PDA

View Full Version : Ranking system? what is going on?

berlinwild
02-20-2016, 11:46 PM
]Hey.. I am very confused about the ranking system and how it works...
I just played a game with a friend (we won) and I carried it with a 12/2/2 while the enemy teams first player had 8/4/4...
But I still got downranked to silver 2 (from silver 4). I havent done horribly in my other Ranked games in the last time either.
can anyone help/ explain why I get deranked for winning?

NOTvalco
02-22-2016, 06:55 PM
Yea I think the ranking system needs to get reworked or at the very least fixed. I haven't won much of rank because I either cant find a game or people just leave or worse, team kill. So my rank isn't what I believe I should have (Bronze 2 right now). I have been playing ranked solely with a friend and only with him and we lost a match and I deranked more then him even though I did quite a bit better then him (something like 8 kills and 4 deaths with just me and him on that team). I also know that ranking doesn't depend at all on your kills (or at least extremely small) it mostly depends on your win or lose and what your rank compared to their rank was.

Ashp01
02-27-2016, 09:50 PM
I won 6 straight matches and didnt go up in rank while i was leading most of the games in kills assists and revives....i lost one game today and dropped 2 ranks....wtf

Painkiller419
03-10-2016, 03:31 PM
While I don't completely understand how the ranking system works, I do know that the rank of your opponent has a major effect on whether your rank goes up or down. If you beat a team with a higher rank than you, your rank will go up. If the opponent is lower rank than you and you lose your rank will decrease significantly. Wins/losses determine your rank much more than your K/D ratio.

chemo-GER
03-17-2016, 09:21 PM
Take a look at this and you will understand how the rankingsystem works or at least is supposed to work:

http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/projects/trueskill/faq.aspx

That R6 uses trueskill is stated in the Ranked Matchmaking FAQs ("http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1352317-Ranked-Matchmaking-FAQ-Forums)

To sum it up, deranking on a win is possible as the ranking system has to values: your estimated skill level and the confidence in this estimation. As you play more games, the confidence gets smaller, which could result in a visual derank, while the number behind the shown rank is stable or even slightly going up.

So, what is going on here? Between any two games of a gamer, the TrueSkill ranking system assumes that the true skill of a gamer, that is, μ, can have changed slightly either up or down; this property is what allows the ranking system to adapt to a change in the skill of a gamer. Technically, this is achieved by a small increase in the σ of each participating gamer before the game outcome is incorporated. Usually, a game outcome provides enough pieces of information to reduce this increased uncertainty. But, in a badly matched game (as the one described above) this is not the case; in this case, nothing can be learned about the winner from the game outcome (because it was already known before the game that the winner was significantly higher ranked than the other gamers he has beaten). So, conservatively speaking, the winner's skill might have slightly decreased! Note that this can only happen if the gamer is not matched correctly so that he can "prove" to the TrueSkill ranking system that his skill has not changed.

And one common misconception: the ranking system does not care if you aced all rounds or not, it only takes winning and loosing into consideration and modifies this with his expectations (i.e. the average skill levels of the players on both teams)

eviQnine.
03-20-2016, 10:23 PM
i win 30 wins from gold 4..and i am still winning and i am gold 4 for ever.

Joe Fedz
04-28-2016, 07:46 PM
I want to know if the ranks are being reset for season two?

RecklessProds
05-09-2016, 10:51 PM
Yea, before the very first update to your ranked rank (sounds weird) I got to Plat 4 and was doing well regularly with my team winning 5-6-7 games in a row each night without losing for days on end, then after the first update to the rank system (I believe it was with the first season DLC) I was on playing with my friend again and as always we were dominating the game, but then we came across one team that was just brutal with their tactics and they beat us fair an square on a 1-3, ranked me down instantly to Plat 2.

To say the least I am glad they are re-structuring the ranks each Season now, but the entire system needs to be reworked. You win 5 games and lose 1 you should not be ranked down because of it, even if it was a complete domination from the other team, make it to where you have to lose 2-3 matches in a row to be downranked, and vice versa to move forward in that progression system.

Just my two cents, it's really broken, but if the past two DLC's and the planned updates we still have to come Ubi is actually taking pretty good care of this game. So we have that going for us!