PDA

View Full Version : Trials Wants You!

mattshotcha
02-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Helloooooo riders!

You might have noticed that the Trials team has a lot of Community This and Community That going on around the forums, social media and the in game dashboard. Well, that's because Trials wants you! We want to give everyone an opportunity to propose a Community tournament or suggest a 10 track Community Recommended feed.

To streamline this process and make it easier for any of you that want to participate, this thread will be the one stop you need to put your tournament or feed ideas out into the wild. Just follow the guidelines below for the specific community feature you want to take part in and post a reply right here in the thread.

Now as with anything, there is no guarantee or promises made about posting everything that passes through here and ultimately the Trials team reserves the right to select from the list and queue up entries as we see fit. The purpose of this thread is not to make promises, more to give you all a place to have your voices heard.

And with that, let's get down to it...

Community Recommended

Select 10 Track Central Tracks
The more recent the tracks, the better.
Provide a short sentence or two for each track, describing what it is you like about it and why you selected it.
List should include the track name, exactly as it appears in TC, as well as the difficulty and upload date.
Optional: A short paragraph about the theme of your track drop for use in the forum article.

Community Tournament

Provide a Tournament Title
8 tracks or less
Difficulty from Beginner to Extreme (No Ninja tracks)
Tracks must be from either the core game ( base game and DLC) or from a previous UPLAY Recommended drop
List should include the track name, exactly as it appears in TC, as well as the difficulty and upload date.

Either reply to this thread with your tournament/recommended feed details or PM them directly to me if you want to keep your picks a surprise.

That about covers everything. If any of you have any questions, feel free to post those here as well. As time goes on, we may even find a new and clever way to utilize this thread with even more community driven content so keep an eye out.

Stay awesome, riders.

purpleoozi
02-20-2016, 08:23 AM
Thread title was very misleading.

I was like "Oooo Trials wants me?" got in here, and come to find out Trials doesn't ACTUALLY want me.

Tomahog UK
02-26-2016, 07:52 PM
I put in a request for a community tournament last week. Is this still going ahead or is it not going to happen?

Morfyboy
02-28-2016, 02:20 PM
Stick me on the list for a tourney plz Matt. ;)

KALzzone8
02-29-2016, 03:18 PM
You can add me to the list too. For both things :)

Devils_Demon
02-29-2016, 05:33 PM
Meanwhile, in the Redlynx offices:

"- Hey we're running out of ideas for tournaments.
- Let's just get them to do it instead. We'll spin it as some sort of community event or something.
- Yeah that'll work.

All joking aside, the community tournaments might end up being better and more varied than before.

mattshotcha
02-29-2016, 06:50 PM
Meanwhile, in the Redlynx offices:

"- Hey we're running out of ideas for tournaments.
- Let's just get them to do it instead. We'll spin it as some sort of community event or something.
- Yeah that'll work.

All joking aside, the community tournaments might end up being better and more varied than before.

It actually requires less work for us to randomize some tournaments from a list and post them weekly than it does to poll the community, get track lists, test those track lists on different platforms, create assets and share the tournament each week.

If left to us, I would have the next six tournaments set in the time it takes me to get one Community Tournament set.

So nope, it's really about outreach and engaging with the community.

(I also realize you were kidding, to an extent, just felt it needed to be clarified anyway.)

Sandholm
03-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Really good idea! not sure yet which tracks I would put in a tournament, but I will have a look at the customs this weekend, then make a tournament!

Tomahog UK
03-06-2016, 06:19 PM
I would just like to say Thank you for publishing the UKr tournament. Feels good to get my name on the main menu of the game too. Nice one matt and the rest of the team. much apprieciated.

smithy-_-1987
03-07-2016, 01:29 PM
Did the tournament on the weekend end and not received my acorn WHYYY

smithy-_-1987
03-07-2016, 01:31 PM
I would just like to say Thank you for publishing the UKr tournament. Feels good to get my name on the main menu of the game too. Nice one matt and the rest of the team. much apprieciated.

Any idea why i received no acorn for coming 3rd n 1st ? :s

Tomahog UK
03-07-2016, 05:59 PM
Any idea why i received no acorn for coming 3rd n 1st ? :s
I think what you need to do is goto the screen where you can pick from the 3 tournaments and it will tell you at the bottom to press a button to go to tournaments that have finished. You can get your acorns from there.

Morfyboy
04-21-2016, 03:23 PM
Come on guys.. Thought this thread would have been getting filled with names..

Who's interested??

PneumaticBog484
04-22-2016, 12:16 AM
I'd love to participate! However I'm still building up a stash of tracks for a tournament. I've got a theme in mind. ;)

Morfyboy
04-22-2016, 07:17 AM
I'd love to participate! However I'm still building up a stash of tracks for a tournament. I've got a theme in mind. ;)

Check Your Twitter DM mate. ;)

ubijohnandsam11
04-22-2016, 09:29 PM
Stick me down for a community tournament Please :)

Ozy Be
04-26-2016, 04:09 PM
Nice job on the "Old Wood Trials" tournament :)
I have an idea for one and would like to stick my name in ;)

Morfyboy
05-01-2016, 09:02 AM
Don't panic if you have put your name down, and not received a reply as yet. Everyone on the list will be contacted in due course.

Thanks guys.

Morfyboy
05-02-2016, 12:38 PM
UPDATE

The next few weeks of tournaments are covered. Thankyou to all that has answered my requests, and I will still contact those that haven't received a PM from me as yet.

What we really need, is more interest/volunteers for the 'Community Recommended' Feed on the Trials Fusion dashboard.. Let me know guys if this is you. PM me if you want.

Thanks.

Morfyboy
05-18-2016, 09:40 AM
UPDATE.

Custom Tourneys are on hold for the time being..

We will still continue and concentrate with the Community Recommended as normal, unless otherwise posted.
Big Thankyou from the myself, ( Running this for the foreseeable future ) & the team for all Community members/Riders that have added their track selections so far.. Couldn't happen without you. :)

Contact me via PM if you don't want to post in here, & Feel free to reach out to me on Twitter too if that helps. Link below in my signature.

Cheers.

LIONDEN1
07-19-2018, 02:23 PM
Community tourneys dont seem to be a part of trials anymore. Our tourney was supposed to be up months ago, we just keep getting a reply saying its in the rotation, just see the same ol' tourneys up.