PDA

View Full Version : Can't earn XP on Xbox One...

Synthesthesia
02-24-2016, 04:09 AM
My XP bonuses have disappeared from my skills menu, every time I kill an enemy or complete a mission, nothing pops up. I'm stuck on 3/4 of the points I need for the last skill to finish them off. This is the last achievement I need and I can't do anything because no XP is being earned.

I don't have any missions to earn a skill point or I would have just done that, I used my last one just before to see if it would kick the XP back into gear, all it did was take me from 2 skill points to 3 :(

Any solutions?

Ubi-Stature
02-24-2016, 10:39 AM
Hi there, Synthesthesia,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you've ran into this issue.

Can you confirm if the issue continues when you reload the game/your save?

Synthesthesia
02-25-2016, 02:21 AM
Hi there, Synthesthesia,

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry to hear you've ran into this issue.

Can you confirm if the issue continues when you reload the game/your save?

I tried quite a few things. I tried reloading, I tried changing difficulty, I tried adding settlers, getting the next tier of collectibles for masks, hand stones, bracelets etc. I tried quitting the game, completely restarting my Xbox one... Nothing worked.

I don't have the game anymore, so I can't do anything else with it. But I just thought you should be aware of this bug since it's quite a big one, not just for XP but in terms of labelling what you've done (Headshots, takedowns etc).

cskiller86
02-25-2016, 07:57 AM
Hello,

After reaching maximum level, you no longer gain XP from any actions.

In order to gain enough skill points to learn every skill, you have to complete some side quests (they have orange icons on the map).
Complete all side quests that reward you with skill points (those that say "Special: 1 Skill Point").

Ubi_Jax
02-25-2016, 11:04 AM
In addition to making sure you've completed all side quests, please also ensure that you've gathered all the collectibles in game.

Also note, if you're currently on an Legendary Hunt mission, please be sure to complete it as some missions appear in the area the hunt was taking place.

Thanks.

Synthesthesia
02-26-2016, 09:05 PM
Hello,

After reaching maximum level, you no longer gain XP from any actions.

In order to gain enough skill points to learn every skill, you have to complete some side quests (they have orange icons on the map).
Complete all side quests that reward you with skill points (those that say "Special: 1 Skill Point").

I don't have any of those left. I said that in my replies... I can't get anymore skill points, and I can't earn XP...so what am I supposed to do?

In addition to making sure you've completed all side quests, please also ensure that you've gathered all the collectibles in game.

Also note, if you're currently on an Legendary Hunt mission, please be sure to complete it as some missions appear in the area the hunt was taking place.

Thanks.

I completed all side quests, and every other mission in the game and I wasn't going to collect every single collectable for no reason. They weren't adding XP and as far as I'm aware they don't award you skill points so I don't see how that helps.

UbiBooma
02-26-2016, 09:55 PM
I don't have any of those left. I said that in my replies... I can't get anymore skill points, and I can't earn XP...so what am I supposed to do?

I completed all side quests, and every other mission in the game and I wasn't going to collect every single collectable for no reason. They weren't adding XP and as far as I'm aware they don't award you skill points so I don't see how that helps.

Just to confirm - you've completed the Bonus Mammoth Missions and Legendary Hunt Missions?

The technical team is asking if folks running into this can post screenshots of:

-Main menu showing current progression
-Map
-Skills Menu
-Village Menu

Don_Tres
02-27-2016, 12:08 AM
I did everything in the game and got the same problem, and also in my case expert wenja is unobtainable because of one missing skill point (I have 3 and need 4 for the last izila ability unlock) the last trophy I need to unlock to get the platinum one.

And also in my case the experience bar is disappeared in the ability menu and everything I do gives me no more experience.

We need help guys!

Don_Tres
02-27-2016, 12:12 AM
I forget to say that I'm playing on PS4 so the problem is not only on Xbox One

Ubi-JollyCharly
02-27-2016, 03:14 PM

Hello Synthesthesia,

the thing is that completing some missions will unlock a new mission that will award you with the missing skill point.
This is why we are advising you to finish all the side quests :)

JollyCharly

tinmeigut
02-27-2016, 03:46 PM
Hello Synthesthesia,

the thing is that completing some missions will unlock a new mission that will award you with the missing skill point.
This is why we are advising you to finish all the side quests :)

JollyCharly

If I understood Synthesthesia correctly, he had completed all missions, main and secondary, so it would be impossible for him to get any new quests. All he had left was the collectibles, and unless collecting them all would unlock new missions, there were no other ways for him to get the remaining skill points.

CyanideJay
02-27-2016, 04:48 PM
I have finished all the side quests and completely finished the story. Currently I have 1/2 skillpoints required for my last talent and at this point the XP bar vanished upon gaining the last one. I now have effectively no way to gain xp or another skill point. I've finished the story, but also finished all the side quests, the only thing I haven't completely finished yet is nabbing up all the collectibles and I'm resting at 98/18x. I really am frustrated, I'll accept that the issues I had in my other thread in regards to the other achievements was on XBOX side of the problem, but this one is on Ubisoft :(. Please help, I'm honestly more confused about why the xp bar just vanished and the game assumed I was completely done with it......please help :(. I ran around for awhile killing dudes, finishing up the side quests I still had left (None of which had bonuses for bonus talent points), grabbed enough collectibles in each category for another "reward" to ensure that it wasn't a hidden talent point there maybe. But I'm just frustrated at this point, enough to quit the game as I already have to start over for the achievements that didn't pop for defending the village against the Udon (Spearproof), but also for Dead-Eye, Mister Fix-it, and Gray Huntress. I had accepted that it was going to be my loss on that, but now I'd literally have to do every single thing in the game all over again and HOPE that it doesn't do this to me again for Master Wenja....is there a solution coming for this?

Ubi-JollyCharly
02-27-2016, 07:05 PM
If I understood Synthesthesia correctly, he had completed all missions, main and secondary, so it would be impossible for him to get any new quests. All he had left was the collectibles, and unless collecting them all would unlock new missions, there were no other ways for him to get the remaining skill points.

Hello tinmeigut,

I prefer to make sure, as it might look like all missions are done, when some remain hidden (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1397637-Sayla-s-story-incomplete) and you need to look around to unlock them.

I have finished all the side quests and completely finished the story. Currently I have 1/2 skillpoints required for my last talent and at this point the XP bar vanished upon gaining the last one. I now have effectively no way to gain xp or another skill point. I've finished the story, but also finished all the side quests, the only thing I haven't completely finished yet is nabbing up all the collectibles and I'm resting at 98/18x. I really am frustrated, I'll accept that the issues I had in my other thread in regards to the other achievements was on XBOX side of the problem, but this one is on Ubisoft :(. Please help, I'm honestly more confused about why the xp bar just vanished and the game assumed I was completely done with it......please help :(. I ran around for awhile killing dudes, finishing up the side quests I still had left (None of which had bonuses for bonus talent points), grabbed enough collectibles in each category for another "reward" to ensure that it wasn't a hidden talent point there maybe. But I'm just frustrated at this point, enough to quit the game as I already have to start over for the achievements that didn't pop for defending the village against the Udon (Spearproof), but also for Dead-Eye, Mister Fix-it, and Gray Huntress. I had accepted that it was going to be my loss on that, but now I'd literally have to do every single thing in the game all over again and HOPE that it doesn't do this to me again for Master Wenja....is there a solution coming for this?

Hello CyanideJay,

We are very sorry to hear that you are having some issues with the game.
As it has been mentioned today, I would suggest you to complete all the side missions, collect everything you can collect, as some action in-game unlock new mission with the remaining skill point.
In any case, we forwarded the issue to the devs team, and we will let you know as soon as we have more information.

JollyCharly

CyanideJay
02-27-2016, 07:52 PM
Yep no side quests left to do at all, those area ll completely done, and I'm almost 100% on collectibles now.....I loved the game and all, I'm just really frustrated that I ran into two issues. I wasn't upset as I figured oh once I hit the last talent and pop that I'll just restart to mop up, but now I can't even do that without some type of update or cleanup to be done to pop the achievement now :(.

Ubi-JollyCharly
02-28-2016, 06:48 PM
Hi CyanideJay,

We are very sorry your experience has been tainted by such bugs. Be assures that we forwarded the issue to the devs team, and will let you know as soon as we have more information.

JollyCharly

bxcrdmz
02-29-2016, 04:25 PM
I'm having the same issue on PS4.

SuperLamo
02-29-2016, 06:14 PM
and I have the same question about the PS4.

Gooderz123
02-29-2016, 06:29 PM
Hi, I have completed all side quests and all the quests which give one skill point, i am now unable to progress with xp any further with any activity as the xp bar and bonuses has dissappered. I am unable to obtain the expert wenga trophy and have the same bug as reported by others.

liquidyeah
02-29-2016, 08:00 PM
Hi CyanideJay,

We are very sorry your experience has been tainted by such bugs. Be assures that we forwarded the issue to the devs team, and will let you know as soon as we have more information.

JollyCharly

I haven't beat the game and came across the same glitch. I still have plenty of side missions.... and noticed for a while that I haven't been awarded any skill points or XP for completing side missions, attaining collectables, hunting, beast kills or killing any enemies in my last 5 hours (or more) of play time. My experience bar is non existing.

I'm currently setting the game aside till they patch this. It's very upsetting knowing that I did not receive anything in return for doing all those things I just mentioned. I should have completely learned every skill by now if it wasn't for this.

Jumpy_SWE
03-01-2016, 01:17 AM
I haven't beat the game and came across the same glitch. I still have plenty of side missions.... and noticed for a while that I haven't been awarded any skill points or XP for completing side missions, attaining collectables, hunting, beast kills or killing any enemies in my last 5 hours (or more) of play time. My experience bar is non existing.

I'm currently setting the game aside till they patch this. It's very upsetting knowing that I did not receive anything in return for doing all those things I just mentioned. I should have completely learned every skill by now if it wasn't for this.

I'm also forced to put the game aside for the exact same reason. I don't want to play any more if it's just going to leave me with unattainable skills in the end.

I've also got a bunch of missions (main & side) left to do, but since I'm not gaining any more XP and seeing as the XP bar is also missing, I'm afraid to venture on any further into the game. I've got 30 skill points saved up (for when I unlock the Batari and Ull skills), but that's still going to leave me a few skills short.

Some of you guys were talking about gaining skill points when completing certain missions (not by earning XP), which missions would do that? If that's true, those missions might hold the remaining skill points I need to unlock all skills. I'd require a more definite answer/post before risking it.

--- EDIT ---

Never mind, I made a copy of my save file and decided to keep playing to see if I could gather enough skill points to unlock everything. The last two side missions which awards skill points spawned after I had completed the "Bloodtusk Mammoth" mission in the north. So, by my count I should now have all the skill points required.

pcverden
03-01-2016, 02:54 PM
Got the same problem here on PS4, just finished the entire game 100%. Not a single location (?), orange mission, collectible or main story mission left. And yet I still lack 1 skill point to finish the Expert Wenja trophy. Like many its the only thing left for the platinum trophy.

Darth_Shadow87
03-01-2016, 09:06 PM
Im having the same problem as many others. i can't obtain and xp to get skill points:confused:. Im playing on the xbox one version and my account is xmrxshadow if anyone can help fix this problem. thank you!!