PDA

View Full Version : Wildlands Map Expansion?

The_OmniCR0N
02-20-2016, 11:43 AM
First off, I am very excited for Wildlands, it seems like the game I was hoping the Division would be.

I just wanted to clarify something that confused me from the E3 teaser. At the very end, the teaser shows lines leaving South America and hitting Europe and North America. Is this implying that there will be map expansions to these continents? Or is it simply showing that your actions in South America will impact the entire world.

ES-Ulukai
02-20-2016, 10:50 PM
I think the same thing as Blue says and why not others countries as add-ons like GR Desert siege or Island Thunder.

jeannaq
02-21-2016, 06:08 AM
A DLC expansion to one of the other areas would definitely be cool. It could also add longevity to single player and multiplayer, depending on how it was done. I would personally love to see a snowy area, or a full on rainy rain forest.

SuperBiscotCOT
02-21-2016, 11:18 PM
Maybe expend a little bit more to the north of Bolivia ? Peru ? Brazil ? Mexico ? .... Maybe it woul be tooo big but who knows ? :p
Seriously I would say that like Brooklyn could be a DLC for The Division, a part of an other country coul be a DLC for GRW.

Magsmp31
02-22-2016, 03:20 AM
Would love to see it in the Amazon in Brazil

ES-Ulukai
02-22-2016, 06:22 PM
The Amazon jungle yeah that would be awesome ^^

Kydd_Amigo
02-22-2016, 07:30 PM
I totally blogged about this trend! Based on Ubisoft's investor day presentation, there is a really strong sense for continuing to support a lot of their online games for a number of years. From both a business model and a fan's perspective it makes a lot of sense too. So I'd for sure anticipate DLCs/expansions! As to where, I could only guess!

Disclaimer: the above is just my opinion based on logical (imo) inference based on their presentation!

jeannaq
02-22-2016, 09:25 PM

Definitely. If we can get a jungle based area with some heavy rain that makes you move slower but also means you make less noise I would be so happy.

StealthTallyFox
02-23-2016, 12:58 PM

Ghillie suit, sheck. Suppressed sniper rifle, check. Claymores, check. now all we need is Rainstorm... I mean REAL storm(Like in MoH Warfighter)

DEATH-_DEALER-_
02-23-2016, 05:29 PM
Agreed....and just keep adding more and more areas of the globe in dlc's.

Magsmp31
02-23-2016, 09:48 PM
I would love to see the events in Bolivia have truly global ramifications. Imagine if the Santa Blanca had built a drug pipelines globally and their distributers in Africa and Asia had to be dealt with as well.

Lolssi
02-24-2016, 08:49 AM
I'd love good base game first :P

Magsmp31
02-24-2016, 03:44 PM
I'm with Lolssi on that.

Also, think about it, the reason the Ghosts are going to Bolivia is to tackle the problem at source. What are the distributors going to distribute if the Ghosts achieve their mission? They are cutting the head off the monster.

Great points both of you and of course THIS game being great is the main priority but my mind began to wander. There is more to exchange in payment for drugs then just money. Maybe conflict diamonds from Africa, NBC material, or even rare earth metals from Afghanistan/ Pakistan. I remember Desert Siege when the opening sequence said" the events in Russia echo around the world" and I'm hoping for that echo that's all. All too often, opportunities to keep a great game going are lost in the development cycle. I would like to avoid seeing a sequel that takes three or more years to arrive while we get a cheap cliffy to prolong the story. The Ghosts take care of business that what's they do. I hope that rant didn't sound too combative. I can't wait to hear more about this game.

StealthTallyFox
02-26-2016, 02:30 PM
yeah, maybe throw some links to GRFS's storyline too as that bomb that took out Predator did go through Bolivia, like maybe some random mission that doesn't show in the mini-map, and after you chase it though, you'll find a dead end with Raven Rock's logo left on that "dead end"

Magsmp31
02-27-2016, 01:05 AM
Maybe come across evidence that Bodark is Running missions in Bolivia

Dieinthedark
02-27-2016, 01:21 AM
I'm of the differing opinion here. I'd rather they just focus on releasing the game first, making a truly systemic world and getting and keeping it stable and bug free. Then we can talk about map DLC

Magsmp31
02-27-2016, 04:11 PM
I'm of the differing opinion here. I'd rather they just focus on releasing the game first, making a truly systemic world and getting and keeping it stable and bug free. Then we can talk about map DLC

Agreed but as a person who has played every Ghost Recon title since 2002, I'm excited and expect a great game already so my mind can't help but wander.

SuperBiscotCOT
02-27-2016, 08:49 PM

I think everyone here want first a finished game :)

DEATH-_DEALER-_
02-29-2016, 03:31 AM
Haha, a finished game should go without saying.

As for DLC's (whenever they release them...no time limit), opening up other countries/continents on the globe, will expand this game and keep it on top for a long time. Tying in missions from Bolivia and making new 'enemies' and 'situations' etc for the Ghost team to deal with, would be great. Special forces do not just go out doing the same thing (i.e killing drug lords) over and over and over. They have a large array of mission objectives that have nothing to do with drugs. There are so many variables it would be almost impossible to list all.

Open North & South Korea and have the ghost deploy from South K and have to go into north K to destroy nukes, and or just kill everyone they see etc etc etc.

Middle east, have the ghost team deploy and paint high priority targets for air strikes, kill everyone they see, help villages that are over run with ISIS or similar..etc etc etc..

Make missions for the Ghosts in

Europe

Africa

North America

All of south America.

Australia

Asia

All of what used to be USSR.

Adding these one at a time spacing out the content releases so they can be along the same lines as what is expected and seen for release.

Man the possibilities are endless for adding what the Ghosts have to take care of. Don't make this a 'throw away game'...keep adding content so it will be essentially like playing a new game....but just buying the DLC's instead of the dime a dozen fps garbage that keep being made and fading away. I'll keep on with private rooms with just me and a buddy or 2 on GTA V until Wildlands. UBI has deep pockets, good investors and manpower, so instead of 'mass producing' 3 or 4 more Ghosts games, add to this one.

* Making the DLC's close to or at what a new game would cost.....as long the content is similar to (size, main missions, side missions, graphics, open world/country, do whatever you want etc etc.) what is coming out with the release of Wildlands.......and even in between the 'big DLC's, smaller DLC's at a cheaper price. Adding more side missions or another part of the story line etc..

Cortexian
02-29-2016, 04:05 AM
Personally, I can't see the team expanding the map at the same scale as what will come with the original game just for DLC's. It's an open world that has taken years to create.... I doubt that they can create more massive open worlds for DLC and have it be cost effective to produce.

I would assume we get small geographical expansions to the existing map in expansions, if they intend to release DLC with more map areas at all...

SuperBiscotCOT
02-29-2016, 07:22 PM
In europe it can (IMO) be only maps of the scale of a R6 map. Small Bonus missions if you prefer.
But the game is an open world and it would "harm" to break this open universe.

DEATH-_DEALER-_
02-29-2016, 09:34 PM
Personally, I can't see the team expanding the map at the same scale as what will come with the original game just for DLC's. It's an open world that has taken years to create.... I doubt that they can create more massive open worlds for DLC and have it be cost effective to produce.

I would assume we get small geographical expansions to the existing map in expansions, if they intend to release DLC with more map areas at all...

That would be pretty sad if they do not release more DLC map areas.

Like I stated though, make the DLC's (the 'bigger ones') around the same price of the game....since it would be close to the size etc etc etc of the initial release....cost effectiveness goes out the window then. In between the 'big DLC's' offer 'little ones' for cheaper. This all is pretty much the same as making another Ghost game or Rainbow game from the ground up......why not focus that manpower on keeping this game advancing? There are teams for all the UBI games, lets see the sales numbers for Wildlands in hopes they are good, then turn to the investors and pitch the adding more countries/continents etc to this game and keep it going. I'm not suggesting DLC's monthly or every other month.......

My wants and hopes I stated are still the same, hopefully they will consider it. If a company can put out a game, surely they can add game size content to an existing game. I don't know, I'm not a dev....just a gamer.

Lolssi
03-01-2016, 10:09 AM
That would be pretty sad if they do not release more DLC map areas.

Like I stated though, make the DLC's (the 'bigger ones') around the same price of the game....since it would be close to the size etc etc etc of the initial release....cost effectiveness goes out the window then. In between the 'big DLC's' offer 'little ones' for cheaper. This all is pretty much the same as making another Ghost game or Rainbow game from the ground up......why not focus that manpower on keeping this game advancing? There are teams for all the UBI games, lets see the sales numbers for Wildlands in hopes they are good, then turn to the investors and pitch the adding more countries/continents etc to this game and keep it going. I'm not suggesting DLC's monthly or every other month.......

My wants and hopes I stated are still the same, hopefully they will consider it. If a company can put out a game, surely they can add game size content to an existing game. I don't know, I'm not a dev....just a gamer.
Would make sense since were stuck with same engine pretty much next five years anyway because of consoles.

SuperBiscotCOT
03-01-2016, 08:46 PM
Bluefox why did you said that ? Now this topic will become a real battlefield in few hours ! ;)

Lolssi
03-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Err... not wishing to start a platform war, but PC sales are a fraction of the sales of console games now (for the genres relevant to Wildlands). PC gamers are getting good games because of consoles.
And here I was trying to be positive with my comment :P
Good thing you mentioned relevant genres what ever that means. Afterall you're on the loosing side on the sales. PC game sales are expected to surpass console numbers this year. Latest Tomb Raider already sold most on PC . Why anyone would buy that game I don't know :P

UbiKeeba
03-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Can we please NOT start a PC/Console battle on this forum? It is never a respectful conversation, and I would rather it just be avoided. Different people prefer different platforms for different reasons, and they are all OK.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/96/12/e7/9612e765d245c35bd6652bdb80457dad.gif

Flaw3dGenius23
03-02-2016, 05:52 PM
If the open world is all "Wildlands" Then i think we'd need to see a small City added for DLC to break things up a bit. La Paz would be ideal.

SCAgent95
03-02-2016, 08:14 PM
I doubt we will see another country/continent,its more likely to have small "expansions" of land around the main map than anything else

Lets focus on the main game for now, DLC later ;)