PDA

View Full Version : Best way to setup character?

LoneSomeWolf24
02-22-2016, 03:28 AM
hey everybody i've been playing The Division beta for a while just like everybody else and I have a few questions for all of you.
I am wondering how does everybody setup their character as in DPS, Health and skill power? Like me I have Primary DPS: 3,534 Secondary DPS: 3,366 and sidearm DPS: 1,976 Health: 6,857 Skill power: 944. I am wondering if I should run a high health moderate DPS or high DPS moderate Health or try to average both of them out.

LatNWarrior
02-22-2016, 07:43 PM
hey everybody i've been playing The Division beta for a while just like everybody else and I have a few questions for all of you.
I am wondering how does everybody setup their character as in DPS, Health and skill power? Like me I have Primary DPS: 3,534 Secondary DPS: 3,366 and sidearm DPS: 1,976 Health: 6,857 Skill power: 944. I am wondering if I should run a high health moderate DPS or high DPS moderate Health or try to average both of them out.

I like to up my health, then DPS, skill power is last. My style of playing is cover, shot and snipe while using sticky bombs and turret to draw or eliminate the enemy.

powdernitz
02-23-2016, 01:13 AM
when in the dz i maxed out my dps to around 4500 with my police m4 and my health about the same 4300ish... with technology pretty much irrelevant. being able to put someone down in a head to head fire fight with my assault rifle faster proved key in the dz. health's not irrelevant, but i definitely think i could have gone lower on health and higher on my tech. the sticky grenade and turret are so much more powerful that way. and in pve the turret and grenade are so key to putting down the npcs faster if you're outnumbered. and the tech can be key in taking out rogues or protecting your exfil of loot.
dps most important
then prolly health
then tech

Carthalion
02-23-2016, 04:56 PM
by only adding a few points in the Electronics stat it boosted the dmg for the sticky bomb from 4000 to 7500. Once we have access to the talents and perks Electronics might be better than health in some cases because some perks on wpns trigger on skill use, there's an overheal skill so you could have temporary hps in a fight that trigger a boost to something on skill etc. (I sprinted that whole sentence)

Also boosting electronics had a big impact on turret hps...not so much damage, but I used it for suppressing fire and distraction.

Elite-Firesky
02-24-2016, 05:48 AM
I managed to take a screenshot of my stats 1 hour before the shutdown, I would say Health over DPS, but also keep an high DPS, I was able to take on groups of 3 by my self as long as they were not too strong.

http://s29.postimg.org/vo1cietfa/Tom_Clancy_s_The_Division_Beta2016_2_22_11_0_6.jpg

slightly_jaded
02-24-2016, 10:18 AM
I figure it depends on how you play. If you enjoyed the skills, and can see yourself spamming them, and grenades, then focus on skill power (note skill power, not electronics). If you preferred the gunplay/ cover mechanic, then increase the firearms multiplier and watch your dps climb (those 15k headshots were a thing of beauty...Unless someone got in the road, then it was instant rogue). Lastly, every team appreciates a bullet sponge to draw agro. If you don't mind being that guy, then health, and an insane amount of armour is the best direction for you...probably with a squad support weapon, and a compensator.

Lastly, there's the forth option of building your character around a weapon with brilliant skills, and the need for certain stats. Most high end weapons fall into this category, or at least they will when signature skills unlock.