PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on AEP... got it yesterday!

Danschnell
03-20-2004, 02:55 AM
Amazing, shockingly good and brilliant were my first impressions.

The first thing I noticed was a huge graphical improvement, especially on the new online map.
The next thing I noticed was the beauty of the new cokpits, especially the Bf110. Its so complex.
I also noticed better AI, and the online campaign idea is brilliant.

Although dissappointments were few, I was peeved by the ME163, especially a glaring flight model innaccuracy.... in real life the ME163 did NOT spin. Read any accounts by 163 pilots themselves, and you will find that even in the most advanced tests the Komet could not be put into a spin.
The other dissappointment was the new gun and armor powers. in 1.22 it was perfect, but now the MG151 20mm cannons don't really do any damage anymore, except they can set alight B17s easily... and the B17 is the one aircraft I'd expect NOT to be able to take out easily!

Overall though, if just those two compliants were dealt with, AEP would be the perfect game.
Its easily the best game ever created as it is... but Oleg shouldn't be complacent... one hell of a lot of people use the MG151!

Danschnell
03-20-2004, 02:55 AM
Amazing, shockingly good and brilliant were my first impressions.

The first thing I noticed was a huge graphical improvement, especially on the new online map.
The next thing I noticed was the beauty of the new cokpits, especially the Bf110. Its so complex.
I also noticed better AI, and the online campaign idea is brilliant.

Although dissappointments were few, I was peeved by the ME163, especially a glaring flight model innaccuracy.... in real life the ME163 did NOT spin. Read any accounts by 163 pilots themselves, and you will find that even in the most advanced tests the Komet could not be put into a spin.
The other dissappointment was the new gun and armor powers. in 1.22 it was perfect, but now the MG151 20mm cannons don't really do any damage anymore, except they can set alight B17s easily... and the B17 is the one aircraft I'd expect NOT to be able to take out easily!

Overall though, if just those two compliants were dealt with, AEP would be the perfect game.
Its easily the best game ever created as it is... but Oleg shouldn't be complacent... one hell of a lot of people use the MG151!

SeaFireLIV
03-20-2004, 04:28 AM
Yep. There are a lot of great things in AEP, but of course, Oleg should always keep improving on improving. We all appreciate his hard work.