PDA

View Full Version : Minor problems

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 06:14 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Yak-7's axis of rotation is off center (it is farther back than it should be). This is a minor yet irritably noticable problem and should be corrected. Anyone else notice this? I'm curious because I have never heard even a comment about it, and I think it is quite glaring. It is the reason I never fly the Yak-7 (apart from it being pretty crappy).

Also, in many planes not all levers/knobs are animated for mixture, magnetos, superchargers, etc. It would be nice to have these all animated, don't you think? Just wanted to point these out.

EDIT: Arrrrrr....sorry about all the edits...forum bug

------------------------------------------

"If you put tomfoolery into a computer, nothing comes out of it but tomfoolery. But this tomfoolery, having passed through a very expensive machine, is somehow enobled and no-one dares criticize it." - Pierre Gallois

Message Edited on 08/02/03 10:16PM by computer_67

Message Edited on 08/02/03 10:17PM by computer_67

Message Edited on 08/02/03 10:19PM by computer_67

Message Edited on 08/02/0310:20PM by computer_67

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 06:14 AM
I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the Yak-7's axis of rotation is off center (it is farther back than it should be). This is a minor yet irritably noticable problem and should be corrected. Anyone else notice this? I'm curious because I have never heard even a comment about it, and I think it is quite glaring. It is the reason I never fly the Yak-7 (apart from it being pretty crappy).

Also, in many planes not all levers/knobs are animated for mixture, magnetos, superchargers, etc. It would be nice to have these all animated, don't you think? Just wanted to point these out.

EDIT: Arrrrrr....sorry about all the edits...forum bug

"If you put tomfoolery into a computer, nothing comes out of it but tomfoolery. But this tomfoolery, having passed through a very expensive machine, is somehow enobled and no-one dares criticize it." - Pierre Gallois

Message Edited on 08/02/03 10:16PM by computer_67

Message Edited on 08/02/03 10:17PM by computer_67

Message Edited on 08/02/03 10:19PM by computer_67

Message Edited on 08/02/0310:20PM by computer_67

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 06:20 AM
computer_67 wrote:
- I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the
- Yak-7's axis of rotation is off center (it is
- farther back than it should be)

Axis of rotation? There are three axis on an aircraft all controlled be the three main controlling surfaces, which one are you reffering to??

rgds

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 06:21 AM
All three. The axes (if you prefer) are placed further back than in the other aircraft. If you do a hard turn in the Yak-7 you might see what I mean (from external view only I find).

Message Edited on 08/02/0310:22PM by computer_67

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 06:24 AM
Major proof: if you go in the object viewer, select Yak-3 or any other plane besides Yak-7 and then select the Yak-7, it will move forward considerably. That is because the planes are centered in terms of their axes of rotation in the object viewer.

I don't know how else to describe it. Turning center? Movement center?

XyZspineZyX
08-03-2003, 06:37 AM
Okay, I know what you mean, so the axis controlled by the aelions is okay since it goes from nose to tail. I guess the other two can be determined by flying the aircraft.
I haven't noticed if there are any similarities between the FM and the object viewer and have to withdraw from the discussion.

rgds