PDA

View Full Version : A feedback from a veteran hearing impaired Ghost

DeafCon5-
03-05-2016, 05:03 PM
Hey Fellow Ghosts! :D

I've been playing this series since forever and i always loved the character(Scott Mitchell FTW), the cool Hi-Tech stuff and the campaign. I was just wondering if this game will have some deaf friendly features that allow us hearing impaired players and those who don't want to use the mics at all to play without limitations and perhaps to communicate with other teammates via commorose or tactical emotes. Devs, please, allow us to fully enjoy this game and can't wait to play it!

Thanks for reading! :D

Flaw3dGenius23
03-06-2016, 03:49 AM
These days it seems devs cannot make a tactical shooter for the hearing nevermind the deaf....Im sure they'd love to cater for everyone but sadly devs find it hard the majority of times.

DeafCon5-
03-06-2016, 01:11 PM
These days it seems devs cannot make a tactical shooter for the hearing nevermind the deaf....Im sure they'd love to cater for everyone but sadly devs find it hard the majority of times.

Oh no, i don't want them to make a tactical shooter for the hearing impaired people. I just wish they could put some features like commorose in Battlefield 4 (They listened my feedback for friendly deaf features) I think it's about the devs not the resources.

UbiBooma
03-07-2016, 12:03 AM
Hey Fellow Ghosts! :D

I've been playing this series since forever and i always loved the character(Scott Mitchell FTW), the cool Hi-Tech stuff and the campaign. I was just wondering if this game will have some deaf friendly features that allow us hearing impaired players and those who don't want to use the mics at all to play without limitations and perhaps to communicate with other teammates via commorose or tactical emotes. Devs, please, allow us to fully enjoy this game and can't wait to play it!

Thanks for reading! :D

What an honor, iShadowDeath. I'll make sure to pass this on to the devs!

DeafCon5-
03-07-2016, 12:28 PM
What an honor, iShadowDeath. I'll make sure to pass this on to the devs!

Thank you for reading and letting the devs know it hoping that they will make this game greater and more enjoyable for everyone! :D

Mastiff070
03-07-2016, 02:14 PM
would be nice, as I know a lot of near deaf vets, that love to play and use the butt kickers to play and a sub-woofer, but if they can make a game playable for epileptic seizure people they can do the same for all handicapped..

UbiKeeba
03-07-2016, 03:22 PM
I'll definitely pass this feedback on. I'm SLIGHTLY hearing impaired myself, so I can a little understand where you're coming from. I -NEED- subtitles when I watch a movie or play a game, and when they aren't an option, I pretty much just have to give up on whatever it is, since I can't properly hear what's going on.

DeafCon5-
03-08-2016, 03:46 PM
would be nice, as I know a lot of near deaf vets, that love to play and use the butt kickers to play and a sub-woofer, but if they can make a game playable for epileptic seizure people they can do the same for all handicapped..

Aye, that's what i thought as well! I think they can do something about it and thanks for your opinion :D

DeafCon5-
03-08-2016, 03:49 PM
I'll definitely pass this feedback on. I'm SLIGHTLY hearing impaired myself, so I can a little understand where you're coming from. I -NEED- subtitles when I watch a movie or play a game, and when they aren't an option, I pretty much just have to give up on whatever it is, since I can't properly hear what's going on.

A community manager who can understands my actual condition in the gaming environment? Wow! That's absolutely awesome pal! :D Yeah i'm in same situation, i always need subtitles for TV series, games and movies, thanks god that the latest game have subtitles! Thank you so much for you support! it's very appreciated. I hope they will go further than simple subtitles with some deaf friendly features to communicate in online! ;D

UbiKeeba
03-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Glad I can help! And yes.. the struggle really is real. My hearing is JUST good enough to where insurance won't cover a hearing aid for me... even though honestly I need one. My hearing sits right on the line where below insurance will cover, and above they won't. Most of the time I have to be looking at someone's mouth in order to really understand what they are saying to me, and I ALWAYS need subtitles. Sometimes, people think I'm kinda weird cause when they talk to me I stare at their mouths so intently... I guess it looks strange. lol But I can't help it, you know? My hearing is better in my right ear than in my left, so I always turn my headphones up really loudly and make sure that they are loud enough in at least my right ear in order to understand voice comms. Even then I end up asking people to repeat themselves a lot... since I can't see their mouths.

So yeah... I absolutely can relate.

Also, I forwarded this thread on to the dev team. :)

SuperBiscotCOT
03-08-2016, 05:40 PM
And that a thread witch is a perfect example that we have awesone Community Managers and that the devs are listening what is posted here ;)

DeafCon5-
03-09-2016, 09:19 PM
Glad I can help! And yes.. the struggle really is real. My hearing is JUST good enough to where insurance won't cover a hearing aid for me... even though honestly I need one. My hearing sits right on the line where below insurance will cover, and above they won't. Most of the time I have to be looking at someone's mouth in order to really understand what they are saying to me, and I ALWAYS need subtitles. Sometimes, people think I'm kinda weird cause when they talk to me I stare at their mouths so intently... I guess it looks strange. lol But I can't help it, you know? My hearing is better in my right ear than in my left, so I always turn my headphones up really loudly and make sure that they are loud enough in at least my right ear in order to understand voice comms. Even then I end up asking people to repeat themselves a lot... since I can't see their mouths.

So yeah... I absolutely can relate.

Also, I forwarded this thread on to the dev team. :)

That really sucks. My hearing aid is provided by my government and thus no cost, it may be powerful but not enough to listen from TV, Videogames and others than talking to real people. I can relate to that! All the time i have to read their lips and sometimes i have to ask them to repeat without pissing them off or looking weird, i guess that the patience is not everyone's virtue lol. As for the subtitles i regularly buy Blu-rays or download subtitles from some websites that provide the subtitles for every movie so that's nice! Well, in my case my hearing is better in my left ear than right one. Oh gosh, i really can't hear what my teammates say even if i'm in the party but i appreciate that they still invite me even i'm deaf and they still include me in. I think i can hear something like one word in every sentence of 5-6 words so that's not an option in a game where you have to react quickly and a game based on teamwork and communication is a nightmare for me! That's why a commorose or other alike feature would be helpful since in BF4 there's a commorose and it's a great feature to communicate with others.

Thanks for understanding and i hope that these features will be ever implemented in GRWL. I recently bought the division and i see that they didn't put the features i've requested *sigh*

Thanks again for your support and for submitting my feedback to them! :D

EDIT: i forgot to ask you about a thing: what's your platform?

DeafCon5-
03-09-2016, 09:23 PM
And that a thread witch is a perfect example that we have awesone Community Managers and that the devs are listening what is posted here ;)

Oh yes! The Community Managers in this forum are fantastic! :D

UbiKeeba
03-09-2016, 09:39 PM
I play on... well.. pretty much all the things. I'm mostly a console player, though.. since my PC isn't the best. My Xbox GT is: Keeba PMS my PS4 GT is: Keeba_PMS my UPLay is UbiKeeba and my Steam is Keeba13 :D

Also.. yeah.. having to ask people to repeat themselves is the worst sometimes.. I've gotten a bad habit of just nodding and acting like I heard, even though I didn't.. just because I have gotten to a point in my life where I don't want to frustrate anyone. :/ It's bitten me in the rear, though, before... when someone asked me a question and then I'm just sitting there nodding like they're telling me a story.. then I look silly. lol

DeafCon5-
03-12-2016, 12:29 AM
I play on... well.. pretty much all the things. I'm mostly a console player, though.. since my PC isn't the best. My Xbox GT is: Keeba PMS my PS4 GT is: Keeba_PMS my UPLay is UbiKeeba and my Steam is Keeba13 :D

Also.. yeah.. having to ask people to repeat themselves is the worst sometimes.. I've gotten a bad habit of just nodding and acting like I heard, even though I didn't.. just because I have gotten to a point in my life where I don't want to frustrate anyone. :/ It's bitten me in the rear, though, before... when someone asked me a question and then I'm just sitting there nodding like they're telling me a story.. then I look silly. lol

I shall add you on PS4 if you don't mind, i'll specify in the message who am i :D I can totally understand you mate, i have same habit as well and it's not a good thing since they can ask you the opinion on what they said, that terrifying moment. At least it's nice to know that i'm not alone that does such things ahah