PDA

View Full Version : Enemy level in co-op mission: Bug or bad design choice?

pH0u57
03-08-2016, 10:19 AM
So if I'm say level 10 and my friends are level 6, I essentially can't play with them. No matter if I start the mission, or they do - even if I let them start it without me and join in later - as soon as I step into the mission, all enemies become my level, which makes the mission unplayable for everyone (and we tried).

Why is that? Do you want the game to become unnecessarily harder? Isn't it our choice, if we want an OP player in the mission?

That really sucks, since I can't play with friends who have less free time than me. And as soon as I'm back from my holidays or a longer working trip, I can't play with them because they have a higher level than me.

What this basically means is that you can only play co-op with randoms or you have to have different chars for different friends - and always have to be online when they are. And that kills ALL the fun out of co-op.

PLEASE fix that. Make the enemy's level the same as the char's level who starts the mission and don't change it then.

Ubi-Houck
03-08-2016, 01:23 PM
The level of the enemies depend on the specific level range on the area.

For example, Chelsea area is a 2 - 4 level area. If you and your friend are having issues with the area you are in, please try going into a lower area.

Thanks

pH0u57
03-09-2016, 08:21 AM
I'm talking about missions. The ones where you can change difficulty.

We had the problem in the first mission (madison square garden): They were all level 4-5, enemies were level 5. I joined into the already running mission (level 10) and enemies became level 10. The mission became unplayable.

Why don't make the enemies the level of the person who started the mission (team captain)?

PLEASE fix this fast or I can't play with any of my friends. I didn't buy the game to play with randoms who are my level and thought it would be fun to help other friends who still think about buying the game. If I tell them, that they'll have to play alone, or all enemies will turn level 12 as soon as I join their level 4 mission, they won't buy.

funklogic
03-17-2016, 03:47 AM
Going to a lower level area does not work either. It seems like the game is taking the average of the player levels and making all enemies that level. I did a level 12 mission with a friend who was level 12. I joined their game at level 22. All of the enemies around the Base of Operations were level 17. The enemies in the mission were also level 17. Essentially, I had no problem but my friend just kept dying as they were now under level. It definitely makes the experience unpleasant when you are at larger level differences. So, I would honestly have to start a new character and catch up just to play with them. This is not a good design. They should scale the weapon damage back on the higher level player or something. This way, the lower level player has a better experience.