PDA

View Full Version : It better be better than the two Flop games you made!

Sgt-Deathrax
01-30-2016, 03:17 PM
I really hope you follow in the tradition of real ghost recon. And ditch the fancy gadgets and rely on game atmosphere and realism! Just like your other two previous flop games Rainbow six siege where the terrorist have better equipment than you they spot you and hunt you down like they were T-800s (Terminators). silenced weapon's means squat. Just like Rainbow six let down! And The Division I am lost for words with that game. If I wanted to play destiny and repeat the same crap over and over again. I would log into Destiny. Got bored playing The Division Beta within 30 minutes. You would of been better having zombies or terminators walk the streets bringing the real feeling of survival and fear of being hunted down! But this game gave me nothing but the grind!

Cortexian
02-01-2016, 09:34 AM
Sorry that you didn't like The Division, personally it's been extremely fun. I just finished up playing it for almost 20 hours straight with a couple small breaks in between.

The AI in Rainbow Six Siege are designed to hunt players down with that level of ruthlessness in order to provide an extremely difficult challenge, and it works very well. The AI in Wildlands are designed to be systemic and reactive to your actions as a player, but I believe they are also designed to behave more "realistically" than those found in Siege.

There are still some fancy gadgets like drones in the game. You can expect the Ghosts in Wildlands to have access to all sorts of man-portable tech that you would expect to see elite special forces operators using in the next few years.

UbiKeeba
02-01-2016, 05:00 PM
We are listening to all the feedback we see here on the forums, and are trying to implement as much as we can. Please, if you have some constructive feedback on what you'd like to see in the game, we would love to hear what you would like to see. :)

Flaw3dGenius23
02-01-2016, 06:26 PM
We are listening to all the feedback we see here on the forums, and are trying to implement as much as we can. Please, if you have some constructive feedback on what you'd like to see in the game, we would love to hear what you would like to see. :)

Gadget wise less is more. :cool:

jeannaq
02-01-2016, 06:37 PM

I could suggest one thing that I know will never make it into The Division, and that would be to add that mythical offline mode for when you only intend to play solo and the PvE. I know of a lot of people who would buy it for than function alone, so it would boost sales. Though we all know how much Ubisoft likes MMOs so an offline option will never see the light of day.

Cyb3rs34l
02-02-2016, 12:46 AM
Ubisoft has released some bad eggs according to some people, however these aren't the same devs that built those games they have a lot of offices all over the world so to take aggressive tones with them because you don't like what the other offices/studios put out just isn't fair to them and their current project.

Personally, I'd like to have a beautiful open world game that my friends and I can enjoy together. Nothing about this game is like destiny ithe reminds me more of Pandemic studios (RIP)Mercenaries series but more updated. I understand they are pretty much set on how the game is going to turn out at this stage in the game but I'd like to see more random missions and encounters. I had made a post in the breakfast club section but for some reason it was pulled down.

They had made a comment about mini games and to me I hope they didn't put them in. I'D much rather prefer hard side missions for rewards. like I had stated before I think that performing a raid on a cartel armory for rare weapons would be awesome but who says their always has to be a reward maybe you got bad Intel and where set up for an ambush.Or maybe at times the cartel is tracking you and hunting you down or trying to turn other factions against you so that you always have to be weary of what you do and whom you trust.

This game has a lot of potential and I can't wait to see it upon release the only games I play are military games and a game like this has been long over due to hit the market and given the right feed back from community members they have a opportunity to build a well established franchise that we can all enjoy over time.

GiveMeTactical
02-02-2016, 02:22 AM
Ubisoft has released some bad eggs according to some people, however these aren't the same devs that built those games .

And if you believe that, let me tell you that I have a condo on top of the Golden Bridge I would love to sell you for cheap. Now, honest, this condo is like no other condo you have ever seen and it is unique, the only one in the world.. LOL

Do you honestly believe the other dev houses that, btw, are also owned by UBI, those who made all of those other shooters are inept and/or don't know what they are doing? perhaps these new guys were brought in from Mars and are the dogs bollox... my bad, perhaps you are right.

All UBI shooters are full of potential, perhaps the most potential of any other shooter game, even more so than CoD, the problem is UBI being the money hungry mongers that they are ruin their own games and reputation.

Cyb3rs34l
02-02-2016, 06:12 AM
And if you believe that, let me tell you that I have a condo on top of the Golden Bridge I would love to sell you for cheap. Now, honest, this condo is like no other condo you have ever seen and it is unique, the only one in the world.. LOL

Do you honestly believe the other dev houses that, btw, are also owned by UBI, those who made all of those other shooters are inept and/or don't know what they are doing? perhaps these new guys were brought in from Mars and are the dogs bollox... my bad, perhaps you are right.

All UBI shooters are full of potential, perhaps the most potential of any other shooter game, even more so than CoD, the problem is UBI being the money hungry mongers that they are ruin their own games and reputation.

Sorry you feel that way, but if that's how you feel then why even be on the forums, If you think all of their games are made so terribly?

I'm here trying to give constructive criticism all you seem to be able to do is come with malice an venom towards people whom are trying to build a form of entertainment for all of us to enjoy and you've yet to see how this game plays, and yet you seem to have factual evidence that it's already in a sad state and that speaks more about how you view your life and are trying to take it out on others because they have a difference in opinion.

So rather than speaking about how I or others view another person's efforts into something we enjoy and you do not, why don't you actually write a post on how to help them develop a game that doesn't have those flaws.

And I take it you've also never written a single line of code for any program, you probably couldn't even tell me the 3 types of programming or use a flow chart. I did go to school and I have done some very basic programming in c++ and VB and I can tell you it is by no means an easy task accept for those whom have an adept ability for it and it is very very time consuming to debug code more so when it's being developed over multiple offices and over multiple locations, but I digress.

To the Devs please keep up the good work and thank you for the long hours your pouring over this project, some come with blinders over their eyes and have nothing nice to say. I know how difficult programming is which is why I chose a different career path and I thank each of you involved and hope that you know many of us still have faith in your work and I cannot wait to see this sexy beast in action on my PS4 when it's released.

SuperBiscotCOT
02-02-2016, 08:11 AM
Sorry you feel that way, but if that's how you feel then why even be on the forums, If you think all of their games are made so terribly?

I already asked him this question and his answer will be "to make people aware of the fact that UBI games are bad don't buy them bla, bla, bla"
Actually I understand his point of vue and he is worry and it's normal with some games that were realeased recently. But I don't understand his "crusade" on forums. I think we are all intelligent and we can take our own decisions.
Some pessimistic writers never wrote something intesting ( and it's unnaceptable to have on the majority of your posts only negative feelings), but some of them give real ideas (don't know if it's the case of GiveMeTactical ).
A lot of person think that a devlopment of a game is easy but it's actually one of the riskiest industry.

And yes Devs keep the good work ! :)

MajGeneralNZAC
02-02-2016, 11:31 AM
I really hope you follow in the tradition of real ghost recon. And ditch the fancy gadgets and rely on game atmosphere and realism! Just like your other two previous flop games Rainbow six siege where the terrorist have better equipment than you they spot you and hunt you down like they were T-800s (Terminators). silenced weapon's means squat. Just like Rainbow six let down! And The Division I am lost for words with that game. If I wanted to play destiny and repeat the same crap over and over again. I would log into Destiny. Got bored playing The Division Beta within 30 minutes. You would of been better having zombies or terminators walk the streets bringing the real feeling of survival and fear of being hunted down! But this game gave me nothing but the grind!

Why would you only play terrorist hunt? The game was made solely for multiplayer, so playing against other people will obviously be better than playing against AI. The PvP aspect is terrific. Why call a game a let down based solely on one of the lesser aspects of the game.

GiveMeTactical
02-04-2016, 04:22 AM
We gave constructive criticism back when ubi was hyping graw & vegas, then again when graw 2 & vegas 2 came out, so on and so forth and did they listen? I will leave that up to you.

Do you have any factual evidence that these devs are better than the other nes? or that ubi will let them finish the game before launch?

So if I don't know how to code I should just shut the hell up and pay full price for a mediocre and/or half finished game? is that your way of looking at life?

I am not an engineer nor have a clue as to how to make a car but I can guarantee you that I am going to scream and shout if I go buy a complete car and they sell me a turd with 3 wheels instead of 4 and I am not allowed to return it.

Perhaps if more people would tell ubi about the crap they are churning every year, they would listen because they would feel it in their bank accounts. That you believe that they listen or will pay attention to what you say is just nice but unrealistic... factual evidence since they haven't done so since 2005? What evidence to contradict that do you have?

But again, I am wishing that ubi will make me eat a plate of turd this time around for all the hardship I am causing here but I am not going to hold my breath and I rather not come back to tell you "I told you so" when the thing flops and needs a 15 GB patch at launch.

Ghost Sniper33
02-04-2016, 04:16 PM
I miss Red Storm... Thats when these games were at their best

Flaw3dGenius23
02-05-2016, 04:01 AM
I miss Red Storm... Thats when these games were at their best

Did Ubi disband them?

Lolssi
02-05-2016, 12:16 PM
Did Ubi disband them?
Someone correct my mistakes. No Red Storm is Ubi studio but I don't think they're the main studio when developing games anymore. They do things like weapon sounds and stuff for different games (This and Division I think).

"When you were researching the weapons that would be featured in Ghost Recon Wildlands, what were you looking for in terms of weapons the Ghosts would use? The Cartel?

Dominic: Ghost Recon Wildlands is the latest in a long line of Ghost Recon games and a big part of that heritage is authenticity. Our fans have come to expect this from the Tom Clancy franchise and this game is no different. As such, we and Ubi Authenticity (out of Red Storm Entertainment in the US) have worked long and hard with authenticity advisors to ensure not only that the weapons look and feel appropriate, but also that they are relevant to time and geographical constraints."

Ghost Sniper33
02-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Someone correct my mistakes. No Red Storm is Ubi studio but I don't think they're the main studio when developing games anymore. They do things like weapon sounds and stuff for different games (This and Division I think).

"When you were researching the weapons that would be featured in Ghost Recon Wildlands, what were you looking for in terms of weapons the Ghosts would use? The Cartel?

Dominic: Ghost Recon Wildlands is the latest in a long line of Ghost Recon games and a big part of that heritage is authenticity. Our fans have come to expect this from the Tom Clancy franchise and this game is no different. As such, we and Ubi Authenticity (out of Red Storm Entertainment in the US) have worked long and hard with authenticity advisors to ensure not only that the weapons look and feel appropriate, but also that they are relevant to time and geographical constraints."

I think you hit it on the head, what I ment is that i miss when they ran the show- hell they were Tom Clancy since he was one of the founders of that studio. Once UBI took lead and it wasn't Red Storm leading the games started to faulter.

he1nz
02-05-2016, 04:03 PM
We should all accept the fact that Ubisoft bought the Tom Clancy name, and therefore they can do whatever they want within that agreement. Thats how it is. And it is useless to complain about it ☺

Ghost Sniper33
02-05-2016, 04:15 PM
We should all accept the fact that Ubisoft bought the Tom Clancy name, and therefore they can do whatever they want within that agreement. Thats how it is. And it is useless to complain about it ☺
We can accept it, but don't have to like it.

I've been going back and rereading his novels, and i'm on red rabbit(trying to read them in order of the story not how the came out) and its just amazing how far the games have gotten from how he told stories. you look at the first Rainbow Six and it almost followed the Book to the T. then the 2 expansions kept the theme. Rouge Spear could have been made into another Rainbow Six book. and its slowly moved away - aagain as Tom had less and less control.

and now - I bet if he was alive today, He wouldn't recoginze anything his name is attached to from Ubi and its a real shame that his legacy is being tarnished like that.

Cortexian
02-06-2016, 08:32 AM
I've accepted it, and I'm eagerly awaiting Tom Clancy's Just Dance!

More seriously: As far as I'm aware, after having talked extensively with Thom Clancy (https://twitter.com/ThomClancy) (Tom Clancy's son) at E3... He's a fan of what Ubisoft have done with The Division AND Ghost Recon Wildlands so far. That's got to be credit for something.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, as Thom is perfectly capable of expressing himself, and often does.

GiveMeTactical
02-06-2016, 09:17 PM
Me. I'm the evidence.

All I have done is post on this forum, and then I got an email to my gamer account asking me to come to Paris to tell the Devs what I think of the game. Which I have done and continue to do.
All well and dandy but the game is not out yet so the jury's still out on whether they will listen to you or if this is just part of a new marketing way to have trusting people like you praise their game only to be let down at the end. I may be a skeptic but as of yet, they have not done anything to make me change my mind about their shoddy way of doing business.

Ghost Sniper33
02-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Some of the things we suggest and ask for will be in the game, some won't. Listening and considering isn't the same as giving us control over the design.
I just hope that Its the important thigns we get - and not the trival things.
and I get wahts important to me aren't to everyone.

but I can bet that the top 5 important thigns for most include:
realism - real damage effects real weapon actions real movements ect.

Real weapons
pre plannign
smart AI - both "home and away"

Others i think IMO aren't as important but again that sjust me

Cortexian
02-08-2016, 07:44 PM
I'm gonna be frank here.

Fully realistic damage would be boring as hell. Humans are extremely fragile creatures when it comes to warfare. There's a reason we've invented armored vehicles and aircraft, and are moving towards unmanned vehicles to conduct our warfare for us. I don't want fully realistic damage models in my shooters, because I want my shooters to be fun. I'd like them to be "relatively realistic", in which reality says "hey, this is a video game and it needs to be fun before everything else".

Realistic movements for weapons and actions can only go so far. Motion capture has had an enormous impact on the video game and CGI industry in the past few years. They used motion capture of real ex-military special forces guys for previous Tom Clancy games, and I doubt they'll throw that out the window for Wildlands. It's a great way to get your basic animations down, then simply have your animators fine tune anything that the motion capture system couldn't handle (fine movements, etc).

Now without building a totally new -not yet seen in gaming- animation system with hundreds if not thousands of different animation combinations... You will never see perfectly realistic weapon and character animations in a game. As far as I'm aware, they technology just isn't at a point where it wouldn't also require thousands of man hours to nail everything down perfectly. So the animations will be good, I'm sure, but not perfect yet.

There will be real weapons. Every weapon I saw when we played the game in Paris (and weapons I saw on devs monitors and in concept art) were real world weapons. I didn't see a single weapon that wasn't real. I saw no "concept guns" that weren't actually in production. I saw no "future guns" that haven't even been conceptualized yet. The Ghost Recon teams have always done a pretty good job at getting real world guns done correctly whenever they implemented them. Some minor animation/texturing issues aside. They're devs, not operators. They don't walk around the office strapped with HK416's and 870 Tactical shorty breaching shotguns all day for reference... As cool as that would be.

Pre-planning is definitely something I'd like to see implemented as an option. I'd also like the option of a simple "follow me" type command for my squad though. You know, for when my pre-planned op goes into SHTF mode and everything starts to fall apart.

The AI were relatively smart in the development build we played already. I'm sure they'll only get better. We'll have to wait and see until some more people get to go hands on and report their findings.

Bottom line is this: It's a game, first and foremost. Games need to be fun. It's not attempting to be a simulator like ArmA. If you look at a lot of the ArmA missions that the community has made, many of the hardcore "realistic" features have been removed, or simply not utilized in their entirety. Why? Because they aren't fun over an extended period. As "neat" as a fatigue system is, when dealing with a huge open environment it's kind of annoy to deal with sometimes. Basically, sacrifices must be made in the realism department to make games fun. Just like how some games need to make graphical quality sacrifices to make performance better.

It's all about finding the right balance of mechanics... Realistic VS. fun. Pretty graphics VS. performance. Etc.

Ghost Sniper33
02-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Depends on what you call fun, Cort.

Shooting a guy in a game because I'm smarter than he is, I out-thought him, I used the map better than he did and I got the first hit in, but then I lose the gun fight because he's better than me with his right thumb is not fun for me. High damage models boil down to unrealistic behaviours, which is fun for some and game breaking for others.

Big, high player-count shooters kind of need high damage as it helps to limit the frustration of random dumb luck after travelling several minutes to the objective, but GR, like R6, is a different vibe to that. You pull off a dumb stunt, you get punished, no second chances.

bingo,
I've had times where I crawled for 10 minutes just to get 1 shoted in the head - its frustrating but deserved since i didn't use my cover. it shouldn't take more then maybe 3 shots to put someone down - ever.

Cortexian
02-09-2016, 12:45 AM
Exactly, I agree with that too.

My point was that games like ArmA, which focus entirely on realism, aren't always fun without changes to make them more fun. I could literally spent 20 minutes transitioning from base to the AO in ArmA, only to get off a helicopter or truck convoy, get shot once and die.

That's not fun.

Well, for me it is because I'm usually the helicopter pilot so I don't need to deal with the dying part. I just turn around and go back to base to shuttle more people around. :)

Timberley
02-09-2016, 07:18 AM
Well, Cort, this is why I keep hoping that they'll lean towards the OGR damage model as a solution. I never found OGR to be as realistic as OFP or Arma, but it was definitely punishing if you didn't think through the consequences of your initial plan. There have been countless times I've had to restart a mission because I didn't think about my flanks (for example) and subsequently got a couple of the team killed. But, on all occasions, it felt like it was my fault because I hadn't considered the map properly and had run straight forward, thinking the area to be clear, and forgetting about the ridge line to my front/side, or the thicker copse of trees to my right.

I agree with keeping the game fun, but I'd prefer them to err on the side of realism with it. Meanwhile, Arma3 delights and frustrates me in equal measure because of its almost slavish adherence to realism, despite the swivel-eyed lunacy of the AI sometimes. However, Arma-level is not what I'm looking for.

Tim

meathead_79
02-26-2016, 02:32 AM
All I want is one shot head kills from sniper rifles at any range! I love everything about GRFS damage, except that it seems sniper rifles can take 2-3 head shots to kill from any distance longer than 100 meters.

GiveMeTactical
02-27-2016, 08:05 PM
1 Shot in the head even with a 9mm handgun should drop/kill anybody... unless of course he is wearing a kevlar protective head gear, then at least with a pistol he could recover but if 5.56 or 7.62 he should not get back up.

1 shot with a pistol or assault weapon on the body should drop anybody... if using protective gear, it should at least move him back and hinder his movements for a couple of seconds giving you time to finish him off if need be.

Many a times I have unloaded a full Pistol Mag onto an enemy that came out of nowhere (perhaps a corner) but I was fortunate enough to shoot first (headshot or not) only to be killed because the guy did not even flinched and buckshot me into oblivion... as an example. And I could go on but I am sure the Devs know what I am taking about. And Yes, we all know this is not the Devs decision but UBI so perhaps community Managers should be sending memos to the Wigs and not the Devs when it comes to allowing more realistic gameplay... even the run-and-gun dude wants more realism when it comes to bullets.

This thing where you load half a clip into an enemy AI and he is still capable of shooting back and kill you to boot is what I hate and mean about Arcade-ish. I get we are playing a game and I sometimes deserve to be kill for not wanting to use my teammates,but after all, I pay for a game I should be the one doing the shooting and not them LOL. What I mean about the game being realistic or Sim-like is exactly what I said above.

MAJ0R_K0NG
03-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Gadget wise less is more. :cool:

+1. More grit, less gadgets.

StealthTallyFox
03-01-2016, 02:07 PM
am I the only pro-gadgets here? kinda liked the ability to "cheese" the whole thing

no gadgets in fine though, gotta get some experience on not relying on them

GiveMeTactical
03-05-2016, 03:47 PM
We all love gadgets, after all, you wouldn't be human if you didn't :D

I believe its all about Balancing the scales a bit. Its like when someone gives you a small piece of a hellacious good cake and you remember that piece until the next time you have another small piece, etc, etc, etc. What happens when you have half of that hellacious good cake? you feel like vomiting and not having it for a very long time...

UBI should set the Devs free, to a point, and allow them them time to do what they do best... make a pontential humongous game into the coolest game ever... instead off only a "Potential Game that flopped at Launch"

Flaw3dGenius23
03-06-2016, 03:55 AM
am I the only pro-gadgets here? kinda liked the ability to "cheese" the whole thing

no gadgets in fine though, gotta get some experience on not relying on them

Gadgets are purely put in to get the casual crowd on side.

Cannot find the enemy...why not use a gadget instead of using your brain and light up the enemy like a ****ing Christmas tree!

Modern gaming is horrible...but apperently this Ghost Recon is not going to be like this.........

GiveMeTactical
03-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Well, I have to disagree Bluefox, OGR and as a special forces recon unit gave you a technological advantage over the enemy by letting you know they were there but not Pin Point precision silhouette style even behind solid metal objects... I believe that's what Flaw3d meant to say.

Now, I also don't recall being able to turn that option off when playing the campaign. That or I sucked so much that I needed all the help I could get and I left it on but by default.

In the end, FPV or TPV, Full Gadgets or No Gadgets... all we want (or at least I want) is for the Devs to waste as much time making everything else correct, being weapon sounds, ergos (weapons... see CoD as example), difference between bullet penetration, body movements, artificial intelligence (both team mates & enemy... this is extremely necessary for the best gameplay immersion) as they do making the world pretty so when we choose all the different options we find ourselves happy with our decision changes.