PDA

View Full Version : PC No sound at ALL

XxOtterxX420
03-08-2016, 08:47 AM
I had no sound in the beta, at all, what so ever. I figured by the time the game came out it'd have sound for me. But no, no sound.
All of my drivers are 100% up to date, and they were also when the beta was current content.
All of my other 168 steam games, all my blizzard games, other uplay games like rainbow 6 siege, have sound.
Youtube has sound.
Skype with all my friends has sound.
Something is wrong with the game and I do not know how to fix it.
Help.

dRaiden12
03-08-2016, 09:56 AM
Same problem here!
I have an i7-4790k and one gtx 770. In the beta i has sound but now in the game i only hear the ubisoft logo at the begining and thats all.
During all the game i can't listen anything and all the other games works perfectly. Drivers updated, and nothing...

Ria0100
03-08-2016, 12:51 PM
I have the same issue since the open beta

Irifec
03-08-2016, 01:06 PM
Just like my title says. I started the game with no voice, so I restarted my computer and now I have no sounds.

Ubi-Stature
03-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Hi guys,

Can you make sure the Audio Settings in-game are not set to surround?

Additionally, can you make sure your Windows playback settings are configured correctly?

Let me know if the issue persists!

RabbidWallaby
03-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I'm close to that. Have most sound, but the main characters talking in cutscenes have no sound and while playing it sometimes lowers sound. Kinda hard to get into the story when you have no idea what they are telling you.

FallenEMP
03-08-2016, 03:14 PM
Hi guys,

Can you make sure the Audio Settings in-game are not set to surround?

Additionally, can you make sure your Windows playback settings are configured correctly?

Let me know if the issue persists!

So you're saying there's an issue with surround sound? Come on, man... this is 2016, how can this still happen?

LeicaM240
03-08-2016, 03:16 PM
I have the same problem as FredxXxBear, but here it is in more detail.

I have sound, I'm pretty sure i have all the sound, but it has problems playing through in certain circumstances, and I believe it is due to the balance. When looking directly at a character head on (vendors), those characters have no sound as they speak upon activation. However, when i turn to either side, their audio cues fade in and can be heard accordingly in the direction of the speaker in which they are speaking through. I believe this issue is also present in cutscene audios, and likely gameplay audios such as gun reloads and footsteps (if there are even footsteps, i have not heard my own since playing this game) as these audio tracks are probably playing in a central location. audio logs such as mission calls and dialogues are also missing. for all audio logs, subtitles still appear.

but yes, kind of hard to play with these audio cues missing :(

kawaiperrota
03-08-2016, 03:51 PM
I played the alpha and the game featured audio and functioned normally , but now with the full game does not have any audio , it appears only the audio to load the logo Ubisoft and when you enter the menu the audio disappears completely .

RabbidWallaby
03-08-2016, 07:15 PM
Seems like it's using surround no matter what. So even on a stereo setup you just don't hear the channels you don't have. You need to fix it so it actually switches to stereo please.

Clensesole
03-08-2016, 07:40 PM
I am having the same problem as Bear and lecia, it seems that I can't hear audio directly in front of me or what would be coming through a central speaker. Turning to the right or left allows me to hear characters speak but I've never heard my footsteps while moving forward and I'm missing all main cutscene dialog. I am a headphone user, I'm not sure if that is contributing but the only two options I seem to have in game is a tv audio and a cinema audio option.

I would love to fix this so I could enjoy the story. I have no idea what is going on :/

looooooonikm
03-08-2016, 07:54 PM
Hello i haven't any sound too in my game, i just have sound during the cinematic and no sound after.

Have you a solution please ?

Thank you

RabbidWallaby
03-08-2016, 10:07 PM
You know I am missing pre order stuff to but you really need to get a fix on the sound bug ASAP Ubi. Kind of a game breaker to not be able to hear the story line.

Blackthorne08
03-08-2016, 10:26 PM

Define for me what you mean "configured correctly??" they work in everything else.

HiddeNGoD11
03-12-2016, 05:44 AM
I am having the same problem as LeicaM240, cant hear my footsteps, certain circumstances cant hear people talking

Olgark
03-12-2016, 09:37 AM
I am having the same problem all other games work fine but the sound in The Division keeps cutting in and out at random points. All my drivers are up to date as well. Had the same problems in the beta but like the OP I would of thought by the time release came it would of been resolved.

Can confirm that changing the in game sound settings has not helped.

I run with 7.1 surround sound headphones. If by changing my windows setting means I have to go with stereo sound instead to stop this problem, then the problem lies with the game coding and a bug. This needs solving I am not on a console, I am on a PC, you do know that PC gamers still exist right ?

UbiInsulin
03-13-2016, 10:36 PM
Hey guys, reviving this thread with some questions from the QA team.

1. What are the volume settings in the in-game audio settings menu?
2. Does the issue persist after restarting the game?
3. What is your listening configuration? (Headphones, TV speakers, surround/stereo?)
4. What is the windows mixer volume for The Division application?
5. What is your default windows sound configuration (stereo or surround)?
6. Did you plug in any other audio devices after launching the game?
7. Can we get dxdiag.txt and your machine specs please? :)

Thanks!

enzonicolas68
03-14-2016, 02:34 AM
Hey guys, reviving this thread with some questions from the QA team.

1. What are the volume settings in the in-game audio settings menu?
2. Does the issue persist after restarting the game?
3. What is your listening configuration? (Headphones, TV speakers, surround/stereo?)
4. What is the windows mixer volume for The Division application?
5. What is your default windows sound configuration (stereo or surround)?
6. Did you plug in any other audio devices after launching the game?
7. Can we get dxdiag.txt and your machine specs please? :)

Thanks!

1- all audio is 100 % , the default setting
2- yes, the problem persists always
3- stereo, notebook speakers
4- the volumen is 100% (and I tried several options and does not work)
5- stereo
6-not.
7- win10 64bit, hp envy15 notebook, intelcorei5 2.4ghz,8gb ram, nvidia840m 2gb, directx 10,11,12 (the same problem with all) controller realtek hd (native windows)

I have no sound problems in the system, only in the game.
Pls Help 6 days soundless

Wondershank
03-14-2016, 02:58 AM
I'm suffering with the same issue.

I alt+tabbed and the sound completely disappeared, absolutely nothing. I've tried all of these below ---

- Uninstalling/Reinstalling didn't fix it (three times)
- Validating the game cache (in steam)
- Tested other games (It's just The Division that HAS to be different)
- Checked default devices and altered sound quality (All options) and it did nothing
- In-game settings - all volumes are at 100%
- Windows Taskbar - 100%

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release_sec.160223-1728)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: To be filled by O.E.M.
System Model: To be filled by O.E.M.
BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/26/14 16:48:57 Ver: 04.06.05
Processor: AMD FX(tm)-9590 Eight-Core Processor (8 CPUs), ~4.7GHz
Memory: 32768MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 32666MB RAM
Page File: 3255MB used, 34529MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: 12
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
Miracast: Available, with HDCP
Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
Display Tab 1: No problems found.
Display Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
Sound Tab 3: No problems found.
Sound Tab 4: No problems found.
Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D: 0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw: 0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay: 0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow: 0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce GTX 980 Ti
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Type: Full Device
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_17C8&SUBSYS_855B1043&REV_A1
Display Memory: 22380 MB
Dedicated Memory: 6047 MB
Shared Memory: 16332 MB

enzonicolas68
03-14-2016, 11:50 PM
Any solution???

enzonicolas68
03-24-2016, 07:48 PM
Help! ????

Natchai_Ubisoft
04-01-2016, 02:42 PM
Hey everyone,

Our team is still working on this and they advise you to install the following microsoft update:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=8109
This could potentially solve your problem.

KhaleKitha
11-20-2016, 01:44 AM
Considering that this update cannot be installed for Windows 10 users as our DirectX is already up to date, this is not a solution.
I, personally, have now tried this with my Creative sound card that works, in everything, my onboard Realtek, and the HDMI audio provided by my monitor. They all work in EVERYTHING except this game, where everything stops once you click to start the game. Worthless to have a game where NO sound works.

Ubi-gabelikes
11-21-2016, 12:45 PM
Hey, please get in contact with support to see if they can assist you with troubleshooting.

https://support.ubi.com/

/gabelikes

ReaPeRsBored
11-22-2016, 03:07 AM
Just started playing on PC. Gameplay and FPS are great, most audio seems normal, but anytime there are voices, it sounds like the chipmunks (SUPER SPEED AUDIO).

I have tried rebooting the game, but has not made any change...any thoughts?

Ubi-gabelikes
11-22-2016, 11:43 AM
Just started playing on PC. Gameplay and FPS are great, most audio seems normal, but anytime there are voices, it sounds like the chipmunks (SUPER SPEED AUDIO).

I have tried rebooting the game, but has not made any change...any thoughts?

Hey, this is most liked caused by one of our Known Issues. Please try the work around to see if that resolves it!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1511890-Sound-Issue-on-PC-(Potential-Workaround)?p=12020392#post12020392

/gabelikes

ReaPeRsBored
11-22-2016, 05:03 PM
gabelikes, thanks! I actually tried this in frustration last night, and it worked. Chipmunks are fun but get a bit old! At any rate, all good. Sorry I searched but couldn't seem to find that known issue.

Ms_Salami
11-28-2016, 11:57 AM
The sound issues I experience are intermittent but it specifically affects PC.

DZ extraction helicopter missing, including announcemnts of the pilot
Music in Survival
After leaving Survival the sound goes like you get deaf affects in Survival

This happened in the PTS and only since 1.5 in the main game. I'm using Home Cinema setting, as 5.1 speakers, not a headset.

Also, I still get the sound of footsteps behind me when player running in front of me in the DZ since 1.3.

Can we fix them this year pls?