PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about solo build from MMO perspective- found out DPS/Skill power worked best

MajorKovac
02-28-2016, 03:48 PM
Hello,

So many people focusing their builds on DPS and Stamina. Deal more damage over time and survive more damage over time, while having almost zero skills damage and crappy self-heal. After experimenting a little with friend I have found out that hybrid of DPS/Skill Power worked best for solo plays. And you are not squishy thanks to effective HP you get.

I think that for solo build in my opinion BURST damage will be the biggest meta when people start to get better at game and figure out Stamina doesn't protect from High Skill Power damage which can be HUGE (and we didn't have that many Skill Power gear).

BUILD IDEA:

Skills: Solo-> Sitcky Bomb (BFB mod), First Aid (Overdose or Bustershot).
Skills: Duo-> Sticky Bomb (BFB), Turret (active sensor) or Seeker (airbust). We consider you buddy has First Aid here.

Maximizing Skill Power gives you better EFFECTIVE HP than Stamina build with low Skill Power. You Effective HP is as hight or almost as hight as their while you do same DPS and have MUCH MUCH bigger burst damage than them.

What is EFFECTIVE HP?

It is your Health pool considering things like heal power and HP regeneration. So not only flar HP number but also amount of HP you can provide youself at any point, summing it up.

For example I had about 3,5k HP while most Stmina builds had around 6k on average. But with super high Skill Power I was able to heal myself for almost full HP with First Aid skill. That brought my effective HP to about 6-6,5K (3,5K HP plus ~3k heal).

While in the same time I was able to one-shot people with Sticky Grenade or bring them to tiny bit of HP.

LITTLE TESTS

I experimented a bit with my friend who had typical DPS/Stamina build while I had my DPS/Skill Power build.

When dueling I was able in first second bring his HP to almost 1/10th with one Sticky Grenade. Then he used his super low First Skill to bring himself up to like 1/5 of HP. Then we went DPS with weapons on each other (about same DPS, I had little less I think) with Liberators. I was able to gun him down each time before he could kill me. I was left with around 1/3rd of HP.

Next time same test but me with SMG and him with Liberator. Still I won since when my HP got really low, I used my Heal and brought myself to almost full HP, while DPSing him down.

FINAL TOUGHTS

I think as in any other MMO game- burst damage will be in the end king for killing. Combining that with HIGHT self heal for effective HP- you are deadly machine.

I combined my DPS/Skill Power hybrid with heavy burst sniper rifle and AR. With combo of Sticky Grenade-Greande-Sniper Rifle or just Sticky-Sniper Rifle I was able to insta-kill group of 3-4 man people, while at the same time healing myself to full with one skill.

Of course this buikd suffed against other high Power Skill builds who can one-shot you or Sniper build who can one shot kill you. HOWEVER any other build (unless full tank with Shield) can be one-shoted with high Power Skill build and I saw in YT videos sniper headshot crit damage for about 24k so not even Stamina build would leave with that :D.

That is just my opinion but from my MMO experience effective HP and burst damage will top in the end DPS and high HP pools.

In my opinion you do not need hight HP pool if you can get super high self heal which can almost fully restored your HP. And I think I will be able to bosst it in full game to fully HP recovery.

Sorry for lack of better numbers or data, but that was just a simple testing, I didn't intend to do some hard tests so didn't write down any numbers etc., it was just friends fun. But I decided to write my impressions about it. It was only BETA so it might in the end be different story. Just my few cents.

Cheers :)

Opinions?

Meister.G
02-28-2016, 04:30 PM
In the beta my sniper hit for 2200 headshots 3300 crits. I felt in the beta the only stat that mattered was hitpoints. I ended up with about 5k dmg, 5k health, 1.5k skill power. However, If I could change my build it would be more along the lines of 3.8k dmg, 7k health, 1.5-2k skill power. I agree skill power is important but having any less than 5k hitpoints is not good enough at level 8. You have to be able to survive a clip from an assault rifle.

I posted a video talking about my sniper build. The link below starts the video at the time showcasing the damage.
https://youtu.be/BMGAKmbgz_4?t=2m15s

The problem with your logic is the fact that people have burst. If you can't survive the initial burst than there is no point in having a heal that can bring you back to full hitpoints. When solo the worst is when someone starts the fight blasting you to hell. If you end up just dying than those skill power points were meaningless.

However, we will need to test out endgame to fully understand how the game is balanced. Having more skills can def make your ideas work better.

Eagle42
02-28-2016, 05:59 PM
Instead of running BFB for sticky bomb for the solo build do you think airburst seeker mine would be a good alternative?

MajorKovac
02-28-2016, 06:28 PM
In the beta my sniper hit for 2200 headshots 3300 crits. I felt in the beta the only stat that mattered was hitpoints. I ended up with about 5k dmg, 5k health, 1.5k skill power. However, If I could change my build it would be more along the lines of 3.8k dmg, 7k health, 1.5-2k skill power. I agree skill power is important but having any less than 5k hitpoints is not good enough at level 8. You have to be able to survive a clip from an assault rifle.

I posted a video talking about my sniper build. The link below starts the video at the time showcasing the damage.
https://youtu.be/BMGAKmbgz_4?t=2m15s

The problem with your logic is the fact that people have burst. If you can't survive the initial burst than there is no point in having a heal that can bring you back to full hitpoints. When solo the worst is when someone starts the fight blasting you to hell. If you end up just dying than those skill power points were meaningless.

However, we will need to test out endgame to fully understand how the game is balanced. Having more skills can def make your ideas work better.

As I said, this build is squishy for other Power Skill builds and snipers. However keep in mind I was able to one-shot every DPS/Stamina build, and almost one-shot my friend very hight stamina build (more than 8k/9k HP for sure, can't really remember as I didn't wrote down any numbers, sorry). So If I can one-shot those who can't one shot me- that is good deal. Bursting full clip on me with AR is longer than blasting enemy with quick Sticky Nade.

Also while you hit me with AR/SMG/Pistol/Semi auto, I have time to pop my First Aid. However you do not have time to pop your First Aid if I insta kill you with my stick-nade, right?

Sniper are different story but you can build sniper that can OHK Stamina builds also so that is not like big problem for me.

This build is your typical assassin build- high risk, high reward. Beinf squishy for burst damage but dishing out enough burst damage to insta kill group of enemies.

Keep in mind that I had some blue gear with only couple of purpules since there was not enough Skill power/DPS gear around so I think I can go higher at realease. I could easly 1 shot 10k HP players with perfect gear for DPS/Power Skill.

My playstyle is always TTK>Surival. I prefer to kill faster than live longer ;). But effective HP with First Aid makes it really good at surviving.

This build is especially great when you play solo Rogue. Try to pick one or max two players- so your timer is 89-120 sec MAX. Blast them with Sticky-Semi auto combo and then you can run and with powerfull First Aid you are always full HP. Really liked that :)

Instead of running BFB for sticky bomb for the solo build do you think airburst seeker mine would be a good alternative?

I don't think so. While airbust is good it is too slow. You need to deploy seeker mine, wait for it to find targets ,detonate and then let fire finish work. I prefer being able to have tool that:
1. Does more damage
2. Is targetable AOE, so you basicely can use it as grenade launcher.
3. You can pop it as soon as CD is over, fast, aim and blow instead of much longer Seeker
4. You can set traps with it which was really good when I was hunting Rogue players. Set up sticky on their way, throw grenade, BUM! No Rogues :D.

Seeker is awesome if you are in duo and your other guy is medic/security, since he gives you covers and heal you and you have ABSOLUTELY DEVASTATING sitcky grenade + seeker mine airbust combo. It just wrecks people. Send Seeker, do initial burst with Sticky, if they survive in next second Seeker explodes and set them in fire :D Delicious.

If you want to build for Skill power solo sticky plus first aid is best combo imo. Other combo is DPS/Stamina build with Pulse and First Aid, but then I would build for sniper.

Of course we wait for more skills! But for now I find those combos best.

Razor__Fox
02-29-2016, 02:05 PM
in the closed beta i just equppied whatever had the highest armour stat and ended up with a very similair build. was VERY effective, I was getting whole groups down to a sliver of health wit hthe sticky and healing my team more effectively than they healed themselves. I was squishy yeah but I didn't feel particularly vulnerable for it. I found high skill power is good for the flashbang mod as well as it didnt last to long on players for my friend, but mine was lasting for several seconds longer, giving me an edge.