PDA

View Full Version : Dreadful Crimes?

MnemonicSyntax
03-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Any word on when this is coming out for PC, if at all?

Thanks!

UltimateGohanSS
03-02-2016, 01:35 PM
I'm waithing this too

Jessigirl2013
03-02-2016, 08:40 PM
Its exclusive until 31st March so after that it will probably be announced for PC!:cool:

DarkDragonAC
03-03-2016, 03:57 PM
You can already unlock it on PC (since patch 1.4). Use Google guys ;)
https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0053/ac-council/prod/article/56d6c82d44a0b.jpg

OxIdOAC
03-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Hm, looks fake to me....

Just checked my game (gold edition) and Dreadful Crimes isn't listed in my bonus content......
But as i live in EU maybe it is location related????

Jessigirl2013
03-05-2016, 01:12 PM
Hm, looks fake to me....

Just checked my game (gold edition) and Dreadful Crimes isn't listed in my bonus content......
But as i live in EU maybe it is location related????

It does seem odd, considering the DLC was exclusive until March 31st.:rolleyes:

YazX_
03-08-2016, 08:53 AM
Guys, discussing hacks, unlockers or anything related is strictly prohibited on forums and will lead to accounts banning, and also, downloading files from unofficial sources might harm your PCs, please abide with forum rules and refrain from such discussions.

Thanks

Going4Quests
03-12-2016, 12:09 AM
I hope it'll be free with my Gold Edition. :P

Jessigirl2013
03-12-2016, 01:35 PM
I hope it'll be free with my Gold Edition. :P

I don't think the edition will matter.
If anything it might be for season pass holders.

Going4Quests
03-14-2016, 05:57 PM
I don't think the edition will matter.
If anything it might be for season pass holders.

Yea but if you look up on previous games, Aveline for example is only included in Black Flag Gold. You dont get it with Season Pass. :(

Jessigirl2013
03-14-2016, 07:07 PM
Yea but if you look up on previous games, Aveline for example is only included in Black Flag Gold. You dont get it with Season Pass. :(

Really :confused:

In that case I do hope they include it with the season pass, seems silly locking it behind one edition.:rolleyes:

CitizenOfDni
03-14-2016, 09:46 PM
True. Watch Dogs has something similar with the White Hat Pack, which is a Digital Deluxe Edition exclusive. I found out after I got the game + Season Pass. :mad: Stop doing things like that Ubisoft! It scares customers away. Like me. I was going to buy the Syndicate Gold edition just now, but I couldn't risk it when the "new" Gold edition may get more DLC in a few months. I can wait, and it will be cheaper by then too probably.

Jessigirl2013
03-15-2016, 12:34 PM
True. Watch Dogs has something similar with the White Hat Pack, which is a Digital Deluxe Edition exclusive. I found out after I got the game + Season Pass. :mad: Stop doing things like that Ubisoft! It scares customers away. Like me. I was going to buy the Syndicate Gold edition just now, but I couldn't risk it when the "new" Gold edition may get more DLC in a few months. I can wait, and it will be cheaper by then too probably.

Any idea how to get the Aveline DLC, as someone who got the black chest edition is annoying the DLC wasn't included.:rolleyes:

Going4Quests
03-15-2016, 08:42 PM
I dont know how to get it without the gold edition. I got Black Flag gifted retail as birthday present surprise, so RIP me for Aveline :P

Omfg I hope there ownt be a higher golden package for dreadful crimes.. I bought Gold edition especially in mind for getting Dreadful.. if not I'd have bought regular + season :(

TaylorBlakeH
03-21-2016, 10:01 PM
I dont know how to get it without the gold edition. I got Black Flag gifted retail as birthday present surprise, so RIP me for Aveline :P

Omfg I hope there ownt be a higher golden package for dreadful crimes.. I bought Gold edition especially in mind for getting Dreadful.. if not I'd have bought regular + season :(

There's a steam discussion about the 1.5 patch that just got released today that mentions adding support for Dreadful Crimes.... I think the PC is about to get these missions. Possibly the XBOX too

Hard to say whether it will be purchaseable (probably) DLC or part of the season pass. I have the season pass so I'll let everyone know

Uplay-NoID
03-22-2016, 02:33 PM
When the exclusive deal is finished I can guarantee UBI will release it for other platforms either free or with a charge.:rolleyes:

Considering that the dreadful crimes is already in the game files, it would be a major ***hole move for ubi to charge us for the unlock.

Jessigirl2013
03-28-2016, 03:12 PM
Considering that the dreadful crimes is already in the game files, it would be a major ***hole move for ubi to charge us for the unlock.

I know, but they probably want to profit with everything:rolleyes:

Dynamole
03-31-2016, 01:44 PM
So it needs to come in these days. March is finished. Can't wait :D

grod4L
03-31-2016, 06:09 PM
So does anyone know if it's to come out today? Or is it tomorrow?

TaylorBlakeH
03-31-2016, 07:25 PM
So does anyone know if it's to come out today? Or is it tomorrow?

Where did you read that it's even coming to PC either day?

Bakemono-kun
03-31-2016, 08:58 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1417279-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-5-Notes-%28PC%29

Added Dreadful Crimes missions support (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1417279-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-5-Notes-%28PC%29)

grod4L
03-31-2016, 09:18 PM

I read on the AC wiki that it was a 6 month timed exclusive and the exclusivity would end March 31 2016

TaylorBlakeH
03-31-2016, 10:23 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1417279-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-5-Notes-%28PC%29
(http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1417279-Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Patch-1-5-Notes-%28PC%29)

This just says that support was added for the content in the PC version, which indicates it probably will arrive. It doesn't indicate when

dinesh50169
04-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Ubi Developer UBI-Zuzu posted on steam that it's released...
steamcommunity.com/app/368500/discussions/0/385429254946252540/#comment_385429254947129415
but still i'ts not available ingame...

Jessigirl2013
04-02-2016, 06:23 PM
@Jessigirl2013 I have Black Chest Edition as well. Did you know that console Black Chest Edition had ULC for content from figurines (6 items) and also Wilkinson Figurehead and... Butcher Blades? There is a way to obtain those on PC by hexediting your personal save file.

It would be nice to add option to repeat Dreadful Crimes ;).

Huh? Consoles got it but PC didn't?

Ubi Developer UBI-Zuzu posted on steam that it's released...
steamcommunity.com/app/368500/discussions/0/385429254946252540/#comment_385429254947129415 (http://steamcommunity.com/app/368500/discussions/0/385429254946252540/#comment_385429254947129415)
but still i'ts not available ingame...

So... its not actually available...:rolleyes:

grod4L
04-04-2016, 12:36 AM
Please Ubisoft, give us some info on this!

strigoi1958
04-04-2016, 03:54 PM
As far as I recall it was a PS4 exclusive that was meant to generate PS4 sales.... The way I see it is... if I wanted to play any games that are exclusive to PS4 or XBone I'd buy one of those consoles but I'm not going to buy one just for missions :) I don't mind exclusive content. All platforms offer different things and I like the PC. Ubisoft have never said they will or will not release these missions on other platforms but IF they get released as an optional DLC purchase I'd like that a lot and I wouldn't expect to receive it as part of my limited edition as it is an unplanned DLC but I'm very happy to buy it.

Uplay-NoID
04-04-2016, 06:51 PM
As far as I recall it was a PS4 exclusive that was meant to generate PS4 sales.... The way I see it is... if I wanted to play any games that are exclusive to PS4 or XBone I'd buy one of those consoles but I'm not going to buy one just for missions :) I don't mind exclusive content. All platforms offer different things and I like the PC. Ubisoft have never said they will or will not release these missions on other platforms but IF they get released as an optional DLC purchase I'd like that a lot and I wouldn't expect to receive it as part of my limited edition as it is an unplanned DLC but I'm very happy to buy it.

Dreadful crimes were timed, there was never any one system exclusivity. Plus the 1.5 patch did add support for the dreadful crimes. People are in a panic because ubi didn't unlock dreadful crimes immediately on March 31st.

Dynamole
04-05-2016, 11:45 PM
I'm still waiting for this -.-

Uplay-NoID
04-05-2016, 11:58 PM
A little communication on ubisoft's part would be nice. God forbid paying customers want to be kept in the loop. I actually thought that the dreadful crimes would unlock today, nope. There is no more exclusivity, so ubisoft can discuss the release date. I do find it odd that a patch (1.5) was released last week, with dreadful crimes support, but no other word of the unlock. I swear if I ran a business like this, I wouldn't be in business for long.

OxIdOAC
04-06-2016, 02:58 PM
So, Ubisoft, Dreadful Crimes, are u gonna do anything about it?
I mean, it would be nice, 'coz we PAY for the damn thing half a year ago!

Ubi-Banshee
04-06-2016, 04:16 PM
Hi Assassins -

Dreadful Crimes is planned for a PC release, we will let you the specific date as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience!

OxIdOAC
04-07-2016, 04:43 AM
Hi Assassins -

Dreadful Crimes is planned for a PC release, we will let you the specific date as soon as we can.

Was that really so hard, spend few seconds and answer community question that has been ask?

Thank you

Ubi-Banshee
04-07-2016, 03:41 PM
Was that really so hard, spend few seconds and answer community question that has been ask?

Thank you

I totally understand your frustration. From our standpoint, as you may have noticed from the inclusion of new members (including myself), the team has been in state of growth as of late. One of our goals moving forward is to be as timely as we can be in responses, permitting the hoops of disclosure and release information allows (and the sheer size of a company like Ubisoft). Sometimes information takes a little while to make its way down the pipeline and get approved.

I apologize for any ill feelings our delay in reply may have caused, however I'm hoping you'll understand it is currently a period of transition and we will be doing everything we can to work towards being more synchronized and efficient in our responses as a team.

Again, thank you for your patience!

TaylorBlakeH
04-07-2016, 06:14 PM
I totally understand your frustration. From our standpoint, as you may have noticed from the inclusion of new members (including myself), the team has been in state of growth as of late. One of our goals moving forward is to be as timely as we can be in responses, permitting the hoops of disclosure and release information allows (and the sheer size of a company like Ubisoft). Sometimes information takes a little while to make its way down the pipeline and get approved.

I apologize for any ill feelings our delay in reply may have caused, however I'm hoping you'll understand it is currently a period of transition and we will be doing everything we can to work towards being more synchronized and efficient in our responses as a team.

It takes even longer for information to go back UP the pipeline to get Ubisoft to respond to long broken pieces of their games!!

But I must say, this is the first genuinely concerned, professional and helpful comment I've seen any community manager truly make on these forums and I'm genuinely impressed. If I was convinced that there would be more people like you around here around the time the next Assassin's Creed is released, I might actually not hesitate to buy the game on or before its release date.

There have been too many ongoing issues for too long without being addressed though. When you have a thread over 48 pages long about the game crashing that TONS of people are having, "Please contact Ubisoft support" is NOT the right answer! Especially when most of those people already have.

Anyways though.... I'm glad to see some concern for players, finally.

Going4Quests
04-07-2016, 06:16 PM

"Synchronized".. I like your wording for on a AC forum. :)

strigoi1958
04-08-2016, 02:45 AM
@Thair ouch a little harsh. YazX has written software that backs up save files and the mods have helped on numerous occasions. We all tend to believe that there is no way the problem can be anything to do with our PC even if the game runs perfectly well of hundreds of thousands of other PC's we automatically assume it is Ubisofts fault AND it is their job to figure out why it does not run on our system and we want an answer immediately.

It's frustrating when we cannot play a game but it shouldn't make us expect instant results on the forum when there is the technical forum and the support to help.
I feel your frustration I've been there many many times but you already know the problem with PC games..... they are expected to work on a million different PC's with different parts, operating systems, software, drivers, USB peripherals, unstable power and internet connections, conflicting software, NAT types, Malware and virus (even antivirus and firewall problems.... to name a few. If a game runs on one console it will run on them all. With PC's we need to get as much information as possible to the people trying to solve the problem and then they might see a common link....

I'll tell you what has happened to me recently and I bet you would never have figured it out. I was playing Far Cry 4 and at times it would randomly crash... sometimes it would say it was the nvidia driver stopped working and recovered, other times it would say a module had crashed... I went through days of changing drivers and verifying game files, changing directories and in the end it was my steelseries apex M800 keyboard.

It has several gaming profiles for illumination. it also has 2 games which are minesweeper (like the microsoft game but played using keys) and Snake (like the old Nokia phone game) and after installing a software update it had set the profile to snake. When certain keys are pressed it starts the snake game on the keyboard and as I was playing I would press the keys and Snake would start on the keyboard and it caused Far Cry 4 to stop working and freeze my PC making me have to reboot every time. I stumbled across it by accident when looking through the profiles. There is no way on earth Ubisofts Far Cry moderators could have found that (probably not even support as I do not list my keyboard or headset in tickets).

If I hadn't found it by chance I would have had the problem until I stopped playing games that clashed with the snake profile, got a new keyboard or changed my keyboard illumination. I opened a ticket with Steelseries and reported my findings and it has helped solve some problems that they couldn't solve.

Things are not usually easy when it comes to solving PC problems.

TaylorBlakeH
04-08-2016, 02:07 PM
@Thair ouch a little harsh. YazX has written software that backs up save files and the mods have helped on numerous occasions. We all tend to believe that there is no way the problem can be anything to do with our PC even if the game runs perfectly well of hundreds of thousands of other PC's we automatically assume it is Ubisofts fault AND it is their job to figure out why it does not run on our system and we want an answer immediately.

It's frustrating when we cannot play a game but it shouldn't make us expect instant results on the forum when there is the technical forum and the support to help.
I feel your frustration I've been there many many times but you already know the problem with PC games..... they are expected to work on a million different PC's with different parts, operating systems, software, drivers, USB peripherals, unstable power and internet connections, conflicting software, NAT types, Malware and virus (even antivirus and firewall problems.... to name a few. If a game runs on one console it will run on them all. With PC's we need to get as much information as possible to the people trying to solve the problem and then they might see a common link....

I'll tell you what has happened to me recently and I bet you would never have figured it out. I was playing Far Cry 4 and at times it would randomly crash... sometimes it would say it was the nvidia driver stopped working and recovered, other times it would say a module had crashed... I went through days of changing drivers and verifying game files, changing directories and in the end it was my steelseries apex M800 keyboard.

It has several gaming profiles for illumination. it also has 2 games which are minesweeper (like the microsoft game but played using keys) and Snake (like the old Nokia phone game) and after installing a software update it had set the profile to snake. When certain keys are pressed it starts the snake game on the keyboard and as I was playing I would press the keys and Snake would start on the keyboard and it caused Far Cry 4 to stop working and freeze my PC making me have to reboot every time. I stumbled across it by accident when looking through the profiles. There is no way on earth Ubisofts Far Cry moderators could have found that (probably not even support as I do not list my keyboard or headset in tickets).

If I hadn't found it by chance I would have had the problem until I stopped playing games that clashed with the snake profile, got a new keyboard or changed my keyboard illumination. I opened a ticket with Steelseries and reported my findings and it has helped solve some problems that they couldn't solve.

Things are not usually easy when it comes to solving PC problems.

I understand the potential for obscurity of root cause analysis on the multitude of PC configurations and don't discount them, but the particular issues I'm referring to are the ACS.exe has stopped working at that particular part of the Thames and more specifically, the pop-up about graphics drivers that started with the 1.5 patch that prevents the game from launching. When people have been playing the game without issues and then, after a patch, MANY people all have the same issue, it's clearly the patch that made changes to cause the issue rather than the users environment. On day one of that patch there was a VERY large number of people reporting the issue and no one officially from Ubisoft said anything for DAYS. While there are workarounds that work for a select few people, the issue STILL has not been addressed.

When speaking of the lack of communication of forum officials, I was referring to official Ubisoft community managers, not just all moderators. I'm very familiar with Yaz and what's he's contributed and I wouldn't disagree with you at all on how helpful he can be. I was merely referring to response time and involvement from official and direct representation from Ubisoft, not just forum users in general, as Yaz, despite what he contributes, is not affiliated with Ubisoft in any way.

When you play on a PC, I agree that there is an amount of understanding of the platform and willingness to learn and troubleshoot that you must adopt for when things go wrong instead of blaming the developers for everything. I'm only referring to mass issues with the title that a MULTITUDE of users experience from day one or the first day after a patch, rather than those odd cases that obviously have something to do with the users environment. Examples of these issues are SLI not working at all and scaling negatively (which was finally fixed after four months), 970 and 980 M versions of laptop GPU's not allowing fullscreen mode, the game crashing when approaching a certain part of the Thames river, and the most recently introduced issue from patch 1.5 where the game won't even launch. When users try everything including formatting their installation of Windows, install clean GPU drivers with nothing else and then STILL have the issue, I'd say the user's environment is out of the question, and many users with the above issues have tried this much.

MrkillerhomerxD
04-08-2016, 04:27 PM
cant wait to play it!,
the Murder Mysteries in ACU was one of the best part of the game (so unique and fun)
and from what i read the Dreadful Crimes should be even better (and from what seen in jack the ripper they are!)
so BRING IT ON! =) and allow me even more hours in this game! =)

strigoi1958
04-08-2016, 07:26 PM
@thair I understand what you are saying but there is obviously a difference between multitude and majority. I admit that a patch may start a conflict with some users and when it happened to me I felt I was in a majority even though checking posts I found less than 20 people who repeatedly posted as I did. But when asked what could be done to solve the issue I couldn't answer because I also didn't know what was changed that caused the problem for myself but not for the devs and hundreds of thousands of others...or even if I did... would changing it fix any other persons problem or worse cause more problems for others. Only getting every single piece of information regardless how unimportant it may seem and then looking for the common link will find a solution. I'm a fan and gamer and I don't like it when anyone has problems but if the game works for a lot and not for a few then we cannot rule out the users environment unless it did not work for everyone. When I played black flag I played it on my first system because it wouldn't run on my second system so I couldn't rule out user environment at all... Now it runs on my latest (third) system but never on the second one. :confused:

As for SLI I think my opinion on the incredible lack of support by Nvidia to their best customers (they don't just buy one gpu they buy multiple gpu's) is well known. SLI profiles only seem to appear long after most games have been out 6 months and as most games have sli scaling and artefact problems etc.... most people end up disabling one card or experimenting with settings. YazX is great for that :) and like myself I believe he sees better results buying 1 more powerful card than using 2 lesser cards now.

As for Community Mods... I don't think this is the place to bring problems for Ubisoft to fix. It is a forum for our discussions and wishes and opinion... plus community support... I've found lots of great advice on here from other members so I would always say post here because someone may have found a solution but I always go through support or the technical forum because it puts all data in one place rather than scattering it everywhere.

Most games have a "known issue" thread perhaps there needs to be a thread (possibly stickied) where every single detail is added (even peripherals and software) of a system even game folder location steam or uplay and see if breaking it down as minutely as possible will help us find a common denominator. I wish I had a solution for you apart from finding a way to get back to patch 1.4 and playing offline but thats not really practical. Sorry.

TaylorBlakeH
04-08-2016, 08:50 PM
@thair I understand what you are saying but there is obviously a difference between multitude and majority. I admit that a patch may start a conflict with some users and when it happened to me I felt I was in a majority even though checking posts I found less than 20 people who repeatedly posted as I did. But when asked what could be done to solve the issue I couldn't answer because I also didn't know what was changed that caused the problem for myself but not for the devs and hundreds of thousands of others...or even if I did... would changing it fix any other persons problem or worse cause more problems for others. Only getting every single piece of information regardless how unimportant it may seem and then looking for the common link will find a solution. I'm a fan and gamer and I don't like it when anyone has problems but if the game works for a lot and not for a few then we cannot rule out the users environment unless it did not work for everyone. When I played black flag I played it on my first system because it wouldn't run on my second system so I couldn't rule out user environment at all... Now it runs on my latest (third) system but never on the second one. :confused:

As for SLI I think my opinion on the incredible lack of support by Nvidia to their best customers (they don't just buy one gpu they buy multiple gpu's) is well known. SLI profiles only seem to appear long after most games have been out 6 months and as most games have sli scaling and artefact problems etc.... most people end up disabling one card or experimenting with settings. YazX is great for that :) and like myself I believe he sees better results buying 1 more powerful card than using 2 lesser cards now.

As for Community Mods... I don't think this is the place to bring problems for Ubisoft to fix. It is a forum for our discussions and wishes and opinion... plus community support... I've found lots of great advice on here from other members so I would always say post here because someone may have found a solution but I always go through support or the technical forum because it puts all data in one place rather than scattering it everywhere.

Most games have a "known issue" thread perhaps there needs to be a thread (possibly stickied) where every single detail is added (even peripherals and software) of a system even game folder location steam or uplay and see if breaking it down as minutely as possible will help us find a common denominator. I wish I had a solution for you apart from finding a way to get back to patch 1.4 and playing offline but that's not really practical. Sorry.

Truth be told, my game is actually working and I've pretty much beaten everything so I'm not particularly affected by the splash screen hanging issue at this point but I've tried to stick around and help other people with it or at least look for patterns and decipher what could have been changed to cause these graphics driver verification. Maybe it's something WHQL related? I'm not sure. There is a MUCH smaller number of people reporting the issue at this point though because it's occurred so late in the game's release that many people have likely already finished the game and haven't needed to come back to it so we're only seeing newcomers or people who hadn't finished the game yet. So if this had happened three or four months ago, or even prior to the Last Maharaja DLC, we WOULD have seen a majority.

As far as SLI goes, as much and as long as I refused to accept it and fight it, I've come to the same conclusion as you and Yaz, and hence relieved myself of my two 970's and went for a heavily overclocked 980 Ti. And I don't at all regret my decision, only, now nothing is stopping me from wanting a second one!! haha.... That's how it goes I guess. Right now though, I'm building a new PC around the X99 platform, as my 5.0 GHz i5-2500K is finally showing its age. These new titles are using 100% CPU on my system and have been since AC Unity and while my overall frame rate remains as expected considering my hardware, there is visible stutter as the CPU pauses to feed the GPU in certain cases that isn't reflected in a numerical frame rate. So I'm going to fix that bottle neck with a 5820K (while hopefully newer DX12 titles will begin to use those 6 cores and 12 threads) and then move into another graphics upgrade later on.

I realize Ubisoft support is SUPPOSED to be the first place you go for help, but seriously, certainly you know how miserably unhelpful they can be... Not only do they suggest the typical rudimentary troubleshooting steps that obviously more technical people have tried, but they also NEVER get back to you and when you try to ask them to relay a huge problem that many people are having, you never hear from ANYONE. These forums seem like a good way for technical issues with the game to get some visibility, so that hopefully if something is visible and high profile enough, community managers can see that since they watch the forums and relay it to someone at Ubisoft that support is not in contact with.

Ubi-Banshee
04-08-2016, 08:56 PM
It takes even longer for information to go back UP the pipeline to get Ubisoft to respond to long broken pieces of their games!!

But I must say, this is the first genuinely concerned, professional and helpful comment I've seen any community manager truly make on these forums and I'm genuinely impressed. If I was convinced that there would be more people like you around here around the time the next Assassin's Creed is released, I might actually not hesitate to buy the game on or before its release date.

There have been too many ongoing issues for too long without being addressed though. When you have a thread over 48 pages long about the game crashing that TONS of people are having, "Please contact Ubisoft support" is NOT the right answer! Especially when most of those people already have.

Anyways though.... I'm glad to see some concern for players, finally.

Of course, and it is something that we are continuously working on. While I really and truly understand how frustrating to see 'Please contact support' can be, unfortunately that is the first step in creating visibility for these issues to get fixed. As a Community Manager, it is my responsibility to bring these issues to the team and advocate for your experience as a player, however it brings more credence and urgency to my asks if I have a trail that I can refer to, to show the team that this is an issue affecting a group of players (e.g. support tickets, technical forum threads), which is why when there is not a solution readily available, we refer you to support.

As Strigoi said, the forums are a great place for players to come together and collaborate on solutions without waiting for the larger entity to shift gears - but we do have a great support team in place specifically to address these issues. CMs relay this information and solutions when they are available to us, but for actual troubleshooting and technical run-through solutions, that is under the purview of the support team and our directive is to channel those types of queries to them.

I am sorry that your experience has been negative, I will do what I can to push this forward and get some results for you all. I really do appreciate you taking the time to write on here and make your thoughts known to us - it will help us create better and better gaming experiences moving forward.

strigoi1958
04-09-2016, 03:11 AM
WHQL related? hmm that's a good point. I know Nvidia had to withdraw a driver last month because of overheating and rumours of gpu damage. And I've seen you helping people on the forum. What 980ti did you get. I got the evga sc+ 2.0 it is not o/c too much but I'm really impressed with it. :)

VasilyZaitsev42
04-09-2016, 11:34 PM
what about xbox users? we never got ac3 dlc like Benedict Arnold or aveline missions. we exist too.

strigoi1958
04-10-2016, 02:42 AM
what about xbox users? we never got ac3 dlc like Benedict Arnold or aveline missions. we exist too.

All the platforms have exclusive games and individual benefits it is just down to marketing sometimes. PC owners get better options with graphics (but more problems) consoles get games at early release dates so we PC guys are anywhere from 1 day to 2 weeks behind. And on occasions dlc before the PC so it is a case of owning all 3 platforms or staying with our choice and accept what we get. :) I don't mind consoles getting bonuses or earlier release dates because I'm very happy with the pc games.

TaylorBlakeH
04-10-2016, 10:20 PM
WHQL related? hmm that's a good point. I know Nvidia had to withdraw a driver last month because of overheating and rumours of gpu damage. And I've seen you helping people on the forum. What 980ti did you get. I got the evga sc+ 2.0 it is not o/c too much but I'm really impressed with it. :)

I actually got the exact same GPU, the SC+, the one with the backplate. You're not going to believe how much i got it for, but I logged onto Amazon one day and this Amazon retailer was selling this SC+ and a Classified edition 980 Ti as eVGA refurbished, for $379.99!!!!! NO TAX!!!

I'm still 100% confused as to how something like this could happen - I've yet to find anything else like it since that deal went, but I definitely got a refurbished 980 Ti from eVGA directly with 900 days of warranty still on it from eVGA all for $379. If I see another deal like that I'll be going back to SLI lol. I WOULD have been happy with the 980 TYi performance at 1080p, but around the same time, I bought a 1440p, 144Hz G-SYNC monitor, so now of course I have incentive for higher frame rates AND they're harder to obtain at 1440p than 1080.

I'm using custom BIOS to overvolt to 1.275 getting 1525 Mhz on the clock and 8 GHz on the memory. 71 Celsius is my peak temp under load with a Kraken x41 mounted through the Kraken G10 bracket from NZXT.

Of course, and it is something that we are continuously working on. While I really and truly understand how frustrating to see 'Please contact support' can be, unfortunately that is the first step in creating visibility for these issues to get fixed. As a Community Manager, it is my responsibility to bring these issues to the team and advocate for your experience as a player, however it brings more credence and urgency to my asks if I have a trail that I can refer to, to show the team that this is an issue affecting a group of players (e.g. support tickets, technical forum threads), which is why when there is not a solution readily available, we refer you to support.

As Strigoi said, the forums are a great place for players to come together and collaborate on solutions without waiting for the larger entity to shift gears - but we do have a great support team in place specifically to address these issues. CMs relay this information and solutions when they are available to us, but for actual troubleshooting and technical run-through solutions, that is under the purview of the support team and our directive is to channel those types of queries to them.

I am sorry that your experience has been negative, I will do what I can to push this forward and get some results for you all. I really do appreciate you taking the time to write on here and make your thoughts known to us - it will help us create better and better gaming experiences moving forward.

I really appreciate your involvement; I do.... I look forward to working with you around the time of next release!

strigoi1958
04-11-2016, 12:37 AM
WOW I paid over 600 which works out around $900 :eek: $379 that is incredible for a card as ridiculously powerful as these... and I've seen gtx 970's around $340 to $350... the price of a gtx 970 and 30 bucks for a gtx 980 ti SC+ .... I'll have to get you to do my buying for me ;)

Uplay-NoID
04-11-2016, 02:28 PM
For those that are curious, ubi uploaded dreadful crimes to the steam database Thursday

https://steamdb.info/app/456770/

Now we just need to wait until the unlock date and time.

Uplay-NoID
04-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Dreadful Crimes are Live on Steam!

TaylorBlakeH
04-11-2016, 05:32 PM
WOW I paid over 600 which works out around $900 :eek: $379 that is incredible for a card as ridiculously powerful as these... and I've seen gtx 970's around $340 to $350... the price of a gtx 970 and 30 bucks for a gtx 980 ti SC+ .... I'll have to get you to do my buying for me ;)

Not if you're in the EU!!! They'll sodomize both of us on VAT alone...... I had to learn that lesson the hard way, by the way. I bought a reference 970 here in the US for $379 and sent it to friend in France as a gift. Not only did the shipping cost $100 alone, but my friend gets a lovely notification from the postal service that she must go to the post office and pay another 150 before she could even pick the item up. That's what I call a shakedown..... Just for having something shipped from the US to the EU, they decide that they can magically "determine" the value of the item, and charge an arbitrary 20% tax on it.... They looked it up too. They charged me right at 20% of $400 which was the value of the item. All to promote trade within their own country...

EggPawn
04-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Dreadful Crimes are Live on Steam!

The truly are now available. Yet,does anyone know, if the DLC is still free for those, who own a Season Pass?
Or do I need to purchase on my own?

grod4L
04-11-2016, 06:50 PM
Nope, it's not included in the season pass, you have to buy it separate

Bakemono-kun
04-11-2016, 07:36 PM
LOL. Ubi need more gold.

TaylorBlakeH
04-11-2016, 07:52 PM

That's ****ey...... $30 for a season pass and we got Jack the Ripper and just a handful of the same style missions in the Last Maharaja and they don't include Dreadful Crimes?? What in the hell is the point of a season pass..... Seriously..... They're milking it BADLY. They aren't releasing a new AC this year; I understand this.... But Dreadful Crimes was there from the beginning so it should have been season pass included. If they REALLY want to make more money off of this game for the year since they won't be releasing a new game, they should make some new content. It's that simple.

You would also think that after spending all of the effort making these entirely new cities and worlds, that they'd want to get the most out of them instead of scrapping them each game.... Why don't they make some ACTIVE updates and DLC to the existing platform to keep getting use out of the lovely environments they create?? Like GTA.... That game is always getting new stuff and doesn't get old because of it. ALready the Division is getting new features and gameplay elements. Why can't they do this with Assassin's Creed, as big as the franchise and the world is, and as popular as the game is.

strigoi1958
04-12-2016, 03:40 AM
That's a good point about using the city again. I love Syndicates London and as Primal uses Far Cry 4's map and is brilliant.... I'd be very very happy if a new game used Syndicates London or even a huge DLC sequel would be great... Evie and Henry Green would be amazing.

OxIdOAC
04-12-2016, 04:46 AM
Yeah, it seems that Season Pass owners have to buy Dreadful Crimes. 4,99€.
Consoles got it for free. So, what's the point of season pass then?
I think i'll skip it... I'm done with this game. Uninstalling...

Thanks, but NO THANKS, Ubisoft...

Anykeyer
04-12-2016, 08:04 AM
Exclusive games are OK, it takes effort to develop for another platform. But exclusive in-game content is BS and you know it.
Pirates could play Dreadfull Crimes for weeks before its official release. Somebody repackaged Copernicus DLC for ACB and made it available for free long long ago. But ofc its not available on PC in a legit way.
The only ones who Ubisoft screws with this crap are paying customers and themself. Only publishers who care little for their image do this.

OFFXIII
04-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Hi Assassins -

What about Xbox? Will we get dreadful crimes? I've searched for answers to no avail.

Going4Quests
04-12-2016, 03:53 PM
?????

I bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate *gold edition* as a pre-order (aka full price) on Steam. And Dreadful Crimes isnt free??

TaylorBlakeH
04-12-2016, 05:23 PM
?????

I bought Assassin's Creed Syndicate *gold edition* as a pre-order (aka full price) on Steam. And Dreadful Crimes isnt free??

No, and PLEASE... Teach ubisoft a lesson and NEVER EVER purchase a special edition of a game from them again. You paid $30 extra to have the world "Gold" in your game's title and that's it. They 100% double crossed you by not including all game content in your edition and making you pay for it. $5 isn't a ton of money, but it's a matter of principle. If you give them, nearly $100 up front to get the most "complete" edition of the game they offer to ensure you get all content, they shouldn't insult you by asking you for more money when they release content that was there from the beginning months later on your platform.

strigoi1958
04-12-2016, 06:36 PM
Exclusive games are OK, it takes effort to develop for another platform. But exclusive in-game content is BS and you know it.
Pirates could play Dreadfull Crimes for weeks before its official release. Somebody repackaged Copernicus DLC for ACB and made it available for free long long ago. But ofc its not available on PC in a legit way.
The only ones who Ubisoft screws with this crap are paying customers and themself. Only publishers who care little for their image do this.

As I said in my original post... the dreadful crimes was a promotional tool to help generate sales for PS4's It was never designed to be part of the season pass. Everything I paid for, everything I was told to expect I have received. Now... access is offered to an extra DLC that at no time has been mentioned as being part of the season pass. It is available to all owners of Syndicate. If exclusive games are OK because it takes time and effort to develop on different platforms then I think it safe to assume that time and effort was spent to develop the dreadful crimes DLC and as such it should be worth something and not just expected to be free with a package that did not include it previously.... The price isn't much but perhaps a 25% discount for season pass owners would be nice.

@OxldOAC I don't think consoles got it for free. I don't know if Xbox will even get it. As far as I'm aware PS4 owners got it without paying for it but I assume Sony paid for it instead when they made an agreement with Ubisoft. To me, it is no different to when I buy a new graphics card and Nvidia or AMD give me free game codes... other people don't complain I get the game free but undoubtedly Nvidia and AMD have had to pay for those codes the same as Sony.
I think people have been asking/ demanding that this DLC was released on PC and xbox and now it is here on PC people want it for free. :(

OxIdOAC
04-12-2016, 07:51 PM
@strigoi1958, you got point there, DC was never a part of a season pass, but it somehow kill's the season pass point for me...
Anyway, as i said, i'm done with ACS and moved to another game..
Have fun with DC

raetiacorvus
04-12-2016, 08:04 PM
As I said in my original post... the dreadful crimes was a promotional tool to help generate sales for PS4's It was never designed to be part of the season pass. Everything I paid for, everything I was told to expect I have received. Now... access is offered to an extra DLC that at no time has been mentioned as being part of the season pass. It is available to all owners of Syndicate. If exclusive games are OK because it takes time and effort to develop on different platforms then I think it safe to assume that time and effort was spent to develop the dreadful crimes DLC and as such it should be worth something and not just expected to be free with a package that did not include it previously.... The price isn't much but perhaps a 25% discount for season pass owners would be nice.

@OxldOAC I don't think consoles got it for free. I don't know if Xbox will even get it. As far as I'm aware PS4 owners got it without paying for it but I assume Sony paid for it instead when they made an agreement with Ubisoft. To me, it is no different to when I buy a new graphics card and Nvidia or AMD give me free game codes... other people don't complain I get the game free but undoubtedly Nvidia and AMD have had to pay for those codes the same as Sony.
I think people have been asking/ demanding that this DLC was released on PC and xbox and now it is here on PC people want it for free. :(

The probability of Dreadfull Crimes having been cut out into a separate dlc just to be PS4 exclusive is probably very high. AC:U already had similar missions included in the main game, so it was planed for AC:S probably for the beginning. But true those are just assumptions and not valid for these. Still, those thought linger in the back of my head and i feel betrayed by ubisoft (again) for making this a paid dlc. This was the last of many letdowns by ubisoft in regards of the AC series for me.

Anykeyer
04-12-2016, 08:45 PM
As I said in my original post... the dreadful crimes was a promotional tool to help generate sales for PS4's It was never designed to be part of the season pass. Everything I paid for, everything I was told to expect I have received. Now... access is offered to an extra DLC that at no time has been mentioned as being part of the season pass. It is available to all owners of Syndicate. If exclusive games are OK because it takes time and effort to develop on different platforms then I think it safe to assume that time and effort was spent to develop the dreadful crimes DLC and as such it should be worth something and not just expected to be free with a package that did not include it previously.... The price isn't much but perhaps a 25% discount for season pass owners would be nice

You confuse me with someone else. I have no major problems with it not being included in my season pass. Ofc I would like to have it for free (who wouldnt?) but its not my point. SP's description clealy states full list of included content and DC isnt in it.
But I have problems with availability and exclusivity. Game content is not some sort of commodity. All parts are important to create an experience. The original "full" ACS is very dull thanks to its repetitive missions and lack of gameplay variety. Those missions could help if they werent cut just to make some easy fast money. Sony didnt pay for the extra content creation, I wont ever believe in such fairy tale. They paid for disabling it on competitors platforms, to make gamers regret their choce, hoping to sell more of their crappy HTPCs marketed as game consoles. And Ubisoft, like always, was happy to oblige. They try so hard to be the next EA it stinks.

strigoi1958
04-13-2016, 03:13 AM
Unfortunately game content IS a commodity which is why it costs $2500 to buy a top of the range ship in star citizen, it is why rockstar sells shark cards with in game money so people can buy exclusive homes, yachts, aircraft and cars. It is why people on Facebook pay hundreds of dollars each week on a $2 game like battle pirates so they do not have to wait to repair ships. I love Syndicate and DC will not make me change my mind on that regardless of how I rate it. I'm not sure it would change your opinion either so in theory it has saved you $5/ €5. unless you buy it and like it and then you got good value.

Also DLC included with the season pass is often released at a later date. The last Maharaja was only released a few weeks ago and this follows it quite closely. Even if it had been included in the SP it might not have been released until now anyway so not really exclusivity :) unless you can prove it was available to be included in the PC version at release.

It doesn't matter if sony negotiated for extra creation or delayed exclusivity... they still paid. In business a company should always make the right financial decision. Over the years there have been too many good game companies disappear so I'm glad that someone's doing good business for Ubisoft.

Plus, for all we know there may have been a decision to shelf missions like DC in Syndicate before Sony negotiated a deal... and that deal made DC possible not just for PS4 but Ubisoft may have insisted that it could not be permanently exclusive... you don't know, I don't know so it seems unfair to decide and condemn without considering all possibilities.

The problem is, people make an assumption and jump to a conclusion and then make a judgement based entirely on what we do not know...;)

Anykeyer
04-13-2016, 09:59 AM
Surprise, I dont play F2P games with gameplay-relevant content unlocks or plain cheats hidden behind paywall. Cosmetics - fine, gameplay turned into mindess grind unless you pay big money and then pay more - big NO. And Im not alone.
Content created after release is a different kind. It often expands the game in which all gameplay elemets are already in place (unless it was just cut to be released later). Releasing a complete and bugs-free product "when its done" and not a buggy mess with cut content distributed throughout different editions and platforms. That is good business. Thats how big PC publishers go on for decades accumulating millions of loyal and happy customers. And on the other hand we have publishers like Ubisoft. With half-dead milked franchises, unrealistic deadlines producing unplayable games at release, managers taking bribes from retailers and platfrorm makers bc they themself dont believe in hitting projected profits otherwise (from sales alone), hilariously low PC sales.
LOL, Ubisoft's business isnt good. They chose to follow fast money. Ofc its easier and very tempting to get money from platform maker than building customer relatons. After all its hard to tell exactly how much those relationships will affect your current and future produt sales.While platform maker gives you fixed sum here and now. You know? If you think your customers are idiots then sooner or later only idiots will be your customers. Ubisoft greatly underestimates the value here. One example, Fallout 4. Despite all the criticism this single-player only game with 0 online features and no DRM whatsoever accumulated more than 3 millions sales on PC. Syndicate with a lot more expensive marketing, tons of trailers flooding everywhere and agressive online integraton into single player (its only goal is to reduce piracy though non-DRM ways) got 10 times less. In other words you need another 9 Syndicates to hit the same profits level, much more if you consider expenses to make so many games. And ofc Fallout 4 has only 1 edition with all the content in it. its CE is old school with only phisycal items difference.

strigoi1958
04-13-2016, 01:55 PM
Exactly my point... your biased perception of Ubisoft makes you assume they are guilty of anything you consider wrong without knowing anything. You have no proof that DC was ever going to be part of Syndicate, you have no idea whether it was cut from release or was going to be a DLC later if at all so you are making a guess and deciding on it. :)
I'm going to toss a coin and if it comes up heads the defendant is guilty and tails is innocent... oh wait it will probably be heads so I will not bother ......guilty :)

Fallout 4 got a lower rating than Syndicate and I saw more televised adverts (commercials) for that than I saw for Syndicate. I got all the information about Syndicate that I needed without a single spoiler but virtually nothing about Fallout 4 except advertising. Would it have got that many sales if it had been open and showed trailers and gameplay?

Users state exactly the same points (and more) against fallout 4 that you raise against Ubisoft so as I see it it is just individual choice. Fallout 4 has story lines that require luck to trigger them, it has lip sync problems and numerous bugs and people complaining about graphics quality, but it was/ is a good game to me because the trivial things others find life altering are nothing to me and do not affect my enjoyment of a game.

Syndicate for me has been hugely entertaining, surpassed my expectations and good value for money. As you obviously didn't get as much enjoyment it has given you a different perspective.
and as this thread has gone so far off topic maybe it can be closed.

Anykeyer
04-13-2016, 04:39 PM
My "biased" perception is their own doing. Thats what I was saying. Ubisoft has its own good side, but I suspect it comes more from their lower management staff and developers teams, at least they respect their own work and try to fix as many things as possible before Ubisoft HQ shuts live support team and reallocates everyone to another annual project.
I dont need any solid proof about the DLC. All I need is a common sense and evidence from the past. You have to be a complete moron to think otherwise. Its that simple.
Talking about Fallout, it got higher rank from the actual owners. In this case you have to take into account a huge army of Black Isle and Obsidian fanboys, they will always be angry, no matter how good the game is. Also Fallout got enough gameplay demo coverage on E3, besides basically all Bethesda games are the same, I mean you know exactly what to expect from them, so I dont know what u r talking about.
Dont forget that Fallout is a huge massive game, easily able to grab 300h of your life just to exlore the whole map. And yet not a single time I had a game breaking bug. Ofc someting always slips through QA, its inevitable. But ACS had obvious and impossble to miss (especially for nvidia title) MFAA bug right in its 1st location. Despite a whole month delay, which makes me think treir PC QA has very few or very lazy testers. And here's another difference. Some publishers continue to update improve and maintan their games for years. Prime examples would be Valve and Blizzard, they update games released 5, 10 years ago. Recently Blizzard patched Diablo 2, 15 (!) years old game. No, it wasnt a paid re-release ("re-make"). They just patched the game for free to imrove compatibility with modern PC and especialy Macs. Bethesda's live support isnt that epic but it lasts for a least 1 year and doesnt automatcally ends with the last DLC release like Ubisofts. Right now they beta test new features and addons. Where is ACS live support now? Shut down ofc, this game is already dead as far as Ubisoft is.concerned. Just like any other AC before it around the same time.

MnemonicSyntax
04-13-2016, 07:21 PM
So I had this thing typed out and surprise, surprise, it wouldn't allow me to post it.

This is ridiculous, if true, that Dreadful Crimes isn't part of the Season Pass. Ubisoft has been doing so well lately. Making up for the Unity debacle, having Syndicate be an amazing game all around, and then they go and do this.

Between terrible, shoddy communication between it's customers, both on the forums and in Support, and any chance to do a money grab.. and for what? If you were going to use my money to improve yourself, then sure, I'd be down. But you're not. You guys make Triple A titles and have a BBB rating of A+ yet you treat your customers like we're dunces, F students, or four letters that start with S and smells like poop.

And this forum? It's a cesspool of trolling and spam and stupidity. You ask a question and people respond with trolly answers in some attempt to be clever.

Why do I even bother. You guys got my money and now you want more of it. For some extra playtime that is basically the same ten missions or so, over and over again.

Ubisoft, you guys are really disappointing, and amount to nothing but garbage. FFS.

RVSage
04-14-2016, 04:14 AM
Guys only support for dreadful crimes has been added, it is yet to be out on PC, you can see it store, even if you buy it , it won't likely show up. There is still no confirmation if it is part of season pass or not, Let's wait and see

MnemonicSyntax
04-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Guys only support for dreadful crimes has been added, it is yet to be out on PC, you can see it store, even if you buy it , it won't likely show up. There is still no confirmation if it is part of season pass or not, Let's wait and see

https://gyazo.com/f98e179c5a3006593e01dd7eda2c3f08

It says released on April 11th. I'm not sure how much more crystal you can get from the word "released" unless that now means something completely different.

florkenstein
04-14-2016, 02:31 PM

well i have the season pass and they took my $5 anyway so i guess it's not included. i'd be happy enough though if i could actually play the thing ;)

daigotsumax
04-14-2016, 04:32 PM
I can see the Magnifying Glass, finally!

It works!

MnemonicSyntax
04-14-2016, 05:55 PM
Yep, and still not paying for it.

Ridiculous.

RVSage
04-15-2016, 04:28 AM
https://gyazo.com/f98e179c5a3006593e01dd7eda2c3f08

It says released on April 11th. I'm not sure how much more crystal you can get from the word "released" unless that now means something completely different.

Apologies I own the game on Uplay, It is bad then. Not buying, I have the season pass