PDA

View Full Version : FW 190 A

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Will this plane's FM be toned down in the next patch? It seems to be very difficult to bring down and has some serious gunnery to bout.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 12:46 PM
Will this plane's FM be toned down in the next patch? It seems to be very difficult to bring down and has some serious gunnery to bout.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 12:54 PM
" It seems to be very difficult to bring down"

You're joking, are you?

Ok, the tail is perhaps too strong, but the wings!

Yes, a single MG bullet in the middle of the wing and kaboom, no more wing.

Or, just a few shots in the wings, and you lose a lot of speed, letting you fly just like a sitting duck!

No, the 190 is one of the easiest aircraft to shot down!

Cheers,

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 01:06 PM
1) Admittably the DM must be reworked. I personally don't find it terribly hard to bring it down, but the simplified DM as was in IL-2 is known to still exist in FB. Maybe a 'rebalancing' of internal damage points would be done.

2) Roll rates at high speed should be brought down, especially the rates over 550km/h and up.

3) Elevator authority over 600km/h is too high. Being able to pull near 16Gs is simply, too much, as discussed in a thread posted by pourshot. Impressive handling at high speeds is the Fw190, but it still should have heavier controls than lesser speeds. 8~10Gs should about be the maximum limit of the elevator authority - anything more is either something that the plane simply cannot do, or something that would rip the wings and rear fuselage off, even if possible.

4) Directional instability in the yaw axis while rolling - I don't know how nobody ever brought this issue up, but it's there. Yes it's a heavy plane, but the side slip is sometimes intolerable.

5) Strange issues when going from automatic pitch control to manual, is noted. Should be looked at.

6) Overheat issues. Brought up sometime ago, but still not thoroughly discussed. If the Bf109s suffer too quick overheating, the Fw190s, granted that they are radial, are inexplicably heat resistant, even the D models.

7) The '44 D models with C3 injection, are outperforming '45 D models. Also brought up, but never discussed further than very loose specualtions.

8) Visibility issues - suffocating view

Other than that, the E retention, acceleration, dives, low/mid speed rolls, firepower I find satisfactory.

-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 04:53 PM
the only big thing on the 190 i noticed was the mixture controls are gone i dunno if this is good or bad i believe u get better high alt performance with mixture controls.

With this gone i take it is being done automatically.

Also maybe this is just me but it seemed the A9 went faster in level flight or in general performance before...i have trouble getting it to exceed 450 km/h in level flight, radiator closed, 100% throt with WEP and 50% fuel. maybe its just me.

XyZspineZyX
10-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Thrawn888 wrote:
- the only big thing on the 190 i noticed was the
- mixture controls are gone i dunno if this is good or
- bad i believe u get better high alt performance with
- mixture controls.
-
- With this gone i take it is being done
- automatically.
-
- Also maybe this is just me but it seemed the A9 went
- faster in level flight or in general performance
- before...i have trouble getting it to exceed 450
- km/h in level flight, radiator closed, 100% throt
- with WEP and 50% fuel. maybe its just me.
-
-

Well, the mixture control should be gone because the Fw had a "little black box" for engine management. The only optional control the pilot had was prop pitch.

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/west-battleline.jpg

"Only a dead 'chamber pot' is a good 'chamber pot'!"