PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Discussion about Division Agent lore.

JayMadIV
02-06-2016, 03:25 PM
1. Where do they come from? How are they chosen for this duty, and how are they trained?

2. Are they just really well trained and equipped, or are they enhanced in any way?

Rastello573
03-01-2016, 02:19 PM
1. Where do they come from? How are they chosen for this duty, and how are they trained?

2. Are they just really well trained and equipped, or are they enhanced in any way?

Where do they come from?

I think they come from all parts of society just like any real world agents are.

How are they chosen for this duty?

I would assume in the same manner you choose E.g a CIA agent.

and how are they trained?

Well based on what we have seen they are extremly skilled in combat...both tactic and general killing skills. They also possess other skills that will help in a crisis situation. So I will say a combination of Navy seal (for killing and tactic), CIA (for espionage etc) and FBI (for investigative work) and general survival skills, along with being skilled computer and machine technicians.

Are they just really well trained and equipped, or are they enhanced in any way?

From what we have seen they are extremly skilled and therefore probably very trained..at least intially...and they seems to be persons of natural talent you can say...Thay also have access to weapons that is pure fiction but maybe plausible in the future..robot-grenades etc...SO it seems they are set up with the best gear goverment money can buy!

The "agent" i describe above is the in-game agent. In real life such an agent is not realy realistic.

And here is why:

We know that the division agents have "cover jobs" acting as real life Emergency respons ppl....and while the job is only a cover, they probably need to do a good job and work as long hours as the other ppl doing that work do..meaning..there is little room and time for extensive "combat training" in their life...In other words..it might be hard to maintain such skill as we have seen them achieve without them being full time special forces personell.

Therefore I suggest that the divison agents is equivalent to two persons in a real life situation. Meaning...You do have ppl today that has a 100% job preparing for an eventual crisis and are practicing and rehersing all the time. But this job is mostly an office job and its more of a computer or technical operator and facilitator. Then you have the ppl that would be deployed as crisis combat units...those are the real world special forces, Navy seal, cia, army rangers, british sas, SWAT, FBI SWAT, etc etc,....

So to sum up: In the Division the agent is two real life persons (operatives) molded into one character, making a division agent to not have any real life equivalent. They are basically a one man army:)

JayMadIV
03-09-2016, 06:13 AM
now that the game is out, we can confirm that Agents come from all walks of life, not just rescue/first responders/police.

I found 3 of the Missing Agent files so far. one of them was a Defense Attorney. another was a Professional Poker Player.

ChromeGuardsman
03-17-2016, 05:02 AM
I suspect that the Strategic Homeland Division looks for recruits with useful skills. and those skills can come alongside all sorts of jobs. in fact given the role of the Division in maintaining society in the event of major catastrophes, odds are they'd recruit a wide variety of people for their knowledge and Contact networks, in order to get the maximum options.

prior training in weapons and the like probably is a bonus, but i suspect that general physical fitness is a minimum, and if a potential recruit lacks the more combat focused skills, they can arrange training in them. wouldn't be hard to arrange cover stories for such stuff.

presumably the Division would help arrange employment suited to the person while also allowing the agent to be "on call" at short notice for duty.