PDA

View Full Version : PS4 The Division (Gold Edition) Asia but playing on Australian account.

Kalguraz
03-08-2016, 10:50 AM
I have a big concern before purchasing the game. My main account is an Australian PSN account but due to work reasons I've had to move and am currently in Asia.
I am no longer able to purchase the game on the Australian PSN account because Sony has locked out payments from credit cards that dont come from Australia.

My question is if i purchase the Asian version of the game and redeem everything on an Asian PSN account but play the game using my main Australian account, will i get access to the DLC content on my Australian account or will it not show up at all.

Will the DLC content and preorder bonuses only show up on my Asian account?

Kalguraz
03-08-2016, 12:50 PM
I have a big concern before purchasing the game. My main account is an Australian PSN account but due to work reasons I've had to move and am currently in Asia.
I am no longer able to purchase the game on the Australian PSN account because Sony has locked out payments from credit cards that dont come from Australia.

My question is if i purchase the Asian version of the game and redeem everything on an Asian PSN account but play the game using my main Australian account, will i get access to the DLC content on my Australian account or will it not show up at all.

Will the DLC content and preorder bonuses only show up on my Asian account?

Would really like a response from UBI! So eager to get this game.

Ubi-Houck
03-08-2016, 02:01 PM
Hello, Kalguraz,

I believe it is unlikely you will be able to redeem your content, however I would recommend contacting Sony to clarify. You can contact them using the link below:

https://www.playstation.com/get-help/contact-us/

Thanks

Kalguraz
03-08-2016, 04:16 PM
Hello, Kalguraz,

I believe it is unlikely you will be able to redeem your content, however I would recommend contacting Sony to clarify. You can contact them using the link below:

https://www.playstation.com/get-help/contact-us/

Thanks

Hi Houck, sorry this doesnt answer my question. It is not in regards to redeeming content. My question is with multiple accounts on the PS4, one Asia (where I will buy the game from) will my main Australian account be able to access the DLC content or is it region locked to the Asia account?

Kalguraz
03-09-2016, 12:06 PM
Hi Houck, sorry this doesnt answer my question. It is not in regards to redeeming content. My question is with multiple accounts on the PS4, one Asia (where I will buy the game from) will my main Australian account be able to access the DLC content or is it region locked to the Asia account?

Need a response please from a mod regarding this.

KuzuRanger
03-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Kalguraz
You can most certainly buy your game from X-region and play on any account from another region. Been living in Japan for 15+ years and I have a network of guys who are in the same situation. Most of us use our native country's PSN account to buy games. But many also use a Japanese PSN to buy games + DLC, then just switch to their main (US/EU/etc) account to play as long as all accounts are connected to your console. (You get prompted to do this when making a new account anyways, but you can change back later if you missed it.)

For The Division, I have already confirmed the Japanese version is 100% playable in English. However, I don't know for sure about other Asian regions (China, others?). That should be your biggest concern. So yes you can buy the game + DLC from one region and play on another account for The Divsion. But not all games will play in English, so you'll have to check the next game you play.

EDIT: Just be sure to buy the DLC from the same region as the game. So buy, DL, and install from the same region as the disc/digital game. Once everything is on your PS4, you can switch to the other account (AUZ) and play on that.

Kalguraz
03-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Kalguraz
You can most certainly buy your game from X-region and play on any account from another region. Been living in Japan for 15+ years and I have a network of guys who are in the same situation. Most of us use our native country's PSN account to buy games. But many also use a Japanese PSN to buy games + DLC, then just switch to their main (US/EU/etc) account to play as long as all accounts are connected to your console. (You get prompted to do this when making a new account anyways, but you can change back later if you missed it.)

For The Division, I have already confirmed the Japanese version is 100% playable in English. However, I don't know for sure about other Asian regions (China, others?). That should be your biggest concern. So yes you can buy the game + DLC from one region and play on another account for The Divsion. But not all games will play in English, so you'll have to check the next game you play.

EDIT: Just be sure to buy the DLC from the same region as the game. So buy, DL, and install from the same region as the disc/digital game. Once everything is on your PS4, you can switch to the other account (AUZ) and play on that.

Hey KuzuRanger, thats usually the case however recently some game companies have been changing this policy i.e EA Star Wars Battlefront. I had an asian region game etc etc. but none of the DLC i bought on the asian store was accessable by my other accounts. Only just the main account in Asia could see the DLC add ons or access any of the latest content.

Seeing as I've read that players have had similar issues with The Crew whereby only the main account that purchased the account can access the content where as the other accounts from different regions are not able to access the same content thats already in the system.

I just want to be sure before purchasing.

KuzuRanger
03-09-2016, 12:59 PM
Like I just said, in whatever game you get, you MUST get the DLC from the exact same region as the disc/digital game. Did you properly DL and INSTALL everything from the same (original) region as the game region? You can't simply buy DLC from Asia, then automatically use it / see it before it gets installed on your console. I'm guessing that was your problem.

For the record, I played the US version of Battlefront (as well as most of my games), and can switch freely to any account on my PS4 (US, JPN, etc.) So again, I think you may have missed one of the finer points.

But yah, you should be cautious if you have doubts. I wouldn't trust $60 or $90 from the word of a stranger either (even though I know I am right...haha). Good luck either way you go.