PDA

View Full Version : New View gun sight view..Hard to aim

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:53 PM
Anyone have an answer for the newview program regarding the gunsight view? It's much to diffucult to aim when using newview in gunsight mode.

Leben Sie heute, für morgen zu k¤mpfen

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 10:53 PM
Anyone have an answer for the newview program regarding the gunsight view? It's much to diffucult to aim when using newview in gunsight mode.

Leben Sie heute, für morgen zu k¤mpfen

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 11:05 PM
Yup, it's answered in the big thread on page 2.

*** Everyone keeps asking me this so I'll put it here as a bigass NB ***

Anyone who wants to 'lock' their view straight through the gunsite should bind a key or stick button to the function "bind to stick axis" under Buttons > Combinations > Control inside Newview. This will turn off your chosen joysticks 'move view with stick motion' setting until you press it again. There's also a setting called "disable mouse or movement" which seems to work in conjuction with this, but I haven't worked out the exact details of it yet.

edit: Did I mention I'm a big dummy? :>

"Bind Joystick to Views" key/button function will cease TrackIR emulation when pressed and resume when pressed again.

It will not centre your view for you as well.

You can use your POV hat to move the view around as normal, while Bind Joystick To Views has been pressed.

If you want your view to be instantly centred, you can use the function "Centre Without Return" under the Buttons > Combinations > Centering section.

The good thing about NewView is that you can have two different functions bound to the same button [as well as the same function bound to two different buttons if you like].

So if you want a control that will instantly centre your view through the gunsight, and turn off the TrackIR head movement, bind the same button or key to both Bind Joystick to Views and Center Without Return.

There should be some way to make this work so that it'll perform view locking and centre whenever you press your trigger to fire, possibly with the use of the button generator tabs, or via joystick software such as Thrustmaster Thrustmapper etc.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/djgwen/fb/worker_parasite.jpg

Message Edited on 09/11/0307:34AM by clint-ruin

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 02:15 AM
Version 2.5 doesn't seem to have 'bind to stick axis'.

You can either bind an 'instant look forward' button on your joystick, and press it for the duration of your run/attack.

Or, I have noticed that (on my mouse, anyway) the left mouse button is somehow a default 'instant look forward' control; I have tried to turn it off, but it doesn't seem to have any settings in the ini file. So you might be able to use your mouse for 'instant look forward'.

Note that the 'in-game' FB setting for 'forward with padlock' doesn't work if you aren't padlocking anything. But you could have both the NewView and padlock functions bound to the same key I think; you might want to try that out if you use padlock servers... it might save you binding two different keys.

<CENTER>http://www.666th.com/uploads/forumsigs/5-il2logo.gif</CENTER>