PDA

View Full Version : Blood Wolf DEAD glitch

roastbeefjowels
02-29-2016, 09:02 PM
Ok guys, this has gotten extremely frustrating. I know about the "unkillable" wolf glitch and how someone figured out how to kill him by throwing a bzerk shard at him to fix it.

I have a different problem. My white wolf is dead. I killed him and was killed by other wolves when trying to tame him. Now all I can do is skin him an unlimited amount of times. Yes, I have fast traveled back and forth. Yes I have slept to a different day and tried again. Yes, I played other missions in hopes it would work itself out. NO, none of that worked and ALL other missions are now glitched. I do not care as much that I do not have the white wolf or that the mission is incomplete but what makes it a game breaker is that I cannot do any other missions until this is fixed or resolved. If I goto any other missions it just keeps informing me about the last wolf leader. The clues and blood trails you track to do anything on this game are all gone until I complete the wolf mission. Has anybody fixed this yet or found a way around it?

PLEASE DO NOT POST ABOUT THE GLITCH THAT WON'T LET YOU KILL HIM!

Every time I look this up the subject changes to the people that can't kill him ...which is a totally different glitch and has already been solved. Please help get THIS particular problem resolved so I can continue to play the game...please.

Did I mention not to bring up the fact you cannot kill your wolf? IT'S ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED. This problem has not.
Thanks

pilferk
02-29-2016, 09:51 PM
I'm in the same boat, with Bloodfang. I beat him, on a ridge...and he fell down, over the cliff, to the floor below. Now, all that's left is a dead sabertooth tiger..which I can skin, and thats it. It completed the mission, I get the experience for it..but I have not tamed him. And on the "summon beasts" screen, it tells me that I need to complete the Bloodfang Sabertooth Beast Master hunt to tame the beast.

I, too, have travelled to and from the site, rested til different times of day, etc. Quest does not "respawn", and it looks like I won't be able to summon that beast, ever.

Seems like a glitch they need to address. If the animal "dies", it seems to break things.

Greig91
02-29-2016, 10:08 PM
@pilferk Same boat with the Scar Bear here. It fell into the water, "mission complete". Now I have no way to tame it.

Hopefully this gets patched somehow :/

pilferk
02-29-2016, 10:19 PM
Rather than wait for Ubi..I had only been playing about 2 hours, or so, today, and had a PS plus save uploaded from last night, after I wrapped up. I'll give up the 2 hours, today, to not deal with the glitch. I restored (and moved the "broken" save game over to ANOTHER USB drive). And now that I'm forewarned, I'll make sure I back up my saves to USB BEFORE each of the beast hunter missions. Sucks, but it's better than the alternatives.

UbiBooma
02-29-2016, 10:30 PM
^^ thank you both for this. As you expressed, roastbeefjowels, this is a more unique glitch than what has been typically reported. If you give our support (http://support.ubi.com)team a detailed account of what's going on here, they will be able to better document, investigate, and resolve the issue.

roastbeefjowels
02-29-2016, 10:48 PM
^^ thank you both for this. As you expressed, roastbeefjowels, this is a more unique glitch than what has been typically reported. If you give our support (http://support.ubi.com)team a detailed account of what's going on here, they will be able to better document, investigate, and resolve the issue.

Thank you for the quick reply. I do apologize though, I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean? Do you want a more detailed account of what happened then what I wrote in my post or do you want me to copy it and send it elsewhere? Also, how is this issue being resolved and what is the expected time table? Thanks in advance. #wenja

hoppy_da_gnome
03-01-2016, 02:16 AM
Thank you for the quick reply. I do apologize though, I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean? Do you want a more detailed account of what happened then what I wrote in my post or do you want me to copy it and send it elsewhere? Also, how is this issue being resolved and what is the expected time table? Thanks in advance. #wenja

I would not call this a 'unique' glitch. This occurred to me today on the blood wolf and blood sabertooth. Only the scar bear worked properly. I have tried fast traveling away, running back - still dead animal. Still stuck quest. Still broke game! :( I am not entirely sure what the problem is, but this is not uncommon as I have noted a number of other forums complaining of the exact same situation. PCs can fix their own through manual control - but for consoles, we rely on the developer. Will there be a fix for this any time soon?

Madruktheone
03-01-2016, 03:08 AM
i posted a thread last week about this and I also submitted a ticket in which they told me that the devs are looking into this. No estimated time for a fix and was told to keep looking at the support website for an update. I sent a screenshot to them showing the wolf dead with the waypoint on it. The last pack leader ran off from me and died and no work around works. I guess we just have to wait for them to fix it.

Hope this helps a bit

roastbeefjowels
03-01-2016, 01:45 PM
So I got back on lastnite and tried to find ways to fix this issue on my own and I was unsuccessful however I think I did find a possible temporary solution for some of us. If you already completed all the other hunts it obviously won't help but here is what I'm talking about.

After going back to the dead wolf near the pool and trying everything I could think of I left and did another mission. Just like before it still shows the wolf information on the HUD. I was just about to turn off the game then I decided to try something. I still had the scar bear hunt to do so I went to do that. As soon as I started it the proper instructions for the bear appeared on my HUD. This was the first time that has happened since the wolf so I went through the hunt and when I got to the final fight I made sure it was done exactly right. This hunt actually worked right and I got the scar bear.
Now to test if this helped I went and did a main mission. To my surprise it actually worked. The HUD now shows what I am supposed to do for that mission again. Now I can actually play the game like before.
Please keep in mind this did not fix the glitch, it just activated the system to move past it temporarily. I am still afraid to go back to the wolf in fear that it will happen all over again and I do not have anymore hunts to do this process again so for now I am going to finish playing the game without the wolf. Hopefully they findout a way to fix this issue soon so I can go back and do it again but until then it appears I can forget about it for awhile. I hope this helps some of you but like I said, unless you have another hunt to do this information is useless since the other missions don't effect it. Let me know if this works for anyone else or if anybody else found a different way for people that already completed the other hunts. It doesn't appear we will be getting any help from the devs until they decide to release a patch...and those usually take awhile.

DaDreadd
03-01-2016, 02:55 PM

Seems this Bug is NOT so unique...I got the same problem. Wolf got killed by my sabre tooth, floated up in the air and came back down to lay there dead. I can keep skinning it but the quest won't complete and the objective msg stays on the screen no matter what I do. Hopefully this gets fixed quick and w don't lose hours of game play.

roastbeefjowels
03-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Seems this Bug is NOT so unique...I got the same problem. Wolf got killed by my sabre tooth, floated up in the air and came back down to lay there dead. I can keep skinning it but the quest won't complete and the objective msg stays on the screen no matter what I do. Hopefully this gets fixed quick and w don't lose hours of game play.

Did you try to do a different hunt like I did? Because although this is not yet fixed you can still play the game without it notifying you of the wolf the entire time by completing a different hunt and ignoring the wolf until the patch is sent in. Its not a solution but you can continue to play the game this way....but if you don't have anymore beasts to hunt then it won't work obviously.

DaDreadd
03-01-2016, 03:20 PM
So I got back on lastnite and tried to find ways to fix this issue on my own and I was unsuccessful however I think I did find a possible temporary solution for some of us. If you already completed all the other hunts it obviously won't help but here is what I'm talking about.

After going back to the dead wolf near the pool and trying everything I could think of I left and did another mission. Just like before it still shows the wolf information on the HUD. I was just about to turn off the game then I decided to try something. I still had the scar bear hunt to do so I went to do that. As soon as I started it the proper instructions for the bear appeared on my HUD. This was the first time that has happened since the wolf so I went through the hunt and when I got to the final fight I made sure it was done exactly right. This hunt actually worked right and I got the scar bear.
Now to test if this helped I went and did a main mission. To my surprise it actually worked. The HUD now shows what I am supposed to do for that mission again. Now I can actually play the game like before.
Please keep in mind this did not fix the glitch, it just activated the system to move past it temporarily. I am still afraid to go back to the wolf in fear that it will happen all over again and I do not have anymore hunts to do this process again so for now I am going to finish playing the game without the wolf. Hopefully they findout a way to fix this issue soon so I can go back and do it again but until then it appears I can forget about it for awhile. I hope this helps some of you but like I said, unless you have another hunt to do this information is useless since the other missions don't effect it. Let me know if this works for anyone else or if anybody else found a different way for people that already completed the other hunts. It doesn't appear we will be getting any help from the devs until they decide to release a patch...and those usually take awhile.

Saw this so I decided to try something else. Since I had to do my last main missions with a messed up HUD I didn't think it could be fixed but the "Help Wenja" missions do the same. It WILL NOT FIX HUNT BUG but at least the HUD goes back to normal and you can keep exploring and doing side missions without the annoying Hunt objective on the screen. This is temporary also but I hope it helps.

x VooDooCat x
03-01-2016, 04:17 PM
Ok guys, this has gotten extremely frustrating. I know about the "unkillable" wolf glitch and how someone figured out how to kill him by throwing a bzerk shard at him to fix it.

I have a different problem. My white wolf is dead. I killed him and was killed by other wolves when trying to tame him. Now all I can do is skin him an unlimited amount of times. Yes, I have fast traveled back and forth. Yes I have slept to a different day and tried again. Yes, I played other missions in hopes it would work itself out. NO, none of that worked and ALL other missions are now glitched. I do not care as much that I do not have the white wolf or that the mission is incomplete but what makes it a game breaker is that I cannot do any other missions until this is fixed or resolved. If I goto any other missions it just keeps informing me about the last wolf leader. The clues and blood trails you track to do anything on this game are all gone until I complete the wolf mission. Has anybody fixed this yet or found a way around it?

PLEASE DO NOT POST ABOUT THE GLITCH THAT WON'T LET YOU KILL HIM!

Every time I look this up the subject changes to the people that can't kill him ...which is a totally different glitch and has already been solved. Please help get THIS particular problem resolved so I can continue to play the game...please.

Did I mention not to bring up the fact you cannot kill your wolf? IT'S ALREADY BEEN RESOLVED. This problem has not.
Thanks

Finally someone has the same thing happen in their game ..... so irritating

roastbeefjowels
03-01-2016, 04:23 PM
Saw this so I decided to try something else. Since I had to do my last main missions with a messed up HUD I didn't think it could be fixed but the "Help Wenja" missions do the same. It WILL NOT FIX HUNT BUG but at least the HUD goes back to normal and you can keep exploring and doing side missions without the annoying Hunt objective on the screen. This is temporary also but I hope it helps.

That's interesting because the day before yesterday, when this happened to me, the first thing I did was try a 'help wenja" mission and it didn't make mine go away. I just tried the scar bear hunt the next day because its a similar mission as the wolf (beast hunt). If that worked for you I'm glad but if your reading in and it didn't work try a hunt if you have one left.

nicksc14
03-02-2016, 01:28 AM
I had the same problem but with the scar bear. I killed him and it wouldn't let me tame him (he fell in the water after dying). The mission won't refresh. I hope they fix it. :/

VirtualTeo2H
03-02-2016, 10:20 PM
I'm in the same situation with the wolf.. Frustrating

roastbeefjowels
03-05-2016, 02:37 PM
So I'm still stuck Ubisoft!

Why have you not released an update for this yet? The game has been out for 2 weeks now and its still broke. That's terrible to release a broken game and leave it like that for this long.

The "help wenja" missions do temporarily get the wolf hunt off the HUD but as soon as you go to do an important mission it comes back and you have no clue what your supposed to do next.

I expected a patch or update by now...what gives here? Please don't wait until you have 30 other things to add before you fix this. Take care of this VERY IMPORTANT and NOT UNIQUE issue before spending time on a bunch of little improvements. This is getting ridiculous.

badadams81
03-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Found this lovely glitch today that has me stopped in my tracks. Like roast beef said, this needs to be addressed ASAP.

Assassin7017
03-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Same thing happened to me. I was following the quest line and tracking down the last wolf. As i reached the wolf it ran away so i followed. Got within a few feet of the wolf and it did some weird jump and fell on the floor. Quest told me to tame before the wolf recovered but all i could do at this point was skin him. Didn't even make contact with the wolf....

Going to try doing the scar bear hunt as suggested above and hope it semi solves the issue of being 15 hours deep, village maxed out, nothing left to craft and not being able to carry on the missions. How such a game breaking glitch can be within a game this late after release is madness but its what ive come to expected from ubisoft.

UbiBooma
03-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier this week. I've had some painful medical issues and was out sick for a bit.

What I meant in regard to this bug being unique is that for most encountering this issue, workarounds have helped to resolve it. If workarounds aren't working for you, the issue seems to be more problematic. And for that reason, it's best that you submit a detailed report to the support (http://support.ubi.com)team. We as community managers and representatives do not have the means to document and investigate detailed technical issues, which is why we direct you to support when these issues arise. Hopefully this makes sense.

-Booma

jegino
03-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Here is
a detailed report to the support (http://support.ubi.com)team.: The blood wolf is bloody dead!

I have fast travelled back and forth. Nothing. I have reinstalled. Nothing.The wolf remains dead by the paws of my tiger. So now I am left with two options:
1) Restart the game, which is not going to happen after 30 hours of playing.
2) Load up an older save file, which is not going to happen thanks to Ubisoft´s "unique" save system.

Thank you Ubisoft for your continued effort to release broken games! This will probably be my last, though.

roastbeefjowels
03-07-2016, 09:40 PM
Hi guys,

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier this week. I've had some painful medical issues and was out sick for a bit.

What I meant in regard to this bug being unique is that for most encountering this issue, workarounds have helped to resolve it. If workarounds aren't working for you, the issue seems to be more problematic. And for that reason, it's best that you submit a detailed report to the support (http://support.ubi.com)team. We as community managers and representatives do not have the means to document and investigate detailed technical issues, which is why we direct you to support when these issues arise. Hopefully this makes sense.

-Booma

So you, an employee of Ubisoft, are asking us to submit a report to...Ubisoft? You see these posts. You know there is a massive issue here that could cost the company millions, yet you are just here to reply and that's it? Are you a mute secretary? I do not understand. This issue is obviously a known problem by now. What I would appreciate you doing is to either give us information on how and most importantly when this issue will be resolved. If you do not know this, and you work for the company, how is it you do not have anyone to ask internally and then comment. During your time out nothing here has changed. Just a ton of people that feel ripped off and nobody giving them any helpful information.

badadams81
03-08-2016, 11:07 PM
So you, an employee of Ubisoft, are asking us to submit a report to...Ubisoft? You see these posts. You know there is a massive issue here that could cost the company millions, yet you are just here to reply and that's it? Are you a mute secretary? I do not understand. This issue is obviously a known problem by now. What I would appreciate you doing is to either give us information on how and most importantly when this issue will be resolved. If you do not know this, and you work for the company, how is it you do not have anyone to ask internally and then comment. During your time out nothing here has changed. Just a ton of people that feel ripped off and nobody giving them any helpful information.

Well they told us to open a ticket so I did in which they kept asking me if I understood there were 3 wolves. Once I finally got them to understand the issue they had me send videos and screen shots of everything (which I did). I've asked for a couple updates but they dont' respond anymore. .....
Oh, to open a ticket or report it I did it all on Ubisoft Support on facebook because the link they send doesn't help you at all it doesn't seem. I think the game for us may be forever broken, they don't really seem to care . . .

badadams81
03-09-2016, 11:47 PM
Hi guys,

-Booma

Sorry you were out sick. I sent detailed report with videos after chatting with your support team, they didn't respond so I emailed your CEO with the link to the forums and the support ticket. Very disappointed after throwing 30+ hrs in this.

caroberto
03-10-2016, 12:59 PM
My wolf is also dead. :/ The mission indicator is stucked, your workaround (fast travel) doesn't help either.

Perhaps you can create a quick hotfix, that the fast travel will cancel/reset any current mission. When can we expect to fix this bug/glitch, that making the game unplayable?

badadams81
03-10-2016, 07:02 PM
My wolf is also dead. :/ The mission indicator is stucked, your workaround (fast travel) doesn't help either.

Perhaps you can create a quick hotfix, that the fast travel will cancel/reset any current mission. When can we expect to fix this bug/glitch, that making the game unplayable?

Here is what I got from UBI after emailing the CEO.

There was recently an email addressed to Yves regarding the issue you are experiencing. I was unable to locate any previous contact with our Support team, however if you ever need to reach us in the future please use the link below:
https://support.ubi.com/en-US/

Simply click, “My Questions,” and select “Ask a Question” to get in contact with either a Live Agent or to create a support ticket.

We are aware of the issue you are encountering with the Snowblood Wolf. This issue has been escalated to the development team, however we would like to request your PS4 save file for further investigation.

Please use the steps below to provide the requested file:

1. Navigate to Settings
2. Select Application Savedata Management
3. Select Save Data in system storage
4. Select Copy to USB Storage Device

Now with the Save game file on the USB you will want to transfer to a computer and use Winzip, Winrar, or 7zip to compress the file into a .zip.

Once complete, please upload this .zip file to the ticket and we forward it over to the development team.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Wolf_Within
03-11-2016, 08:48 AM
My wolf is dead too. I noticed someone said their tiger killed it, which I think is what happened to me. Maybe it's a glitch that happens when your pet depletes its health instead of you? Really hoping they patch this soon cause there's no way I can restart the game at this point. Opened a ticket, will post any updates here. Unhappy. :mad:

jegino
03-15-2016, 01:51 PM
With todays update I was again able to hunt the snowblood wolf and tame it. Issue has been fixed!

Thank you!

PaddyBaptiste
03-16-2016, 01:18 PM
With todays update I was again able to hunt the snowblood wolf and tame it. Issue has been fixed!

Thank you!

Thanks for the Update, (My support question seems to have vanished!)

I will give it a try and see if this is fixed for me as well!

Paddy.

-----edit-----

This sorted on Xbox now. I got back to the body, and the option to tame him was available...

UbiBooma
03-17-2016, 07:41 PM
Is anyone else still having this issue since the patch? Or is it completely resolved for everyone?

PaddyBaptiste
03-20-2016, 10:37 AM
Is anyone else still having this issue since the patch? Or is it completely resolved for everyone?

Fixed for me on Xbox.

Wolf_Within
03-21-2016, 09:02 AM
Mine's fixed. Got my adorable gore-splattered puppy.