PDA

View Full Version : Tips to stop sucking

AOLOnline
02-07-2016, 05:43 AM
I realize that a tactical shooter is foreign to many gamers, so I often give lessons in my games. There are a lot of common mistakes people make that end up getting them killed. Nobody likes spectating for half the round.

1. After prep, stop running. I can't tell you how many defenders I easily take down because of the amount of sound they are making.

2. Use/destroy the cameras and drones. Intel makes attacking and defending so much easier.

3. Never put Castle walls on windows. Fuze loves this. Don't sit opposite windows for same reason.

4. Use a mic. Verbal coordination is incredibly effective. I win more matches with teams with mics, which is why I leave silent lobbies.

5. This is siege. As an attacker your goal is to penetrate then secure the structure. If you find yourself as last man standing on your team and aren't even in the building expect your team to either quit or votekick you. Don't pick Glaz, it's unlikely you'll be any benefit to your team trying to snipe through windows.

6. Don't abuse glitches. I see people banned every day. I see teams votekick abusers. No good gamer wants that nonsense.

Bronystony64
02-08-2016, 10:01 PM
Good points overall, though I do disagree on a few:

3. Never put Castle walls on windows. Fuze loves this. Don't sit opposite windows for same reason.

I believe Castle should only put his barricades on windows. Doors can be shot under and any jammers therefore are useless. Under a window, it creates an almost impossible barrier that is only countered by Thatcher/Twitch. This prevents Fuze, but keep in mind a Castle barricade is completely useless without a Mute jammer.

5. This is siege. As an attacker your goal is to penetrate then secure the structure. If you find yourself as last man standing on your team and aren't even in the building expect your team to either quit or votekick you. Don't pick Glaz, it's unlikely you'll be any benefit to your team trying to snipe through windows.

This is not necessarily true. Glaz is easily my most-played attacker and I've clutched my fair share of rounds with him. Having a sniper, while not necessary on some maps, is an enormous benefit to the attackers. A good shot can pin down a defending team, and will negate any ballsy window peekers. At the same time, when the round does come down to a clutch situation, being able to maneuver to any angle of attack you choose is a plus; as well as the sniper having full health. This is somewhat negated by the OSHS in the game, but even going down in that situation is insta-death, and I would rather not risk it.

I did like everything else though, more people need to learn some basic team skills so that this game is more fun, even in casual.

AOLOnline
02-12-2016, 12:32 PM
I stand by my castle suggestions, I can't tell you how many times I've watched teams lose because of castle.

I'm also dumbfounded every day by the excuses people make on why they lost. It just proves the average person isn't smart enough to be tactical.

RSQ_kraekinn
02-15-2016, 12:49 PM
I realize that a tactical shooter is foreign to many gamers, so I often give lessons in my games. There are a lot of common mistakes people make that end up getting them killed. Nobody likes spectating for half the round.

1. After prep, stop running. I can't tell you how many defenders I easily take down because of the amount of sound they are making.

2. Use/destroy the cameras and drones. Intel makes attacking and defending so much easier.

4. Use a mic. Verbal coordination is incredibly effective. I win more matches with teams with mics, which is why I leave silent lobbies.

6. Don't abuse glitches. I see people banned every day. I see teams votekick abusers. No good gamer wants that nonsense.

1. Except is your're the one roaming in your team. But then also don't run but walk smoothly.

2. This is true. But try not to spot enemies more likely try to tell their positions to your team by communicating.

3. Always put Castle walls on windows. But when you do be sure to have Mute in your team so he can jam them. This way enemy can't breach or use CC through that window. With doors you're able to shoot the enemy underneath the door.

4. Totally agreed.

5. Claz is totally viable class. So sure do use it if you know what you're doing.

6. Totally agreed.

Khaylius
02-16-2016, 11:11 PM
Honestly, the third suggestion you don't find me in agreement. I only put castle on windows because sometime the attackers are very discreet in partially destroy the wooden covers (maybe using other explosions as coverage for their noise and can peek/shoot anyone in the room. On the other hand, unless using Glaz to snipe blindly through Castle window (no glitch), you make a lot of noise if you want to enter from a window with Castle reinforcement up.
Fuze likes castle and wooden reinforcements or even wooden floors for what it matters