PDA

View Full Version : Rediculously long loading times after operator selection

RepubIic_Clone
02-06-2016, 07:41 PM
So we're 1.3 now and I've had this issue since launch.

Basically after everyone's done selecting their operators, we all load and wait for the preparation phase to start.
Everyone loads almost instantly, except for me.
It takes me between minimum 30 seconds and 1,5 minutes each time. I can think of 2 times where I loaded instantly though. The length of loading time is completely random.
It used to happen only before the first round of the game but now it happends inbetween rounds as well.
This not only frustrates me, it annoys the other 9 people who have to wait before every round, resulting in people yelling "potato pc" at me.
However, potato pc is not the issue here since these are my stats:

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 7,96 GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z77X-D3H (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz)
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4Gb

I also have a DL speed of around 380Mbps and upload speed of around 50Mbps despite living in a dorm.

Google tells me there's other people having the same issue but I couldn't find a solution nor cause of the problem.

Some people in-game tell me It's because I don't have an SSD, but there's plenty of people without one and their game works fine.
So an SSD could help, sure, but it should work properly without one.

At this point I don't even care for a solution, I just what to know what the heck causes this and if it's really something on my end. :confused:

Black_Widow9
02-06-2016, 07:51 PM
Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Please contact our Support team (https://support.ubi.com/) so they can troubleshoot this with you. You may want to also take a look at the connectivity troubleshooting steps (https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/2559/connectivity-troubleshooting-for-rainbow-six-siege-pc/kA030000000ti9HCAQ) to see if this helps you.

Thanks

SquarelyCircle
08-03-2016, 07:46 PM
At this point I don't even care for a solution, I just what to know what the heck causes this and if it's really something on my end. :confused:

Sorry for the necro, but I've got the same problem and can't find a solution online. Did you ever find out why this happens? It started happening to me after the Skull Rain patch, but not before.

Did support ever work more with you to solve this issue?