PDA

View Full Version : PC Russian language / no english

mouse_romania
03-08-2016, 01:53 AM
Hello
I preordered the game from russia Tom Clancy's The Division - Digital Gold Edition and i don`t have English, is only rusian language.
Had been confirmed on the forums by Community Manager Ubisoft: Natchai_Ubisoft that the game will have English too.
If i knew that will be no english i had canceled the preorder.

link with confirmation
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1376373-Region-Lock-Language-lock

01-27-2016, 11:15 AM #6
Community Manager Ubisoft
Natchai_Ubisoft's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2014
Confirmed info: the Russian version will have several languages available depending on the platform, but English will always be part of it as well

what do i do now ?

DeaIman
03-08-2016, 02:06 AM
He said he can't confirm it, not that he can. He also said that previous games only had a Russian language not Russian and English.

If you buy the game from a Russian seller, it's very likely to be regionally locked - meaning much like the problems you mentioned; it won't support other languages. Russian games are usually sold much cheaper than elsewhere in the world and as such publishers usually try and limit those sales to that region only.

Otherwise everyone would just buy the games from a Russian retailer and they would make less profit.

So in short, buy the games from either a local or a verified European retailer instead of a Russian one.

mouse_romania
03-08-2016, 07:33 AM
i corected withe good information, sorry about that

01-27-2016, 11:15 AM #6
Community Manager Ubisoft
Natchai_Ubisoft's Avatar Join Date
Jul 2014
Confirmed info: the Russian version will have several languages available depending on the platform, but English will always be part of it as well

WookieRS
03-08-2016, 08:46 AM
I have opposite problem. I have few languages including english, but no russian :(

ps: got game with nvidia new card.

cp.mobile
03-08-2016, 08:54 AM
I've also bough the game with Russian and English available as language in the description. The game asked me if the game was to be installed/downloaded in Russian or English, but yet only I can only play it in Russian voice over or subtitles....

I though this game where ever you buy it had always English as an option, or at least a language pack to download.

Vuln1cura
03-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Same problem. I cant play with russian language. I gonna do refund. I bought this game in russia and i wanna play in russia. But with eng language!

Beteigeuzed
03-08-2016, 08:59 AM
And I wanna play it in atleast english not russia ..I cant even read the menu points ..I googled where to change the language but it wasnt possible to do that

aruler
03-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Hello
I preordered the game from russia Tom Clancy's The Division ™ - Digital Gold Edition and i don`t have English, is only rusian language.Are you from Romania?, why didn't you purchase the EU version?

mouse_romania
03-08-2016, 12:58 PM
Are you from Romania?, why didn't you purchase the EU version?

because i trusted the Community Manager Ubisoft, i will try to get refund

Necroenemy
03-08-2016, 01:05 PM
Hello, i have same problem.Hope Uplay support can unlock the game to Multi Language Version.

Beteigeuzed
03-08-2016, 01:06 PM
tell us if it worked pls

KaidzenMonada
03-08-2016, 01:11 PM
"I have opposite problem. I have few languages including english, but no russian"

Same problem here and not only me. There are a lot of them here and nobody is answering.
What an irresponsibility!

cp.mobile
03-08-2016, 09:56 PM
Ubisoft PR was pretty bad on the whole language pack/region lock thing. Their retailer and public representant said that even the Russian copy will have access to English as an option. And now peoples are stuck with World wide copy without the regional language of Uplay available, or (for the Russian version) 1 language that isn't English.

Hell, I would have even cope with English sub by disabling the Russian voice-over but they are not even giving us this option. This is a shamfull miss information that once again convey peoples to wait at least a week or two and not pre-order their game... And this game is the first and probably last game I own running on Uplay.

Peoples are giving Origin and GoG trash about their system, but at least I never experienced something as absurd as "you're not allowed to use English" on them.

edurodenas
03-09-2016, 12:47 AM
Ubisoft PR was pretty bad on the whole language pack/region lock thing. Their retailer and public representant said that even the Russian copy will have access to English as an option. And now peoples are stuck with World wide copy without the regional language of Uplay available, or (for the Russian version) 1 language that isn't English.

Hell, I would have even cope with English sub by disabling the Russian voice-over but they are not even giving us this option. This is a shamfull miss information that once again convey peoples to wait at least a week or two and not pre-order their game... And this game is the first and probably last game I own running on Uplay.

Peoples are giving Origin and GoG trash about their system, but at least I never experienced something as absurd as "you're not allowed to use English" on them.

The reason that Ubisoft doesn't let you change the language in the audio or subtitles is just to make sure that people outside Russia or CIS region don't buy the game using VPNs. It's kind of unfair to people from Russia and CIS region though, since they are stuck only with the Russian version of the game...

cp.mobile
03-09-2016, 06:58 AM
It doesn't change the fact that they misinformed both their customer and retailers by having English available in the product description. If they didn't want peoples to use the VPN trick, then they should have warned everyone that region lock copies would not have English available.

If while installing my game the only language available was "Russian" I would have been cautious and ask for a refund right away. Instead, they allowed me to activate my game, choose English as language during the download/installation. And then once the game was running I was caught pants down with a Russian only game. It's shady, misleading and setup in a way that even the most well informed user would have been fooled.

hallfrom8
03-09-2016, 07:58 AM
In truth, many predicted the English version of the game and only after CBT was reported that Russia will only be available for the Russian version of the game.
I understand that for Russia a separate price. I like not to Russia and bought more expensive than the price for the Russians, and I think that, given it could unlock the English (I'm on any play is in Russian).
Also faced with the problem of Russian-speaking people as live in evropepe.. A European price is higher than the Russian. Why not introduce the possibility for those wishing to use the Russian language? After all, many other languages they have available.

Division_NYPD
03-09-2016, 08:29 AM
i install RU version but in game lang. is ENG WHY ? if i install russian language

hallfrom8
03-09-2016, 09:45 AM
i install RU version but in game lang. is ENG WHY ? if i install russian language

Проверьте настройки в игре. Там по моему есть отдельные опции языка.

Division_NYPD
03-09-2016, 01:13 PM
в настройках нету вот именно русского не вьеду я при инсталяции задал русский а он и так качает англ версию руссифатора в инете нету писал в техподдержку тихо пока

black.cedryk
03-28-2016, 01:28 PM
Hello my dear ones,

I remember I had the same problem in BF3. The solution was : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfOYtJFkVpc

Give it a try to your The Division RU version game. I didn't test it, since I have the EN_US version already. See you on New York!

P.S. : You can add me to your friend list. :)

Darkhelgi
04-02-2016, 03:26 PM
Я так понимаю проблему с русским так и не решили, у одних он есть и не сменить, у других наоборот его нет....