PDA

View Full Version : Buck and Frost tactics

MI_LeadFarmer
02-03-2016, 03:04 PM
So after playing each of them I have already started to get a good feel for them and just curious how others have been utilizing these new operators?

BUCK - So far he has been a blast! The addition of the underbarrel shotty, even if simple in concept, offers a lot of depth to this operator. I have mostly used the marksmen rifle as my primary and stun grenades over breach charges. Marksmen coupled with the underbarrel gives you significant stopping power at all ranges. So far I have had success with using the underbarrel to open a nice sized hole in walls or barrcades popping a stun grenade and then getting to work with the marksmen rifle. Offensive versatility is the star for buck.

FROST - New favourite defender! Love the welcome mat, nice window and door entry defense and has to be manually destroy (emp proof). Seen and used a lot of neat tactics already with it. Frost's mats can effectively be played similar to kapkan, placing them farther from objective at entry points. However the most success i have had is with either placing them in a tight group in a high traffic area near the objective and in the objective room itself. The threat of being shot tends to make people forget about watching their feet. Frost also has my favourite shotty hands down, that thing rocks.

danh.
02-03-2016, 04:19 PM
I have yet to play a few round with Buck, not feeling comfi playing him for now

As for Frost, she is easily my most favourite roamer right now

MI_LeadFarmer
02-03-2016, 04:28 PM
I have yet to play a few round with Buck, not feeling comfi playing him for now

As for Frost, she is easily my most favourite roamer right now

Heck on hostage I surround the hostage with them and then i dont even need to be there to know if someone is going for the hostage cause without fail the first attempt someone gets snagged and then i know right where they are and have time to get back while they figure out how to destroy the traps. Best thing with grouping them is many times you will also catch the guy coming to help the first guy. Especially if they arent talking.

danh.
02-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Heck on hostage I surround the hostage with them and then i dont even need to be there to know if someone is going for the hostage cause without fail the first attempt someone gets snagged and then i know right where they are and have time to get back while they figure out how to destroy the traps. Best thing with grouping them is many times you will also catch the guy coming to help the first guy. Especially if they arent talking.

That would only work with unexperienced players, but any player that knows the game for a little bit will know that her traps are shootable.
I would use maybe 1 or 2 somewhere near the object/bomb/hostage and spare 1 or 2 to cover my back while roaming

MI_LeadFarmer
02-03-2016, 05:06 PM
That would only work with unexperienced players, but any player that knows the game for a little bit will know that her traps are shootable.
I would use maybe 1 or 2 somewhere near the object/bomb/hostage and spare 1 or 2 to cover my back while roaming

Then lets be honest. There is not a lot of "experienced" players because it works very well. However part of that I think is due to Frosts new-ness and people havent made it habit yet to look for them. Effective longterm strategies will come out of experience though. As a side not i didnt mean literally on top of the hostage just close proximity and placed in a way it blends in like its part of the scenery to the undiscerning eye.

BroHamBone
02-03-2016, 05:38 PM
Frost:
Ive noticed people placing the bear trap behind a shield that has to be vaulted over.

I place them in area's that can be vaulted over or where people try to make a quick flank around...corners etc.

ADDED EDIT: People are putting traps under barbed wire....found out first hand. :D

Buck:

Both rifles are great. I have realized after his "special" runs out, it goes directly to the primary without pause. So....you can keep spamming the shotgun and once that is finished, it instantly hits your primary and you can keep shooting. Giving you essentialy 28 something rounds combined, in a sense when the shotgun is running out, of powerful buckshot and rifle ammunition.

MI_LeadFarmer
02-03-2016, 05:53 PM
Frost:
Ive noticed people placing the bear trap behind a shield that has to be vaulted over.

I place them in area's that can be vaulted over or where people try to make a quick flank around...corners etc.

Buck:

Both rifles are great. I have realized after his "special" runs out, it goes directly to the primary without pause. So....you can keep spamming the shotgun and once that is finished, it instantly hits your primary and you can keep shooting. Giving you essentialy 28 something rounds combined, in a sense when the shotgun is running out, of powerful buckshot and rifle ammunition.

I think Buck is getting a bad rap cause there isnt an obvious gimmick with his gadget. I like and to play off what you were saying from an offensive standpoint hes got a lot of power and can throw down a lot of fire quickly and effectively.

BuffedAndLoaded
02-06-2016, 04:49 PM
Frost's trap is great, behind shields, for window hoppers, hidden in barbed wire, o ground that's dark and gray/black, for rushing last minute, etc.

TOR_Carlitos
02-06-2016, 08:57 PM
Frost:

ADDED EDIT: People are putting traps under barbed wire....found out first hand. :D

behind shields, under wire, under windows, in poorly illuminated places, and just below roof hatches. those are my places of choice. as secondary I usually take the shield.

in hostage situations, near the hostage, just in case they run out of time and try to run with the hostage (similar to the way I place electric barbed wires with bandit).

I haven't played that much with buck, but I prefer the assault to the marksman. I prefer to fight short to medium range rather than medium-long.