PDA

View Full Version : Controversial Content... ??? was this done on purpose ?

Udowannano
02-25-2016, 03:02 AM
http://1drv.ms/1LdNyYe

Not that there is anything wrong with it.... but I was a little shocked to see this when I walked out of a cave I had been exploring

Xeromaus
02-28-2016, 05:58 AM
...in 2016...or 1932.....I'm not sure when you mean.

Tustanuxo
03-02-2016, 01:01 PM
Meh the rules prevent me from making a very clever pun. :rolleyes:

<sarcasm on> But yes this is way more shocking than a corpse being repeatedly mauled and bashed in by a frustrated member of the Udam tribe.....:confused: <sarcasm off>

liam_faye
03-03-2016, 02:08 AM
I don't get it, what is so controversial about this? All I see is a gay couple...

vic_must_play
03-03-2016, 11:38 AM
As others have stated this is a culture not yet oppressed via the fostering of victorian style values. Speaking of which some people online getting too excited about any breasts on display in the game need to think again. If you want to show a different culture you need to show the differences also some of the similarities. WIth the same gender couple mentioned an attempt is probably being made to suggest that in some ways our ancestors were no different to us as in a mixture of beliefs, attitudes and preferences rather than just stereotypical grunting half apes as too often portrayed. I am glad this game begins to push away the simplistic idea that our ancestors were somehow terribly less sophisticated and complex people than us. I think civilisation gives itself far too much credit compared to tribal people - they had a system that worked for many generations - we have a hashed together mess that is destroying our environment. I also think it is wrong to think they were too primitive when it comes to technology with the materials they had they were master craftspeople. That is why perhaps the combat in Primal is a bit too simplistic and the weapons a bit too limited although it is still a great game.

eternalsoul201
03-12-2016, 07:01 PM
looks like the guy could be hurt and they both look alike so i'm thinking could be his brother, looks kinda of gay though.

eternalsoul201
03-12-2016, 07:07 PM
As others have stated this is a culture not yet oppressed via the fostering of victorian style values. Speaking of which some people online getting too excited about any breasts on display in the game need to think again. If you want to show a different culture you need to show the differences also some of the similarities. WIth the same gender couple mentioned an attempt is probably being made to suggest that in some ways our ancestors were no different to us as in a mixture of beliefs, attitudes and preferences rather than just stereotypical grunting half apes as too often portrayed. I am glad this game begins to push away the simplistic idea that our ancestors were somehow terribly less sophisticated and complex people than us. I think civilisation gives itself far too much credit compared to tribal people - they had a system that worked for many generations - we have a hashed together mess that is destroying our environment. I also think it is wrong to think they were too primitive when it comes to technology with the materials they had they were master craftspeople. That is why perhaps the combat in Primal is a bit too simplistic and the weapons a bit too limited although it is still a great game.

BS by far men where much stronger in the past "YOUR A D*CK" ,,,, no one is talking about vic_must_play as a caveman, as a man ur ***** would know what you want

UbiBooma
03-12-2016, 08:04 PM
I'm trying to piece together what is controversial about this clip. I think I understand, but there is a great deal to unpack here which a forum member who isn't a Ubi representative should probably do that. Me weighing in at all may be inappropriate (sorry, hovering supervisors or CMs), but this very interesting and I'd like to do so gently and briefly.

Here is a Wikipedia page titled History of Human Sexuality:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_human_sexuality

and

History of Homosexuality Wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_homosexuality

But keep in mind that nothing in the clip suggests the two men are sexually or romantically involved. They could be brothers, or friends. Perhaps the object of controversy is a presumed social norm that heterosexual men are not allowed to be in physical contact under any condition unless engaged in violence against one another. I'm not sure the archaeological or anthropological record would suggest that this social norm is a human universal.

vic_must_play
03-12-2016, 08:38 PM
Strange I was just going with the original posters obvious thoughts on the matter and talking about diversity and stereotyping not my individial preferences if that makes me a d*ck then I am happy to be one.

Funny thing is how people judge stuff through their own little private filter of perception: none of us see exactly the same thing - we interpret - that is actually pretty cool if you think about it. Agreed it could just be one person helping a fellow or it could be a matter of affection - to any degree - my point is that whatever the story is it should not be controversial it is just life and diversity in action and I would have walked right by without making such a big fuss. I also saw a mixed sex couple in the game being what I assumed was romantic they were Izila and civilians and got all fearful when I stumbled on them but again not a big deal just a cool little insert that adds atmosphere and makes these folks seem more alive doing everyday stuff. My point is why get so excited about the issue at all. In addition the posters comment about was it deliberately put in... of course someone thought it was a fun, or interesting, or broadening to include this scene it did not magically happen it was coded in.

As to the people in the past being stronger that I would imagine remains a matter open to deep debate. Even the word strong could apply to so many things from more sturdily built to more emotionally stable - not convinced that woudl always be true.

Ureh
03-12-2016, 11:36 PM
In some societies, even to this day, it is normal for two men to show deep affection and friendship for each other by holding hands or embracing or whatever in public. When the chill of winter threatens us, do we complain about whose body is pressed against us? When our back is tired and we have nothing to lean on, is it not out of the ordinary to lean on others. When a dying person needs cardio pulmonary resuscitation, does someone just ignore it because they don't want their mouths to meet? In prehistoric times, is it impossible to believe that two allies must form a deep and trusting bond if they want to even stand a chance against a sabertooth tiger? Humans can't survive alone, you'll either go mad or die... maybe both. Today we know it as Bromance.

There are plenty of photographs out there depicting friends and brothers who physically lean on each other, and rely on one another. This is something that not everyone has the privilege of experiencing in their entire life. And what if it's more than just a friendship? In the Far Cry Primal universe the humans evolved overtime, they were animals once, at the bottom of the ecosystem and must rise to the top. So if Far Cry is saying that humans were animals and we know that there are other species that have intimate relationships with the same gender...doesn't that mean it is within the nature of all living things?

And finally if anyone disagrees with everything... then let's talk about beastmasters, magical rituals, resurrecting animals, powerful badgers, and being able to heal ourselves on the fly too.

omdunor
04-03-2016, 04:13 PM
http://1drv.ms/1LdNyYe

Not that there is anything wrong with it.... but I was a little shocked to see this when I walked out of a cave I had been exploring

If nothing is wrong,why bother with such a RIDICOULOUS thread ?

HorTyS
04-13-2016, 06:59 PM
prolly against terms to post it here, so i'll just say search youtube for a vid called "Cavemen discover a new thing"

hahaha... "this changes everything"

RogueSurvivor
05-06-2016, 01:27 AM
It's a ****ing video game