PDA

View Full Version : Strobe Flickering in game making it unplayable

Pages : 1 [2]

milkit11
03-28-2016, 06:29 PM
Ubi, please fix the problem of our computer not meeting the minimum requirements.

Just because some people post links saying that it has more brute power does not make the card more appropriate for playing Division. If you are bellow that AMD 7XXX series line you should probably return the game as your purchase was made without consulting the requirements (in a reasonable state of mind).

The flickering has also been reported by users with a 7000 series card.

Spike14812
03-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Ubi, please fix the problem of our computer not meeting the minimum requirements.

Just because some people post links saying that it has more brute power does not make the card more appropriate for playing Division. If you are bellow that AMD 7XXX series line you should probably return the game as your purchase was made without consulting the requirements (in a reasonable state of mind).

Missing the point of all these people being able to play fine before this new patch and being able to test that it will work for them in the open and closed beta before purchasing. How can anyone predict that they'll break the game for them in future patches?

dyerpunk
03-28-2016, 10:07 PM
The problem exist because of amd. Amd is no longer supporting anything older than the 6000 series cards. They sent them to legacy status. This is why ubisoft decided not to support the 6000 series cards in the first place. Take your frustrations out on AMD guys, They should be supporting a card that is only 4 years old. WE GIVE THEM A LOT MORE MONEY THAN UBISOFT!!!! However i think ubisoft may resolve this issue but it may take some time. Heres a link (http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop/legacy?product=legacy3&os=Windows+10+-+64) to amd's website where they talk about sending the 6000 series to legacy status. Please ubisoft fix this problem, were not all rich and can affort new hardware every few years!!

ZETey1
03-28-2016, 10:07 PM
UBIsoft not whant It feels like they do not want to fix anything!
That took the money and now! Come the **** we do not owe you nothing

genies123
03-29-2016, 08:22 AM
My display card is HD6850 that is the same problem there.
Please fix it.

murpymurp
03-29-2016, 08:43 AM
Didn't go through this entire thread to see if anyone is running SLI. But if you are, i got rid of the flickering by going into the NVIDiA control panel>manage 3d settings and changed the SLI rendering mode for the game to "force alternate frame rendering 2". Unfortunately, it lowered my average frame rate from 60 fps to 56fps but at least i don't have to worry about getting a seizure. =D

Xintar08
03-29-2016, 09:28 AM
So it seems many issues are mostly haunting those with

1, AMD
2. Windows 10
3. SLI or CFX

And ofc. those with really old gfx cards, buts thats normal.

RemcoINC
03-29-2016, 02:20 PM
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.3.2

The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire mode.

STILL NOT FIXED, so I guess its Ubisofts fault.

UA_SOAP
03-29-2016, 04:12 PM
my specs:
AMD FX 9590
ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z
16 GB of RAM 2400 (runs at ~2100)
ASUS R9 295x2 8 gb (1 video card)
Windows 10 Home x64
19" screen (1280-1024)
AMD latest drivers from 28/03/16

Beta - no flickering
ver. 1.0 - a bit of flickering at base and in some buildings
ver 1.02 - flickering all over the place which goes to total white screen

The only way to get off of those flickering is play in windowed/windowed(bordless) mode but then my fps goes from 35 (nothing hepens at screen) to 19 (in most "epic" moments) (mid-high video settings), while division test simulation shows that in fullscreen mode my averege fps should be 77 in same video settings

P.S.
finaly received pre-order stuff, after 70 hours of gameplay)

P.S. 2
I noticed that in main menu where we choose character, visualy characters look much more better then in the actaul gameplay close to what we saw in e3 2013

Brazik69
03-29-2016, 07:49 PM
The new crimson edition driver, is not support HD6000 series videocard. The last driver for HD6000 is Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta . He is not resolve flickering issue. So i have a bad news for all owners HD6000, issue not will be fixed it is 100% information...

Spike14812
03-29-2016, 08:06 PM
The new crimson edition driver, is not support HD6000 series videocard. The last driver for HD6000 is Crimson Edition 16.2.1 Beta . He is not resolve flickering issue. So i have a bad news for all owners HD6000, issue not will be fixed it is 100% information...

The unplayable flickering started with the newest patch(1.0.2), this has nothing to do with drivers, I've used the same ones during both betas and before this patch with no problem. As soon as the game updated this all started. This would mean ubisoft has done something with the lighting effects that is causing this, hopefully they can either revert the change or give some command for the engine to disable the effect.

GrrUsername
03-29-2016, 10:33 PM
The unplayable flickering started with the newest patch(1.0.2), this has nothing to do with drivers, I've used the same ones during both betas and before this patch with no problem. As soon as the game updated this all started. This would mean ubisoft has done something with the lighting effects that is causing this, hopefully they can either revert the change or give some command for the engine to disable the effect.

^^^This, this exactly.

fuzywuzybuny
03-29-2016, 11:34 PM
Missing the point of all these people being able to play fine before this new patch and being able to test that it will work for them in the open and closed beta before purchasing. How can anyone predict that they'll break the game for them in future patches?

bingo! At this point I really wish they would just give a definitive answer on what they are doing. If they are going to say screw it, anyone who has this problem is out of luck...or if it is something they are trying to fix. (It is not on the known issue list)

Which raises an interesting question, if a company releases a game, proven to run fine, and then patches the game to make it unplayable for some, do we have the right to refunds? Cause as you stated, they held an open beta, game was playable. They released the game, as playable. In any other industry, you buy a product, it stops working because of a manufacturer defect, in this case, a change, you get a refund.

JohnBenisPutter
03-30-2016, 02:33 AM
Got fed up with this, started playing around in settings, noticed a bloom setting in a config file that isn't shown in game.

C:\Users\xxx\Documents\My Games\Tom Clancy's The Division\graphic setting.cfg

Look for: bloom = true
Change to: bloom = false

and that, while not completely cured the issue, made it about 96% better imo.

Lolssi
03-30-2016, 03:20 AM
Disabling Crossfire didn't help with HD7990. Now the the game is unplayable when before it was unplayable only after 30mins :p

DocDrunk
03-30-2016, 07:55 AM
Got same problem as the rest of the amd users, Gfx Card 6950

UndiscoveredTR
03-31-2016, 02:33 AM

I think they dont care this issue.Cause of nvidia.But we dont pay 3x money for nvidia cards.We are play this game very clearly before 1.02 patch.So stop talking about systems and do ur job ubi.Ppl play this game very clear before buy this game.(cbt and obt.).So we dont buy nvidia cards.Do ur job and fix this problem.

Laurencee2
03-31-2016, 04:30 AM
I had the same problem before the update and after the update it get worse

My config.

CPU: Amd A10-7850k Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.70GHz
MB:Gigabyte F2A88X-D3H
RAM: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6990 msi 4GB
Driver: 16.2.1
Windows 10

genies123
03-31-2016, 01:33 PM
Got fed up with this, started playing around in settings, noticed a bloom setting in a config file that isn't shown in game.

It doesn't work

SteamFunk.
03-31-2016, 03:27 PM

Doesn't work for me either, no change.

ID4rKNiGhT
03-31-2016, 08:57 PM
Nope, it doesn't work :/

RecklessGhost.
03-31-2016, 09:01 PM
If you change "indoor = true," to "indoor = false," the Flickering will be 95% gone.. BUT you will have a black shadow over all thing below character eye level in your base of operations(can't see vendors or JTF officers) :rolleyes: It's a "fix" to one problem but in turn creates another one hahaha.

as an FYI- Stay away from anything that generates a Glare from the Sun or that the sun is shinning through as it is "setting". the Mass screen whiteouts seem to be caused when the sun is going down and reflecting on the building you are in,around, or near.

here are a couple of my videos from the past 2 days. I will continue to upload untill Ubi and AMD get together to come up with a Fix.

and as info when i am NOT using an HD6000 series card these issues happen so this is no longer a blanketed issue to one specific series of cards.

https://youtu.be/0FnROluizj0
https://youtu.be/0dfr38luQ8U
https://youtu.be/dpl0zbMZ9_I

SlovenianHusky
04-01-2016, 11:19 AM
If you change "indoor = true," to "indoor = false," the Flickering will be 95% gone.. BUT you will have a black shadow over all thing below character eye level in your base of operations(can't see vendors or JTF officers) :rolleyes: It's a "fix" to one problem but in turn creates another one hahaha.

as an FYI- Stay away from anything that generates a Glare from the Sun or that the sun is shinning through as it is "setting". the Mass screen whiteouts seem to be caused when the sun is going down and reflecting on the building you are in,around, or near.

here are a couple of my videos from the past 2 days. I will continue to upload untill Ubi and AMD get together to come up with a Fix.

and as info when i am NOT using an HD6000 series card these issues happen so this is no longer a blanketed issue to one specific series of cards.

https://youtu.be/0FnROluizj0
https://youtu.be/0dfr38luQ8U
https://youtu.be/dpl0zbMZ9_I

Went on your channel for The Division videos, stayed for the husky videos :3

RockahoIic
04-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Any update about resolving the issue?
There would be a DLC Incursion release on 12 of April.
Is there anything done to fix the issue that comes together with the DLC release?

turbomong
04-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Ubisoft about as transparent as a nigerian wearing a bin bag, please just any sort of acknowledgement that there is a fix coming would be nice.

RecklessGhost.
04-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Ubisoft about as transparent as a nigerian wearing a bin bag, please just any sort of acknowledgement that there is a fix coming would be nice.

Maybe I missed it but I have yet to see them even acknowledge the issue and put on the Known Issue page aside from the "I will pass this along" reply way back in this thread.. Why on Earth would you expect them to have a Fix lol.

I would LOVE to see a follow up post from Ubi just simply stating that Yes we are testing it in house - We are infact able to recreate the issue and are working on it from there.

(Being in nVidia's pocket I doubt any of their systems even have any of the Red Team's Cards in them to begin with so 99% of their testing platforms are probaly Green cards and the other 1% of the results come from Alpha and Beta testers lol - This is all speculation of course.. :)

RockahoIic
04-01-2016, 05:28 PM
Maybe I missed it but I have yet to see them even acknowledge the issue and put on the Known Issue page aside from the "I will pass this along" reply way back in this thread.. Why on Earth would you expect them to have a Fix lol.

I would LOVE to see a follow up post from Ubi just simply stating that Yes we are testing it in house - We are infact able to recreate the issue and are working on it from there.

(Being in nVidia's pocket I doubt any of their systems even have any of the Red Team's Cards in them to begin with so 99% of their testing platforms are probaly Green cards and the other 1% of the results come from Alpha and Beta testers lol - This is all speculation of course.. :)

You are not far from the truth.

Rapid_Rider_UK
04-01-2016, 05:35 PM
I played the beta and it was fine. On the back of that I purchased the full game but it is unplayable.

How do I request a refund?

Neolitejukebox
04-01-2016, 11:20 PM

I dunno , since PC releases when you want to test it , you will run it on different product specifically to trackdown these issues.
So it would be weird Q&A actually just ran a certain HW config and would be against the point of the entire Q&A.

I would advise to stop thinking about "teams" when those teams are 2 companies ;) It's just Team consumer here ;)

I'm using an nvidia card right now , so I'm not getting these issues , yet everytime I see a 1.0.2 video with "crazy disco mode lights" I cringe and I'm sad for the consumer.
This and the people that cannot play cause of the backpack bug, missing important npcs ( tech wing ) , look really bad ( although Backpack bug has been addressed )
Lately I see a lot of ppl claiming they are on Team green or red and that's a weird illusion. Nvidia and AMD are their own teams , we are team "we bough it".

Ubisoft should give an official answer to this , since the users have already tracked down the specific HW it happens, half the job is done by the community. ( You even posted a workarround for it (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1402308-Strobe-Flickering-in-game-making-it-unplayable?p=11552456&viewfull=1#post11552456) , that will probably help in detecting what is causing this )

So free bump to this, hope you guys get this bug fixed fast.

TheOnlyDoor
04-01-2016, 11:52 PM
I'm somewhat suspicious of of green team profit motives and collution here. Particularly when ubi-soft is strangley silent about the crossfire issue. After all fixing AMD issues might lead to Red team profits and less green profits team since red team tends to be cheaper in the first place. This is a "Nvidia" game after all. Corporations pull this stuff all the time, why should Ubi-soft or Nvidia be any different. Non of us Red team suckers are going to get thet're money back anyways.
Lessons learned.....if you run AMD only buy AMD logo games and the same for Nvidia.

Neolitejukebox
04-01-2016, 11:57 PM
I'm somewhat suspicious of of green team profit motives and collution here. Particularly when ubi-soft is strangley silent about the crossfire issue. After all fixing AMD issues might lead to Red team profits and less green profits team since red team tends to be cheaper in the first place. This is a "Nvidia" game after all. Corporations pull this stuff all the time, why should Ubi-soft or Nvidia be any different. Non of us Red team suckers are going to get thet're money back anyways.
Lessons learned.....if you run AMD only buy AMD logo games and the same for Nvidia.

You are not RED team , unless you are getting the money ;)
Untill you work for AMD or Nvidia , stating that you are in a TEAM , is just stating your a marketing tool.

You are consumer team ;) Don't get dragged to their fight ;)

Consumers tend to create attachment to brands, that is great for the brand , bad for the consumer.
If you get a problem .... your "TEAM" doesn't even know who you are.

You should buy the best option , if now someone with an orange colour offers me a 50$ card that runs great , I'll buy that. Why should I as a consumer pretend I'm part of a team that's a corporation that wants to sell me a product ?

BTW : A lot of SLI users are also getting major issues, so there goes that theory ( a 3rd party profile is the best performer in SLI , stuttering issues ... ) though I wouldn't compare that to this though.

Ubi needs to fix this , blaming nvidia/AMD for this is stupid and is blame-shifting, Ubi should give some info at least stating they are aware of this and an ETA on this fix.

SlovenianHusky
04-02-2016, 12:23 AM
I tried turning off the "inside" option in the files. It didnt help and it didnt even give me the weird shadows. I also tried deleting the game, then deleting the game folder in "My Games". Once i installed it back, the settings stayed (weirdly) and the problem remained.

Neolitejukebox
04-02-2016, 11:48 AM
Up goes this thread.

This must be the worst thing 1.0.2 brought to users.

I understand that due to consoles and PC , a client update is a mess and has a certain timeline problem , but exceptions must be made for certain stuff.
This problem affects PC only , I think "1.0.1b" should have arrived some time ago.

SlovenianHusky
04-02-2016, 12:02 PM
Up goes this thread.

This must be the worst thing 1.0.2 brought to users.

I understand that due to consoles and PC , a client update is a mess and has a certain timeline problem , but exceptions must be made for certain stuff.
This problem affects PC only , I think "1.0.1b" should have arrived some time ago.

Yep this only affects the PC since we can have such a diverse hardware.

But seriously. Ubisoft please. Tell us something. You just told people that got locked out from their accounts due to the backpack bug, that the problem will be fixed on 12th of April with patch 1.1.

This issue is of the same capacity. People stop playing because its literally impossible. Headaches are being caused by this. So in some way this is a bit more serious. Now that you have a fix on the backpack, would you please work on this? Please.

Tick184
04-02-2016, 02:35 PM
I up, got the same problem and it's really annoying. What's that support, the worst I've ever seen, I don't think I'll buy any of your games anymore.
I went to AMD forum and support directly respond to all of my question in ONE DAY so what's up with yours?

Windows 7 64 Bits, latest CCC (15.7.1) driver, AMD Radeon HD 6950 (and don't tell me it isn't because of the AMD Radeon HD 6xxx series) and AMD FX-8150 Eight-core.

What should we do to be heard Ubi, tell me?

Ubi$oft, take exemple from CD Project Red Studio, solving almost every bugs stated in a day-one patch and providing really nice free and paid DLC making their games even better than they already are.

Dhuum.
04-02-2016, 03:02 PM
If you change "indoor = true," to "indoor = false," the Flickering will be 95% gone.. BUT you will have a black shadow over all thing below character eye level in your base of operations(can't see vendors or JTF officers) It's a "fix" to one problem but in turn creates another one hahaha.

time to buy new card ;/ not funny ;s :mad::mad::mad:

joris89--
04-02-2016, 03:05 PM
Had the same flickering problem, bought a geforce and problem solved bad bad bad support it's became a very expensive game this way

ID4rKNiGhT
04-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Had the same flickering problem, bought a geforce and problem solved bad bad bad support it's became a very expensive game this way

I won't buy a new graphic card just because Massive don't know how to fix something. Any attourney over here? Can we find some point for sue Ubi/massive for seeling a game that can give you epilepsia or vision damage?

Stig-Baasvik
04-02-2016, 03:35 PM
If the game market wasn't polluted with Nvidia Gameworks I reckon half these problems wouldn't exist for AMD users. 16.3.2 is joke of a driver from AMD, rolling back to 15.12 is the only fix I personally can think of to stop disco city giving me a bloody fit (even though I'm not epileptic). They know about it but don't give a **** it seems, poor show AMD, poor show!

EDIT: Borderless windowed or windowed gets rid of the flickering but the massive dip in frames isn't worth it.

turbomong
04-02-2016, 05:48 PM
still no reply from ubi, shocker :p anyone had any luck with a refund yet?

Alexandre027
04-02-2016, 06:59 PM
I updated a ticket I have with them, last time I chat they told me they are collecting information from users. I'd say we all open a chat with them here:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faq/9/3888/ubisoft-support-contact-information/kA030000000ee8ACAQ

cypher_complex
04-02-2016, 07:46 PM
Nvidia Geforce Drivers 364.72 Released Division notes for drivers inside.
[SLI, Tom Clancy's The Division] Frequent freezes and pauses as well as low GPU usage result in low FPS. ---This was noted for windows 7 and Windows 10 (shudder).

So as always - *clean* install of the drivers tends to help with Nvidia drivers.

TorxSigma
04-03-2016, 08:58 AM
Is there any update for ati users? I tried all wrote down in this topic, nothing helped so far. Game is unplayable, most time btw. sometimes it works for a short time, sometimes not.

Alexandre027
04-03-2016, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, if some of you open a case (ASK A QUESTION) with Ubisoft on this link: https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faq/9/3888/ubisoft-support-contact-information/kA030000000ee8ACAQ

Refer to my case #03048440 to accumulate more data.

Natchai_Ubisoft
04-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Just so you know, this issue has already been forwarded and is under investigation.
For now, the only thing I can recommend is verifying files in Steam/Uplay and making a Clean install of the latest graphics card drivers.
You might also want to turn off Bloom / Vignette in the graphic settings.
Also, please make sure you don't have third party programs running in the background like overclocking software.

Alexandre027
04-03-2016, 05:08 PM
Just so you know, this issue has already been forwarded and is under investigation.
For now, the only thing I can recommend is verifying files in Steam/Uplay and making a Clean install of the latest graphics card drivers.
Also, please make sure you don't have third party programs running in the background like overclocking software.

I appreciate the reply, so this issue was reproduced by Ubi? Would be nice to be able to play back :S

Alexandre027
04-03-2016, 05:16 PM

Vignette and bloom didn't changed anything. As part of the troubleshooting the background apps were verified too. Still not working as expected.

SlovenianHusky
04-04-2016, 04:58 PM

Personally, I already reinstalled, put all of the settings to off (yes, including Bloom and Vignette) and the problem still persisted. No overclocking software present.

Thank you a lot for the update tho. I hope you can keep us up to date with the situation! :3

RecklessGhost.
04-04-2016, 05:08 PM

Thanks for the Follow up Glad to see this thread isn't going un-noticed! I'm sure it's tough keeping up with a topic that has 30 pages of replies and 27,000 views - Which is out pacing every other topic and even stickied threads that have been here since day 1.

Would someone be able to verify if Ubisoft has in fact been able to re-create these issues? It's going to be very difficult to trouble shoot an issue that can't be re-created in-house. Especially when I'm guessing that all testing platforms are probably somewhere in the range of less than 2 years old at most.

Most companies are testing on how high they can get their games to run at when in reality only 15% of the customer base is actually going to be running the $800-$1200 videocards. and maybe 30% are in the mid-to high end cards at $400+ and then the other %55 would be somewhere in the range of $200-$300 and then running that card for 3+ years.

I wonder if when being tested different cards were used from both ends of the performance spectrum.
For example (SLI GTX 980 TI down to a single 2gb 750 TI or less)
and the AMD equivelants and as far down the ladder as a 5XXX series card.

juz--
04-04-2016, 08:36 PM
I got the same issue with the flickering.

Tried multiple driver versions, all do the same. Mostly indoor areas have this problem but also some outdoor textures.

Intel i5 2500
AMD HD6970 2GB

M4gn3tic
04-04-2016, 08:49 PM
I got the same problem on my system too. Please fix it, we cant play :(

Intel i5 3570K - 3.4GHz

Asus HD5870 Gpu

Asrock Z77 Pro3 - Mainboard

8 GB DDR3 Memory

Windows 8.1 Ultimate

morturia
04-05-2016, 07:01 AM
Well its been what over 3 weeks now that i haven't been able to play do to these problems, spend over 80 euro's on it been able to play for 115 hours first week up until the patch so a refund is out of the question as well.

Why arent u responding to our requests Ubisoft u say its under investigation but then nothing is being heard about it at all,
not a single post not a single patch or whatever.

Tbh growing tired of this, always been a supporter of your company and own most of your games, but if this is how u treat
your fans/customers then let me tell u that the Division was the last game i ever bought of u.

No more AC ttile no more FarCry or anything else.

Lolssi
04-05-2016, 07:46 AM
Or like Uplay? :p

Dhuum.
04-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Or like Uplay? :phttp://emoty.blox.pl/resource/hahaha.gif

under investigation.

Bug from closed beta JANUARY 2016 still under investigation in APRIL 2016....wwwwwwwwwwwooooowwww.... seriously? Big LOL

And still no mini fix.. http://emoty.blox.pl/resource/hahaha.gif

RemcoINC
04-05-2016, 12:02 PM
AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.1 Hotfix

Guess what?

The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire mode.

Blackshadow2444
04-05-2016, 12:38 PM
PC System Analysis for The Division
The Divisions graphics requirements are very demanding, by modern PC hardware standards. Lots of small objects litter the gamers screen at any given time, pushing CPU and graphics card needs to their limits. Minimum Division graphics requirements are starting with an AMD HD 7770 or GTX 560, but it is definitely recommended to have something around an Nvidia GTX 960 or GTX 970. 8GB system memory and a top end CPU will also be encouraged.

So i asume that everyone with lower specs will have issues

ihave amd 5500 and that is definatly terrible
Flickering and pure white screens so i dont have a clue where im going ... (and all visual specs in game options are on LOW or put off and its still to heavy, so go figure :) )

so end of the month im gonna buy a better system with at least the minimum requirements

Hairy_Tea8ags
04-05-2016, 03:25 PM
Come on!!! someone needs to get their act together, this game is still flickering on AMD crossfire. You hyped the game being made with MGPU/4k resolutions as a key selling point, so why is it still flickering on crossfire 4 weeks later?? This is unacceptable, AMD have released 3 or 4 driver updates since release, each time putting in the known issue "The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire mode"

Not good enough.

morturia
04-05-2016, 05:13 PM
I have a 6950 graphics card 2gb one of the first being released and prior to the first patch i had 0 issues with the game
it run rather smooth though at low settings but didn't have a single issue or crash or DC.

After the patch game became unplayable.
Whatever Ubisoft has done all the ******** that people have been sprouting of cards outdated etc is just a load of ********,
if that would have been the case i would not have been able to play for 115 hours the first week.

I will be buying a new system in about 2 months time 1 which will far exceed the requirements but that don't mean i don't want to
play a game for which i payed 80 Euro's and aren't able to play it now due to some ****ty patch.

genies123
04-05-2016, 06:05 PM
1.1 Patch is not including to fix the flickering problem. Right?

Hairy_Tea8ags
04-05-2016, 06:13 PM
1.1 Patch is not including to fix the flickering problem. Right?

nope none what so ever. Ubi got our money, they couldn't give a **** now

SlovenianHusky
04-05-2016, 07:07 PM
Patch notes are up. Nothing about our problem. I guess we get to sit this one out....

turbomong
04-05-2016, 07:21 PM
not even anything mentioned in 1.1 patch notes, what a ****ing joke of a company you are, disgraceful.

RndNinyah
04-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Wow really? You're crapping on the company for not giving a 5-6 year old gfx card more support? In computer years this is alot more. Its graveyard old. I haven't really looked on minimum specs but kinda feel you're in the grey area with a card this old. And regarding the crossfire support, not every game gives the support afaik, and if they opt to do it at some point its because they feel nice or have the time over for it. So kinda doubt you can expect to get it "patched" because I'm pretty sure there is quite alot of underlying issues with the architecture not supporting things the engine use etc.

turbomong
04-05-2016, 07:47 PM
Wow really? You're crapping on the company for not giving a 5-6 year old gfx card more support? In computer years this is alot more. Its graveyard old. I haven't really looked on minimum specs but kinda feel you're in the grey area with a card this old. And regarding the crossfire support, not every game gives the support afaik, and if they opt to do it at some point its because they feel nice or have the time over for it. So kinda doubt you can expect to get it "patched" because I'm pretty sure there is quite alot of underlying issues with the architecture not supporting things the engine use etc.

what don't you get that it was PLAYABLE before patch 1.02, they dropped the patch and now it is UNPLAYABLE. People only bought the game after PLAYING the betas/beginning of the game fine on their rigs only to have them PATCH them out of the game making the game UNPLAYABLE you mong

RecklessGhost.
04-05-2016, 08:10 PM

Age is sometimes irrelevant. Lets not focus on the age of a product but the specifications of said product - I say this because this is NOT A HD6XXX Series ONLY ISSUE. If you were with us for all 32 pages you would see that this issue is not only on the Sub 6xxx series cards.

The minimum system requirements posted during the Beta there was NO mention of specific models of cards only a cards specifications (2gb of ram, [X] clock speed..etc) So having said that- All these people playing the Beta and the first week had no issues and now I see the minimum requirements have been changed now that these issues arose.

Based on AMD's newest Windows Hotfix they have specifically identified a "Flickering" issue but also single it out as a Crossfire issue.. I guess we can look at this as a step in the right direction? lol

Maybe Ubisolft can take 10 minutes out of their Busy day and let AMD know that this issue is not ONLY with Cross-fire and to Test in house on Single GPU's from a lower scale(6xxx,7xxx cards)

M4gn3tic
04-05-2016, 08:41 PM
I will try to open ticket to Ubisoft, i hope they will fix that problem fastly, because really i cant play this game. and i dont must to buy new graphic card :mad:

There is my problem video link;

https://youtu.be/03AV7d97xds

cinder2013
04-05-2016, 10:28 PM
I've been able to work around this by taking it off FullScreen and playing in Fullscreen windowed or windowed mode.

This sucks for all of us because these cards are still viable.

I'm running a radeon 7990

Full specs

I7-6770
16gb ram ddr4
win10 64bit
acer xr341ck monitor.
Radeon HD 7990 6gb

Frost1k991
04-05-2016, 11:59 PM
not even anything mentioned in 1.1 patch notes, what a ****ing joke of a company you are, disgraceful.

Added new resolution scaling and lighting options

GrrUsername
04-06-2016, 03:46 AM

As others have said this wasn't happening until the patch a bit over a week ago, so they really need to put in a switch to toggle on/off whatever lighting change they made, or just take it out. We're paying customers, just like everyone else, just because we're a minority doesn't make our rights any less.

Also, in defense of my card - it has been excellent. It's really never given me any problems and even now runs new games at "high" etc settings. This card's been really reliable, and have never had any reason to consider replacing it yet, and I wouldn't be surprised if others out there feel the same. Seems they were built to last.

Bigodon
04-06-2016, 04:59 AM
i don't have this problem
but my game keep crashing and after read the patch notes i think we are by our own on this.

i highly doubt they gonna fix anything posted on this section of forum

Lolssi
04-06-2016, 08:05 AM
I've been able to work around this by taking it off FullScreen and playing in Fullscreen windowed or windowed mode.

This sucks for all of us because these cards are still viable.

I'm running a radeon 7990

Full specs

I7-6770
16gb ram ddr4
win10 64bit
acer xr341ck monitor.
Radeon HD 7990 6gb
Same card as you. Disabling crossfire doesn't help like they say. Could be because of our mutant card :P
Didn't have issues until couple weeks ago. I'll try the windowed you sugested.

konmarin
04-07-2016, 08:52 AM
and why??? the answer is simple a lot of people playing beta with 5xxx and 6xxx they don't have problems before patch and forget to mention that on the pre order they don't say about system requirements PREPARE FOR REFUND PETITION!!!

Audi1Pete
04-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Unplayable for me too r9 295x2 flickering is insane this needs too be fixed.

RecklessGhost.
04-07-2016, 01:32 PM
and why??? the answer is simple a lot of people playing beta with 5xxx and 6xxx they don't have problems before patch and forget to mention that on the pre order they don't say about system requirements PREPARE FOR REFUND PETITION!!!

I like your enthusiasm but as stated multiple times this is NOT only happening on only 5-6k series cards.

konmarin
04-07-2016, 08:50 PM
Now ubisoft developers you can go and ask nvidia to fix all the problems flickering ,sli,crossfire,fps drops ,strobe,etc...
created by closed type crapworks api or maybe to rebuild your game if you know what i mean...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7fA_JC_R5s

Ksyalthoc
04-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Don't forget about endless loading times,this game is complete trash now,unplayable.

Lolssi
04-08-2016, 10:03 AM
Playing windowed seems to help. Though with the cost of performance.

RockahoIic
04-08-2016, 08:37 PM

Will it be fix by the INCURSIONS patch release? Yes or no?

I can guarantee Ubisoft this, Ubisoft is losing the trust of customers and has been chasing away gamers from purchasing this game.
1st of all the division game is not that great is has 50/50 across all reviews, but it a shooter MMO therefore people are still willing to pay for trying out new IP game, provided if it can run smoothly.
But this game is unplayable with the insane flicking and shuttering issue.
In fact I haven't been playing this game other then logging in just to see of flicking has been fix yet, ever since the flicking got worst after previous patch. My siblings, cousins and friends wanted to purchase the game until they have witness the insane flicking on my computer which gives them headaches and induce vomiting as well.

I've been playing Overwatch Beta for quite awhile, And I never had so much fun for a long time and it just not me who have said the same thing.
The fact blizz just given the bird to SJWs by replacing tracer's butt pose for even more sexualized Pin-Up girl pose.
Let alone the game is freaking fun on it's own, Gamers are going to pre-order the game without any hesitation including myself and the people I've mentioned, That is where ubisoft is losing the customers.

Blizzard has done many things to earn the trust of the customer, you might want to earn from them.
In case Ubisoft don't notice, the two key thing is releasing a full game without game breaking issues and listening to customer who actually making purchase with their hard earned money,
Instead of nerfing the game to oblivion removing whatever fun is left of it, it would far wiser to focus on resolving the technical issue first.

To sum this experience up
Overwatch (Beta) = Endless Fun & trust
Division(Full game release) = Frustration, Despair, misdoubt, betrayed.

turbomong
04-08-2016, 09:15 PM

I can guarantee Ubisoft this, Ubisoft is losing the trust of customers and has been chasing away gamers from purchasing this game.
1st of all the division game is not that great is has 50/50 across all reviews, but it a shooter MMO therefore people are still willing to pay for trying out new IP game, provided if it can run smoothly.
In fact I haven't been playing this game other then logging in just to see of flicking has been fix yet, ever since the flicking got worst after previous patch. My siblings, cousins and friends wanted to purchase the game until they have witness the insane flicking on my computer which gives them headaches and induce vomiting as well.

I've been playing Overwatch Beta for quite awhile, And I never had so much fun for a long time and it just not me who have said the same thing.
The fact blizz just given the bird to SJWs by replacing tracer's butt pose for even more sexualized Pin-Up girl pose.
Let alone the game is freaking fun on it's own, Gamers are going to pre-order the game without any hesitation including myself and the people I've mentioned, That is where ubisoft is losing the customers.

Blizzard has done many things to earn the trust of the customer, you might want to earn from them.
In case Ubisoft don't notice, the two key thing is releasing a full game without game breaking issues and listening to customer who actually making purchase with their hard earned money,
Instead of nerfing the game to oblivion removing whatever fun is left of it, it would far wiser to focus on resolving the technical issue first.

+1 i have never known such a dishonest company in my entire life, ubisoft/massive make EA look like glowing angels

Alexandre027
04-09-2016, 03:47 AM

+1 on this too, Ubisoft gave me the worse customer experience ever.... not answering me since day one had to chat with them to get some kind of supprt which was mainly general crap.

Anyways, the hype for this game is now dead and I do not feel like playing it... haven't been able to play properly since March 23rd.... R I D I C U L O U S.

turbomong
04-09-2016, 05:32 PM
bump

RecklessGhost.
04-09-2016, 06:40 PM
More Videos up for your Viewing Pleasure Ubisoft.

https://youtu.be/N813xdOLYZc
https://youtu.be/S-81Nn5IEGw
https://youtu.be/piAug7y8S3Y

SlovenianHusky
04-10-2016, 01:32 AM
Also, If you might think this thread isn't the most constructive, go ahead and ask us anything Ubi. We will help out however we can.

nialljd
04-10-2016, 01:58 AM
Getting the same problem, I have 6970, didn't want to come on and complain before because I only experienced flickering lights, because my graphics card was old and I was shocked that i could even run this game I thought it was a small price to pay, but now, the burning orange and white all over the screen makes it completely unplayable.

Thing is, if I was lagging badly due to low FPS then I would accept it and say to myself that its a consequence of having an old card but not this... If I play a game that is graphically intensive like ark survival evolved and im getting like 5 FPS, then im not gonna blame the game devs, I have an old card so **** happens, hey it could still be an badly optimized game but I stil have not nor have I have ever complained of having a low fps when my rig is old, but when you cannot even play the game that you could previously then its an issue. Please fix. Wierd thing is, Ive never had one bit of lag before, ive had to play on low, but even on low this game looks great.

Main problem too with playing a game that worked previously is that if I had've downloaded the game initially, found out it didn't work ( which in fairness , I half expected) then I couldve said hey it didnt work too bad, least ill get a refund. But now? After having played so many hours in the game I highly doubt they would give me a refund.

TorxSigma
04-10-2016, 12:12 PM
ATI brought up 2 new driver versions (Crimson) that supports older cards too. Problem is same. AMD support told that it this problem is an Ubisoft problem. So next Patch is on April 12th i believe? Are you going to fix that?

turbomong
04-10-2016, 07:20 PM
More Videos up for your Viewing Pleasure Ubisoft.

https://youtu.be/N813xdOLYZc
https://youtu.be/S-81Nn5IEGw
https://youtu.be/piAug7y8S3Y

nice graphics, working as intended I'm gonna assume

ThunderBlitz30
04-11-2016, 05:58 PM
bump

do we have an official confirmation of the bugfix for older cards?

Solrak.
04-11-2016, 07:36 PM
patch notes:

PC specific

Added new resolution scaling and lighting options
Added support for reporting players on PC. Players can now type in chat /report
Improvements to resolution detection and switching between display modes
Fixed some issues with camera movement while using Tobii Eye Tracker
Fixed screen look for minimap when using Tobii Eye Tracker
Fixed several issues with Logitech peripherals
Fixed several graphic issues due to dual monitor display
Fixed an issue where players could move UI elements out of the visible screen area

here's hoping that its a fix :/

IamrealT0NY
04-12-2016, 11:25 AM
Thanks for 1.1 patch Ubisoft. :D:D:D

DeifyTroll
04-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Cmon, new patch still dosnt fix problem. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! Still anyone create petition?

SlovenianHusky
04-12-2016, 12:05 PM
Patch looks like it has fixed my stobe flickering for now. Will obviously have to do more testing. *knocks on the wood*

What I did was:

Local Reflection Quality - Set this one to "Off" (this option may have not helped but still try)
Neutral Lighting - Set this one to "Yes" (because yes apparently turns it off)

Neutral lighting option came with this patch. It might have helped.
After you do all that, close the game and start it back up. Let me know the results!

EDIT: This seemed to have worked in "The Cavern" and in "Base Of Operations". Going out in the world i still see flickering. There's massive amounts of it still in DZ checkpoints.

EDIT 2: Im about to reinstall my Display Drivers. I will remove the crimson edition ones and revert all the way to Catalyst ones, version 15.x. Will let you know how it goes.

EDIT 3: While Crimson edition drivers still had major flickering within dark zone checkpoints and "dungeons", the Catalyst edition seem to get rid of that. For now, Catalyst edition with those optioms seems the best. Tho the nights seem way darker. Will update this post if something occurs.

EDIT 4: Looks like the flickering comes back in time. I've been playing for 45ish minutes and the good old flickering everywhere returned.

Frost1k991
04-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Patch looks like it has fixed my stobe flickering for now. Will obviously have to do more testing. *knocks on the wood*

What I did was:

Local Reflection Quality - Set this one to "Off" (this option may have not helped but still try)
Neutral Lighting - Set this one to "Yes" (because yes apparently turns it off)

Neutral lighting option came with this patch. It might have helped.
After you do all that, close the game and start it back up. Let me know the results!

EDIT: This seemed to have worked in "The Cavern" and in "Base Of Operations". Going out in the world i still see flickering. There's massive amounts of it still in DZ checkpoints.

EDIT 2: Im about to reinstall my Display Drivers. I will remove the crimson edition ones and revert all the way to Catalyst ones, version 15.x. Will let you know how it goes.

EDIT 3: While Crimson edition drivers still had major flickering within dark zone checkpoints and "dungeons", the Catalyst edition seem to get rid of that. For now, Catalyst edition with those optioms seems the best. Tho the nights seem way darker. Will update this post if something occurs.

Still not fix. In raid "Incursion" got a orange/white flickering. gg wp i want my money back

Abbsso
04-12-2016, 01:35 PM
For me flickering is alwalys there , sometime its low another place was high. Im boring of that , i have no fun to play this game now . :(

morturia
04-12-2016, 01:46 PM
Well Well Ubisoft Another patch and still no fix for this NOW Month old problem haven't been able to play
now for a month.

Clearly due to your lack of responsiveness or taking measures u clearly don't give a **** about your fans.
Well from now on i no longer give a **** about your company anymore.

As much as i dislike it love the titles principles come first new machine in 2 months but No more titles
from u anymore No more Farcry no More Assassins Creed no more nothing.

turbomong
04-12-2016, 02:37 PM
pitch forks ready boys time to go to town on these useless ****s

SlovenianHusky
04-12-2016, 02:47 PM
Still not fix. In raid "Incursion" got a orange/white flickering. gg wp i want my money back

Yep in the end nothing worked for me either. The problem was just delayed. I ended up in a worse position. The Nights were extremely dark and i still had the flickering. I just deleted the game. Now we wait until fix or evaluate our life choices.

mortelniko
04-12-2016, 05:40 PM
AMD HD 6970

Sory for my bat english. Option that making my eyes bleeding from flickerins is (TRANSLATE.GOOGLE.COM) background shading (фоновое затенение). if max - fluckering as hell. if off - 1% flicks
i have played 100hr with it.

Prodigy.SR8
04-12-2016, 06:03 PM
Blame AMD drivers + Ubisoft not carrying for those.

turbomong
04-12-2016, 06:10 PM
Blame AMD drivers + Ubisoft not carrying for those.

it has nothing to do with AMD, the game was fine up until patch 1.02 when ubisoft royally ****ed it right up.

Stig-Baasvik
04-12-2016, 06:30 PM
If anything 1.1 has made things 10 times worse. The game has gone from flickering to light at the end of the bastard tunnel, where I can't see ****. Slow clap for Noobisoft and the monkeys who coded this piece of ****!

Spike14812
04-12-2016, 07:38 PM
It seems to be even worse than before. Screen was full white within 5 minutes of going into the Base Of Operations.

Only bright side is that the patch has had all it's content finished already so we're not missing out on too much. Here's hoping it'll be playable by the 1st DLC

turbomong
04-12-2016, 07:43 PM
wonder how many weeks we have to wait before another incompetent spastic replies with a thoroughly useless answer

Stig-Baasvik
04-12-2016, 08:43 PM
Managed to roll back to 15.12 (a nightmare in itself!!) and run the game but I've been falling through the map more often than I would like to. Seems very very buggy.

SlovenianHusky
04-12-2016, 08:49 PM
Managed to roll back to 15.12 (a nightmare in itself!!) and run the game but I've been falling through the map more often than I would like to. Seems very very buggy.

Do you think that falling through the map and flickering issues are connected? Because im falling through the map as well.

TorxSigma
04-12-2016, 08:50 PM
it is not fixed and game is not playable.

well my pc is old but it matches all required specs. so now its time to aks ubisoft to give me my money back, game preorder pc and season pass plz. And btw: they deleted my support ticket.

RockahoIic
04-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Cmon, new patch still dosnt fix problem. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! Still anyone create petition?

Wish you luck, they took all precaution to prevent that from happening.

Stig-Baasvik
04-12-2016, 09:56 PM
Do you think that falling through the map and flickering issues are connected? Because im falling through the map as well.

I think it's patch related because I rolled back to 15.12 before the update and I rarely fell through the map.

Frost1k991
04-12-2016, 11:03 PM
Дауны из юбисофта. Не могут пофиксить проблему еще с беты. Вернуть деньги >

Cunn3dstunt
04-13-2016, 01:49 AM
How is this still happening and no word yet from Ubisoft. The new patch did not fix this issue. My screen constantly flashes lights and flickers. Occasionally the light flashes so brightly that I can barely see my character let alone the walls.

At the very least can you give us an option to turn off all the flickering lights?
I know you warn me about being epileptic before the game but please I don't need so many flickering lights. Fix this

Dhuum.
04-13-2016, 08:44 AM
THX for NO FIX and atm game for me is unplayable!

BEFORE patch 70% lights was ok, now 10% ;s

Strobe everything, everywhere! RATS too! This is most stupid "fix" in this game..geezzzz :mad:

SlovenianHusky
04-13-2016, 09:51 AM
How is this still happening and no word yet from Ubisoft. The new patch did not fix this issue. My screen constantly flashes lights and flickers. Occasionally the light flashes so brightly that I can barely see my character let alone the walls.

At the very least can you give us an option to turn off all the flickering lights?
I know you warn me about being epileptic before the game but please I don't need so many flickering lights. Fix this

That warning is the same for all of the Ubisoft games. Its a copy paste. They always put it at the start to get away with legal problems.

turbomong
04-13-2016, 05:04 PM
still no response from ubisoft, 2nd most active thread on the forum and they cant even be arsed

h3llwood
04-13-2016, 08:51 PM
Add me to the list. I just got my new R9 380 4g to go with my other R9 380 4g to crossfire. I get the flickering and blurry video now and cannot play the game.

Hopefully this is fixed quick (yea right).

MooseyMooz-VX9-
04-14-2016, 12:16 AM
AMD FX 9370
MSI R9 390
MSI 990FXA Gaming AMD 990FX AM3+ USB 3.1 Motherboard

Everything is fully updated, and I have the strobe issue as well.

Ukkone..
04-14-2016, 06:25 AM
Still nothing ? Ubi support went silent after the one help guide that didn't help. Wonder if the problem is at ubi's or amd's end? Nvidia users have this problem too...

Ordiur
04-14-2016, 01:09 PM
Let's face it guys, this problem will never be solved.
They already have our money, they don't care if the game works or not.
Sadly this is the state of gaming nowadays. Your game doesn't have to be functional, it just has to appear to be.

Tick184
04-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Is that a ****ing joke Ubisoft, I got this in my e-mail box 24 hours past:
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2016/15/1460643275-sans-titre.png
Translation: "You have difficulties with your game or you need help ? Please visit our site http://support.ubi.com to see our FAQs or to contact our support team."
Other translation: "Hey mate, we are listening to our customers, look how nice we are!"

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This is freakin' ridiculous. You're doing false ads about caring of your customers, but in fact you don't give a ****.
37 PAGES, 37, FU**ING, PAGES AND YOU STILL DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN F*** ABOUT IT. Yeah, nice support, love your company (that's sarcastic of cause).

RieXan
04-15-2016, 04:37 AM
GPU: HD 5870
CPU: FX 8350
RAM: 8 GB

The fps at the low settings are good, but the flickering graphic bug is horrible.

turbomong
04-15-2016, 06:15 PM
( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮here's some customer service for ya ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

SlovenianHusky
04-15-2016, 06:25 PM
There's a survey roaming around on emails. Please answer some of it so you can tell them about this issue. I completed the two additional parts to the survey just so I could mention the issue a bit more.

Jon041065
04-15-2016, 10:28 PM
I've been having this issue as well. I have a HD 6950 and knew I would only be able to play the game on low graphic settings and had the strobe light effect just in the BOO and safe houses at launch. Only a couple of times was it bad enough that I had to reset my game. This is why I do not think it's fair to be told to just "get a new graphics card". The game worked with my card before the 1.0.2 patch.

Massive, as others have stated, please give your players the option to disable the lighting changes made in the 1.0.2 patch namely the "Fixed a few lights that did not cast global illumination". Tired of having to tell people I'm in a group with that I need to restart the game/my computer because I'm unable to see.

Ukkone..
04-16-2016, 07:59 AM
So Facebook's ubi support said this:
Typically, AMD's Crossfire isn't officially supported and we'll recommend to use a single GPU instead, but it depends on the game you're playing. If you're on The Division, only NVIDIA's SLI is officially supported for duel GPU setups.

I don't have any information if they're working towards that or not sadly. We've typically partnered with NVIDIA, but we have supported AMD features on other titles in the past so I can't exclude it completely.

Mrazilla
04-16-2016, 08:43 AM
after the patch found a solution: delete the folder with the game settings> enter the game> "settings decrease to the minimum"> game. (Usually this is enough - if not strong flickering "in the dash to the operating base" that is relatively comfortable to play (2-3 hours)).
though it is rather an individual decision ...

I am sorry for my bad english...

TRS.SilencE
04-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Tried resetting the settings completely but it didn't do a thing for me, low/medium/high/ultra all show the same issues.
I'm at the point where i am editing the settings myself. However since there's no good explanation in the settings themselves it's all trial and error.

I have crossfire and disabled it, and the thing that amazes me the most is that in the beta the game ran fine!!!! hardly any flickering whatsoever.

SlovenianHusky
04-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Tried resetting the settings completely but it didn't do a thing for me, low/medium/high/ultra all show the same issues.
I'm at the point where i am editing the settings myself. However since there's no good explanation in the settings themselves it's all trial and error.

I have crossfire and disabled it, and the thing that amazes me the most is that in the beta the game ran fine!!!! hardly any flickering whatsoever.

Mostly fine. It was just some corners that had it and very minor one as well so it was easly overlooked. But that problem is from beta and its just getting worse each patch!

Dhuum.
04-16-2016, 12:07 PM
I want play at day in game :(
ATM i can play only at night ....:(

Abbsso
04-16-2016, 06:47 PM
They always talk about crossfire , i dopnt use crossfire and i have the problem here , i dont think its crossfire the problem . You know what , i think they dont knows what the problem his . I use a AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series .

konmarin
04-16-2016, 10:12 PM
We partnered nvidia because our lazzy developers they want code at the dish and they using a black box named gimpworks that we don't know how to fix it ...Now go and tell nvidia to fix your entire game.Ha ha ha what ironic to tell nvidia to fix amd problems... alot of fun...!!!

RieXan
04-16-2016, 10:24 PM
They always talk about crossfire , i dopnt use crossfire and i have the problem here , i dont think its crossfire the problem . You know what , i think they dont knows what the problem his . I use a AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series .

I have the same problem. I donīt use crossfire. Only a single HD 5870 and the graphic bug is everytime present. :(

RockahoIic
04-17-2016, 08:49 AM

Agree. Blaming it on crossfire and didn't bother to fix it, is extremely lazy and arrogant excuses.
Even if partnered with Nvidia and Gimpworks it is still ubisoft's duty to make sure that it should run at least playable level and all current hardware.
Sorry ubisoft I'm not buying a Nvidia just to play your game, all it does it makes consumer pissed at ubisoft's shady tactics and deter from anyone purchasing ubisoft's game.
ubisoft should get out of the arrogant bubble and do their job instead.

RockahoIic
04-17-2016, 08:59 AM
THX for NO FIX and atm game for me is unplayable!

BEFORE patch 70% lights was ok, now 10% ;s

Strobe everything, everywhere! RATS too! This is most stupid "fix" in this game..geezzzz :mad:

It working as intended, making impossible for AMD GPU owners to play the game.
Forcing to users to purchase Nivida to have enjoyable smooth experience

Dhuum.
04-17-2016, 10:16 AM
I feel like a vampire... :cool:
At night leaving the hideout :rolleyes:

Placebo_PRS
04-17-2016, 12:59 PM
So Facebook's ubi support said this:
Typically, AMD's Crossfire isn't officially supported and we'll recommend to use a single GPU instead, but it depends on the game you're playing. If you're on The Division, only NVIDIA's SLI is officially supported for duel GPU setups.

I don't have any information if they're working towards that or not sadly. We've typically partnered with NVIDIA, but we have supported AMD features on other titles in the past so I can't exclude it completely.

So SLI is officially supported yet SLI is completely broken in the game? Get higher FPS with a single card and it's very smooth, unlike SLI.

Ukkone..
04-17-2016, 01:35 PM
Seems so, i didn't know much about sli's situation so i didn't ask about it then. This is just sad, they patch it often when theres some exploit but when it comes to actually playing the game they ignore it. It seems this is the last ubi game i buy, if i buy it will be in serious discount months and months after release.

Placebo_PRS
04-17-2016, 03:27 PM
they patch it often when theres some exploit

Exactly, hotfix to stop people destroying the APC with small arms fire etc, who gives a fcuk about that when they can't even use SLI/Crossfire that they spent the lot of money to have in their system?

turbomong
04-18-2016, 06:11 AM
C u s t o m e r s e r v i c e b o y s

Abbsso
04-19-2016, 03:20 AM
​bump!

Ordiur
04-19-2016, 03:43 PM
I find it funny that my AMD card can run Witcher 3 and Dark Souls 3 just fine while this game is pretty much unplayable besides at ingame night.

X1m0X
04-19-2016, 05:20 PM
Anyhow UBI support, very unprofessionally, did not specify that AMD was not included when stating "multi gpu support" just before release. besides SLI doesn't work either. Nice job there. I dont know whos worse, UBI or AMD.

Weatherbee_A
04-19-2016, 09:21 PM
Power down there AMD fanboys, It is a new game engine. I believe that both AMD crossfire and Nvidia SLI, are having frame pacing issues making the game either a stuttering mess or flickering seizure inducing mess. (AMD & Nvidia are working on it It is probably due to this game using a new engine give it time) i have nvidia and currently my SLI is not usable either due to frame pacing issues resulting in strange lag and stutter even when my fps is into the 120+ range.

Mrazilla
04-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Power down there AMD fanboys, It is a new game engine. I believe that both AMD crossfire and Nvidia SLI, are having frame pacing issues making the game either a stuttering mess or flickering seizure inducing mess. (AMD & Nvidia are working on it It is probably due to this game using a new engine give it time) i have nvidia and currently my SLI is not usable either due to frame pacing issues resulting in strange lag and stutter even when my fps is into the 120+ range.
with CF and SLI have problems in many games at the start, but here came mainly owners of single GPU 5xxx and 6xxx series. these cards game works is relatively stable, but there is currently a bug. (which the developers simply do not notice or know but do not try to fix it ...)

turbomong
04-20-2016, 01:01 AM

its not directly related to Crossfire you utter spastic

Spike14812
04-20-2016, 01:05 AM

If you read through this thread at all you'd see it only started with patch 1.0.2 and not just with crossfire/sli, which points to ubisoft ****ing it up from patch to patch

Cpt.MegaDrive
04-20-2016, 03:12 AM
Thanks ubi.it was worth buying this game.
Nah...
http://imgur.com/a/4QDzQ

http://i.imgur.com/h6UmEoJ.jpg

Dhuum.
04-20-2016, 01:01 PM
Not UBI! MASSIVE
Welcome in Radeon sh....y family xD

Ukkone..
04-20-2016, 08:31 PM
Well atleast you see ground there, i usually just see the UI if i use crossfire...

turbomong
04-21-2016, 11:18 AM
2 ubisoft employees walk into a bar

konmarin
04-21-2016, 05:52 PM
I own 3 rigs with gtx 470-hd5870-gtx 750 ti only in radeon bellow system requirements we have problems...OR MAKE IT TO WORK TO ALL BELLOW SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS OR TO NO ONE IS THAT SIMPLE!!! F@CK YOUR LAZY DEVELOPERS AND NVIDIA WITH LOVE FROM GAMERS...!!!

konmarin
04-21-2016, 11:33 PM
Download the billow link and install it on your system

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player.exe

for 2 out of 5 of my friends it makes it playable... i don't know why but it works...
if works for some of you let me know your graphics card

Hephaestus84
04-22-2016, 04:48 PM
Got some interesting information for everyone, least I think it is. All these screen flickering and whiting out issues that everyone's having didn't occur at all, even the slightest bit, today while I played on my laptop. Funny thing is my laptop has an I7 processor and a 4000 series mobile radeon video card. I find it highly suspect that The Division ran fine, other than really crap framerate, on a older than dirt videocard but won't run reliably on the newer cards after the 1.0.2 patch.

Ukkone..
04-22-2016, 05:25 PM
Download the billow link and install it on your system

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player.exe

for 2 out of 5 of my friends it makes it playable... i don't know why but it works...
if works for some of you let me know your graphics card
Ookay what's that? Sorry but seems suspicious.

konmarin
04-22-2016, 11:03 PM
Ookay what's that? Sorry but seems suspicious.

here is the anwer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSamEpfYO0

konmarin
04-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Got some interesting information for everyone, least I think it is. All these screen flickering and whiting out issues that everyone's having didn't occur at all, even the slightest bit, today while I played on my laptop. Funny thing is my laptop has an I7 processor and a 4000 series mobile radeon video card. I find it highly suspect that The Division ran fine, other than really crap framerate, on a older than dirt videocard but won't run reliably on the newer cards after the 1.0.2 patch.

this happens to 5xxx and 6xxxx radeon series realy interesting...

SlovenianHusky
04-23-2016, 12:30 AM
here is the anwer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSamEpfYO0

I find it extremely unlikely that adding flash libraries would fix the issue with a game that doesn't use flash?

konmarin
04-23-2016, 07:13 AM
I find it extremely unlikely that adding flash libraries would fix the issue with a game that doesn't use flash?

don't forget that is made with gimpworks which is a black box i don't know what they are using and don't forget that they like to gimp their products also...

Ukkone..
04-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Well that didn't help.

turbomong
04-23-2016, 11:29 AM
dont hold back lads they literally do not check the forums, bunch of useless ****s

Hephaestus84
04-23-2016, 08:45 PM
Well here's me chiming in again. I tried updating the flash player and at least for my game it seems to be more stable now.
I still have minor flickering but the major strobing, disco colors, and whiting out the screen seems to have stopped for now.
I also noticed when updating my flash player that adobe states that some programs/games use their flash library. Now I don't
know if that means games other than flash games but I'm willing to hedge my bet and say it can't hurt to update them.

Abbsso
04-25-2016, 11:40 AM
​bump.

RemcoINC
04-26-2016, 10:24 AM
Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.4.2 Highlights

Resolved Issues

The Division may experience flickering in AMD Crossfire technology mode.

So it looks like the crossfire problem is fixed. I didn't test it.

RieXan
04-26-2016, 10:34 AM
The 16.4.2 update will not come out for the R5 235X, R5 230, R5 220, HD 8470, HD 8350, HD 8000 (D/G variants)​, HD 7000 – HD 7600, HD 6000, and HD 5000 Series.

Ukkone..
04-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Flicker is gone, but stutter is real. But im glad that flickering is gone, stutter i can deal with. Scaling is not THAT great some say that they get worse fps with CF.

SlovenianHusky
04-27-2016, 10:12 PM
Flicker is gone, but stutter is real. But im glad that flickering is gone, stutter i can deal with. Scaling is not THAT great some say that they get worse fps with CF.

How did you get rid of flickering?

RieXan
04-28-2016, 01:29 PM
He has installed the new AMD driver (16.4.2)

Ukkone..
04-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Yep 16.4.2 AMD driver update.

SlovenianHusky
04-28-2016, 06:25 PM
Yep 16.4.2 AMD driver update.

Do you have Crossfire or just a singluar card?

Dhuum.
04-28-2016, 06:50 PM
New drivers LOL!
Bullsh.. still strobing in BoO, still stobing on streets. Can play ONLY at night!!!!

RieXan
04-28-2016, 09:28 PM
New drivers LOL!
Bullsh.. still strobing in BoO, still stobing on streets. Can play ONLY at night!!!!

Which graphic card do you have?

Ukkone..
04-29-2016, 02:53 PM
R9 295x2 so crossfire card.

RecklessGhost.
04-29-2016, 09:37 PM
just so everyone is aware- for people using cards that are in the 5XXX and 6XXX series do not get your hopes up as these cards have been put into legacy Drivers and the newest driver you are able to use I believe i a 15.X.X driver.(You may still use newer versions of the AMD Raptr app but the video drivers will not upgrade any further)

RockahoIic
04-30-2016, 05:09 AM
just so everyone is aware- for people using cards that are in the 5XXX and 6XXX series do not get your hopes up as these cards have been put into legacy Drivers and the newest driver you are able to use I believe i a 15.X.X driver.(You may still use newer versions of the AMD Raptr app but the video drivers will not upgrade any further)

In Guru3D forums there used to have AMD driver modders who modded new drivers to work with older GPUs, but sadly those modder got temporary banned by a egoistic forum moderator for getting into heat argument with Nvidia trolling fanboys as the moderator is on Nivida side. And when the modder have a dispute with moderator for wrongfully banning them, they got permanently banned instead.
I too got banned for the same reasons and I bios modder who help modding from R9 290x to R9 390x.
Now all it left of the forum is leaked untested AMD drivers from Guru3D staffs.

Abbsso
05-03-2016, 03:33 AM
bump!

Abbsso
05-04-2016, 07:54 PM
No one have a solution for series cards 5xxxHd , they made no driver for us and the problem persist since 2month now.My eyes bleeds pls help me !

SlovenianHusky
05-05-2016, 09:59 PM
No one have a solution for series cards 5xxxHd , they made no driver for us and the problem persist since 2month now.My eyes bleeds pls help me !

6xxx series here, this is the reason i stopped playing the game. Literally unplayable.

evilewok35
05-06-2016, 10:03 AM
This is a joke Ubi. I have a 6970 gfx and it's now unplayable. Your company will not see another dollar from me - and I was so looking forward to GR: Wildlands too. Your lack of communication and disrespect for your consumer base is laughable. I will be requesting a full refund for this product as it no longer resembles the original product I paid for.

I truly feel bad for all AMD owners out there that have purchased this turd of a product.

milkit11
05-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Come on Ubisoft, how about a response on this issue.

pleyMOEH-
05-09-2016, 12:29 AM
43 pages topic and the problem hasn't been resolved yet...

Still, they got our $$$$$ that's all that matters

Abbsso
05-11-2016, 12:35 AM
bump.

Lathomere
05-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Location in game: Indoors and Out where significant white colors are prevailant and set to High or Ultra settings
Version of GPU drivers before updating:16.150.2401.1002
Number of GPUS:1
GPU model: AMD R9 295
Image/video of graphical issue:

Cunn3dstunt
05-12-2016, 02:09 AM
Same here.

TorxSigma
05-16-2016, 11:01 AM
bump, still unplayable

SlovenianHusky
05-18-2016, 08:13 AM
Bump. The only way 1.3 patch gets me back is if they include fix for this.

Cunn3dstunt
05-19-2016, 12:40 AM
I also would like to play this game, but I am not willing to give myself a seizure just to attempt it.

Please fix this

SlovenianHusky
05-20-2016, 03:30 PM
Yep basically that!

Eizenhart
05-20-2016, 09:02 PM
It's the latest AMD driver, just roll back one version, had the same problem until an hour ago. A lot complains on the ATI forum and this is the solution if you don't play DOOM and you need the fix for the game FPS.

SlovenianHusky
05-20-2016, 10:05 PM
It's the latest AMD driver, just roll back one version, had the same problem until an hour ago. A lot complains on the ATI forum and this is the solution if you don't play DOOM and you need the fix for the game FPS.

No it is not. This problem has been there since the Division Beta. There's been many different drivers since so it is definetly not the new drivers.

JMH714
05-21-2016, 02:57 AM
I just came back playing it and the light/strobe was completely blind and couldn't see anyone except for red arrow that tells where enemy is...

I heard that if we have NVIDIA card, the problem will go away. I'm not going to shell $200+ to fix that issue.

Please fix it.

JMH714
05-21-2016, 04:04 PM
To fix the bright strobe lighting temporarily - reboot your PC. It would stop the bright light, but it will come back a bit later.

When I was on take leader down mission in car parking lot near boxing gym and the bright light blinded me - I mean completely blind. I've tried to quit Division and come back, the problem still there. But when I rebooted the PC and went back there. The light disappeared.

However, the strobe still come back in other places.

I have been reading many different discussion across Reddit, Steam forum, etc... and it seem that the blame is on old AMD video card such as HD6000 series or older. The game requirement is HD7000 series and newer. I have seen someone with R2 290x2 had the issue but the crossfire may be also blamed.

That's sucks. :(

SlovenianHusky
05-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Nothing mentioned about this issue in the patch notes for tomorrow's patch. It might be a ninja fix but at this point im doubting it. Will report back tomorrow.

ID4rKNiGhT
05-24-2016, 01:30 PM
So, any news?

SlovenianHusky
05-24-2016, 03:44 PM
So, any news?

Personally, I have not had the chance to play yet. My character disappeared after today's patch and I dont wanna play while Massive is fixing things on accounts that have been affefcted by this.

Maybe anyone else knows sometihng?

IamrealT0NY
05-24-2016, 05:57 PM
You still cant play this game after 3 month. ;) ;) ;) Cool patch Ubisoft :)

SlovenianHusky
05-25-2016, 03:11 PM
You still cant play this game after 3 month. ;) ;) ;) Cool patch Ubisoft :)

The last maintence got my character back. I tested it and the issue persists. Let the thread CONTINUE! :)

RecklessGhost.
05-25-2016, 04:12 PM
Keep up the great work uBisoft.

Continue to make games targeting your component providers, instead of targeting your actual consumer base :) You sure know how to service the community!

Just in case you are blind/oblivious to the issue I will put it into perspective for you; (Even though the shear volume of views for this topic that is vastly larger than any "Important/Sticky" thread any mod has created should have been a dead give-away:confused:)

Essentially what you have just done is the equivalent of a government paving a highway in your area and then creating a by-law for the following vehicle requirements.
-4 Tires
-Year 2000+
-Left hand Drive

And then once the road is paved the new requirements are as follows
-4 Tires +1 spare
-Year 2000+
-Only Nissan and Toyota vehicles can drive on this highway now
We don't care if this is literally the only access you have to your work I guess you are SOL and need to find another job or buy another car.

Now we will let that sink in and maybe there will be a hotfix - I highly doubt it but hey - This made it to production so I guess anything's possible!!
:rolleyes:

/Rant

Stig-Baasvik
05-25-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm not getting the flickering but 1.2 has made performance tank. Game barely runs so it's laughable really

Magowin
05-25-2016, 09:11 PM
I got this issue last night after patch and even disabling SLI didn't fix it I had to physically pull out my second card to fix this and since I play in 4k I get a huge performance hit doing that. Please fix as soon as possible.

mightpyro
05-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Sometimes the flashing gets so bad that the lights explode and all I get is a white screen.

SlovenianHusky
05-28-2016, 12:25 AM
Sometimes the flashing gets so bad that the lights explode and all I get is a white screen.

Yeah, I feel you man: /

http://i.imgur.com/07ONFqB.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/pmEfcOZ.jpg

r4incs
05-31-2016, 01:49 PM
OK, from what I have read on this issue, it really seems global illumination in Division is bugged on older AMD cards. Since they are not supported by AMD anymore, I am going to propose to implement an option that allows to turn off GI in game altogether into Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Probably the only way how to get this game playable on Radeon 6XXX cards.

SlovenianHusky
06-05-2016, 06:50 PM
OK, from what I have read on this issue, it really seems global illumination in Division is bugged on older AMD cards. Since they are not supported by AMD anymore, I am going to propose to implement an option that allows to turn off GI in game altogether into Suggestions & Feedback forum.

Im not sure how hard would that be to implement, depends on the engine i guess.

SlovenianHusky
06-27-2016, 03:22 PM
Holding "F" to revive the thread.

Ukkone..
06-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Holy- the little time i could play this game with map bug and now i cant join the STUTTERING was really bad for me and some textures were too bright,,,

Small.Arms.Fire
06-28-2016, 04:48 PM

No, the actual problem is SLI/Crossfire support in this game.
I'm running dual Fury X here and crossfire does not work. Crossfire enabled my FPS is great, but the flashing is unbearable.
The only crossfire profile AMD put out provides negative scaling and increases stutter/imput lag.

Best option is to turn down crossfire manually. Not sure how that works on that works on dual GPU cards but it's the best option. I do feel your pain tho OP, the 6970 alone probably won't deliver great FPS in the division on it's own.`

As to whose fault this is, I don't know, could be either your card manufacturer or ubi/massive.

tldr; flickering is a crossfire/sli problem, disable 1 card manually is the best solution atm.

SlovenianHusky
06-28-2016, 06:12 PM
No, the actual problem is SLI/Crossfire support in this game.
I'm running dual Fury X here and crossfire does not work. Crossfire enabled my FPS is great, but the flashing is unbearable.
The only crossfire profile AMD put out provides negative scaling and increases stutter/imput lag.

Best option is to turn down crossfire manually. Not sure how that works on that works on dual GPU cards but it's the best option. I do feel your pain tho OP, the 6970 alone probably won't deliver great FPS in the division on it's own.`

As to whose fault this is, I don't know, could be either your card manufacturer or ubi/massive.

tldr; flickering is a crossfire/sli problem, disable 1 card manually is the best solution atm.

Well not really. I was playing the new DLC, Underground, on my HD6950. Basically vanilla game (free world and base of operations) flashes the lights heavily for me. while the new content (the actual underground missions and the TOC) DO NOT FLASH LIGHTS FOR ME AT ALL. The new DLC works perfectly! This proves its not in my hardware?

Small.Arms.Fire
06-28-2016, 06:53 PM
Yes, there are flickering effects on single cards aswell. But I watched most people in this thread say they have dual cards or dual GPU cards and they all share the same problem. Crossfire and Sli.

JMH714
07-02-2016, 02:16 AM
Well not really. I was playing the new DLC, Underground, on my HD6950. Basically vanilla game (free world and base of operations) flashes the lights heavily for me. while the new content (the actual underground missions and the TOC) DO NOT FLASH LIGHTS FOR ME AT ALL. The new DLC works perfectly! This proves its not in my hardware?

Seems that bright strobe, full screen whiteout, and red/yellow texture were the issue I'm having past two days. It's lot worse than it was before DLC. I got fed up and ordered a NiVida card today (GTX 980Ti). This better be fixed.

Oh, by the way, my current card is HD6790.

RecklessGhost.
07-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Aww man- Why did you go and do THAT! That is exactly what they want you to do...

SlovenianHusky
07-03-2016, 06:52 PM
Aww man- Why did you go and do THAT! That is exactly what they want you to do...

Its one of the worst "advertising" schemes but apparently it still works...

Ubi-gabelikes
09-21-2016, 10:48 AM
Hey, bumping is not allowed.

Please post the relevant information to the following thread and describe the issue you are having.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1497245-Performance-Issues

/gabelikes

mightpyro
09-26-2016, 07:58 PM

Please post the relevant information to the following thread and describe the issue you are having.

/gabelikes

That thread has nothing to do with the issue that this thread is about. The flickering isn't affecting the games performance just our ability to play the game.

Anyone with this issue tried the PTS to see if Ubisoft even bothered to try and fix this problem?

panini_ozolives
09-26-2016, 08:30 PM
Ho, I didn't know there was a thread about this issue (which is on HD 5000 and 6000 series, ie. pre-GCN). I've opened a ticket to support about this a few weeks ago, to provide Massive devts with some gpu captures (ID #03577583).

Cheavin
09-27-2016, 06:59 AM

/gabelikes

That forum has nothing to do with the light flickering as stated by another user, its pathetic that nothing is being done about this

J0risD
10-19-2016, 11:46 PM
Hi,

i have the same problem described as many people on a single HD 6950 AMD gpu.

I'm running the latest supported amd driver for this card: 16.2.1 Crimson

Does anyone know if this problem will be fixed in patch 1.4 ?

Thx!

Ubi-gabelikes
10-20-2016, 10:04 AM
Hey, if you haven't already please post your information in this thread and describe your issue.

It helps us gather information on hardware that may be causing issues with the game. If you haven't already, try fully removing your GPU drivers (in safe mode) and then reinstalling.

/gabelikes

Spike14812
11-27-2016, 04:24 PM
Tried playing again after being forced to stop about 7-8 months ago due to this issue. Still isn't fixed after all this time, crazy -_-

snugglebishh
12-29-2016, 12:01 AM
So anyone with a graphics card that is equivalent to a Radeon 6990 or lower is likely having the issue of the ENTIRE map flickering hundreds of times a second. I saw this in the beta and thought "surely something this hilariously bad will be fixed by launch." Nope, the game is still unplayable to a significant number of people because of this.
If you want, here's a video of the bug in action in the beta, which is still unchanged in the full version. After a massive launch-day patch. https://youtu.be/oe4fwOtgwuU

Note: This is present literally in the very first FRAME of gameplay, and continuously throughout the tutorial which I couldn't even get through without getting a splitting headache.

i recently got this game on the ps4 pro and i am having the same problem! has thier been any solutions to the problem?