PDA

View Full Version : PC Peripherals stop working, then crash - constant

keepitrealAU
03-08-2016, 11:04 AM
Oh joy of joys Ubisoft.

So I am going about enjoying the division on my PC when all of a sudden everything starts to go wrong.

I play with an Xbox 1 controller and three times now at random intervals in the game, the controller shuts off and my mouse stops working. The only way I can exit the game is via the keyboard menus, I do this and exit back to the desktop where my PC locks up and I have to restart. My PC won't restart normally and I need to hard reset via the power button on my tower.

Please for the love of god tell me this is an easy fix? No issues whatsoever in the beta and now that the whole game is out - it's a mess.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? Of note - my Nvidia drivers ARE NOT the most recent broken ones they released that is ls causing multiple issues.

Ubi-Stature
03-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Hi there, keepitrealAU,

Do you have any additional USB peripherals that could be causing a conflict?

Additionally have you tried updating the drivers of the controller itself?

TheWowStartsNow
03-08-2016, 01:08 PM
I am Having the same issue as above the my PC also wont let you click anything and requires a restart, but my bigger issue is that the left trigger for aiming doesn't work! it works fine in the map, this is game breaking, controller works fine on other game.

Ubi-Stature
03-08-2016, 01:19 PM
I am Having the same issue as above the my PC also wont let you click anything and requires a restart, but my bigger issue is that the left trigger for aiming doesn't work! it works fine in the map, this is game breaking, controller works fine on other game.

Do you have any additional USB peripherals connected to your computer other than the controller and your keyboard & mouse?

TheWowStartsNow
03-08-2016, 01:26 PM
Do you have any additional USB peripherals connected to your computer other than the controller and your keyboard & mouse?

no just the controller

Ubi-Stature
03-08-2016, 01:28 PM
Thank you

I'll have the information on this issue progressed to the team!

TheWowStartsNow
03-08-2016, 01:31 PM
Thank you

I'll have the information on this issue progressed to the team!

Thanks! just to clarify the left trigger doesn't work when trying to aim the gun but works fine when browsing the map

TheWowStartsNow
03-08-2016, 01:52 PM
I fixed the problem of left trigger not aiming by updating the controller firmware on the xbox one

dtm4life
03-08-2016, 02:20 PM
Oh joy of joys Ubisoft.

So I am going about enjoying the division on my PC when all of a sudden everything starts to go wrong.

I play with an Xbox 1 controller and three times now at random intervals in the game, the controller shuts off and my mouse stops working. The only way I can exit the game is via the keyboard menus, I do this and exit back to the desktop where my PC locks up and I have to restart. My PC won't restart normally and I need to hard reset via the power button on my tower.

Please for the love of god tell me this is an easy fix? No issues whatsoever in the beta and now that the whole game is out - it's a mess.

Anyone else experiencing a similar issue? Of note - my Nvidia drivers ARE NOT the most recent broken ones they released that is ls causing multiple issues.

I've had the same issue!!!! i'm using a xbox one controller and all of a sudden the controller will lose connectivity and the only way to navigate my computer is using keyboard commands. I also get a beeping sound in my headset whenever i move my mouse.

The only fix that i can find is restarting. Is it the xbox one controller drivers that are screwing up?

Thanks!

boothcomic
03-08-2016, 02:27 PM
Having the same issue as well! Game runs perfect otherwise, I use a controller because I have arthritis and it's more comfortable.

dtm4life
03-08-2016, 07:51 PM
Hi Guys,

I think i found the solution. Looks like Windows update KB3140743 is currently causing lots of users issues with running the xbox one controller and other applications. It seems that randomly the mouse driver will die and you'll experience beeping and loss of mouse functionality.

So remove KB3140743 and have windows hide from taking it to avoid having this issue occur again.

Here is where i found the solution and i wanted to pass it on to hopefully help you guys out.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48pae4/random_mouse_lagging_and_beeping/

Let me know if this was able to help you.

Ubi-bounce
03-08-2016, 09:20 PM
Hi guys can you please open a support ticket and send the ticket number via PM to myself?

In your support ticket can you please add your dxdiag along with a list of make and models for all peripherals connected to your PC?

Thank you!

KongFuGorilla
03-08-2016, 10:33 PM
im having the same issue with mouse/controller dying. it completely shuts off. so i close game and try to sign out of windows, than i get black screen so i do a hard shutdown than they work just fine. i have gone through device manager and uninstall than install mouse.keyboard,controller same thing happens.

Ubi-Stature
03-10-2016, 01:07 PM
Hi guys,

If the issue persists can you provide me with the model of your keyboard/mouse and Private message me your dxdiag file from your computer?

Thanks!

TheWowStartsNow
03-10-2016, 06:26 PM
I removed the windows update suggested and still have the problem so i pretty sure its a bug in the game

greenertosmile
03-10-2016, 06:30 PM
Thank goodness, I was starting to think my computer was on it's last leg. Also when this happens my computer won't shut down. Too lazy to look at event log. I'm just going to Play and Pray until it's fixed. ^_^