PDA

View Full Version : Servers maintenance Friday, January 29

Ubi_Yannick
01-28-2016, 06:34 PM
Agents,

The servers will shut down for a scheduled maintenance on Friday, January 29 at 10:00 CET, 04:00 AM EST, 01:00 AM PST.
Estimated downtime is approximately 3 hours. Please follow this thread for any updates as the maintenance progresses.

Thanks for your patience during this downtime.

The Division Team

sweatygunt
01-28-2016, 10:26 PM
Hopefully it fixes all the bugs and error messages..

drinkc0ke
01-29-2016, 08:26 AM
Bummer… I was hoping that the nightly maintenance would've stayed in the alpha.

Suggestion: Plan maintenance for downtimes, such as 6 or 7am EST. The early morning crowd is always sparse, whereas the late night crowd is always popping off.

FOXY_BEARD
01-29-2016, 10:08 AM
Bummer… I was hoping that the nightly maintenance would've stayed in the alpha.

Suggestion: Plan maintenance for downtimes, such as 6 or 7am EST. The early morning crowd is always sparse, whereas the late night crowd is always popping off.

their office is sweden, for them its the best time after 24h of play, i prefer lose 3h in beta and better game in march

seekified
01-29-2016, 10:10 AM
People forget that we're here to help Massive build a better game. Enjoyment of the alpha and beta is a very secondary consideration, even if there's lots of enjoyment to be had. ;)

titusthefox
01-29-2016, 10:13 AM
I thought you guys said you weren't doing any server maintenance unless you absolutely had too. What is the reason for this maintenance?

xTR3NCHx
01-29-2016, 10:15 AM
I thought you guys said you weren't doing any server maintenance unless you absolutely had too. What is the reason for this maintenance?

Because they feel like it? Seriously.. Anyhow, yeah they need to run an update cause the joining group=game freeze or=boot out of game=bug is annoying as hell.

titusthefox
01-29-2016, 10:20 AM
Because they feel like it? Seriously.. Anyhow, yeah they need to run an update cause the joining group=game freeze or=boot out of game=bug is annoying as hell.

Alright, thanks for the info.

Just to be clear; I'm not complaining about there being a maintenance, just not an explanation what it is for.

Cpt VooDoo
01-29-2016, 11:01 AM
This was damn bad luck. Just as my download finished, I started it up and the server maintenance message appeared... :-) Well all for the better I guess! Will try it out later

Odd Breakfast
01-29-2016, 11:24 AM
Its exactly for the 3 hours prior to the ps4 and pc bet start... Coincidence? No. Its deliberate. Chill out people.

Scraddog
01-29-2016, 11:25 AM

They probably need the maintenance to enable the PC and PS4 specific parts of the servers for the Beta.

drinkc0ke
01-29-2016, 11:40 AM
their office is sweden, for them its the best time after 24h of play, i prefer lose 3h in beta and better game in march

People forget that we're here to help Massive build a better game. Enjoyment of the alpha and beta is a very secondary consideration, even if there's lots of enjoyment to be had. ;)

I am not suggesting that they forego maintenance to please the player base. I acknowledge that there is a time difference, but we are talking about moving the maintenance period from 10:00am - 1:00pm CET (Sweden's time zone) to 1:00pm - 4:00pm CET, which is 7:00am - 10:00am EST, when there is a lull in player traffic in the US (The Division's primary market). Finishing maintenance at 4:00pm means that the developers still get to go home early.

However, I am surprised that this argument gets made so often because one would expect the development studio to prioritize player satisfaction and increased testing time over scheduling maintenance at a time that is convenient for them. Businesses regularly prioritize the customer over the employee, or at least the successful ones do--it's Business 101. I commonly work nights & weekends as a software development project manager, even when the client is at fault, because that is how I guarantee client satisfaction and repeat business.

So I don't think delaying taking the servers down by 3 hours is an unreasonable suggestion. Please feel free to disagree, but I would ask that you avoid this argument, since upon examination, there is little merit to be found. Cheers.

ArmyWolve
01-29-2016, 11:51 AM
I understand the fact its a 3-hour downtime but what I don't understand is there's no thread showing the patch notes on the servers while they are down.

Jahosefat
01-29-2016, 12:46 PM
I understand the fact its a 3-hour downtime but what I don't understand is there's no thread showing the patch notes on the servers while they are down.

probably because there is no patch

ArmyWolve
01-29-2016, 12:52 PM
probably prepping for ps4 and pc than

SynthetiXxX
01-29-2016, 12:58 PM
No patch = Hope everyone has fun dying since that's all my crew has left since the good loot doesn't even work. They need to patch the DZ crates. I don't care when they have to hotfix it but it needs to be done.

MtOlympus
01-29-2016, 01:03 PM
I agree with some of the points about maintenance periods etc, and I think they can probably do it at a better time, but we're Beta testing guys, it's a privilege that we're playing it at all, and it's free. The only suggestion I would make, not a gripe, just a mere suggestion, is that you could just tell us what time it is in OUR localised time zone - I'm sure there's a way you could have it change based on where the connection is coming from. Rather selfishly, I took for granted that everyone always included GMT in any such announcement, but just recently it seems no one bothers. We're used to everyone speaking our language and running on our time, cause we're arrogant I guess, but as above, perhaps letting each user know what time it is in their locality would be cool.
Aside from that, excellent game from what I've seen so far, really impressed. Will do a full write up for the devs when the beta has ended.

drinkc0ke
01-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Servers are back up!

SouthHunter512
01-29-2016, 01:07 PM
I agree with some of the points about maintenance periods etc, and I think they can probably do it at a better time, but we're Beta testing guys, it's a privilege that we're playing it at all, and it's free. The only suggestion I would make, not a gripe, just a mere suggestion, is that you could just tell us what time it is in OUR localised time zone - I'm sure there's a way you could have it change based on where the connection is coming from. Rather selfishly, I took for granted that everyone always included GMT in any such announcement, but just recently it seems no one bothers. We're used to everyone speaking our language and running on our time, cause we're arrogant I guess, but as above, perhaps letting each user know what time it is in their locality would be cool.
Aside from that, excellent game from what I've seen so far, really impressed. Will do a full write up for the devs when the beta has ended.

Thing is it's not actually a 'privilege' when the majority of people have pre-ordered and payed to get a Beta code........

smo0k
01-29-2016, 01:23 PM
I know they said approximately... But it has been 3.5 hours, any updates on the maintenance?

smo0k
01-29-2016, 01:26 PM
Servers are back up!

Not afaik. I just tried, still sais down for maintenance...

drinkc0ke
01-29-2016, 02:00 PM
I know they said approximately... But it has been 3.5 hours, any updates on the maintenance?

Not afaik. I just tried, still sais down for maintenance...

Yea, ignore the message and start the game up--it'll log you in. I'm currently playing and a ton of other people are too. The servers went back up at 7:00am EST. I'm on Xbox One by the way.

srofai
01-29-2016, 02:06 PM
Trying to login for the PC beta and get Error Mike 20240078 services not available. Can't just ignore the error it takes me to start screen over and over.

TierneyNori
01-29-2016, 02:18 PM
I can login to uplay and it promts me to download an update for Division but then I get:

'Uplay is unable to start your download. Check that you have an active internet connection and sufficient space on your hard drive then try again.'

My connection is fine, I'm logged in to Uplay and I have more than 100GB on my hard drive...
With all the Steam users not getting to play right now, the servers shouldn't be on high load to deny access o.O

Brown O8
01-29-2016, 04:14 PM
Its exactly for the 3 hours prior to the ps4 and pc bet start... Coincidence? No. Its deliberate. Chill out people.

Agreed. Downtime now is better than a bad game later. Lots of bugs to work out but hey isn't that what the beta is for.

Rydert526
01-29-2016, 05:58 PM
ANyone else having issues where they get an email saying you have guaranteed beta access and once the beta starts you will get email with access key, but then never get a key?

Please help!

Isaac_Leaf
01-29-2016, 06:21 PM
I have preordered The Division and went to the website and signed up for the Beta access. I got the confirmation bot No Beta KEY.

drinkc0ke
01-29-2016, 07:33 PM
ANyone else having issues where they get an email saying you have guaranteed beta access and once the beta starts you will get email with access key, but then never get a key?

Please help!

I have preordered The Division and went to the website and signed up for the Beta access. I got the confirmation bot No Beta KEY.

Check out the announcement thread for how to obtain your download code if you haven't received or deleted your email:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1376695-Closed-Beta-Where-do-I-find-my-beta-key

skullbashe
01-30-2016, 01:15 AM
It is 4:13 PM PST and the maintenance should be over as I can see people playing it on the main site but I cannot get in. I get error DELTA 20010159 The Division services are not available at this time and now MIKE 20240078. I am on PC and I have pre ordered and already entered beta key and whatnot hence why I am able to even launch the game. I don't see any support for people getting these errors so what is going on?

CataclysmFurya.
01-30-2016, 11:08 AM
oh well... guess that is what BETA is for but still... such a long maintenance I mean... c'mon.... Rainbow Six Siege all over.... take our money, and deliver a ****ty, buggy, alpha game. It will be march 8 soon so... I hope they will be in time. Another company who thinks more about making money then delivering a "finished" game. Its so poor now a days compared to the past (obviously games where less complex there but still). Then again, Division is already 100 times better then Rainbow Six Siege (last of Ubi****s release) ever will be so we have good hopes :)

Hope maintenance will be over quick

uiyo87
01-30-2016, 11:19 AM
When the repaired server in the division?

Pee.Dog
01-30-2016, 11:29 AM
i need to work today.please extend the beta with a day or some

DethroCZ
01-30-2016, 11:33 AM

Sure mate, they are going to extend a beta just because of couple people must go to work.

Sedro89
01-30-2016, 12:11 PM
So, who is Mike and why is he not working? :D

bethge_netz
01-30-2016, 12:17 PM

haha ;D

M0ai
01-30-2016, 12:17 PM
Its so poor now a days compared to the past (obviously games where less complex there but still)

I been playing games since the 80's and remember a tonne of "past" games being buggy as hell on release and having NO support.... Ever.. :/
you just went oh well and worked around it or played something else lolz.

HolyBlindness
01-30-2016, 12:18 PM

Because his ticket (20240078) won the jackpot in the lottery and now he is off for a world trip

LynxP
01-30-2016, 12:30 PM
This is gonna be shortest beta weekend. Ever.

ZarkowTH
01-30-2016, 12:34 PM

Absolutely not - most of us need to go to work on Monday!

Lord-Mok
01-30-2016, 12:39 PM
What is the status of the server maintenance? :-)

randimguy
01-30-2016, 12:40 PM
it is upp now!!

Skelterize
01-30-2016, 01:43 PM
it is upp now!!

That's odd, not getting in.

*edit*
My bad, wrong day. lol