PDA

View Full Version : Input Lag / Sluggish Camera/Aim - Do you have it?

P4NCH0theD0G
03-08-2016, 05:24 AM
If you have the game already (mine's in the mail, yay :( ), please let me/us know if you experience any input lag on the PS4, most notably when trying to aim.
Input lag in this instance as a delay between moving the right stick to move the camera and the camera on your screen actually moving.
It might also represent as sluggish camera movement or the feeling that your aim seems off, and you seem to overshoot enemies when trying to aim at them.
Or you might feel like you had to get used to the aiming before you could do it consistently.

Also, if you experienced the input lag in one of the Betas, and now see a difference, that'd be nice to know, too.

Thanks.

RecklessOnion_
03-08-2016, 02:49 PM
If you have the game already (mine's in the mail, yay :( ), please let me/us know if you experience any input lag on the PS4, most notably when trying to aim.
Input lag in this instance as a delay between moving the right stick to move the camera and the camera on your screen actually moving.
It might also represent as sluggish camera movement or the feeling that your aim seems off, and you seem to overshoot enemies when trying to aim at them.
Or you might feel like you had to get used to the aiming before you could do it consistently.

Also, if you experienced the input lag in one of the Betas, and now see a difference, that'd be nice to know, too.

Thanks.

Still huge amounts of input lag sadly. i'm pretty dissapointed

Ubi-Houck
03-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Still huge amounts of input lag sadly. i'm pretty dissapointed

I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried some of our connectivity troubleshooting steps in the link below?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1402024-Connectivity-errors-look-here-first

Thanks

RecklessOnion_
03-08-2016, 04:17 PM
I am sorry to hear this. Have you tried some of our connectivity troubleshooting steps in the link below?

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1402024-Connectivity-errors-look-here-first

Thanks

Please read up on what input lag actually is before replying

MurtuM
03-11-2016, 12:11 AM
Yes, there is still terrible input lag, on the ps4 at least :(

slothstronaut101
03-11-2016, 01:41 AM
Yep, it's definitely still there on the PS4. Borderline unplayable.

P4NCH0theD0G
03-11-2016, 08:00 AM
After playing for a while now (I decided to open it and just try), here are a few of my results:

1. To me, the input lag seems noticeably LESS than in the Betas. I cannot say, why this seems to be the case, but it is.
It's still there, but not as strong or noticeable.
I set my Camera and Aim Sensitivity to 50%, but that did not seem to make any noticeable difference regarding the delay between input and on-screen reaction.
I did disable HDCP in my PS4 settings before playing, but did not yet have a chance to test if that was a factor. I also set the controller light bar to "dim".

2. Curiously enough, it controls BETTER for me, when I use the Vita via Remote Play as the controller for the TV.
On the Vita screen it feels as it does on the TV with the controller, but using the Vita as a Controller feels more responsive.
This might be due to the smaller sticks and their radius (basically higher sensitivity), or it might mean that the problem is something of a dead zone issue, as having a bigger deadzone on the controller sticks than some people (me included) are used to.

3. Playing around with the visuals and audio settings (chromatic aberration, Edge Enhancement, Controller Speaker Audio) did NOT have any effect whatsoever.

4. Input lag seems to be a lot more severe, though, on the MAP SCREEN. Especially navigating with the left stick has a noticeable delay between action and on-screen reaction. This might be a design choice, though.

All in all I can play it. I'm not happy with the input lag, and I will probably have a hard time re-adjusting to more responsive games, but at least it's playable for me.
(All of this is subjective and therefore not denying or refuting anyone else's experiences).

SnipeKnives
03-11-2016, 11:04 AM

Thanks.

I got it too. I dont like it. If the controls are good i would enjoy playing the game.

Now it's Just slow and im thinking to sell the game. Cant enjoy it like this

x_cLOUDDEAD_x
03-15-2016, 09:45 PM

Thanks

Oh my God...

*slaps own forehead*