PDA

View Full Version : Help with Flaps

pinhead1376
04-05-2004, 02:52 PM
What is the proper way to change your flaps in combat? It seems that every time I change my settings in flight they get jammed. I know you should not change them during high speeds, but what other way is there? Any tips would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks.

pinhead1376
04-05-2004, 02:52 PM
What is the proper way to change your flaps in combat? It seems that every time I change my settings in flight they get jammed. I know you should not change them during high speeds, but what other way is there? Any tips would be greatley appreciated.

Thanks.

carguy_
04-05-2004, 03:06 PM
1.If you want to hang the longest you can in the air ,enable landing flaps at 200-180km\h speed.You will slow down but the bogie trying to climb behind you will fall quicker without flaps giving you the edge in the DF.

2.Combat flaps are usable at every speed AFAIK.You can use them to, for example,tighten the turn at high speed.Very helpful if you need that wonder deflection shot.

3.When you want/are forced to belly land,use landing flaps to slow down to 160-140km/h.This will give you some lift and the impact with the ground will serve you with a nice belly touchdown.

http://carguy.w.interia.pl/tracki/sig23d.jpg