PDA

View Full Version : [Build] The Gunner

Dah_Marshmallow
02-04-2016, 02:43 AM
http://www.worldwide-military.com/Army%20Material/Weapons%20plaatjes/Groot/M240B.jpg
The Gunner
Long Range, Tank, Heavy Machine Gun, Squad Support

Myxam here again, with another of my builds. The Gunner is a longer range tank and debilitator, using his Heavy Machine Gun to punish foes who defy common sense with high caliber round, after high caliber round in quick succession. Mirroring the Pointman, the Gunner brings up the rear, drawing fire and enemies towards him with his loud fire and high threat, before locking them down with Suppression for easy targets from your flanking teammates.

Like the title says, you'll be favoring Light Machine Guns, and plenty of range, and lots, upon lots, upon lots of Suppression, and buffed out shots.

The Abilities

The Gunner, is going to be a lot like our Sniper, but he's going to be focused on being out of cover as much as he can stand -- because he needs to put lead down range to prevent the damage coming his way.

Smart Cover or Deployable Cover are our choices here, preferably Smart Cover, as it doesn't have a health pool like Deployable Cover supposedly does.Unless it comes out that the Turret is able to Suppress enemies. Even Sticky Bomb augmented with the Flashbang mod can be useful to us. The Point of our abilities is to either make us tankier, or give us the ability to lock down targets. Support Station and First Aid are also good choices.

My preference for this Guide will be Smart Cover with Recharger, and Support Station with the 3rd Mod, to regenerate our Ammunition.

The Talents

One is None and Stopping Powerare absolute must haves. Extending magazine life and bonus headshot damage when suppressing is too good to pass up. However, I recommend On the Move and Steady Handsfor the last two talents. Good picks are Tech Support,Wildfire , and Shock and Awe.

The Gear

The Gear, like the Sniper, is going to be Firearms based, though mixed with a healthy stack of Stamina to take the beating they're supposed to.

Primary Weapon

Light Machine Gun

Suppression is your game, and you need the ammo to do. Low RPM Light machine guns may kick like a mule but their accuracy, damage, and Suppression coefficient are the best of the Archetype. Your goal is to get your grubby mits on the Pig, or an M60 for those who don't know the nickname. RPK and M249's are also acceptable, but the M60 (or if its in the game the M240B) is our real weapon of choice.

Secondary Weapon

Assault Rifle

While its not my favorite category because of its overuse, the Assault Rifle is right behind the Light Machine Gun, and this will be your true secondary. You'll switch to this gun when you've shot all of your LMG ammo (if you even can do that with Support Station). Again, we'll want low RPM ARs, because the lower the RPM, the more damage we get from Firearms. AK-47, SCAR-L, Steyr AUG, and the Mk. 17 (This list is not comprehensive as we haven't gotten our hands on two of these weapons to see how they are).

Marksman Rifle

If your party needs more damage, these are a great thing to carry to pinch out some damage after you laid down some suppressing fire. thematically, I'd go high RPM rifles with this guy -- primarily the SCAR-H, however given our High Firearms, mathematically, you want the Bolt-actions.

Sidearm

M1911, if you've read any of my guides, you know this thing is like the bread and butter of every build I own.

Selynar
02-08-2016, 08:03 PM
I think if you're going to use a turret on this build, I'd suggest Police Up Talent as mandatory.

Police Up killing an enemy using one of your skills has a 25% chance of refilling all your ammo.

There is a good chance your turret can take the last hit on enemies especially if placed in really good spots, and who doesn't want another 500 rounds to blast at someone. Not too mention low supply box missions or DZ.

Dah_Marshmallow
02-10-2016, 12:00 AM
I think if you're going to use a turret on this build, I'd suggest Police Up Talent as mandatory.

Police Up killing an enemy using one of your skills has a 25% chance of refilling all your ammo.

There is a good chance your turret can take the last hit on enemies especially if placed in really good spots, and who doesn't want another 500 rounds to blast at someone. Not too mention low supply box missions or DZ.

With no Electronics skill -- that Turret is going to do horrible damage, if it last hits something it'll be holy providence xD. 1100 Rounds is plenty of ammo (and we can get more ammo for these, I had 200 DMR rounds by the end of Beta) to suppress people with.

Selynar
02-10-2016, 01:36 AM
Yeah, its damage won't be great, but that's not the point of it. Its a distraction and, potentially, lethal one. When you get enemies down to a sliver of health, that turret can finish them off, and start targeting again. Not to mention it will target enemies you may not be able to see. If you're distracted in large engagements and an enemy slips cover, or joins the fight, and your turret swivels to a different direction, it can act as an early warning system. Not to mention the turret will suppress, while it may not give you the suppression with bonuses, it will cause enemies to break fire and cover.

Think of it like a multipurpose tool, It locates, suppresses, damages, and distracts.

I think with those bonuses alone its worth a consideration high electronics or not.

Dah_Marshmallow
03-07-2016, 11:07 PM
Bumpity bumped for Release!

Vlisson
03-10-2016, 09:02 AM
thanks for your effort to show some guides to all the noobs like me out there =)

FknWolf
03-10-2016, 10:35 AM
Awesome guide, thanks for taking the time!

I'm still trying to get my head round the whole gear stats and how everything works.