PDA

View Full Version : Help - IM A N00b!

TheFatjoint
03-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Hi fellas,

Just picked up IL2:Forgotten Battles last night, and have had a blast playing all night long.

My problems are fairly simple however. Please remember I'm a new at the game and need a few crutches...heh...

What I'm looking for is how do I turn on Icons for all aircraft, so they display at all times? and their types? I mapped my \ key for icon types, but when I press it, nothing happens.

I also seemed to be having difficulty getting 'Padlock' mode going where I can cycle to the next enemy and have an idea where he's at. I have 'Next Enemy Padlock' mapped, but it keeps going to friendlies?!

Thanks in advance...

TheFatjoint
03-27-2004, 07:26 AM
Hi fellas,

Just picked up IL2:Forgotten Battles last night, and have had a blast playing all night long.

My problems are fairly simple however. Please remember I'm a new at the game and need a few crutches...heh...

What I'm looking for is how do I turn on Icons for all aircraft, so they display at all times? and their types? I mapped my \ key for icon types, but when I press it, nothing happens.

I also seemed to be having difficulty getting 'Padlock' mode going where I can cycle to the next enemy and have an idea where he's at. I have 'Next Enemy Padlock' mapped, but it keeps going to friendlies?!

Thanks in advance...

Maxhome
03-27-2004, 08:17 AM
On your difficulty settings, just ensure you've not disabled padlock and icons.

Bear in mind for a campaign, you can only change the difficulty at the beginning (without messing about with FB files) - so if you're part way through a campaign, you won't be seeing the option to change it - but there is an option to view difficulty, check there and I think you'll see you've got these switched off.

Maple_Tiger
03-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Are you in a campaign?

If your using the QMB look at the very bottom, you should see a button that says Difficulty. Click on it and then click on Next. Look for a button that says No icons. Make shure this button is switched to the right so that the light is not on. Now you'l have icons in the QMB.

If your in a campaign right now then you will have to start the over. I think you can only change the Difficulty settings before the campaign starts and not durring.

by default i think F6 is the button for Padlocking enemy planes and F7 for enemy ground targets, but you may need to go into the Difficulty manue again and look for a button that says No padlock and switch it to the right so that the light is not on.

hope this helps.

Capt. 361stMapleTiger.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid79/p9158822c9eda67f1dd0b724a5f846229/fb18d0ec.jpg
Proud member of the FBAA and Nutty Philosohpy Club.