PDA

View Full Version : Why does the game try to access the internet when you start a game?

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 01:35 AM
I have the Gold Edition of Ghost Recon and can't figure out why the game tries to access the internet when I start up the game. I'm not trying to play multiplayer at all. I have a dial-up so it gets really annoying when I have to press cancel on my my dial-up connection everytime I want to play.

Thanks in advance

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 01:35 AM
I have the Gold Edition of Ghost Recon and can't figure out why the game tries to access the internet when I start up the game. I'm not trying to play multiplayer at all. I have a dial-up so it gets really annoying when I have to press cancel on my my dial-up connection everytime I want to play.

Thanks in advance

XyZspineZyX
09-03-2003, 03:39 AM
To AnderScootDav,

Have you got a internet security program running because it may detect that there is a internet enabled program and want to gain access to the internet. One other thing you might like to try is download the latest antivirus software and scan your system.

Try this program below to remove and spy ware that maybe causing your PC to connect to the internet.

Ad-aware http://www.ad-aware.com/