PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate is too easy

steelgrim332
01-21-2016, 06:07 AM
The combat is so easy that it makes the game uninteresting and boring. The items are simply overpowered making it easy to just massacre enemies without using any stealth or thought whatsoever. It doesn't even feel like a sneaky assasins game because the combat doesn't even require stealth. The only time stealth is required is when the missions make it a requirement to maintain stealth and not be detected. This is boring because the player is left feeling invincible and never in any real danger because the enemies are so weak in comparison to the assasin. Most of the time you can just run up to whole masses of blighters and just massacre them without breaking a sweat. I am playing batman arkham knight after having just finished syndicate and i'd say knight is far more challenging and interesting. The enemies outgun batman big time forcing the player to actually think and plan their attack. The player actually has to make clever use of the various gadgets that batman posseses in order to survive. Try and rush in and the henchmen will simply blow you away. Even when the henchmen don't have guns and your doing just regular melee combat arkham knight is just more fun. There is a greater variety of enemy attacks that force you to time everything just right. You can't just button mash your way to victory like in assasins creed syndicate. Some henchmen carry knives, guns, then you have henchmen that have electricity causing you damage everytime you hit them with a regular attack.

The fix to assasins creed is simple. Nerf the items in the game. Its to easy to just instant kill every enemy with a knife to the head. The smoke bomb is ridiculous stunning all the blighters for the longest time allowing you to just instant kill them all. Yes something needs to be done about the gun as well either give the enemies bigger guns like machine guns and give the assasin a silenced pistol thats underpowered or simply just remove the gun from the game because its to easy to just shoot to death all the enemies especially with autoaim. Oh of course don't forget the potion you drink instantly replinishing all your health. Really is this necessary it just makes the game comical its so easy. Not only that you can use the health potion more than once! unreal. Its just to easy. Also, increase the sophistication of the enemy types forcing the player to adapt to a greater variety of enemy types. Its just not enough to have a brute and a regular blighter there needs to be more variety. Look at how many types of enemies were in arkham knight and how few enemy types were in syndicate.

I am done at this point I do not plan on buying anymore assasins creed unless the combat is fixed and made more interesting and more challenging. I get no satisfaction out of playing a super easy boring game that has unsatisfying combat and I am not the only player feeling this way. How is this supposed to even be a stealth game? you don't even need to use stealth just run up to the enemies and massacre them its just dull and boring.

MikeFNY
01-21-2016, 08:29 AM
I don't want you to believe that I'm defending the game or the series, you are right, the game is way too easy but one of the most beautiful things of Assassin's Creed is that you make your own luck (yes, Rogue-pun intended).

The only time stealth is required is when the missions make it a requirement to maintain stealth

Not entirely true, no one is stopping you from stealthing your way past missions even when this is not an optional objective. You decide how to play the game, don't let the game decide your style of play. Isn't it the same with FarCry? You either take enemies from short distance or you spend your money on a sniper and take them out from distance.

There is no fix I'm afraid, you cannot force a player to change his/her style of game but the game gives you an option to decide.

I 100% synched it by going stealth whenever I could and I believe that was 90% of the times.

If you think smoke bombs make the game easy, if you think using rooks makes the game easy, don't use them. Understand your style, set your own rules and you will love it. And if you want an even greater challenge, and I apologise for being repetitive, try the previous one, Unity.

I do however agree with you, and how couldn't I, on the health regeneration system. This is the only reason why I rated AC2 9.5/10 and not a full 10/10. It should change, you cannot drink the magic potion unless you are anonymous. Doing it in conflict feels so .... so ..... unbelievable.

And I also completely agree with you that there should be more enemy variety, we mentioned it in another thread if I'm not wrong, they all feel the same regardless of their size.

Sesheenku
01-21-2016, 10:53 AM
Yeeeep, they undid all the combat progress they made in Unity and it's back to being a mindless button mash fest.

It's never been a hard game mind you but the combat in Syndicate just sucks. You could argue it sucked back in Brotherhood-4 too but at least back then combat ended in 10 seconds and you were back to doing other things. That helped them out, the combat was simplistic as hell but it was over quickly and looked cool at least.

Now it drags on as you button mash 'till bad thing falls down.

Gibbo2g_83
01-21-2016, 01:49 PM
I think that the combat definately needs tweeking but not changing altogether. I like it that you can take on multiple enemies because i think it makes it feel like you're a highly trained assassin. Having said that though the combat in the games since AC3 has been a bit too easy apart from Unity, which from what I've seen looks a lot harder but i really don't like the look of that combat either it just reminds me of the combat in AC1 which i didn't like compared to all of the games after.
I think the biggest problem with the combat as it is, is that the enemies are still so slow to attack and hardly ever attack you at the same time. In Syndicate every enemy can be stunned so i think it needs different types of enemies like some that can't be stunned, some that can't be countered or that counter back, some psycho enemies that attack you relentlessly and highly trained templar assassins that when you fight them their attack bar flashes different colours so if it flashes red you have to counter, blue you have to stun, green you have to use a tool attack and so on that would make the fights feel challenging.
Another way they could improve the combat is by giving you more control over it so you choose which finisher you use by pressing 2 buttons together. I've been playing Shadow Of Mordor and the combat choice in that is brilliant. I realise that there isn't really magic in Assassins Creed but magic attacks could be exchanged for attacks to specific body parts for example on ps4 you'd press x and triangle to knee cap an enemy with your pistol or tap x twice to slit their achillies heel and things like that. These are all ways i feel the combat could be improved and be more challenging with more to it but at the same time can still be mastered to allow you to feel like a highly trained assassin.

Rioz22222
01-21-2016, 03:21 PM
To you & every other like you who think game is too easy : Cry more & keep dreaming for a fix ... there will never be a fix to that matter because it's the way of game

cawatrooper9
01-21-2016, 03:41 PM
AC has never really been known for its combat difficulty. Complaining about this is like saying that you don't like Mortal Combat because of its lack of a character leveling system, or its lack of open world exploration. It's simply not what the game is about.

EDIT: Whoops, I spelled Kombat wrong/correctly.

Rioz22222
01-21-2016, 04:52 PM
AC has never really been known for its combat difficulty. Complaining about this is like saying that you don't like Mortal kombat because of its lack of a character leveling system, or its lack of open world exploration. It's simply not what the game is about.

THAT ^^
AC series are all historical fiction action-adventure open world stealth video games
They are not mortal kombat & don't expect them to be
THEY ARE NOT BATMAN ARKHAM night
They ARE NOT RPG
THEY ARE NOT Open combat focused games (open combat is just a small part of them)
IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ? historical fiction action-adventure open world stealth video game they are what they are & you can't change them
Besides that what you really expect from "ASSASSIN'S" in open combat to hardly kill an enemy ? well it's not dark souls every assassin is superior to enemies BECAUSE they are high skilled murders they are assassin's and they are what they ARE !
for one last time stop whining about this so much ...even with all the superiority characters have to enemies series are balanced they are not Hack slash games if you still only care about combat maybe series are not what you are looking for ... even at E3 trailers you can't see alot usage of open conflict comabt

BananaBlighter
01-21-2016, 07:26 PM
THAT ^^
AC series are all historical fiction action-adventure open world stealth video games
They are not mortal kombat & don't expect them to be
THEY ARE NOT BATMAN ARKHAM night
They ARE NOT RPG
THEY ARE NOT Open combat focused games (open combat is just a small part of them)
IS THIS SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND ? historical fiction action-adventure open world stealth video game they are what they are & you can't change them
Besides that what you really expect from "ASSASSIN'S" in open combat to hardly kill an enemy ? well it's not dark souls every assassin is superior to enemies BECAUSE they are high skilled murders they are assassin's and they are what they ARE !
for one last time stop whining about this so much ...even with all the superiority characters have to enemies series are balanced they are not Hack slash games if you still only care about combat maybe series are not what you are looking for ... even at E3 trailers you can't see alot usage of open conflict comabt

I disagree. Assassin's Creed is not meant to be just stealth focused. The core pillars include combat as well as stealth. AC lets you choose your playstyle, that has been a thing since AC1, it's just a lot of the time, being an assassin means approaching the target stealthily is the better option. I personally prefer the stealth option, but that is not to say that I'm fine with a mediocre combat system either.

I believe cawatrooper was referring to the combat difficulty, and in that I agree, AC has always had easy combat, and one of the issues in Unity was that it forced you in to stealth because of its difficulty. The idea is that easy combat makes you feel like a skilled assassin, only consolidating the fact that AC is also combat focused. Not that I agree with this view or anything, I feel that a combat system which is hard to master would be even more rewarding.

Syndicate did have ridiculous combat. The only redeeming factor was the multi-finishers, but even then, many of those felt detached, unlike the fluid, fast paced action we had with AC3's double counter kills. Honestly, For me, AC3's combat was the most satisfying, there was a great amount of variety with some excellent animations. AC1's I also liked, because it was slightly challenging, but unlike Unity, wasn't over-simplistic or slow if you concentrated well. One great way it managed to keep the combat fast-paced for those with skill, was with the combo kills. As long as one had perfect timing, you could always quickly finish a fight.

But Syndicate also committed the sin of having easy stealth too. The fact that I can carry 30 throwing knives, all with outstanding range and the ability to one-hit-kill any enemy, is pretty disgusting. At least this one's avoidable, and I severely limit the number of these that I use, though the problem with this is that I've suddenly reduced my options and made the experience less varied. Reducing variety should not be the way to increase difficulty, as was the mistake with Unity's combat. The worst bit of it all was that 'first strike' skill. I actually liked that in Syndicate, unlike Unity, you can't assassinate a guard from right infront of them. Little did I know that I'd soon be buying a skill to undo the progress that had been made with this mechanic (which, if you want to Platinum the game, is unavoidable). I wish I could create a new save, except this time I wouldn't be getting half of the skills.

Now that I think about it, I might actually be forced in to buying most skills anyway, since to progress to the next level on the 'skill' tree, you have to be a certain level, which is decided by the number of skills you have. Not only that, but gear is locked behind levels too, and this is exactly the kind of progression that I feel has no place in AC. Remember when I said earlier that Unity practically forced you in to stealth. Well at least it tried to take an approach I'd much rather prefer. Customization involved a lot of balancing stats and aesthetics by choosing from a diverse range of gear pieces. This allowed one to create the perfect assassin that suited their own playstyle. Syndicate's customization has no such depth, the statistics are basic and require no balancing, while most of them are governed by the skill tree and leveling system which makes you permanently OP.

cawatrooper9
01-21-2016, 07:46 PM
I believe cawatrooper was referring to the combat difficulty, and in that I agree, AC has always had easy combat, and one of the issues in Unity was that it forced you in to stealth because of its difficulty. The idea is that easy combat makes you feel like a skilled assassin, only consolidating the fact that AC is also combat focused. Not that I agree with this view or anything, I feel that a combat system which is hard to master would be even more rewarding.

Indeed I was. Not that I wouldn't be opposed to varying difficulty levels (though I don't think even that is the most pressing thing the franchise needs).

I have seen people on here saying that AC combat is too easy. Guess what series they often contrast it to? Dark Souls.
That's like saying the rhythm in combat isn't as fluid as the rhythm in Guitar Hero. Again, if you're in the mood for a difficult game, AC probably isn't your best bet. Doesn't mean that's an inherent issue with the game.

Rioz22222
01-21-2016, 11:10 PM
I disagree. Assassin's Creed is not meant to be just stealth focused. The core pillars include combat as well as stealth. AC lets you choose your playstyle, that has been a thing since AC1, it's just a lot of the time, being an assassin means approaching the target stealthily is the better option. I personally prefer the stealth option, but that is not to say that I'm fine with a mediocre combat system either.

Syndicate did have ridiculous combat. The only redeeming factor was the multi-finishers, but even then, many of those felt detached, unlike the fluid, fast paced action we had with AC3's double counter kills. Honestly, For me, AC3's combat was the most satisfying, there was a great amount of variety with some excellent animations. AC1's I also liked, because it was slightly challenging, but unlike Unity, wasn't over-simplistic or slow if you concentrated well. One great way it managed to keep the combat fast-paced for those with skill, was with the combo kills. As long as one had perfect timing, you could always quickly finish a fight.

But Syndicate also committed the sin of having easy stealth too. The fact that I can carry 30 throwing knives, all with outstanding range and the ability to one-hit-kill any enemy, is pretty disgusting. At least this one's avoidable, and I severely limit the number of these that I use, though the problem with this is that I've suddenly reduced my options and made the experience less varied. Reducing variety should not be the way to increase difficulty, as was the mistake with Unity's combat. The worst bit of it all was that 'first strike' skill. I actually liked that in Syndicate, unlike Unity, you can't assassinate a guard from right infront of them. Little did I know that I'd soon be buying a skill to undo the progress that had been made with this mechanic (which, if you want to Platinum the game, is unavoidable). I wish I could create a new save, except this time I wouldn't be getting half of the skills.

Now that I think about it, I might actually be forced in to buying most skills anyway, since to progress to the next level on the 'skill' tree, you have to be a certain level, which is decided by the number of skills you have. Not only that, but gear is locked behind levels too, and this is exactly the kind of progression that I feel has no place in AC. Remember when I said earlier that Unity practically forced you in to stealth. Well at least it tried to take an approach I'd much rather prefer. Customization involved a lot of balancing stats and aesthetics by choosing from a diverse range of gear pieces. This allowed one to create the perfect assassin that suited their own playstyle. Syndicate's customization has no such depth, the statistics are basic and require no balancing, while most of them are governed by the skill tree and leveling system which makes you permanently OP.

unity is bad it sucks syndicate is easy and all that which had been said thousands of times before I might not agree with most of your comment but I agree with something AC III did have lack of great animations what we need is stronger feel for open combat simply better animations and also do you remember since ac 1 till ac rouge while enemy was attacking and you where holding down and by pressing several bottoms you could throw instant kill hurt or kick them ? but all we saw in unity and syndicate was encounter and simple attack just 2 bottoms and really not good animations for combat especially unity syndicate animations were too annual ... i'd say we do need alot of better animations and combat choices like before which i hope we see in future AC series

*comment removed*

Civona
01-21-2016, 11:54 PM
I wonder if the solution to difficulty is making the gameplay more about actually planning out missions. even in AC1, where there's the veneer of planning, these games are pretty much about reactive gameplay: reacting to guard patterns, reacting to being forced into combat.

It would be interesting if this were the type of game where the moment you're reacting instead of following a plan, you're in trouble. This doesn't mean perfect stealth necessarily, but more like, if your plan is quick and dirty aggressive combat approach, then make sure you understand how you can do that in the situation.

Because people don't really care about things being easy, in my experience, they just care about if they feel like they don't have enough to think about. Often having more to think about means more chance of losing, but not necessarily.

Sesheenku
01-22-2016, 12:14 AM
I wonder if the solution to difficulty is making the gameplay more about actually planning out missions. even in AC1, where there's the veneer of planning, these games are pretty much about reactive gameplay: reacting to guard patterns, reacting to being forced into combat.

It would be interesting if this were the type of game where the moment you're reacting instead of following a plan, you're in trouble. This doesn't mean perfect stealth necessarily, but more like, if your plan is quick and dirty aggressive combat approach, then make sure you understand how you can do that in the situation.

Because people don't really care about things being easy, in my experience, they just care about if they feel like they don't have enough to think about. Often having more to think about means more chance of losing, but not necessarily.

My opinion may be far and away from most people here, likely due to my taste in games but the more to think about the better. I love MMO's where I'm sitting down for 2 hours planning my build.

That's just how it is though, nothing can be 100% predictable.

VernalBreak
01-22-2016, 06:44 AM
Yeeeep, they undid all the combat progress they made in Unity and it's back to being a mindless button mash fest.

It's never been a hard game mind you but the combat in Syndicate just sucks. You could argue it sucked back in Brotherhood-4 too but at least back then combat ended in 10 seconds and you were back to doing other things. That helped them out, the combat was simplistic as hell but it was over quickly and looked cool at least.

Now it drags on as you button mash 'till bad thing falls down.

This pretty much sums everything up. I think if they added the ability to unequip skills the game would be better because then I could make myself weaker so I would need more skill to win a fight. Also, Rioz22222 has an invalid argument because he has not even attempted to address that this game is almost absurdly easy. Also, many other ac games had decent combat syndicate just ruined it with combos and kill trees that literally force you to be overpowered.

Sesheenku
01-22-2016, 06:59 AM
This pretty much sums everything up. I think if they added the ability to unequip skills the game would be better because then I could make myself weaker so I would need more skill to win a fight. Also, Rioz22222 has an invalid argument because he has not even attempted to address that this game is almost absurdly easy. Also, many other ac games had decent combat syndicate just ruined it with combos and kill trees that literally force you to be overpowered.

*comment removed*

The old combat systems were easy and simplistic too, but they ended quickly, in Syndicate you can't even do that, just gotta tap that button 5 times for every guard. It's not even about timing anymore.

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
01-22-2016, 11:55 AM
Hi Guys, some comments have been removed due to being too personal. Please respect other people's opinions, even if you do not agree with them and do not personally attack each other.

Thank you for your understanding

Jackdaw951
01-23-2016, 04:58 PM
"The fix to assasins creed is simple. Nerf the items in the game."

That's as far as I read. Nope! Nerfing is pulling the rug out from under players' feet. Nerfing is taking away the game people bought, and substituting it with something else. Nerfing is wrong. Adding higher-difficulty modes, where weapons don't hit as hard, and enemies hit harder--that's fine. That's the proper "fix" (if you think the game is broken this way, which I do not). AC has always been RPG-like, in that you develop your character from a squishy weakling into a powerhouse. It's not meant to follow the MMO ethic of punishing players for leveling up. If you want Syndicate to be a female dog, don't level up the twins, or your gang. I know there are some out there who do this, at least in part. I keep buying the games because I enjoy their design philosophy (as well as everything else about them, like the immersive huge worlds). I like building my characters to the point where the peasants don't have a ghost of a chance against me. I like the real challenges to be about something else, like finding things, or figuring puzzles, and yes, even the stealth in missions where it makes sense that stealth is required. No. No nerfing in AC games, please.

Sesheenku
01-24-2016, 06:02 AM
"The fix to assasins creed is simple. Nerf the items in the game."

That's as far as I read. Nope! Nerfing is pulling the rug out from under players' feet. Nerfing is taking away the game people bought, and substituting it with something else. Nerfing is wrong. Adding higher-difficulty modes, where weapons don't hit as hard, and enemies hit harder--that's fine. That's the proper "fix" (if you think the game is broken this way, which I do not). AC has always been RPG-like, in that you develop your character from a squishy weakling into a powerhouse.

Whoa whoa whoa, no. No. NOPE. Factually incorrect. AC1 you're already a master, you're just gaining respect back, AC2 the story matches but the mechanics are just the empty shell of an rpg, equipment has no real purpose or use. Same with all of them up to 3. 4 is a ship RPG at the least and Unity finally has impactful RPG features annnnnd then Syndicate killed all that and made them pointless again.

It's not meant to follow the MMO ethic of punishing players for leveling up. If you want Syndicate to be a female dog, don't level up the twins, or your gang. I know there are some out there who do this, at least in part. I keep buying the games because I enjoy their design philosophy (as well as everything else about them, like the immersive huge worlds). I like building my characters to the point where the peasants don't have a ghost of a chance against me. I like the real challenges to be about something else, like finding things, or figuring puzzles, and yes, even the stealth in missions where it makes sense that stealth is required. No. No nerfing in AC games, please.

MMO's don't punish you FOR leveling up, they punish you while leveling up to eek out more of your time and money if they're F2P.

There's nothing you can do to make Syndicate hard short of getting a full frontal lobotomy tbh.

That said your main point is perfectly agreeable, it makes no sense to nerf things, that's what Unity's combat was about and even though I personally liked it, clearly everyone else threw a fit and so we got Syndicate, mindless and easy once more.

Jackdaw951
01-25-2016, 06:24 PM
I love Unity. I think the people complaining about Unity difficulty never bothered to learn the combat. It's perfectly tractable, and more flexible than Syndicate's. The smoke bomb is the nearly universal response to getting overwhelmed in Unity, and it was easy to pull off. I often slaughtered droves of enemies in Paris without having to heal. In Syndicate, they have thrown bombs under the same button as firearms, sadly. To compensate for being further removed from immediate use (I guess), we now have the Y (top face button) dodge mechanic instead.

While it's true that combat is easier in Syndicate after significant leveling, you can still get in trouble if you are careless. The higher-level fight clubs are a great place to learn the combat mechanics well, as well as rack up a few perks.

As far back as AC 2 at least, character development played a significant role in making you stronger. I can't recall AC 1 very well anymore. That is one game that did not age well, and I haven't replayed it since its heyday. AC 3 I skipped entirely. AC 4, if my name here doesn't make it obvious, is my favorite in the franchise by far.

Sesheenku
01-25-2016, 09:54 PM
I love Unity. I think the people complaining about Unity difficulty never bothered to learn the combat. It's perfectly tractable, and more flexible than Syndicate's. The smoke bomb is the nearly universal response to getting overwhelmed in Unity, and it was easy to pull off. I often slaughtered droves of enemies in Paris without having to heal. In Syndicate, they have thrown bombs under the same button as firearms, sadly. To compensate for being further removed from immediate use (I guess), we now have the Y (top face button) dodge mechanic instead.

While it's true that combat is easier in Syndicate after significant leveling, you can still get in trouble if you are careless. The higher-level fight clubs are a great place to learn the combat mechanics well, as well as rack up a few perks.

As far back as AC 2 at least, character development played a significant role in making you stronger. I can't recall AC 1 very well anymore. That is one game that did not age well, and I haven't replayed it since its heyday. AC 3 I skipped entirely. AC 4, if my name here doesn't make it obvious, is my favorite in the franchise by far.

Everyone wants brainless and simple these days god forbid they actually have to plan/think.

I think Unity had the best combat yet. It didn't take 20 hits to take down a guard like 3 (without tool counter use and such) and there was actually a chance you'd take damage.

I didn't make use of bombs during combat but that was kind of my internal limitation, I do that in every AC, I typically only use the hidden blade in older AC's for example.

I never had trouble in syndicate though, it was tediously easy.

MikeFNY
02-11-2016, 04:52 PM
I was finally able to make a comparison with Unity and here's where Syndicate is easier:

1. Looting is faster, twice as fast, clearly making looting less risky
2. The stealth ring feature feels like playing the game with your mother holding your hand, "Careful, there's someone coming!"
3. Same goes for Eagle Vision that keeps tagging the enemy even after it runs out
4. The distance from which snipers spot you is much shorter, you can actually stare at a sniper and she will not shoot
5. Throwing knives auto-adjust to the enemy's head making it easier to head shot them
6. You can kill an enemy with a throwing knife from a much larger distance
7. When fully equipped, with Jacob you have 18 throwing knives at your disposal(against the 12 in Unity), 33 if you use Evie
8. Brutes will not chase you down if you don't head shot them, in Unity it's either a head shot or they will spot you straight away

I actually wouldn't recommend the game to anyone who just finished Unity where a side mission could take 45 minutes to complete whereas in Syndicate in 5-10 minutes you're done.

As much as I tried hard to limit my inventory*, I completed a Level 9 Gang Stronghold mission and a Level 9 child liberation mission in a few minutes.

* No rope launcher, no chameleon skill(used Jacob), no whistling, no help from rooks, no bombs, only throwing knives

Mr.GoodKall
02-11-2016, 04:54 PM
completely agree, Unity and Syndicate were way too easy... and quite boring.. I recently started playing Black Flag again and I instantly noticed how harder combat is in black flag..

If I hit a enemy, he still come after you, and they go after you 3 at a time.. in syndicate, you hit a enemy and they are dead right away.. the story is boring also

cawatrooper9
02-11-2016, 06:18 PM
completely agree, Unity and Syndicate were way too easy... and quite boring.. I recently started playing Black Flag again and I instantly noticed how harder combat is in black flag..

If I hit a enemy, he still come after you, and they go after you 3 at a time.. in syndicate, you hit a enemy and they are dead right away.. the story is boring also

I'm sorry, I know I can be a robot who doesn't understand human emotions sometimes, but is this sarcasm?

Unity is often regarded as having some of the most difficult combat in the series, with Black Flag generally thought of as being the easiest. I'm interested in your opinion on this, if you are really being genuine here.

joeyhayes
02-12-2016, 06:27 AM
The fix to assasins creed is simple. Nerf the items in the game. Its to easy to just instant kill every enemy with a knife to the head. The smoke bomb is ridiculous stunning all the blighters for the longest time allowing you to just instant kill them all. Yes something needs to be done about the gun as well either give the enemies bigger guns like machine guns and give the assasin a silenced pistol thats underpowered or simply just remove the gun from the game because its to easy to just shoot to death all the enemies especially with autoaim. Oh of course don't forget the potion you drink instantly replinishing all your health. Really is this necessary it just makes the game comical its so easy. Not only that you can use the health potion more than once! unreal. Its just to easy. Also, increase the sophistication of the enemy types forcing the player to adapt to a greater variety of enemy types. Its just not enough to have a brute and a regular blighter there needs to be more variety. Look at how many types of enemies were in arkham knight and how few enemy types were in syndicate.

Agree that combat is too easy, disagree that you fix it by nerfing items. Just fix the combat. You mention the Arkham games, thats a good example. Mad Max and Shadow or Mordor are others, it can't be that hard to implement systems like these.

Jessigirl2013
02-12-2016, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry, I know I can be a robot who doesn't understand human emotions sometimes, but is this sarcasm?

Unity is often regarded as having some of the most difficult combat in the series, with Black Flag generally thought of as being the easiest. I'm interested in your opinion on this, if you are really being genuine here.

Haha your not the only one :rolleyes:
I have to agree, Unity's combat was difficult for me (I just assumed it was lag,as Arno almost never parried correctly) That and the guards seeing through walls made stealth frustrating as hell.:rolleyes:

DynaRider
02-13-2016, 04:54 PM
Another viewpoint: I'm an old man and my reflexes are not what they used to be when I was 18. I've enjoyed all of the AC releases except Unity not only for the graphics and game play but also because the combat was not ridiculously hard and could be handled different ways (stealth or just rush in). I've replayed all of the games several times (except Unity) and the AC series is the only game that has appealed to me. I can't handle the first person military and other shooter games and some of the others that require quick action such as pressing the right button when it flashes on the screen. At the moment I have Syndicate on both my PS4 and my Computer and I'm really enjoying playing it.

I know there are some games that allow a player to select a difficulty level and it might be something for UBI to consider with the AC games. In the meantime though I imagine you could try to play through the game without leveling up or crafting better weapons and outfits. I, for one, hope that UBI does not alter the combat system to the point I will no longer enjoy playing.

Jessigirl2013
02-14-2016, 12:50 PM
I was finally able to make a comparison with Unity and here's where Syndicate is easier:

2. The stealth ring feature feels like playing the game with your mother holding your hand, "Careful, there's someone coming!"
3. Same goes for Eagle Vision that keeps tagging the enemy even after it runs out
4. The distance from which snipers spot you is much shorter, you can actually stare at a sniper and she will not shoot
5. Throwing knives auto-adjust to the enemy's head making it easier to head shot them
7. When fully equipped, with Jacob you have 18 throwing knives at your disposal(against the 12 in Unity), 33 if you use Evie
8. Brutes will not chase you down if you don't head shot them, in Unity it's either a head shot or they will spot you straight away

I actually wouldn't recommend the game to anyone who just finished Unity where a side mission could take 45 minutes to complete whereas in Syndicate in 5-10 minutes you're done.

As much as I tried hard to limit my inventory*, I completed a Level 9 Gang Stronghold mission and a Level 9 child liberation mission in a few minutes.

* No rope launcher, no chameleon skill(used Jacob), no whistling, no help from rooks, no bombs, only throwing knives

A bit of topic but why are all the snipers women?
Also what I don't get is that if I shoot guy in the head with a gun he doesn't die, But if I use a knife he's dead in one shot.:confused:

Also the side missions in Unity where boring as hell, so I'm glad they condensed them and made then worthwhile in Syndicate.

EDIT- Throwing knifes as we assumed before launch are WAAAYYYY OP. They are a one hit kill weapon that is silent unlike guns.

cawatrooper9
02-17-2016, 06:06 PM
Also what I don't get is that if I shoot guy in the head with a gun he doesn't die, But if I use a knife he's dead in one shot.:confused:

Also the side missions in Unity where boring as hell, so I'm glad they condensed them and made then worthwhile in Syndicate.

EDIT- Throwing knifes as we assumed before launch are WAAAYYYY OP. They are a one hit kill weapon that is silent unlike guns.

Well, I'd imagine this is due to a mixture of things.

First, I don't believe all enemies can be killed by a knife headshot- at least, not higher tier ones.

Second, guns have much more upward mobility in regards to upgrades than knives do. A higher tier gun can be significantly better than your starting pistol- unlike knives which may have a damage upgrade or two (I'm not sure- they do have a pouch upgrade, as I recall). So, think of it this way: knives start at about medium damage, so that they are not completely made useless once guns overtake them.

Third, damage is not the only stat weapons have. For instance, you're typically able to carry more bullets than knives, and guns generally have a longer range.

Fourth, perhaps there is some merit to the idea that knives are overpowered. If so, perhaps this is a choice by design- both to encourage more stealthy play, as well as to make the player adhere more to the idea of "concealed weaponry" that some of the early promotional content suggested.

Jessigirl2013
02-19-2016, 04:39 PM
Well, I'd imagine this is due to a mixture of things.

First, I don't believe all enemies can be killed by a knife headshot- at least, not higher tier ones.

Second, guns have much more upward mobility in regards to upgrades than knives do. A higher tier gun can be significantly better than your starting pistol- unlike knives which may have a damage upgrade or two (I'm not sure- they do have a pouch upgrade, as I recall). So, think of it this way: knives start at about medium damage, so that they are not completely made useless once guns overtake them.

Third, damage is not the only stat weapons have. For instance, you're typically able to carry more bullets than knives, and guns generally have a longer range.

Fourth, perhaps there is some merit to the idea that knives are overpowered. If so, perhaps this is a choice by design- both to encourage more stealthy play, as well as to make the player adhere more to the idea of "concealed weaponry" that some of the early promotional content suggested.
I don't really care for guns in AC, I just found the logic abit odd.:rolleyes:
I do prefer throwing knifes and stealth play though, but didn't the mention in a demo that Evie had more power with throwing knifes and that she can one hit kill people.:confused:

VernalBreak
02-20-2016, 02:20 AM

Perfectly said! Syndicate is definitely a lot easier than unity and I agree with all of your points completely! I thought I was the only one who loved unity's combat!

Jessigirl2013
02-20-2016, 02:12 PM
Perfectly said! Syndicate is definitely a lot easier than unity and I agree with all of your points completely! I thought I was the only one who loved unity's combat!

I don't know if it was the lag or what but I found Unitys combat really hit and miss. Sometimes Arno would parry, sometimes he wouldn't.

Also often in Unity, particularly in the Co-op Arno would just stop moving, he would be in his combat stance but no matter how much I mash attack, he just stands there and gets ripped to shreds.:rolleyes:.

VernalBreak
02-20-2016, 05:45 PM
I don't know if it was the lag or what but I found Unitys combat really hit and miss. Sometimes Arno would parry, sometimes he wouldn't.

Also often in Unity, particularly in the Co-op Arno would just stop moving, he would be in his combat stance but no matter how much I mash attack, he just stands there and gets ripped to shreds.:rolleyes:.

In my hundreds of hours of experience I never had blocking issues unless me the player did something wrong. Unlike the other games unity would not allow you to press the block button more than once for a single attack. Also, the space of which you can block is significantly shorter. Occasionally co op would lag but that is pretty much fixed by now other than a few times.

zachwolfe97
08-12-2017, 12:12 PM
i think that the last couple games just played out the combat way too much i mean your supposed to be an assassin what kind of assassin takes so long to take out a few weaklings. i didnt like spending so long fist fighting some stupid blighters who got in my way i miss brotherhood and revelations where all you really needed was your hidden blade for most combat or your trusty sword and it was bing bang boom your dead let me get on with the freaking game cause at the end of the day thats what im there for the story