PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Zone Art of War

Magnumwood107
02-07-2016, 09:35 AM
This is a very long and in-depth guide/philosophical examination of The Dark Zone for players of all skill levels. There are general rules of thumb, and specific pointers for playing in the Dark Zone as a whole, playing as a group, playing solo, and interacting with rogues.

This rare art form can be found here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/170cAvxozrCGd_GCxp_iOcfVF3ArgACmH6ZU3vftnLhc/edit

If you find anything that isn't straightforward or seems unclear, post it here!

I also wanted to point out my own thoughts and objections to people who stubbornly aver from going rogue in The Dark Zone. So, this document is not only a guide, but a discussion.

It's worth the read. Just make sure you've got a snack.

ModocBearclaw
02-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Well there's several things in there that's good advice.

There is a fact though that you can force someone to go Rogue though, and here's how:

There is a 'threat level' when you shoot or damage another player.The trick is knowing the level of threat, which I think it 60% when your name tag turns red, but you're not fully Rogue yet. If the other person isn't paying attention, and they turn and start blasting, they will then turn rogue and the guy who initiated the whole thing will get a Rogue kill. This will then cause the person killed to lose larger amounts of DZXP and DZ Dollars.

The person instigating the kill will have a huge advantage also since you will most likely be down to one bar of health when the fight starts. Remember you only have 3 bars and those can drop fast.

Magnumwood107
02-09-2016, 01:08 AM
Well there's several things in there that's good advice.

There is a fact though that you can force someone to go Rogue though, and here's how:

There is a 'threat level' when you shoot or damage another player.The trick is knowing the level of threat, which I think it 60% when your name tag turns red, but you're not fully Rogue yet. If the other person isn't paying attention, and they turn and start blasting, they will then turn rogue and the guy who initiated the whole thing will get a Rogue kill. This will then cause the person killed to lose larger amounts of DZXP and DZ Dollars.

The person instigating the kill will have a huge advantage also since you will most likely be down to one bar of health when the fight starts. Remember you only have 3 bars and those can drop fast.

While that's true for the beta in the Dark Zone, and maybe for a while on launch, I think people are gong to be too smart to let that happen when the game has been going on for a while. In which case you've let yourself be seen, giving up your biggest advantage.

If you think it's a good idea to underestimate your target, go for it. If not stay unseen. That's the gist of that tip.

Warriorwhat
02-10-2016, 05:06 AM
While that's true for the beta in the Dark Zone, and maybe for a while on launch, I think people are gong to be too smart to let that happen when the game has been going on for a while. In which case you've let yourself be seen, giving up your biggest advantage.

If you think it's a good idea to underestimate your target, go for it. If not stay unseen. That's the gist of that tip.

Even by the end of the beta this was known and everyone caught on to this tactic. People even resorted to running in front of players while engaging nps's. Also caught onto this, I saw plenty of people trying to take advantage of this. A whole squad was repeatedly chasing several players that had declared an alliance with me, eventually we just pounded them quickly to send the message. Like a little sibling sent to spy on an older sibling while "company" is over. Yeah they want them to leave and can't hurt them because of the "CONSEQUENCES" eventually we all know the younger sibling will be hurt to teach a lesson of stop being annoying, go away or be a child to someone else.

I make my self laugh with that analogy. ;)

Morale is, be annoying, and eventually you'll get whats coming.

Mythalion
02-25-2016, 01:45 AM
Fantastic post Magnumwood!

LS-Saurlok
02-25-2016, 08:44 AM
That was a great read, and definitely something people will want to look at when starting the DZ at launch. I noticed a lot of people do not follow the stay invisible rules as a solo agent or small group. Sitting at an extract for a full timer is unnecessary and stupid, and know that even if you have a full health build there is still a chance someone will kill you in the bag attachment animation. Run at the first shot.