PDA

View Full Version : The OTHG Meet up!

NovaDarkStorm
02-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Right guys, gals.

I thought we need to make a list to actually get this ball rolling, don't want anyone to fall behind on this and make sure it goes out so we know for definite who is coming.

Nova Dark Storm (Friday till Monday)
Pyro Phoenix (Friday till Monday)
Little Mo (Friday till Monday)
Gerble72 (Friday till Monday)
Morphyboy (Friday till Sunday)
Donna (Friday till Sunday)
Rudemod (Friday till Monday)
K2nPH (Saturday/Sunday)
UseLessUK (Friday till Sunday)
Ozy (Friday till Monday)
Ozy's Mrs. (Friday till Monday)
Booped (Friday till Saturday)
Mrs. Booped (Friday till Saturday)
ZOMBIECHOW17 (Confirmed)
Cagball (Unsure)
Blaze Jp (Confirmed)
Shakey Claret (Friday till Sunday)
Dean09 (Friday till Monday)
Izzy Barbour (Friday till Monday)
elCamsterino (Confirmed)
JetArtois (Saturday/Sunday)
V8 JEDI (Confirmed)

Ok that's the list so far, I've put unsure next to the names to just make sure I know who and who isn't going to Blackpool wether it be personal issues or not I just want clarification before I book it. As we all know we wouldn't like it if we were the owners of the place then people don't turn up or don't say they're coming last minute.

Also put in the maybe option just so that I know there is more than a possible outcome too on this, but this doesn't still mean a yes...

If there is anyone I've missed, I apologise. There are variables on who is taking who, any way we can process this and the dates will be roughly around, the Friday 22nd of April this year till the 24th Sunday or 25th Monday, if anyone can't make it we can try and set everything around to suit everyone as best as we can.

These are just rough dates but we are only 2 months away from this date so the sooner we sort this, the sooner I can book in for cheap places, and remember we are not guarenteed to all get in at the same hotel, although it would be nice if we could.

Please sign underneathe and confirm you're coming, if not then I will remove you from the list. But at least this way I know I can book the hotel(s) this way.

-----------------------------------------------

Right we got the main stuff down here, but now we need to sort out who is picking up who.

Blaze is getting picked up by Jedi and they will head up to us.

I am coming up with my missus, if anyone needs picking up I can come across and do so, I think I will be picking up Rude on the Friday at Chesterfield as K2 is coming on the Saturday now. *I think*

---------------------------------------------------------

Friday till Monday

4 Double Rooms (4 Double Beds)

Nova and Pyro
Gerbs and Mo
Ozy and Christine
Dean and Izzzy

1 Triple Room (3 Single Beds)

Rudemod
Blaze Jp
V8 Jedi

Friday till Saturday

1 Double Room (Double Bed)

Booped and Mrs. Booped

Friday till Sunday

1 Double Room (Double Bed)

Morphy and Donna

1 Twin Room (2 Single Beds)

Shakey Claret
Useless UK

Saturday till Sunday

Twin Room (2 Single Beds)

Jet Artois
ZOMBIECHOW17

Single Room (1 Single Bed)

K2nPH

Needs to be updated on the last rooms need to be split as K2nPH wants a single room so will set Jet and Zombie for a twin room for the Friday.

These are all the rooms that need to be sorted, I've rang up the hotel and it's 25 quid a head with breakfast, all checked in for having breakfast so if everyone is happy with paying the extra fiver for breakfast then all is good, the times for breakfast is 8:30 till 9:30.

If anyone doesn't want breakfast then just let me know, if you want to be fussy that is and make it a pain in the kiester for me. ;)

The triple room will be a bit cheaper so I managed to swindle discount on the 3 single beds for you guys. *Thumbs up*

This is at The New Ocean Hotel, link is below if you want to see, have a look at the hotel.

http://newoceanshotel.com/

Deposit is at 40 pounds so it's 2 quid a piece from you are and rest is paid on the day when we arrive there.

Arrival Times

Nova, Ami & Rude (Should be about 12ish)
Ozy and Christine (9-10PM)
V8 Jedi and Blaze (7:30PM)
Morfy and Donna (4:30-5:30PM)

gerble72
02-19-2016, 02:46 PM
gerble72 and littlemo12 should be ok to go :)

Morfyboy
02-19-2016, 03:39 PM
Myself and the missus are good with these dates.. That depends on Dons back problems if she goes though.. Otherwise YES!!
;)

k2nph
02-20-2016, 03:23 AM
Hi Guys & gals: I will be there at some point but this is obviously dependant on developments at home.
at the moment its looking good for me arriving on Saturday morning, as i'm on nights on Friday but free after that.
Whatever happens at home I will be in Blackpool definitely at some point that weekend, even if I have to drive up & then have to rush straight back.

LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS :)

*** It may also be wise if we have a back up plan for getting those that I'm taking up,(rudy & ????) to blackpool.
just in case theres any unexpected dramas my end.

TheBlazeJp
02-20-2016, 07:18 AM
You can mark me as a for sure nova

I know I'm not othg (30?) for another 2 and a half years, So I get flagged for that!
Jedi came on my stream and asked if Id be up for it. He was a bit drunk I think but I took it as an invite!
Had plenty of chats with Morf recently too, He mentioned It to me initially and said I should definitely come along.

So I guess I'll trek it from Bournemouth!
Whether that be by car if Jedi decides to come, or by Train, I'll be there.

Signed the OTHG sign up thread also

As a UK meet up I wouldn't want to miss it for the world.
I'm always keen to meet more awesome community members

:)

Ozy Be
02-20-2016, 09:46 AM
Jedi came on my stream and asked if Id be up for it. He was a bit drunk I think
yep sounds legit haha, Welcome Blaze :)

roughly around, the Friday 22nd of April
2 months off yet ;) I have a cunning plan, I be back :cool:

Morfyboy
02-20-2016, 10:00 AM
Jedi came on my stream and asked if Id be up for it. He was a bit drunk I think but I took it as an invite!

Hehehehe.. This is why we need Rich' to come to Blackpool.. He's certainly a character i want to meet with.. I see there would be loads of laughs and shenanigans.. :)

@K2. Awesome mate.. an original OG.. :).
Good to see people are really making an effort for this to happen..

Really looking forward to this guys..Let us make it something special..

gerble72
02-20-2016, 11:40 AM
ooh ozy has a plan I like the sound of that :cool:
wow the blaze coming too :)
its going to be so amazing just to meet the gang
I hope @joeregular finds his way too :)

ok for me personally this is an adventure I have never been the type of person who does this sort of thing
plus me and mo have never been away anywhere by ourselves so I am so glad this is happening
and really looking forward to meeting you all

too put icing on the cake would be amazing if someone from redlynx happened to appear too :)

Rudemod 69
02-20-2016, 12:51 PM
Lol Gerb, a cunning plan from Ozy-anything could happen. :D

This really going to happen? Going to be great to meet you guys n gals. Acquainted with Sir Barry and DnB Mod and they aren't too bad....really. :D

Blaze and JEDI need to get their arses in gear. Hopefully Ozy's cunning plan comes off.Joe, everyone, and anyone is welcome.

Nov I may have a glass (or three) of BP's finest lager, but if you think I'm on a 48 hour binge then you're very much mistaken. You have Rich for that. :D

bigbow62
02-20-2016, 06:01 PM
This is a great thing gang......I'm soooo happy for all of you and I will be there in spirit.

It also warms my heart that I had a little something to do with this when I made that first OTHG club house thread post way back in 2012

Love You All and think of all of you as my long distance best friends,

NovaDarkStorm
02-20-2016, 07:22 PM
Boss, maybe next year we can do a help out fund for you to get a flight over here, providing you could do it bearing the conditions you have bud, be great to meet up with you.

Haha Rude, the first night we could get absolutely wasted, be grand to do so. Really can't wait for this. So excited, we are getting back up plans sorted if need be, will send out my number to you guys in a message online so we can sort out any issues when the event happens. Just incase, but I hope it doesn't come to that.

Jedi isn't coming atm Rude, if he does it will be a last minute thing. :)

Blaze is either gonna drive or get the train up which is cool.

If any problems arise for K2nPH, I think Booped or myself will be of assistance to pick you up Rude.

JetArtois
02-21-2016, 10:44 PM
I'll be getting the train up or driving up, haven't decided yet. I cant use my work van and we only have one car so depends if the wife needs it. I'll come up as early as possible on the Saturday guys, already getting nervous but looking forward to it ,lol.

If Redlynx want to sponsor this meet up then I'm fine with that. Hoodies, t-shirts behind reception, be a great advert. ;-) ;-)

Ozy Be
02-21-2016, 11:21 PM
Ozy (Has a plan)
:p lol I love it when a plan comes together :cool:

Confirmed :)
The wife and I will ferry over to Liverpool and drive up if the lift is of use to anyone ;)
No probs make a slight detour if it helps anyone out,

Will need to nail down any details sooner than later if there available but plenty of time yet I suppose,
We'll chat soon sure ;)

Really looking forward to meeting up Gang :)

:D

NovaDarkStorm
02-22-2016, 01:58 AM
Nice one lads, glad this is all coming together, many photos to be taken.

Morphy... XD Leave him in charge of the photos.

booped
02-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Barring any unforeseen circumstances I will be coming with my wife for the Friday, but will have to leave sometime Saturday.

Son has his last football game of the season on the Sunday so need to be back for that :D

TheBlazeJp
02-22-2016, 01:51 PM
It's awesome to see just how many are turning up for the uk meet up. I feel blessed just that you all are OK with me coming up and hanging out. I'm gunna try and interact with y'all as much as I can before the trip, maybe I can jump on xbl and play a few sessions in comms. In my eyes the gang here at OTHG is a beacon in the trialsverse and for me personally it will be awesome to meet y'all

Morfyboy
02-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Yep. Agree Blaze. This turnout is looking sweet.. Kudos guys. Gunna make some memories, as I like to say.. :)

UseLessUK
02-22-2016, 02:58 PM
Greetings,

I feel blessed just that you all are OK with me coming up and hanging out.

Yeah no bother, you are aware the first round is on you don't you? :p

shakeyclaret
02-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Chuck this ol' grumpy to$$er onto the confirm list ;)
I live in Reading and can fit at least 4 bodies in the boot of my Vectra lol. If anyone needs a lift then give me a shout :)

SwampBalls
02-23-2016, 12:12 AM
Hey you guys. Hope you have an excellent time, and post a lot of pics. Sounds like it's going to be a blast. Have fun! OTHG FTW!

V8 JEDI
02-23-2016, 02:09 AM
Jedi isn't coming atm Rude, if he does it will be a last minute thing. :)

I never said I wasn't coming Nove, I just couldn't commit on the spot when you asked me the other night. However... Karaoke with the lads is proving a bit too hard to resist. I still have some logistics to work out, but other than that, I'm in! :).

TheBlazeJp
02-23-2016, 07:47 AM
Greetings,

Yeah no bother, you are aware the first round is on you don't you? :p

ahaha :p Sure

NovaDarkStorm
02-23-2016, 08:02 AM
That's what I'm talking about! *Hell's yeah*

Just going off what we said the other day Jedi, glad you've changed your mind mate.

I am gonna sort out what's alternate plans may occur soon also just in case some of us can't make it. I will be sorting the hotel(s) very soon at this rate.

Also a kareoke night is one of the things that is on the things to do list.

Shakey, glad you're coming bro!

Thanks Swampy, wish you could make it over from the states, you're more than welcome if you can make it.

Morfyboy
02-23-2016, 09:33 AM
We NEED a go pro camera or something. This meet up HAS to get put on video..

Also, for those driving there, and have offered lifts, can we get it put up in the O.P. Nova, as to who is getting who plz?
It'll just make it easier for everyone to see it, and pre-plan everything..

For those offering lifts, kudos guys.. :D HUGE respect..

Also, I've Tweeted an invite to Any RedLynx guys to come. I'm sure if they can attend, they will.. ;)

https://twitter.com/morfyboy1/status/702058678954885120

V8 JEDI
02-23-2016, 01:05 PM
Just going off what we said the other day Jedi, glad you've changed your mind mate.

But I haven't changed my mind m8. I always intended to go if it was at all possible (which it kinda wasn't when I spoke to you last), but having jiggled things around a bit I'm pretty sure it's do-able.
Perhaps it was the debate we got into over the words Unsure & Maybe that caused your confussion? Nevermind bud... We can't all be perfect! ;p

NovaDarkStorm
02-23-2016, 01:46 PM
Ahh fair enough Jedi, my bad, just thought you meant it would be a last minute thing and come up and surprise us thing would of been literally. Lol.

Either way I am glad you're coming mate. The more the merrier.

Yes Morph deffo a thing that needs sorting too.

UseLessUK
02-23-2016, 02:19 PM
Greetings,

Well I'll be picking Morfy n Don up on the Friday.

This is however subject to change because if I get a job I have applied for the job involves working 3 shifts and one of them ends at 11pm on a Friday, so if I am unlucky (yeah I know I am no pointing out the obvious) to be doing that shift on that week then I won't be able to get there until the Saturday. But not got the job yet so... :p and on the other hand the other two shifts end at 7am and 3pm so there is always a chance I could still do the pick up on Friday.

So I think it's best I keep you informed of my employment prospects... ;) will be easier on Twitter as it's still a PITA logging in here... ;)

Rudemod 69
02-23-2016, 05:56 PM
Things to do at BP:-

Sample the delightful greasy fish n' chips which BP can hopefully offer.
Buy Gerb a hat with 'Kiss me quick, roger me slowly' on.
Check out Nov singing 'Hello' and JEDI singing 'Ashes to Ashes' on Karoake.
Let someone buy me a pint. I'll get them one back at the next meet.
Wish I was in Skeg Vegas.
Not get too drunk.

V8 JEDI
02-23-2016, 07:09 PM
"Ashes to ashes, funk to funky. Don't let Jedi, get too drunky" :D
(Also..... Don't get him wet, or feed him after midnight). XD

Rudemod 69
02-23-2016, 07:38 PM
"Ashes to ashes, funk to funky. Don't let Jedi, get too drunky" :DQuality. Yeah, we've seen what happens when you get too drunky. :D

(Also..... Don't get him wet, or feed him after midnight). XDHa, ha.

JEDI before a sesh:-

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT78sUE70QUjvq2oDwVtX_pLPO-BEXgaETeyqUzoopT0eehnbYDzA

JEDI after a sesh:-

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRDKecffTZHIIdb9tvrRZvR-T2LHSfJyUKVoSeW5mHpiaxSR3utgQ

D2Dahaka
02-24-2016, 12:39 AM
Holy...check out the size of that attendance list! Please post lots of photos guys! If I wasn't on the otherside of the planet I would have 100% made it.

TheBlazeJp
02-24-2016, 09:12 AM
Holy...check out the size of that attendance list!

I've got a lot of beers to get on Fridays first round! :p

Rude the bottom of page 3 gave me a good grin xD

Morfyboy
02-24-2016, 10:57 AM
Holy...check out the size of that attendance list! Please post lots of photos guys! If I wasn't on the otherside of the planet I would have 100% made it.

I know you would come mate.. I'll get loads of pics mate, and post them in an album on my Facebook page. Also, in here I'll drop a few, and on Twitter no doubt.. Wish you could come too Dave.. ;)

elCamsterino
02-24-2016, 12:12 PM
Aw man reading these posts how can I resist lol. Still very cash dependent but put me down for the full event. :D

I could give Deano or Gerbs and Mo a lift, Only got 2 spare seats in the van but I'm easy either way, could either meet at a train station in glasgow or I'll come and get ya... only a small detour ;)

gerble72
02-27-2016, 01:51 PM
@camsterino thanks for the lift offer but we will get the train as I suffer from car travel sickness I'm ok on trains planes etc but not so good in cars buses etc

k2nph
02-28-2016, 12:49 AM
Hi Nova/rest of you!

Can I book a car parking spot please nova, I would prefer not to leave my car in some random car park but not the end of the world if not.
(for those that don't know, you CAN NOT PARK ON ANY STREET IN BLACKPOOL (except for designated parking spots & payment) & YOU WILL GET A FINE IF YOU DO, trust me I know, as i've had loads courtesy of blackpool council, every time I visited my old man.
Also, put me on the driver list, I think i'm taking zombie up? (if he still wants a lift on sat morning) Rudy's jacked us!! so that means I can take 2 more if needed, (we will split the fuel)
I will be picking zombie up from notts & then probably M1, M62, M6, M55, BLACPOOL, so if you need a lift & i'm passing, your welcome to jump in. If someone is the other side (buxton Macclesfield) I can go that way too, it will just take a little longer.

I plan to leave notts about 10:00 - 11;00 depending on work, which should see us in blackpool around dinner, or a bit sooner! when I get them 170 horses cranked up!!!
***please note*** those coming with me need to be aware that things could change closer to the date, due to family stuff going on at the mo but failing some major disaster, I will be going.
Im not too fussed when we come back on sunday, im not at work on Monday so it can be late, when every ones gone to bed if you want??
but if someone needs to get back sun afternoon that's cool too.
so, if your on our way & need a lift just message me here or on xbox .

@jedi/rude: yes we know what happens to Jedi when hes drunk, he turns into barrybarfly, ;P

have any RL persons said they can make it?? I'm not sure where finland is but if its anywhere near the M62 you can have a lift. ;)
easy Blackpool crew.

V8 JEDI
02-28-2016, 06:16 AM
he turns into barrybarfly, ;P

Wow! That was low! (Even by your standards). xD

NovaDarkStorm
02-28-2016, 01:08 PM
I am not sure if we can reserve the parking spaces or not, think it's more of a first come first serve thing. Because there are a few hotels down that road but round the corner from the hotel dude is an old peoples set of bungalows and you can park all down there. Loads of room. :D

Should be getting it all booked today too peeps.

V8 JEDI
02-28-2016, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=NovaDarkStorm;11422105]but round the corner from the hotel dude is an old peoples set of bungalows and you can park all down there. Loads of room. :D[/QUOTE

Think you'll find that's for "Resident's Parking Permit" holders only m8. You can't just park anywhere in B/Pool... I believe that's what K2 was gibbering on about.

Morfyboy
02-28-2016, 02:24 PM
Yeah. We have that residential parking only in our town.. I'm guessing with BlackPool being a 'Holiday Town', then Phil will be correct. Defos not worth risking it.. It'll cost a pretty penny in fines or clamped..

Nova lol. Old peoples home car park will for certain be run by an independent clamping company. Don't risk it..

Rudemod 69
02-28-2016, 02:26 PM
@jedi/rude: yes we know what happens to Jedi when hes drunk, he turns into barrybarfly, ;PLmao.

NovaDarkStorm
02-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Well it doesn't say permit holders only in that area when I last stayed lads, so it is all good and I kept my car there, not charged. :)

Ozy Be
02-28-2016, 04:44 PM
Glad this parking subject came up,
The car is also my main cost on the ferry,
Was willing to shell a bit extra for the convenience and haste but now I'm thinking I might train/bus it and not have to worry bout a thing :)
Plus the wife (Christine btw) would be doing the driving so I'm sure she'd be glad of the break,
I'm gonna head into a travel agent during the week, might get it all in one, never went north off a ferry landing though but I'm sure Blackpool would be a routed destination,
We'll see, great to have options :)

Let us know how the bookings go Nova,
Would be sweet if we can all get into the same place :)

k2nph
02-28-2016, 08:49 PM
Wow! That was low! (Even by your standards). xD

Yeah I know, cheap shot.
But still PSML!

@parking: trust me guys, I've paid out at least 300 in blackpool parking charges. Designated spots or street parking permits, that have to be applied for in advance from the council.
You have been warned!
(I obviously cant say for definite about novas parking spot & if he said its all good then who am I to argue, but generally in blackpool the above statement is correct.)

k2nph
02-28-2016, 08:54 PM
Blackpool parking | On street parking

https://www.blackpool.gov.uk/Residents/Parking-roads-and-transport/Parking/On-street-parking-charges.aspx

http://en.parkopedia.co.uk/parking/blackpool/

k2nph
02-28-2016, 09:13 PM
extract from a freedom of information request to Flyde council in 2010 ref on street parking fines issued.
Blackpool parking | On street parking

"24,361 car parking tickets issued between May 1 and October 31"

ps: sorry for the multi post, its the only way, if I try to edit it will make me sign in again!

shakeyclaret
02-29-2016, 05:57 PM
I may not be able to come......I'll let you know.

Morfyboy
02-29-2016, 06:31 PM
@Nova.

All booked did I read on Xbox feed?

Ozy Be
02-29-2016, 07:31 PM
Sorry to hear that Shakey,
Really hope you can mate...

gerble72
03-02-2016, 11:57 AM
hi guys anyone good at haggling I might have found the perfect place for us all its called new ocean hotel
it will cost 25 per night 50 per couple they have room for us all its en-suite please check this link and let me know
what you think and if you can help with the haggle

http://newoceanshotel.com/

gerble72
03-02-2016, 01:46 PM
if you guys have a look at the link and show your wives and please try and confirm by Friday so we can nail it down

we are looking to have a place booked by the weekend so make sure you have confirmed by Friday

NovaDarkStorm
03-03-2016, 01:10 AM
The official post has been updated, so if everyone can confirm they're happy with this arrangement then I'll be booking it Friday dinner time or afternoon.

booped
03-03-2016, 08:16 AM
We are happy with the new oceans hotel, could we have a superior double room with a sea view and parking for the Friday night.

Will pay any extra cost.

Rudemod 69
03-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Looks fine, Nov. :)

I'm happy, hope my room mates are happy too.... See what I did there, Rich? :p

V8 JEDI
03-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Yep... This Fappy chappy's happy too.
Haha... Yeah, I see what you did Rude. Very good m8. :) Too early in the day for my usual witty reposte I'm afraid, though I may be back shortly should I have a "L'esprit de l'escalier" moment.... (Look it up bud). ;p

NovaDarkStorm
03-03-2016, 02:24 PM
No probs Booped, see what I can muster up for you. Think the parking is no extra cost anyhow. But will double check.

Glad you lads are happy with it, many thanks to Gerbs and Mo. Appreciate the help with the sorting out.

The other hotel has been cancelled so they can book up again... 180 deposit was a bit OTT TBH.

Morfyboy
03-03-2016, 04:53 PM
Yep. All good from our point gang. Nice one guys.. :)

Ozy Be
03-03-2016, 07:08 PM
:) Looks good enough to me, as I've said to you Nova,
I'm locked in, so I'll see you guys in Blackpool defo :D

Only concern is the parking so I'm hoping there's nothing to worry about there,

I won't be getting there until about 10.00pm on the friday but staying 'til the Monday so happy enough with everything as is :)

Thanks for efforts Nova, Gerb and Mo, much appreciated ;)

Morfyboy
03-04-2016, 11:18 AM
So guys, if I can save enough money, I've decided to get an OTHG tattoo in Blackpool. Nothing huge, but just a little tag on the top of my arm.. My question is, Are any of you guys up for doing this too?
It will be something to remember, and be proud to have I think.. It'll remind me of all you old gits whenever I look at it. ;) And something to tell my grandkids about.. Lol

Cool idea though right? Get on board with the idea. It'll take the tattooist about 5 mins..

Here's what I'm getting :-

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh515/morfyboy/image_4.jpeg (http://s1249.photobucket.com/user/morfyboy/media/image_4.jpeg.html)

TheBlazeJp
03-04-2016, 02:45 PM
Morf you now have Seven thousand, Seven Hundred and Seventy Seven posts,
Thats a lot of posts mate!

Sorry for my inactivity, had a chest infection for a week straight now and still hasn't fully gone

Back in business more or less though,
Hotel looks awesome and love that it's Beach/Sea view and that close.

Mad props to you nova for getting it organised and making everyone happy.
Kudos! As morf would say..

;-)

:cool::D

booped
03-04-2016, 03:22 PM
I will not be getting a tattoo, but I think you should add to yours morfy

if found please return to The New Oceans Hotel, Blackpool ;)

Ozy Be
03-04-2016, 03:59 PM
if found please return to The New Oceans Hotel, Blackpool ;)
haha brilliant,

I'll prob pass on the tat Morfy mate, but as I said to you earlier, a few beers and I'm anyones lol, so never know :p

Get well soon Blaze ;)

Rudemod 69
03-04-2016, 07:46 PM
but as I said to you earlier, a few beers and I'm anyones lol.*Baby oil on standby.

Go for it, Morf. Not having one myself though lol. Regret having the 2 I have. :eek:

Boop, lmao.

NovaDarkStorm
03-05-2016, 07:16 AM
She's all booked lads!

If anyone wants out, they have 14 days to confirm it!

Don't fancy paying for people who don't turn up.

Deposit is in now. It's official!

bigbow62
03-05-2016, 05:54 PM
CONGRATS all of you OTHG'sters on the other side of the pond ( well done Nova.gerbs )..............I hope you all have a great time. I will be there in spirit gang and it makes me feel so good that I had I had a small part some how in starting this nice thing that we all have going here.Its been a wild ride the last 3+ years.

Thank-you all for being such great friends and being there/here for each other and for me.Every time I really needed a friend(s) to chat or just game with..... the gang was there !

.........love you all [ OTHG 4-LIFE ]

Be safe ............and hey...........PLEASE have some fun out there on the town (city) :cool:

JetArtois
03-06-2016, 09:55 PM
Wow guys, its really happening.

Im good with that Nova and thanks to you and others for sorting things out.

@Boss And yeah, thanks pal for helping to bring us all together with the gang. Would be awesome to meet you all from over the pond pal. Maybe when that lottery win comes in.

Wish I could come Friday till Monday, but at least I've got a couple of days with ya, probably be enough for you all anyway,lol.

Ozy Be
03-06-2016, 11:06 PM
She's all booked lads! It's official!
:) Nice 1 Nova mate :)

I will be there in spirit gang
:) will toast a few thinking of ya Boss ;)

@Boss And yeah, thanks pal for helping to bring us all together with the gang. Would be awesome to meet you all from over the pond pal. Maybe when that lottery win comes in.
Big +1 on the thanks Boss :) sincerely!
And who knows, a lotto win may see us all hit the town some day for an ultimate meet, now that would be awesome :D

Really looking forward to meeting you all in Blackpool, happy days, cheers Gang :)

gerble72
03-07-2016, 10:24 AM
:) Nice 1 Nova mate :)

:) will toast a few thinking of ya Boss ;)

Big +1 on the thanks Boss :) sincerely!
And who knows, a lotto win may see us all hit the town some day for an ultimate meet, now that would be awesome :D

Really looking forward to meeting you all in Blackpool, happy days, cheers Gang :)

plus 1 from me too ^
thanks boss for starting the gang I have met some cool friends along the way
now i'm going to get to met some of them in person :cool:
also thanks nova for sorting out the hotel

Morfyboy
03-11-2016, 09:19 AM
Hey guys. I've sent my mobile number to those going on the trip, through an Xbox message.. I've also requested that you send me yours too. I get it if you don't want to send me it, so don't feel that you have to.
Just a heads up.
It'll be good to at least be able to contact you.. Cheers oldies..

It's getting closer. HYPED! :)

Ozy Be
03-11-2016, 10:08 AM
It's getting closer. HYPED! :)
:)

Yea got your number mate, cheers,
I'll send you on mine in a bit ;)

NovaDarkStorm
03-13-2016, 01:01 AM
It's getting verrrrrry close now. Can't come any quicker lol.

Everything is all sorted at least now. Which I am glad, all we have to do is sort out who is picking up who and what time. Which is all cool.

I know I will be going across and picking up Rude then going straight up there.

gerble72
03-16-2016, 08:08 PM
train tickets booked today for me an littlemo12 so no turning back for us now
so looking forward to meeting everyone :)

TheBlazeJp
03-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Me and Jedi met up today In bournemouth, was awesome.
Will post some pics later when phone is charged back up.
Gunna be booking our train tickets thisevening,
Really looking forward to the blackpool meet, days are only edging closer now ;)

Morfyboy
03-22-2016, 07:40 AM
Couple of cool photos of you and Jedi on Twitter blaze.. As always, like with any pics of the gang, there was a good bit of banter..
Really can't wait for Blackpool. Gunna all look awesome in our hoodies on. Kinda like the digital version of the hells Angels.. :D hehehe

Ozy Be
03-25-2016, 12:23 PM
4 weeks :)

xXdean09Xx
03-26-2016, 10:33 AM
4 weeks :)

can't wait to meet you guys. Gonna be a blast

Rudemod 69
03-26-2016, 01:03 PM
Not long now guys. :)

gerble72
03-26-2016, 01:23 PM
soooooo looking forward to meeting all of you :)

JetArtois
03-26-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm gonna look like a school teacher with all you lot in ya hoodies. Single file behind me please kids, dont stray from the line,lol.

k2nph
03-27-2016, 11:08 PM
well look at all the bigbow brown nosing going on in here!

@jase: don't worry mate i'll have my cardigan on too :)
@tattoo: yeah this aint happening here either & if anyone comes anywhere near me with a needle, its gonna be on top!
I'm way too scared, i'll draw one on.

how much are RL paying you lot to wear the hoodies? I hope its a lot ;)

TheBlazeJp
03-28-2016, 05:41 PM
I always Get a laugh here lol it's great

I'm gonna look like a school teacher with all you lot in ya hoodies. Single file behind me please kids, dont stray from the line,lol.

how much are RL paying you lot to wear the hoodies? I hope its a lot ;)

lol jokes :p

But yeah diddly squat mate,
I wear them everywhere out of passion

not long now everyone! :cool:

Morfyboy
03-28-2016, 09:04 PM
I think now the weeks to the trip are so close, this should happen..

WE ARE NOW AT DEFCON - 3

TheBlazeJp
03-29-2016, 11:08 PM
I heard talk of Poker in Fins stream tonight from Jedi, Booped and Gerble
Is this a thing?

I think that would be an awesome Idea, It's always good fun with drinks and laughs
Doesn't have to be anything silly, we could just do a fiver buy in game, drinks all round

Whose bringing the chips? aha

gerble72
03-30-2016, 09:00 AM
don't know if this is a thing as I know nothing of this
there was no talk of poker while I was in
the thing must have happened after I left

Morfyboy
03-30-2016, 09:31 AM
Oooooo Poker.. I'm down for some of this.. Could just play for 10ps. Mix it up with a few other card games too. I know a few good card games for cash.. (Silver, not notes though). Trumps & Queeny Spring to mind..
Sounds like a good idea for one of the nights, chilling in the hotel bar maybe. Kudos idea. ;)

V8 JEDI
03-30-2016, 12:44 PM
Yo Blaze.... If you're happy to sit at the poker table with me, then I'm more than happy to relieve you of any excess cash you may be carrying. XD

Morfyboy
03-30-2016, 04:49 PM
This BROcassion will be such a memorable time.. In fact, it will be LEGENDARY.. :)

gerble72
04-01-2016, 09:28 AM
3 weeks to go guys ;)

JoeRegular
04-01-2016, 02:37 PM
Hope you all have a bloody good time. And remember, leave the prostate exams to the professionals eh ;)

JetArtois
04-01-2016, 09:16 PM
Thanks K2, cardies at the ready. :cool:

k2nph
04-02-2016, 03:15 AM
well all systems are still go here too, :)
@joe: why aren't you going mate?? if you need a lift, theres space in with me & jet on sat morning, cardigans are optional, unfortunately the prostrate exam is not...

JoeRegular
04-07-2016, 05:21 PM
Appreciate the offer of the lift mate but even if I still felt like part of this I wouldn't have been able to make it. Got way too much sh1t going on at home, no cash and I aint good company for anyone lately.

Really do hope you all have a blinder though and look forward to checking out the pics ;)

Morfyboy
04-08-2016, 10:34 AM
we have now reached......

All alerts are out, and our allies are incognito.

WE ARE NOW AT DEFCON - 2

http://youtu.be/qf8GGfWZw5Q

Morfyboy
04-13-2016, 10:18 AM
http://youtu.be/l-0BprqQQf8

Had to add this.. Come on boys, sing along..

"Ohhhh, I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the seaaaa.. " :D

bassa82
04-13-2016, 05:33 PM
"Ohhhh, I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the seaaaa.. " :D

I have no idea what I just watched, but it sure was catchy :D
Hope you have a great time there. I might join the next one if there is one :)

k2nph
04-15-2016, 04:43 AM
@bassa: yes mate I agree??? morfy that's 2mins of my life I will never get back, thanks!

so ive just had a nice trip down memory lane courtesy of you tube, remembering how me & my brother would lose our sh!t as soon as we got to the pleasure beach.
how many of these rides do you lot remember?
sadly, the only ride I don't remember was the cable ride up the promenade.
so many happy memories in the pleasure beach, its a shame the magic fades with age.(like EVERY bit of paint in blackpool)

https://youtu.be/ix3mTL_YlKY

K2s must ride list.

No1: The Grand National: the best "woodie" coaster in the country, STILL!
& before the revolution, the best coaster in the park.
But you have got to sit at the back (unlike the vid). if you sit at the front its just ok, but sit at the back & you will be holding yourself in the car on every drop, especially the kicker on the first drop.
when I first rode it (well second, my mum went on it 4 weeks before I was born!) there was no seat belt, shoulder straps, nothing, just a little bar that you gripped for your life!
getting thrown out was a real possibility, absolutely brilliant, exactly how a ride should be, safe-ish but the possibility of death was always an option.

https://youtu.be/9aw08LhxNIU

No2: the mad mouse
Now as coasters go this is a bit sh!te but I have had one of the funniest moments ever on this ride.
Myself & brother (all growed up) went on this about 10years ago & our kids a big lad, so when the guy running the ride said two to a car, me & our kid just looked at each other.
we tried telling him that it wasn't happening but he had made his mind up & we were a little bit hammered, so hey, whatever you say fairground bloke.
we got in & started, we hit the first corner & it turned instantly 45degrees (as it does) and we both p!ss3d ourselves laughing, as we were chucked about, corner after corner.
the real fun started as we got back to the start, we couldn't get out in time, as the cars don't stop they just go real slow, so you can get in or out.
the problem was we were so cramed in we were stuck fast & much to the mans annoyance we got a free turn, hooray!! we shouted.
the same thing happened again on the next time round, the fairground bloke was now getting emotional & we cried with laughter & waved at him as we went round again.
when we came to the start again for the third time, fairground bloke was now waiting with two of his mates & as soon as we were in reach, they started tugging on my arms to try & prize me out, as we moved down the station one of the blokes tripped over & we were off again, me & our kid were howling with laughter, at the situation.
after a 4th & 5th time round, they decided the only way they were getting us out was by stopping the ride.
which they did.
the bloke was not impressed & was gobbing off, he was told to wind his neck in & advised to listen to people in future, to be fair though, stevie wonder could of seen me & my brother were never gonna fit in that tiny car properly. Im so glad we were hammered enough to think "yeah whatever, lets give it a go"

https://youtu.be/EY881BMheyk

No3: the revolution.
this ride still makes a bit of wee come out, not because its cutting edge technology, or that its a nice long ride but just for the sheer violence of the ride.
the force with which it blasts you off & into the loop, is incredible & still makes me think DAMN! every time I go on it.
"you are about to experience the thrilling most exciting ride of your lives, hold on tight & keep arms inside the ride, 10,09,08,07,06,05,04,03,02,01 go!"

https://youtu.be/cMGGGcINODc
none of the videos do this awesome ride justice.

No4 & 5:
the big one & fusion:
they are both ok. the big one is fast & high & shakes you to death.
fusion, is twisty, inverted & very smooth.(and if you close your eyes & don't hold onto anything, you feel like your floating)
trouble is, just as with all modern rollercoasters, you are strapped in so tight, that you feel perfectly safe, so theres no fear & whats the point in that??

https://youtu.be/-5QekpwbV-Y

https://youtu.be/NETMRVcL9iY

so who's coming with me, to waste some cash, getting hammered & then riding roller coasters (sorry guys I cant go to blackpool without going to the pleasure beach)
please don't make me queue up on my own!

Morfyboy
04-15-2016, 08:28 AM
Excited too mate..

Gunna check train times in the next few days.. Myself and the missus will be at the hotel for 4-5p.m Friday Tea Time.. Probably unpack, and head for some food before the Friday night getting pi$$ed at a pub/bar somewhere.
I will speak to you you guys before hand no doubt, but who's going to be there and by what time? Could we have it listed in the O.P. Please? It would be handy to know who to look out for etc. Cheers. :)

Ozy Be
04-15-2016, 09:46 AM
:) Great vids n reviews Phil cheers,
Dont know if I'd be able for all that tho lol
Crossing the Irish Sea will be enough thrill rides for me I reckon,
Is there any teacups per chance :rolleyes:

We'll be rollin' in about 9 or 10 Friday evening Morfy,
Plan is basically land n figure it out from there ;)

This time next week will be jumpin' in the car ;D sweet

V8 JEDI
04-15-2016, 11:42 AM
The Bounemouth Boys (Blaze & I), will be arriving around 7:30pm Friday.
Don't worry Ozy, I'll save you a seat on the Tea Cups next to me.

Morfyboy
04-15-2016, 11:50 AM
I'll go on the rides with you Phil.. Defos. The faster the better. I'm totally game for anything on this trip. At least, almost anything. :)

JetArtois
04-15-2016, 09:44 PM
I'll go on any rides too guys. Keep getting butterflys when reading this thread. Hope I don't wee myself in excitement when we meet,lol.

Morfyboy
04-16-2016, 08:27 AM
I'll go on any rides too guys. Keep getting butterflys when reading this thread. Hope I don't wee myself in excitement when we meet,lol.

Awesome Jase.. Something to do, possibly later on Saturday afternoon. Could even go to the pleasure beach for our fish n chip teatime, then hit some rides, then the pub.. :)

gerble72
04-16-2016, 01:48 PM
I wont even go on the tea cups :) but I will watch I cant do rides not been on anything that moves since I was 8 lol

not long now I am getting nervous

Morfyboy
04-16-2016, 10:02 PM
I wont even go on the tea cups :) but I will watch I cant do rides not been on anything that moves since I was 8 lol

not long now I am getting nervous

Glad you guys are going dude. It's gunna be an adventure for sure..

elCamsterino
04-17-2016, 12:08 PM
Nice write up of the Pleasure Beach rides K2 :D I went on the Mad Mouse as a kid and broken my mums nose as the momentum chucked me backwards :O

She's forgiven me now though lol

Had avoided posting here or joining chats as I still wasn't sure I'd make it. Rather stay quiet than flip-flop and mess you around, but... Campsite booked, van ready (but not quite finished :D) and Trials Hoody in the wash

Can't wait to meet you lot in person :D :cool:

Rudemod 69
04-17-2016, 02:33 PM
not been on anything that moves since I was 8 lolMo? :D

Those of you wishing to sample the rides, form an orderly queue behind the Rudester. :)

Not long now gals n' guys.

Morfyboy
04-18-2016, 10:26 AM
Hey all. Just to let everyone know, my missus won't be coming on the trip. She has some medical issues going on atm, and has been advised to take things easy..

Hope the hotel owner is an understanding guy..

V8 JEDI
04-18-2016, 11:15 AM
Mo? :D

Well, the queue slap Rude just got a bit longer. :D

gerble72
04-18-2016, 02:17 PM
hey guys I was just wondering now that barry cant make it due to his situation
who will bring a console as barry was going to take his

NovaDarkStorm
04-19-2016, 05:03 AM
Seriously doubt I'll be bringing a console haha.

Morfyboy
04-19-2016, 11:38 AM
It's safe to say we have reached an all out warning.. We are at :-

WE ARE NOW AT DEFCON - 1

Watch out BLACKPOOL.. The English invasion will start on Friday. We are the OTHG.. The Gaming version of the Hells Angels.. LoL

gerble72
04-20-2016, 10:03 AM
so close now you can almost taste the ice-cream :)

Morfyboy
04-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Only 2 days to go guys. Really excited for this trip and looking forward to meeting some of team OTHG for the first time. Such ashame it cant be a full meet up, but I'm sure if this weekend goes well, then we can surely arrange another one to suit us all.

Can I just iriterate that if you are unable to make it,and your name is down as going, then PLEASE let Nova know as the hotel rooms booked, will still need to be paid for either way, and before Friday.
I know a few have had to drop out, and that's unfortunate for sure. Let's just hope thisvis the first of many.

Cheers guys. See you at the weekend if i dont speak to you before hand.

gerble72
04-20-2016, 10:18 AM
this meet up should be great and it will be great to meet some of the OTHG would love to meet all of the OTHG at some point
guys like boss d2 joe reg to name a few originals I'm sure we will have a blast and I know I will be thinking of the others who aint there
so lets hope this is the start of something good
that could turn into something we do from time to time to take the OTHG friendship to a new level

elCamsterino
04-20-2016, 11:50 AM
Any ideas for some kind of souvenir? Maybe we could send something to RL? I'd thought of getting personalised rock but check the prices :O

http://www.lettsrock.co.uk/prices/

even chipping in thats still a few quid, maybe if someone wins the bingo lol ;)

Morfyboy
04-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Any ideas for some kind of souvenir? Maybe we could send something to RL? I'd thought of getting personalised rock but check the prices :O

http://www.lettsrock.co.uk/prices/

even chipping in thats still a few quid, maybe if someone wins the bingo lol ;)

Wow! Screw that. Lol.
We'll pick some up on the prom for a fiver or tenner. That'll be enough to send to the RL guys if you want to. Plus postage etc, will only cost 20 total I would think. Good idea though mate. Let those Finnish folks taste REAL candy, that doesn't taste of salty fish. Hehehe.

booped
04-20-2016, 09:01 PM
And a tin of mushy peas for twitchy :)

Ozy Be
04-21-2016, 09:16 AM
WE ARE NOW AT DEFCON - 1

:) Ready to roll...sail...then roll a bit more :)
Tomorrow gangsters, hyped :D

gerble72
04-21-2016, 09:38 AM
the meet up is real :)

Morfyboy
04-21-2016, 03:24 PM
"It's gunna be AWESOME!!"

Eevan80
04-21-2016, 07:37 PM
Hi, just want to wish all of you a good trip and a great weekend.. have fun! :)

Morfyboy
04-22-2016, 06:08 AM

Cheers Eevan mate.. I bet a few arses are twitching this morning with nerves. LOL. Or in Jedi's case, just Twitching. :p

Looking forward to today gang. See you at 3:30p.m. (Ish). :)

Rudemod 69
04-22-2016, 07:40 AM
Hi, just want to wish all of you a good trip and a great weekend.. have fun! :)Thanks, bud. I'm sure we'll have a great time.Next year you're coming. :D

https://youtu.be/Z2LrDzOwuOU

https://youtu.be/M6of1XpRiC0

The first pints for you, Baz. <3

Rudemod 69
04-22-2016, 09:01 AM
https://youtu.be/OZWZNJaKw8E

Tutu on, bucket and spade packed.See you there, folks. :D

gerble72
04-22-2016, 10:09 AM
safe journey to all the gang going to the meet :)
@Eevan80 thanks man :)

k2nph
04-22-2016, 07:41 PM
alright blackpool crew!
DO NOT GO TO THE PLEASURE BEACH without K2!!
All good to go here guys & gals & checked with jase earlier & all good there too,
so we will both see you around dinner on sat.
save jase some stella!!!

JetArtois
04-22-2016, 09:39 PM

Thanks pal, wish you was going too. Maybe one day old rival. ;-)

Yep, as K2 said we are good to go tomorrow folks, so will see ya there. Liking the snaps on Twitter.

TheBlazeJp
04-23-2016, 03:12 AM
http://s31.postimg.org/7g7jtkd1n/IMG_20160423_WA0002.jpg

TheBlazeJp
04-23-2016, 03:14 AM
http://s31.postimg.org/d8qi31xcb/IMG_20160423_WA0000.jpg

Eevan80
04-23-2016, 08:48 AM
Thanks, bud. I'm sure we'll have a great time.Next year you're coming. :D

Thanks pal, wish you was going too. Maybe one day old rival. ;-)
We'll see i guess. :D Looked up the route on google maps and it would have been a little under 1000 km to Blackpool from where i live, too much for one weekend. On the other hand.. anyone remembers that song from Vanessa Carlton? :p

TheBlazeJp
04-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Yeah as an artist, One hit wonder.
Good song though

Shame you couldn't make it down eevan
Perhaps next time dude ;)

Eevan80
04-24-2016, 09:00 AM
Thanks Blaze, maybe next time! :) And yes, very nice song indeed, good harmonies.

bigbow62
04-25-2016, 04:41 PM
Congrats on a great 1st OTHG meet-up ! I'm glad most of you made it ...but not our good friend Barry ( Get well Barry )

Cant wait to here all about the funny events that went along with the OTHG meet-up !

Now maybe we can get our OTHG online party room back in gear.....up picked a good weekend to go cuz for me and bassa XBL was a mess all weekend....couldn't start or join a party !

Hope to chat with you all today.....I will be online around 6PM UK time.........please stop by I really miss you all. [ OTHG 4 - LIFE ]

We have come along way in 4 years my friends and I'm soooo glad I started that looking for age 30 and over Trials friends back in 2012.

THANK-YOU ALL FOR A GREAT RIDE ........... 4 YEARS IN JUNE :D :cool: