PDA

View Full Version : Badgers won't spawn

pacmanate
02-24-2016, 08:02 PM
Hi!!

After 18 hours of game time, running around in badger locations, I've only ever come across 2! Granted, I killed them.

I need to tame one so I can kill it and steal its skin for my hut, then revive it again.

Does anyone know a good spawn location?

WhiteFlagofWar
02-24-2016, 08:05 PM
Hi!!

After 18 hours of game time, running around in badger locations, I've only ever come across 2! Granted, I killed them.

I need to tame one so I can kill it and steal its skin for my hut, then revive it again.

Does anyone know a good spawn location?

First of all, that's brilliantly horrible. I'm totally doing that next chance I get. ;)

Secondly, their spawn jumps around very erratically, which makes them rather difficult to catch up to. I've had my best luck finding them just to the right of the...um..red area on the left side of the map. Not totally familiar with the names yet haha, but follow the cliffside and you *should* find some..occasionally.

Foregotten1
02-24-2016, 09:13 PM
Im at a spot now just south of the campfire (way-point) closest to the Stripe Wolf spawn locations where I have seen 3 badgers, 2 jaguars, 2 dholes and 1 striped wolf. Also seen a white deer run off near this area before all those things attacked me. An this white coat deer leaves a yellow trail..

Doubt that helps much other then these badgers spawn randomly (did not show up on minimap as an orange dot) and are quick to be aggressive and hit like a truck so if your looking for 1 go pet free..

pacmanate
02-24-2016, 10:08 PM
First of all, that's brilliantly horrible. I'm totally doing that next chance I get. ;)

Secondly, their spawn jumps around very erratically, which makes them rather difficult to catch up to. I've had my best luck finding them just to the right of the...um..red area on the left side of the map. Not totally familiar with the names yet haha, but follow the cliffside and you *should* find some..occasionally.

Thanks for the help!

Also its a brilliant way to get skins, and there is an Achievement linked to doing it.

Im at a spot now just south of the campfire (way-point) closest to the Stripe Wolf spawn locations where I have seen 3 badgers, 2 jaguars, 2 dholes and 1 striped wolf. Also seen a white deer run off near this area before all those things attacked me. An this white coat deer leaves a yellow trail..

Doubt that helps much other then these badgers spawn randomly (did not show up on minimap as an orange dot) and are quick to be aggressive and hit like a truck so if your looking for 1 go pet free..

Hmm, okay, thanks for the help!

Also going pet free helps a lot, the thing im trying to skin either runs away or gets into a fight.

Foregotten1
02-25-2016, 08:10 AM
Hey Pac, do you know where the Leopard is hiding at on the map, havent only 1 I need other then the last 3 =/

Plutonium Bug
02-25-2016, 10:38 AM
So I had this same idea but then with the rare black lion.
Finally found one tamed it, killed it, skinned it, no skin repeated 6x no skin so need to find another and they are really rare as I only found one in ages of wondering around in the area.
As far as the badgers go I discovered that they are only there during the day they will disappear at night as bigger predators take their spot.
To find badgers go by sound their sound is very distinctive and easy to hear.
Hope that helps and hope for you that the trick with tamed animals work!
Maybe because the lion is legendary it doesn't work

pacmanate
02-25-2016, 12:06 PM
Hey Pac, do you know where the Leopard is hiding at on the map, havent only 1 I need other then the last 3 =/

Yes! Its way up north in the mountains to the north west of the map.

So I had this same idea but then with the rare black lion.
Finally found one tamed it, killed it, skinned it, no skin repeated 6x no skin so need to find another and they are really rare as I only found one in ages of wondering around in the area.
As far as the badgers go I discovered that they are only there during the day they will disappear at night as bigger predators take their spot.
To find badgers go by sound their sound is very distinctive and easy to hear.
Hope that helps and hope for you that the trick with tamed animals work!
Maybe because the lion is legendary it doesn't work

Thanks for the help! Finally got that bloody badger. Also couldn't skin it cause it revives itself. Luckily for some reason I was surrounded by 3 badgers so I got the skins I needed!