PDA

View Full Version : Out of Ammo?

huggy87
04-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Luthier,
Are there any chances of further improving the autopilot and timewarp features for Pacific Fighters?

One nice feature of European Air War was the straight wing autopilot. If you ran out of ammo, normal autopilot would keep you heading defenseless towards the target. So you would just point towards england and hit shift+A. You would fly home instead of following your squadron to the target defenseless. Thus, you could progress on the campaign without wasting a bunch of time.

I wish FB had some kind of autopilot like that. Does it, and I just missed it? I use autopilot a lot for transiting. It is annoying on a campaign to run out of ammo and then fly 80km deeper into enemy territory to hit some stupid waypoint.

FB is not to bad, since the front is usually fairly close. I can see it being a real problem on Pacific Fighters.

All the power to you if you enjoy flying every step of a mission. I have a busy job and two kids- autopilot and timewarp are my friends.

Thanks, Huggy

huggy87
04-08-2004, 10:32 AM
Luthier,
Are there any chances of further improving the autopilot and timewarp features for Pacific Fighters?

One nice feature of European Air War was the straight wing autopilot. If you ran out of ammo, normal autopilot would keep you heading defenseless towards the target. So you would just point towards england and hit shift+A. You would fly home instead of following your squadron to the target defenseless. Thus, you could progress on the campaign without wasting a bunch of time.

I wish FB had some kind of autopilot like that. Does it, and I just missed it? I use autopilot a lot for transiting. It is annoying on a campaign to run out of ammo and then fly 80km deeper into enemy territory to hit some stupid waypoint.

FB is not to bad, since the front is usually fairly close. I can see it being a real problem on Pacific Fighters.

All the power to you if you enjoy flying every step of a mission. I have a busy job and two kids- autopilot and timewarp are my friends.

Thanks, Huggy

huggy87
04-08-2004, 02:13 PM
bump

PlaneEater
04-08-2004, 02:36 PM
Actually, I'd like to see g-force and heat-related gun jams implemented.

Not being able to pull 8gs and still blaze away would cut down on a lot of the 'UFO' accuzations.

DONB3397
04-08-2004, 02:59 PM
If you're out of ammo and need to head home, simple use the communications commands to instruct your flight to go to the next waypoint. It will head both you and your wingman (or flight) to the next waypoint...until you're heading home. Then autopilot will deliver you to the runway.

Sequence is "tab-(flight)-9-1." Try it.

Tully__
04-09-2004, 10:51 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DONB3397:
If you're out of ammo and need to head home, simple use the communications commands to instruct your flight to go to the next waypoint. It will head both you and your wingman (or flight) to the next waypoint...until you're heading home. Then autopilot will deliver you to the runway.

Sequence is "tab-(flight)-9-1." Try it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

...not possible if you start at the lowest rank http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

=================================================

http://members.optusnet.com.au/tully_78th/sig.jpg

IL2 Forums Moderator
Forum Terms of Use (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm)

Salut
Tully

Giganoni
04-09-2004, 01:46 PM
I would like a better reinforcement system in place. I don't have AEP yet but in fb..if I call for reinforcements..and I'm on autopilot I just circle right where I called forver and help never comes. I think this would be vital in PF..say your flying in a dauntless or something and your fighter cover is getting overwhelmed, it would be nice to ask for back up and the carrier within a min or two launches some more hellcats. If your playing as the Japanese you could do something similar. Hmm, maybe FB's system does work, but maybe not enough in my eyes.

jimmyboy99
04-09-2004, 03:18 PM
yes a i agree we do need a better reinforcement system, it seems wen ever i am being swarmed by enemy planes i call for help they say they are sending them and then finally wen i get riid of the enemy i go home or wat ever and my help is parked infront of their hanger thingy. when i need help i want to see it then not at hb. ok well ya um ok well bye