PDA

View Full Version : Patch 1.7 announcement

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-22-2016, 05:00 PM
Hello Heroes,

Today the Might & Magic team is glad to announce to you the upcoming availability of Patch 1.7, to be released in early-February.
In addition to the first Campaign of the Lost Tales of Axeoth, this update will also provide several fixes for the game and especially related to the multiplayer experience with the introduction of automatic port forwarding and various out of sync fixes.

Let’s have a quick look of what is coming next with this new patch! More elements and details to be shared with full release patch log.

1. The Lost Tales of Axeoth: Unity
More info to come!

2. Level-cap Removal
Many of you have been asking for it since the announcement of the game, we are pleased to announce that the level cap in all skirmish map (not available on Campaigns or Scenario maps) will be removed with Patch 1.7.

New maximum level for Heroes is now set to 999!

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/160122_Patch_Ann/Img_Cap.jpg

3. Main Menu reorganisation
With the additional elements populating the main menu, we decided to offer a new disposition to improve visibility and readability of this one. All single and multiplayer modes are now separated and the option button is back on main layout.

https://ubistatic-a.akamaihd.net/0004/prod/images/160122_Patch_Ann/Img_Menu.jpg

4. Online Connectivity Improvements
The team is continually working on out of sync issues and this patch will provide a new batch of fixes for those ones (more details to come with full patch note).

Moreover, 1.7 will introduce STORM (already mentioned on https://mmh7.ubi.com/en/blog/post/view/patch-1-6-announcement), allowing better connectivity between players but also a NAT indicator to make sure your network is properly setup for online experience (port forwarding, router security policy etc.).

5. Additional elements
Finally, this patch will also provide other improvements and fixes to be detailed at release. To name but a few:
Some balancing.
Additional keybindings.
Editor Improvements.
Bug fixes
Etc.
As always, please be aware that we are reading and noting your feedback and we will continue to support the game to improve your Heroes experience.

Best
The M&M Team

LunaticSD.HOMM
01-22-2016, 08:41 PM
Could we have a detailled list of the balancing and bug fixes? saying etc is not very precise.....and honestly i would like to know which bugs were fix, to take a decision if this game is worth to try to play now, thanks

Creadance
01-22-2016, 09:05 PM
What about the Artifact Transfer Bug? When is that going to be addressed.

Samsonlao
01-23-2016, 04:11 AM
Wait! Level cap removal? What's fun to have a hero that learned every skill?

romeck2010
01-23-2016, 04:54 PM
Wait! Level cap removal? What's fun to have a hero that learned every skill?

and what is fun to play if you cant advance your hero any further? also you wont have avery skill couse skillwheel :)

Wow i wonder how people in ubi/limbic disrespect us. All that posts about AI and patch notes do not say anything about AI. Neither devs didnt do any changes nor its not in notes i do not understand that . For me its most important info, i wait couse without changes in AI the game is simply unplayable. And reading posts for many others the same.

DenisTheGreat
01-24-2016, 11:34 AM
especially related to the multiplayer experience with the introduction of automatic port forwarding and various out of sync fixes
Great news regarding expected multiplayer fixes!!

LunaticSD.HOMM
01-24-2016, 12:14 PM
Hey Moshi, again when the release is done, could we have a detailled list of the bugs and improvements made?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-25-2016, 10:42 AM
Hey Moshi, again when the release is done, could we have a detailled list of the bugs and improvements made?

Hi LunaticSD.HOMM, patch notes will be provided when we announce the patch has been released.

Thanks

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-25-2016, 11:09 AM
What about the Artifact Transfer Bug? When is that going to be addressed.

Hi Creadance, Patch 1.7 will address this issue.

Lamqta999
02-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Dear colleagues and fans of Heroes 7,

Could you please tell me how to install the 1.6 or 1.7 patches to my original bought Heroes 7 game?

Thanks in advance
Lamqta

dvoytek
02-01-2016, 10:32 AM
@Lamqta999
Download it via Uplay for Uplay version or via Steam for Steam version :P

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-01-2016, 03:12 PM
Hi Lamqta999, patches should be automatic if you are connected to the internet.

Please ensure you are not running Uplay in offline mode https://support.ubi.com/en-US/FAQ/9/3888/how-do-i-run-the-uplay-pc-client-in-offline-mode/kA030000000eT76CAE

Please also try to verify your files;

1. In the Uplay client, click on Games.
2. Click on the game you wish to verify the files for. Click on the Properties and choose Verify files.
3. Uplay will then begin the process of checking your files.

This should kick start the patch download.

Thanks

Elamivuoul
02-02-2016, 11:44 PM
Hi Creadance, Patch 1.7 will address this issue.

So..... Does that mean fixed? Or just that bug is noted?

Yulo2
02-03-2016, 03:03 PM
Hello,

Do you know the release date ? Because, early-february isn't precise :D.
Thanks a lot !

Yulo

LunaticSD.HOMM
02-03-2016, 08:38 PM
Elamivioul you will know when the patch comes out :D since we can only know what they have corrected and the patch is launched....ppppffff....lol funny stuff :D i work in a software company and its basic organisation of development to always know everything that is going to be release at least one or two weeks before implementing...with already all the tests done....and everyone in the company already knows whats coming and the clients also...
But here is different, here you can only know when the patch comes out....so then you will be able to conclude that it wasnt solve and then you can complain again and wait the next patch, if there will be one...

Meyer_Dodi
02-09-2016, 10:41 AM
Hi All!

- Level CAP removed!
Nice and necessary, but i hope we can't pick up all of the skills from the skill tree. We can choose 36 skills In the previous parts Now only 30. I think its a little bit few, but better than possible pick up all of them.

And I think what the whole community wants in addition are these:

- more factions:as many people and I said before. Inferno and Fortress!
- better AI !

The AI is absolutely disappointing at this moment. No threaten , no logic decisions. For example, the AI hire 6-8 hero,It does not create a strong army. and don't occupy the mines,
No difference between the AI levels!

C'mon guys you can improve this! I Belive!

Lompfilm
02-09-2016, 10:54 AM
early-February...
:(

RobvD84
02-09-2016, 03:20 PM
Yeah and no info either. While we keep asking them to be more opne about all this. This is part of the attitude of Ubilols that i don't like.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-09-2016, 03:25 PM
Hi RobvD84, I have replied here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1386913-Patch-Release-Date?p=11360999&viewfull=1#post11360999

The patch is currently in the testing phase and we will update you when we know more.

At this present time we cannot share an exact date.

Thanks

RobvD84
02-09-2016, 03:35 PM
I have seen that reaction, but that still tells us nothing. And it's not only about the release date, it's about giving us pieces of info. It doesn't have to be much. Maybe only saying how the process is going.
For example saying something like this: "Getting the patch ready is going good, were at ...%!" Or: "We are happy to tell you we fixed ....!"
Like i said it doesn't have to be big, only small pieces of info and you could even be creative with it. This would be more apreciated then how you currently do things.

Urviech
02-09-2016, 10:24 PM
Anfang der woche ist UM!?! Gibts nen Plan oder wirds doch nichts...`?

Sir_Magnetron
02-10-2016, 02:59 PM
Early February for new patch! What a joke company,

HolyBulmor
02-10-2016, 03:13 PM
Are there any news about upcoming patch ? Would be nice, if the devs would say something about it. Silence is not a sign of respectful handling with the community...
:confused:

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-10-2016, 03:19 PM
Hi Guys, I will echo what I posted here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1386913-Patch-Release-Date?p=11361266&viewfull=1#post11361266

At the time of the announcement, the patch was due early-February and was in the final stages of testing this week.

Unfortunately, we have found a couple of issues and have delayed it slightly. We feel it is better to wait a few days to ensure that the patch is good, than to release a patch which may introduce new issues.

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

lotoreo1
02-10-2016, 04:04 PM
Well, I bet now you are doing it both: 1) delaying the patch, and 2) adding new issues.

Is anyone in for the bet?

Sir_Magnetron
02-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Hi Guys, I will echo what I posted here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1386913-Patch-Release-Date?p=11361266&viewfull=1#post11361266

At the time of the announcement, the patch was due early-February and was in the final stages of testing this week.

Unfortunately, we have found a couple of issues and have delayed it slightly. We feel it is better to wait a few days to ensure that the patch is good, than to release a patch which may introduce new issues.

Thank you!

Antalyan
02-10-2016, 06:29 PM

Thanks for letting us know, it is much better than usual uncertainty.

However this would be more likely to be acceptable if this was the first time... but delaing delayed patch is quite strange and reflects the amount and experience of people working on the game... Unfortunately.

Btw. I was a bit confused to see your changed avatar, I was first thinking someone new appeared here :cool:

rinamet
02-10-2016, 10:42 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/412446890545966094/

Earliest release date is the 15th (Next Monday). Likely even later than that.

HolyBulmor
02-11-2016, 08:23 AM
@ Ubi-MoshiMoshi

Thanks for fast reply. The devs sure should have the time they need to implement a working patch. Would never complain about and was nearly sure they need more time (everyone knows why...). Anything else would be "Magic". But please spread the informations you have about more early (and everywhere it is useful to post), if you want to do better work on community. I remember you wanted to give it a try... And I'm sure the devs know about delay since many days.

For example nothing about delay to raed... here: http://forums-de.ubi.com/showthread.php/150168-Patch-1-7-Ankündigung and same here: https://mmh7.ubi.com/de/blog/post/view/patch-1-7-ankndigung

Not even something I would call community-friendly support...

P.S. Sorry for my "bad" english

Elamivuoul
02-11-2016, 10:45 PM
http://steamcommunity.com/app/321960/discussions/0/412446890545966094/

Earliest release date is the 15th (Next Monday). Likely even later than that.

Looking foward which things/problems they have/haven't fixed.

Antikouras
02-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Any news about the patch 1.7 release date? Also after that when we should expect the second part of Lost Tales?

emobabka
02-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Well, the December patch gradually becomes March! A triumphant return!:mad:

Wintermist
02-13-2016, 01:35 AM
Early February has turned into mid February... issues?

r4www
02-13-2016, 11:36 AM
^ read post #28

Wacky_Wizard
02-15-2016, 01:08 AM
Good to see Cap limit go on Skirmish. As long as they fix what I think is bug or oversight of not really being able to kill heroes.

I may be wrong but I have not yet found a way to kill a hero! You kill it and then they just buy it back at your hall of heroes.

So I can’t see the point of surrender and flee any more. It has been a long time since I played early versions but I’m sure when you surrendered, your hero and units were saved and sent back to town and when you fled, only your hero was saved. And some kind of upgrade/skill gave the ability for a chance to re-buy heroes at the hall (although I can also remember seeing other player heroes come through from time to time). I tried a flee in HMM7 but didn’t see the difference from fleeing and dyeing (still lost items, had to buy back at hall) so now I just let it “die” and buy it back to get as much damage to opponent before It dies instead of trying to time as much damage as possible to chance of fleeing.

The fact you can’t actually kill them now is a tactic the AI uses. They just swamp you with their heroes to get your improvements (eg might +1, magic+1 etc) not caring if they die, until they get the power up they just keep buying the hero with their better income and swarm you until you can’t be in a position to fend them off and they finally get it, or you stay protecting it and go stagnant as you are down a hero

The idea of getting a high level hero is WOW I got him to survive now look at it and the bonus of good skill for doing so. Having a level 50 hero is good, as long as it has to be earned and fought to be kept alive. If having the only big hero means you can walk over opponents then good for you, you won, let’s play again. Nothing unfair there as everyone has the same chance.

Heroes need to be able to die permanently (or at least appear to by resetting to level 1 when they die so the game does not run out of them) so that getting them high is a self rewarding accomplishment.

Wacky_Wizard
02-15-2016, 03:06 AM
I also hope (but probably not) that they make the patch (once again using the word patch VEARY loosely) downloadable manually as well as automatically as suggested before elsewhere. So that I (and others) who have terrible internet accessibility/costs can still get it. I would still like to be able to go to internet café to download at high speed/low cost and bring home to apply “patch” then just go online if have to, to verify. If not I have to do what I did last time to get around it and get my daughter or son in-law who are in the city to update and then when visit transfer update to my computer meaning I cant get the “patch” until next visit after release.

PS a patch is as the name says, extra data added to original to change/enhance it. When you have to download a file that is the same size (or close) as original and the original size does not double then you are replacing the whole game not patching and therefore is a replacement or re-installation NOT a patch. This is why the size is so big as graphics is what takes up so much room and if you send graphics that already exists then it is a waste of all time and costs.

AndIanc
02-15-2016, 09:25 AM
@Wacky_Wizard I totally agree with you that the current mechanics doesn't work as good as it should (actually i find it frustrating). What i would like is the addition of jails in cities so if u defeat a hero or if he surrenders it should be sent to jail, and if the opponent would capture the city it could release the heroes that are in the jail.

Antikouras
02-15-2016, 12:17 PM
Yes, jail system worked fine in heroes 4
Heroes shouldnt be able to die, but it is ridiculus to buy them again the next day in the tavern-hall of heroes if you lost the battle without surrendering. in older games they could reapear in the tavern of any player but not the next day or the next week and the chance was small. I would like to see jail system but the idea of resseting to lvl 1 is terrible in my opinion

Martek75
02-16-2016, 06:47 AM
This patch should be released in early February but I have a question this should happen this year or next year?

Gyurmacko
02-16-2016, 08:47 AM
Very good point!! I also would like to know this...

miboi9
02-16-2016, 10:18 AM
This patch should be released in early February but I have a question this should happen this year or next year?

Developers have already fulfilled their task - shaken out of our money)) and that there will continue to be of little concern to them! How can they cope quickly if two students are working on outsourcing?
Economy, economy and again economy - slogan in Ubi

aryanek1488
02-16-2016, 11:25 AM
Ubisoft destroyed the game Heroes. Launches bugged game and then patch it for a few years . Patch 1.7 at the beginning of February !!! . Now silly explaining that there were errors . It's hard to predict ? Selling this game any professional company. . Once again, you do not rob me by selling me a defective product .

LakeGlade12
02-16-2016, 12:40 PM
Don't forget that Patch 1.7 will probably be the biggest one Limbric have done yet. As well as bug fixing they are adding in a campaign, lots of new heroes and at least some new creatures too. Then there is the new multi-player interface STORM which should hopefully make multiplayer finally acceptable and a new H4 style spell system. I wish people would stop hassling them and let them take the time needed. We want a high quality patch that only removes bugs and does not add new ones in. If you want that then they have to check and recheck everything which does take time. I'm glad that they delayed the patch once they found new possible bugs resulting from it, this is what a sensible company should be doing.

I won't defend them for releasing H7 when it was not even close to ready and they should have held back the release date a few months (although Ubi is probably to blame here), but I do honestly think they are doing their best with fixing the game and I expect after another 2-3 patches the game will be solid. Have patience people.

Szocik87
02-16-2016, 12:45 PM
New patch will be available after the release of Far Cry Primal, you will see :cool:.

DBXSport
02-16-2016, 02:20 PM
LakeGlade12 have partly right. Only a small "but" each of us the time limits. What is the problem in order to inform all their customers that the patch will be, for example, "may"? . Zero information and apology. Just a lack of respect on the part of Ubisoft for its customers ...

Regards

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-16-2016, 02:26 PM
Hi DBXSport, please see this post http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1388183-Patch-1-7-delay

Thanks

DBXSport
02-16-2016, 02:56 PM
Nothing is written there about the supposed release date of the patch. There is only written about your complications. I understand everything, but still do not know when I will be a patch. I think that your hand is just pulling the wool over our eyes. Be serious

A7EA2
02-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Hi DBXSport, please see this post http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1388183-Patch-1-7-delay

Thanks

Why not give us the patch and we will test it for you much faster and I bet you we will find new issues and bugs the developers and testers didn't notice .... this way it's win win ... we get the long long awaited patch and you test the game much much faster and more accurately.

Please forward my massage to who ever in charge. (Sorry for my English)

miboi9
02-16-2016, 03:26 PM
Don't forget that Patch 1.7 will probably be the biggest one Limbric have done yet. As well as bug fixing they are adding in a campaign, lots of new heroes and at least some new creatures too. Then there is the new multi-player interface STORM which should hopefully make multiplayer finally acceptable and a new H4 style spell system. I wish people would stop hassling them and let them take the time needed. We want a high quality patch that only removes bugs and does not add new ones in. If you want that then they have to check and recheck everything which does take time. I'm glad that they delayed the patch once they found new possible bugs resulting from it, this is what a sensible company should be doing.

*comment removed*
You do not notice how each patch removing one found a bug, they added three new! This is for you to say anything about their qualifications? Angered and frustrated buyers resent the fact that they sold home-made floor made as professionally done app!

@Ubi-MoshiMoshi
What is the problem? The truth hurts? You believe that others are not here and guess that the Heroes 7 made by amateurs? It's too obvious!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-16-2016, 03:44 PM
Hi miboi9, part of your post has been removed as it is classed as an insult, which is against our forum rules http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142071&viewfull=1#post10142071

Regards

Umsche
02-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Why not give us the patch and we will test it for you much faster and I bet you we will find new issues and bugs the developers and testers didn't notice .... this way it's win win ... we get the long long awaited patch and you test the game much much faster and more accurately.

I'd be glad to receive a massage, so let's pretend I'm in charge. :D

A7EA2
02-16-2016, 05:09 PM
I'd be glad to receive a massage, so let's pretend I'm in charge. :D

clearly I mean message not a massage :D ... again sorry for my English

Wacky_Wizard
02-16-2016, 11:30 PM
@Antikouras I don’t see why setting the level of a hero that you could not save to 1 would be “terrible”. As long as there is plenty of chances to save the hero then failing to do so SHOULD be penalizing.

At the moment there are plenty of ways to stop a hero from totally dyeing, there is town portals, sanctuaries around the map, surrender, fleeing, good playing (watching were enemy is to have your hero out of the way, having good army, etc) and if they did bring back a prison of some kind, there’s another way and gives better reasons to pay ransom or try to free them. There are probably many more ways of preventing a hero dying properly and being able to die make all those options more meaningful. If you can lose a hero then the feeling is “YES I made it to sanctuary now I just have to wait for chance to run or send help” and not just “OH WELL I didn’t make it, let’s just buy him back and get him some more units”

Also other things become more important, Like your second best hero now becomes your best hero (gives more reason not to rely on just 1 super hero with lots of “supporting” heroes), the skill some heroes have to give experience to other heroes becomes more important to get new heroes up to speed again quicker, all those buildings you have already visited now are not just waste of map space as you will need them again.

It gives more room for tactics, “Oh look that heroes getting a bit big, I will have to try and kill it before it gets too big”, “How can I get my hero to a specific spot (e.g. that +1 magic) and out again alive”, “Do I have 1 hero doing all the work to get his level up or spread it around to get several heroes up” etc.

It gives map makers better options, “Do I put lots of sanctuaries around or not”, “Do I give lots of XP monoliths or not” etc.

Having heroes never actually die just makes the game more monotonous. Send it out till it dies then buy again repeat and rinse (of cause this is an over statement as you try to survive as long as possible for units and to achieve more but it can be the end result). There’s no real feeling of “Man I managed to get out of that one alive”

Of cause I can see down sides and see why you may not like the idea such as “Bugga I just lost my good hero now he has to go all over the map again to get all those boosters again”, but that doesn’t make it “terrible”, just a reason to say “I would not like to see that added” and is why it should be discussed as there ARE downsides to it (although I personally feel up sides out do the down sides) and most the down sides can be fixed eg bring back choosing the city you can portal back too to help heroes get to places you currently own to speed up recovery). But that reason is why having your hero survive is all that more precious (especially if there are so many ways to save it).

But if these are to be discussed perhaps it should be moved to a specific topic and not left here as it was only here as a comment about this “patch” and level cap. I haven’t even looked to see if there has already been a discussion about it.

Wacky_Wizard
02-17-2016, 01:28 AM

This would be good for many, but the problem is you can’t please everyone all the time. Many people would be happy to test it and tell them where there are problems. But there would be just as many (or more) people saying ahh crap just another broken patch and these will be more vocal.

One of their problems is their method of patching. From what I read above their ADDING many things as well as bug fixing. (eg new campaigns, new menu system, new multiplayer mode , LakeGlade12 spoke of new heroes and spell system)

This is combining bug fixing with MODing into one patch leading to what they have now of braking more then they fix.
It would be better if they did one then the other. Eg “here’s a small patch to fix bug of items disappearing”, “here’s another small patch to fix some problems in the editor” etc. people would see the game being fixed. Then at one stage when game is running good, “here’s a patch to add a mod of more campaigns and menu changes, etc turning it into v1.7”. If it didn’t work give option of rolling back to working method ( If it was a big download have it so when its rolled back you still keep download patch on computer that can be re-applied again once more small patches are made for it). In multi player mode have section (like you have for map size, number players etc) for if you are using new faulty patch to give input of things to fix or playing on known working system for people who just want to play and not have input.

But they don’t seem to be able to give small patches. Each time a new one comes out you have to basically download the whole game again and replace the old one, which is why you can’t roll back and is why they try to add them all together to make it seem worth the big download leading to this problem of always seeing the game as only broken.

The way I roll back at the moment, is before I apply the patch (from downloading at daughters house in city then copy files and bring home) I make backup of original. Then if I don’t like it I backup new one and replace with original until new one is fixed again. As I don’t play online (mostly due to internet problems, but also include running into people that don’t realize it’s just a game) and only play hot seat when working with or LAN wan fighting against family/friends we don’t have version issue as we all do the same thing.

aryanek1488
02-17-2016, 08:36 AM
Heroes VII ? who cares at Ubisoft . Players cleansed from the cash Now you need to clean the fans FarCry and The Divison . Patching the game a year . Typical for Ubisoft.

Wintermist
02-17-2016, 03:28 PM
*checks in* Still nothing? :(

UnoPoo
02-17-2016, 06:41 PM
Heroes VII ? who cares at Ubisoft . Players cleansed from the cash Now you need to clean the fans FarCry and The Divison . Patching the game a year . Typical for Ubisoft.

Was thinking about The Division...but with how they handle this line I really don't know. It's unfortunate since HoMM is one of my all time favorite (the RMG from 3 being best innovative thing at the time) and I look at how the last 2 (6 & 7) have been handled. I think it's sad that one of the biggest things they talked about for 7 was that it was going to have a RMG...but they never mentioned that it's only for those who more than likely don't need it since they probably understand graphic design. For someone like me, the Basic RMG from 3 was ideal. I tell it what I want w/ simple questions, it makes it, and then I play it.

They are trying to do more than they can understand...and it shows.

That leaves me w/ the question, "If they can't get a Basic game down (none MMO), how can they create and continue to update a MMO with out the bug that this has?"

Which leaves me wondering about buying The Division...

Antikouras
02-17-2016, 11:00 PM
@Wacky_Wizard i never said that it is good to be able to buy your hero again and again... i like the older heroes system....
but demote a hero that lost a battle to lvl 1? thats stupid... it is just not reasonable(he lost a battle and he loses his skils, wtf)
If you are familliar with the franchise you should know that heroes cant die and ofc they dont los lvl ofc. But i agree that its is not good idea to be able to buy a defeated hero again so easy as heroes 6-7

Wacky_Wizard
02-18-2016, 01:43 AM
but demote a hero that lost a battle to lvl 1? thats stupid... it is just not reasonable(he lost a battle and he loses his skils, wtf)

Hello.
I never said this, I fully agree with you demote a hero to lvl 1 just for losing a battle would be stupid. Loosing is valuable experience for any hero. (Although “demoting” A level for losing a battle they should have won could be interesting concept).
I actually said:

Heroes need to be able to die permanently (or at least appear to by resetting to level 1 when they die so the game does not run out of them) so that getting them high is a self rewarding accomplishment.

There were many examples I gave were the hero lost a battle and was not panelized anymore then the loss of the battle, e.g. surrender(easily available to all), fleeing(easily available to all), in my original post I mentioned some kind of upgrade/skill gave the ability for a chance to re-buy heroes at the hall (I’m sure 1 of the originals (1 or 2) had something in a town to give chance to re-buy hero as if he somehow managed to escape, but as said it’s been a long time since playing) and the prison system that was removed again. I can think of more that could be added e.g. when a hero dies a grave is put where he died and some rare necromancy skill/scroll/item can resurrect them or low level heroes may flee automatically when low moral and outnumbered.

My exact statement was
Heroes need to be able to die permanently not saying it had to be easy to kill them (as its actually quite easy to save them) but once they were failed to be saved they should be able to die (making all the methods to save it more meaningful). It’s frustrating having this good hero come at you and you kill it again and again and again when it didn’t surrender, flee or any other way you could see it survive, you want to remove the thorn from your side but you can’t, you lay traps for them and they come back, you use skill in combat and kill them before they can flee (which they don’t now as there’s no point) and they come back, It’s not a hero at all, it’s a god.
I don’t flee now as what’s the point; if I flee I miss out on a few shots to weaken the enemy a bit more before the battle ends, yet not fleeing I still get to buy the hero back.
In the early systems when you lost a hero at least it went back into the pool and you risked someone else buying it (assumed because he was upset with last player for letting him loose). But that still never said how it always survived (sure when they die there could still be a chance they somehow survive and crawl back into the pool for anyone to buy like a mercenary)

My statement of
(or at least appear to by resetting to level 1 when they die so the game does not run out of them) was an added note on the side (hence the brackets) of the easiest means to achieve this on the development side. Not that you get the hero back demoted to level 1, but that the hero goes back into the main hero pool as level 1 as if it had never been brought so that after killing off of 100 or so heroes the game doesn’t run out of heroes to buy. If they have a random hero generator in the game (or just a name generator) then it could just be removed or saved in case there is a way to resurrect it later.

Umsche
02-18-2016, 10:16 AM
Resetting a hero to lvl 1 when losing a battle is quite pointless when the team has a mentor hero.

I don't like the permanent death idea, especially with the very poor hero pool we have right now (only 2 of each class). What could be done is allowing every team to recruit a hero who lost a battle i.e. putting it back in the "global hero pool" like in heroes 3 instead of reallowing the team he was in to recruit him the next day.

Although to me the best system in the heroes franchise for dead heroes was the Heroes 4 system with a prison in each town, But that can't be done in H7.

miboi9
02-18-2016, 10:32 AM
In my opinion a bit of a strange dispute. Limbic is not able to debug an existing game and you offer them to rewrite. This work was entrusted to people who have never played in Heroes! This can be seen in many ways. You saw the health indicator unit in battle? Compare this view version 6))) Tears roll when you see it in version 7! More sloppy execution and think hard! This shows that the developer has NEVER seen what he looks like in a normal game!
And all these delays turn unit in battle? Do you not say? The developer never seen this process successful versions of the game!
But what you can not select "Quick Battle" when there is no sense to fight against a huge army of the enemy? When attacking it for example on the portal which protects a handful of neutrals. Only auto battle! This "battle" could last up to 10 minutes! A player may only look blankly on this action!
I'm not talking about the placing memorizing units in battle! When you play more time you spend on the alignment of them every time!

Wacky_Wizard
02-18-2016, 12:24 PM
Resetting a hero to lvl 1 when losing a battle is quite pointless when the team has a mentor hero.

Ahh but this is actually the opposite and shows what I say that it adds value to already existing things.

At the moment you can have a hero study to mentor and then all your heroes are close to the same level and often the one you train to mentor may actually fall behind because as you spent training points on none combat skills for him its more likely other heroes do all the fighting later in the game. So you use this hero for a bit and then some of its skills become almost useless and he basically becomes a support hero to move units around. Or some other lower roll like bait or secondary attacking while main one is elsewhere.

Now if his abilities may come in use again, it’s not just dead weight. And if there is now a really good reason to have a leader that can train new ones up quicker it adds that option as a good tactical reason to have one around. So you just made another type of hero much more valuable. And if you don’t have one then you have to make sure you flee earlier to guaranty your heroes survival.

I also agree with you that the hero pool is small, which is why I didn’t want to see the hero just removed and we run out of heroes so is why I suggested they return it to the pool as level 1 as if it was never used so its skill type stays in the game but just as a new hero.

Valderrama1990
02-18-2016, 12:49 PM
So for how long is this supposed patch that "fixes" multiplayer delayed?

Ubisoft is so bad a communicating information out its unbelievable..

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
02-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Hi Guys, as patch 1.7 has now been released http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1390043-Patch-1-7-notes

I will close this thread.