PDA

View Full Version : Keeping apponent in sight

BlackCatClaws
01-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi. I am flanker pilot. one of the first things
that i cant get uzed to in IL@ is that i can not follow bogey using number keys like i do in flanker. For example: In flankr2.5 when i press 4 , my head moves left about 5 degrees. If hold the 4 , my head wlll move continiusly and will stop the momebt i release the 4 key. I il2 on the other hand, pressing 4 will move my head 90 degrees instantly. How do keep my eyes on a target that is 45 degrees of my nose.

Thank you.

BlackCatClaws

BlackCatClaws
01-09-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi. I am flanker pilot. one of the first things
that i cant get uzed to in IL@ is that i can not follow bogey using number keys like i do in flanker. For example: In flankr2.5 when i press 4 , my head moves left about 5 degrees. If hold the 4 , my head wlll move continiusly and will stop the momebt i release the 4 key. I il2 on the other hand, pressing 4 will move my head 90 degrees instantly. How do keep my eyes on a target that is 45 degrees of my nose.

Thank you.

BlackCatClaws

CPS_Dragonaire
01-09-2004, 03:51 PM
I would use mouselook if the bandit is flying steadily. Otherwise I would just use my hat switch.

However, you can switch back and forth between a pan and snap mode look which I believe is somewhat configurable within the FB config file. The pan view moves by 45 degrees i think. Check your controls setup for pan view vs snap view and play around with that.

Hop I halped more than hurt ya! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CPS_Dragonaire
CPS Co-founder
http://home.comcast.net/~donovan_soohoo/avatars/link_cps.gif

arjisme
01-09-2004, 03:55 PM
You can also use the diagonal keys, such as 7, 9, 1, & 3 to look 45 degrees in those directions. Plus, you can use combinations of keys, like 5+7 to look forward left high. But better is to get a joystick with a hat switch and use that. Better still is to get TrackIR since then you would have a much more natural view system based on your own head movement.

BlackCatClaws
01-11-2004, 02:52 PM
OK thanks for help. pressing 5 and 8 does give me the desired result.

thankx again

catclaws