PDA

View Full Version : PC Can't install/download game (Physical copy)

cptsnooze
03-08-2016, 06:03 AM
I've just picked up the retail copy of The Division for PC and when I tried to install the game from the discs Uplay come up with a message saying that it "Failed to start download" and that "Uplay is unable to start your download. Check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive then try again".
Firstly, I have at least fives times the required hard drive space available on the drive I'm trying to install the game to. Secondly, my internet connection is perfectly fine and even then that shouldn't matter when I'm installing from physical discs. The only exception being of verification/authentication of the product and whatever day one patching the game needs to work.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. I had the same problem when I was trying to install and play in the beta for the game.

Please help me get this to work so I can install the game and actually play the game that I paid for.

Goldstar2040
03-08-2016, 06:09 AM
I've just picked up the retail copy of The Division for PC and when I tried to install the game from the discs Uplay come up with a message saying that it "Failed to start download" and that "Uplay is unable to start your download. Check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive then try again".
Firstly, I have at least fives times the required hard drive space available on the drive I'm trying to install the game to. Secondly, my internet connection is perfectly fine and even then that shouldn't matter when I'm installing from physical discs. The only exception being of verification/authentication of the product and whatever day one patching the game needs to work.

This isn't the first time this has happened either. I had the same problem when I was trying to install and play in the beta for the game.

Please help me get this to work so I can install the game and actually play the game that I paid for.

same issue at me . what the hell happend are the server of ubisoft crashed????

i could download the last 4 GB and then before im finaly done uplay say the same , i try to connect with the internet or sure be enough space ?? what the hell?

HurtyNoob
03-08-2016, 06:12 AM
same problem here but my copy is digital, d/l seems to be stuck at 28 gigs i've got over a terabyte of space in the drive its installing to....

Goldstar2040
03-08-2016, 06:19 AM
i got a digital version too, but i have another problem now it looks i have all download but i got after start the game a black scrreen i hear how build the ubisoft logo but see nothing only black screen

I Got

I5 4440 3.1 GHz
24 GB DDR3 G Skill RAM
Geforce 660

500GB SSD Samsung

all up-to-date

ezils89
03-08-2016, 03:44 PM
yeah same thing for me... Can't download last bits from latest patch. Uplay wont allow me.

ezils89
03-08-2016, 04:07 PM
EDIT.

Okay guys I've reinstalled uPlay and it works now! I can finish downloading the latest patch. Weird....

cptsnooze
03-12-2016, 05:16 AM
Can anyone else confirm that this will actually work for INSTALLING the game.

It's been a few days now and there doesn't seem to be anything done to fix this. I still can't install it from the disc or by downloading through Uplay