PDA

View Full Version : Replace Anvil engine ... PLEASE !

Rioz22222
01-14-2016, 09:21 PM
hi I really like how ubisoft is loyal to anvil engine and making all AC games with it but is this really right ? number #1 buggy engine in the world ? just imagine how assassin's creed games would look if they were built by another engines such as Unreal engine 3/4 or Cryengine 3 why ubisoft whyyy you don't stop using anvil engine ! ?

ze_topazio
01-14-2016, 09:55 PM
The bugs have nothing to do with the engine.

Rioz22222
01-14-2016, 11:52 PM
The bugs have nothing to do with the engine.

oh yeah ? how about that better engines such as cryengine will square the graphics and lets not forget how better gameplay would get

and let's not forget how unrealistic is Syndicate and that poor light work but when you see unity it is a piece of art but alot of issues and why is it like this because as I said anvil engine can only give one of this options best performance or best quality while with powerful engines like unreal 4 cryengine 3 you can have them both far much less issues while having even much much more graphics and a great gameplay just see the games that were made by these engines mostly they were successful & a big hit such as Crysis series made by Cryengine3 any year a crysis series game was released it had the best graphics of year and no other game could beat it ! Unreal engine aside cryengine environment is really the best among other engines realistic and very high quaility

Farlander1991
01-15-2016, 12:12 AM
CryEngine has its own share of problems, besides, like ze said, changing an engine won't mean there won't be bugs or be less bugs. You use Unreal as one of the examples, well, there's a lot of buggy unreal games, you don't select an engine because 'there will be less bugs' as it's not true, you select (or make) an engine based on what you want to achieve.

And speaking of that, the benefit of Anvil is that as its Ubisoft's proprietary engine, not only they have extensive documentation and familiarity with it, but it also eases adding whatever they want. More 'general' engines can be more problematic to edit (depending on what you want to do, of course). But stuff like making an open-world game with huge crowds like in Unity, you can't do that with Unreal or CryEngine without rewriting ****tons of stuff and spending lots of time and manpower.

RVSage
01-15-2016, 05:28 AM
you mean to say cryengine 3 is not buggy? performs good ??? Please. Unreal 4 is newer engine and won't be free of bugs either. As others pointed out, what you say will not fix the issue. And Anvil Next has its own advantages, In short not happening

Sesheenku
01-15-2016, 09:28 AM
oh yeah ? how about that better engines such as cryengine will square the graphics and lets not forget how better gameplay would get

Okay first off... I'm surprised any of you could decipher that.

Secondly let's tear this post a new one before my inevitable perma ban because I'm so super offensive.

Better engine?

Oh my ladies and gentlemen, lookie here, we have an expert on the matter, clearly a developer. Let's see your expert explanation or are you just talking smack?

and let's not forget how unrealistic is Syndicate and that poor light work but when you see unity it is a piece of art but alot of issues and why is it like this because as I said anvil engine can only give one of this options best performance or best quality

Christ with your run on sentences I hardly know how to divide this post so I can tear it to shreds properly.

Wow people this dense exist...

Okay where to begin?

1 -> Maximizing the potential of an engine depends on the developer and platforms.

2 -> If you're talking about consoles they get FPS drops in almost all games these days, games are being made a bit far graphically, indeed some are just poorly optimized as well as is typically the case with AC.

3 -> I have not seen a significant visual difference between Syndicate and Unity graphically. I don't know where people get this nonsense. Not to mention you don't have any proof of this, you're just giving your opinion which is worth jack squat in a proper debate.

while with powerful engines like unreal 4 cryengine 3 you can have them both far much less issues while having even much much more graphics and a great gameplay just see the games that were made by these engines mostly they were successful & a big hit such as Crysis series made by Cryengine3 any year a crysis series game was released it had the best graphics of year and no other game could beat it ! Unreal engine aside cryengine environment is really the best among other engines realistic and very high quaility

Holy crap it's like you haven't even the slightest idea how engines or games even work.

Dear stop making a fool of yourself, read a book on engines and game development and then come back and talk. Right now everything you've said is the equivalent of a kindergardner trying to chime in on the presidential election. I LIKE TRUMP CAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE GRAMPA!

-Pats head- Yes yes of course dear.

Goodbye all I await my perma ban for helping quiet such nonsensical and uneducated raging.

Rioz22222
01-15-2016, 12:19 PM
Okay first off... I'm surprised any of you could decipher that.

Secondly let's tear this post a new one before my inevitable perma ban because I'm so super offensive.

Better engine?

Oh my ladies and gentlemen, lookie here, we have an expert on the matter, clearly a developer. Let's see your expert explanation or are you just talking smack?

Christ with your run on sentences I hardly know how to divide this post so I can tear it to shreds properly.

Wow people this dense exist...

Okay where to begin?

1 -> Maximizing the potential of an engine depends on the developer and platforms.

2 -> If you're talking about consoles they get FPS drops in almost all games these days, games are being made a bit far graphically, indeed some are just poorly optimized as well as is typically the case with AC.

3 -> I have not seen a significant visual difference between Syndicate and Unity graphically. I don't know where people get this nonsense. Not to mention you don't have any proof of this, you're just giving your opinion which is worth jack squat in a proper debate.

Holy crap it's like you haven't even the slightest idea how engines or games even work.

Dear stop making a fool of yourself, read a book on engines and game development and then come back and talk. Right now everything you've said is the equivalent of a kindergardner trying to chime in on the presidential election. I LIKE TRUMP CAUSE HE LOOKS LIKE GRAMPA!

-Pats head- Yes yes of course dear.

Goodbye all I await my perma ban for helping quiet such nonsensical and uneducated raging.

Now you are being mean ( troll detected) honestly there is no need for overreacting like that to a thread but I don't really care cuz you are just a salty fan boy ...
in the answer to your questions you are really blind to not see how Unity graphics and lightening work is better than syndicate and I am fully aware about engines so trust me when I say Cryengine won't have even a bit of problems... please look at this site really it's good for you so next time you don't post a troll comment www.dummies.com (www.dummies.com)
and for your information I HATE TRUMP

YazX_
01-15-2016, 03:05 PM
ok i will say this once, no flaming/insulting/attacking/trolling since obviously its against forum rules, if you don't agree with anyone then simply put him in your ignore list, problem solved! tada..... this is my first and last warning, please refrain and be civil, otherwise thread will be locked and i will give infractions to all offending members.

Thanks

Jackdaw951
01-15-2016, 04:27 PM
You know nothing about the OP, his age, or any special challenges he may have to endure. You don't have to be so callous. Yes, the lack of punctuation and run-on sentences make for a difficult read. But I know you can handle it. Your writing tells me as much.

The static graphics (e.g., screenshots) in Syndicate are definitely a step down from those in Unity, at least on the consoles. Particularly the most ornate interiors will reveal a flatter, grittier (uglier) look in the newer game. The upshot is better performance, and that pleases me.

@OP: The Anvil engine is an integral part of AC. I doubt the games would work without it, and it would be silly to trash it rather than continue to evolve it.

Fatal-Feit
01-15-2016, 05:06 PM
You know nothing about the OP, his age, or any special challenges he may have to endure. You don't have to be so callous. Yes, the lack of punctuation and run-on sentences make for a difficult read. But I know you can handle it. Your writing tells me as much.

This. I don't believe OP was trying to offend anybody. He wants a good AC just like everyone else here.

The static graphics (e.g., screenshots) in Syndicate are definitely a step down from those in Unity, at least on the consoles. Particularly the most ornate interiors will reveal a flatter, grittier (uglier) look in the newer game. The upshot is better performance, and that pleases me.

Agreed, although, I wish they bothered to give PC users more settings to play with instead of holding us back as well. But yeah, it's easy to notice the differences on PC, for sure. Unity has significantly better textures. It's locked at ''high'' in Syndicate, whereas Unity allows you to take up a notch. Animations are notably worse in Syndicate. Not as smooth as Unity's. They're more static (not referring to the 30fps locked clothe physics) and the new ones they introduce looks awkward and artificial in comparison. It's almost like Black Flag's animations vs Unity's. And that's not to mention the day/night difference between the facial animations. Crowds have been incredibly reduced. There's far less animals too, iirc. And then there's the lighting system which speaks for itself.

@OP: The Anvil engine is an integral part of AC. I doubt the games would work without it, and it would be silly to trash it rather than continue to evolve it.

Mhm. The problem with the Anvil engine is not necessarily the engine itself, but how it's being used. The AC devs don't seem to have enough time to develop their games to the fullest, especially the ambitious ones. This ultimately leaves us with half-arsed coding and buggy games.

However, the Anvil engine is by far one of my favorites and despite being used for unfinished/underwhelming products, I think people should try to appreciate it for all of its flexibility and accomplishments. There have been so much amazing things done with it, ranging from the complex parkour system to naval to having 12000 active onscreen AIs. I mean, the AC games are notorious for being incomplete, but the franchise itself is a technical marvel. Unity is by far the most gorgeous game in the world. A graphical masterpiece and it will probably stay that way for a long time. The Witcher 3 is absolutely stunning aesthetically, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Unity and Battlefront, as gorgeous as it is, is nowhere near the epic proportions of Unity's Paris, Franciade, and Versailles.

Instead of asking for a new engine, we should demand more development time with it. Both For Honor and R6S (having played both games) shows how the engine can run very well while looking absolutely stunning with new technology and NOT be full of bugs and glitches.

Sesheenku
01-15-2016, 06:31 PM

Then he can be happy knowing that I talked to him like a normal adult who said something foolish.

ok i will say this once, no flaming/insulting/attacking/trolling since obviously its against forum rules, if you don't agree with anyone then simply put him in your ignore list, problem solved! tada..... this is my first and last warning, please refrain and be civil, otherwise thread will be locked and i will give infractions to all offending members.

Thanks

There it is.

It was intended to be none of the above, truth's harsh sometimes isn't it?

Rioz22222
01-15-2016, 06:40 PM
This. I don't believe OP was trying to offend anybody. He wants a good AC just like everyone else here.

Agreed, although, I wish they bothered to give PC users more settings to play with instead of holding us back as well. But yeah, it's easy to notice the differences on PC, for sure. Unity has significantly better textures. It's locked at ''high'' in Syndicate, whereas Unity allows you to take up a notch. Animations are notably worse in Syndicate. Not as smooth as Unity's. They're more static (not referring to the 30fps locked clothe physics) and the new ones they introduce looks awkward and artificial in comparison. It's almost like Black Flag's animations vs Unity's. And that's not to mention the day/night difference between the facial animations. Crowds have been incredibly reduced. There's far less animals too, iirc. And then there's the lighting system which speaks for itself.

Mhm. The problem with the Anvil engine is not necessarily the engine itself, but how it's being used. The AC devs don't seem to have enough time to develop their games to the fullest, especially the ambitious ones. This ultimately leaves us with half-arsed coding and buggy games.

However, the Anvil engine is by far one of my favorites and despite being used for unfinished/underwhelming products, I think people should try to appreciate it for all of its flexibility and accomplishments. There have been so much amazing things done with it, ranging from the complex parkour system to naval to having 12000 active onscreen AIs. I mean, the AC games are notorious for being incomplete, but the franchise itself is a technical marvel. Unity is by far the most gorgeous game in the world. A graphical masterpiece and it will probably stay that way for a long time. The Witcher 3 is absolutely stunning aesthetically, but it still doesn't hold a candle to Unity and Battlefront, as gorgeous as it is, is nowhere near the epic proportions of Unity's Paris, Franciade, and Versailles.

Instead of asking for a new engine, we should demand more development time with it. Both For Honor and R6S (having played both games) shows how the engine can run very well while looking absolutely stunning with new technology and NOT be full of bugs and glitches.

Agreed totally I have been a bit upset because of latest buggy and incomplete AC game lately or no improve in them since Unity ( syndicate was worse just had cool ziplines ) that's why I suggest that I really love them I'm sure what me and most of fans want even if it cost years of waiting is a complete Assassin's game instead of annual & incomplete release every year but even with that I gotta say they have done a good job within the limited 1 year of time they had but as I said above if it is going to cost time ( like 1 -2 years more ) to have a complete game it's totally worth waiting just imagine If unity could run as well as it runs on PC and didn't have those weird issues or syndicate on console could be as well as it is on Pc without ******* frame lock ( cinematic ? I'd say more slowmotion :) ) I hope ubisoft stop rushing to release them because when they are incomplete it's really annoying you can't just leave the game and you can't also have a good time playing it :( I hope rumors are true and next AC game be well developed

Sesheenku
01-15-2016, 08:14 PM

They took the easy way out and toned it down for Syndicate cause Unity wasn't running well on PC or console.

IMO it isn't noticeable unless you compare the games back to back. Then it becomes pretty clear with AO and lighting and what not.

TO_M
01-15-2016, 08:47 PM
There it is.

It was intended to be none of the above, truth's harsh sometimes isn't it?

Yeah I agree with you, while your post was definitely a bit too condescending/hostile imo, I wouldn't call it flaming/insulting/abusive.

and I remember you being banned for something similar a while ago, which I thought was a bit ridiculous since I've seen a lot of posts that were worse than the one you made and those people weren't banned/infracted(that I know of at least).

SixKeys
01-15-2016, 09:20 PM
Then he can be happy knowing that I talked to him like a normal adult who said something foolish.

People who are actually adults don't need to stoop down to childish insults like "omg you're so dense, I bet you like this presidential candidate I don't". Nor do they act like trolls in the hopes of getting perma-banned. Here's a thought: if you don't want to post here anymore, stop posting. I promise you it's that easy.

wickywoowoo
01-15-2016, 10:36 PM
Maybe I am just extremely lucky but I never have these buggy issues people have with Assassins Creed. I enjoy my gameplay and any minor bugs there are such as controls are actually built that way. It isn't a bug in the system or anything.

Sesheenku
01-16-2016, 12:43 AM
Yeah I agree with you, while your post was definitely a bit too condescending/hostile imo, I wouldn't call it flaming/insulting/abusive.

and I remember you being banned for something similar a while ago, which I thought was a bit ridiculous since I've seen a lot of posts that were worse than the one you made and those people weren't banned/infracted(that I know of at least).

It is what it is, this forum is pretty strict.

I appreciate you saying so.

I have a bit of a history of being harsh, and I'm a much older member than most, perhaps that's why they have their eyes on me.

People who are actually adults don't need to stoop down to childish insults like "omg you're so dense, I bet you like this presidential candidate I don't". Nor do they act like trolls in the hopes of getting perma-banned. Here's a thought: if you don't want to post here anymore, stop posting. I promise you it's that easy.

If it isn't my favorite oblivious member.

I'm afraid you've failed miserably to see through me. I'm not trolling anyone today, nor was I trolling you that last time. Nor do I HOPE to get perma-banned. It's simply a likely possibility and I refuse to censor myself just because a few people are easily offended.

Also that is false. Harshness and softness are required in life, both of them. Some people need a smack upside the head, some people need a gentle embrace.

Maybe you don't like that I go straight for the smack upside the head but I don't really care. OP is clearly raging about issues they don't understand in the slightest. It'd be good for him to recognize that one should keep their mouths closed when they have no idea what they're complaining about.

You wouldn't tell a doctor the best way to treat a patient, nor should OP be telling a developer what to do with their engines.

In any case I'll speak how I see fit and it is likely that'll lead to a permanent ban which is fine with me. Better to not speak at all then to be censored just because my words angered someone or hurt their feelings.

I like posting here, I like discussing the series. If you think I'm sitting behind here steaming mad you'd be wrong.

As many here know, Assassin-M in particular... I'm perfectly capable of debating without harsh words but I won't do it if you come in with a position that is illogical or downright foolish.

Oh and last but not least the presidential campaign was merely a way to express the level of ignorance I feel he displayed. I don't care who you pick although I certainly have an opinion.

SixKeys
01-16-2016, 02:22 AM

I appreciate you saying so.

I have a bit of a history of being harsh, and I'm a much older member than most, perhaps that's why they have their eyes on me.

Honestly, I would have pegged you for one of the youngest based on your behavior.

If it isn't my favorite oblivious member.

I'm afraid you've failed miserably to see through me. I'm not trolling anyone today, nor was I trolling you that last time. Nor do I HOPE to get perma-banned. It's simply a likely possibility and I refuse to censor myself just because a few people are easily offended.

Yeah, isn't it odd how people get offended when you call them dense, ignorant and oblivious? Weird. Calling people names over something as insignificant as a video game is perfectly mature, grown-up behavior, after all.

Also that is false. Harshness and softness are required in life, both of them. Some people need a smack upside the head, some people need a gentle embrace.

If you think video games are so essential that not knowing something about them requires a smack over the head, I don't want to know how you react to actual problems.

You wouldn't tell a doctor the best way to treat a patient, nor should OP be telling a developer what to do with their engines.

And yet you've been here how long, telling devs what to do with their games?

I like posting here, I like discussing the series. If you think I'm sitting behind here steaming mad you'd be wrong.

No, I don't imagine you're steaming mad. Which is why I think it's so odd that you fly off the handle over such petty things. People without anger issues generally don't feel the need to put others down. Other people in the thread have been perfectly capable of educating OP without resorting to ad hominems. If you are as old as you say you are, you should know about ad hominems by now and why they're such a poor tactic in adult conversations.

I hope you're aware I'm not steaming mad either. I simply find your overblown response to something so innocent a fascinating subject.

Mr.Black24
01-16-2016, 04:27 AM
Now folks, continue with caution, as we are dealing with an true intellectual here!

So making sure that tensions does not escalate to a full blown arguments and spittle means that its strict?

I have a bit of a history of being harsh, and I'm a much older member than most, perhaps that's why they have their eyes on me. I don't think its the age, son.

If it isn't my favorite oblivious member. OhhoOOooooHHH man I can feel the guy real likes to hear himself talk huh? What are you, some saturday morning cartoon villain? "Well, well, well If it isn't my favorite oblivious member, Sixkeys, we meet again"

What in the **** you think this is?

I'm afraid you've failed miserably to see through me. I'm not trolling anyone today, nor was I trolling you that last time. Nor do I HOPE to get perma-banned. It's simply a likely possibility and I refuse to censor myself just because a few people are easily offended. Ouch, just got cut by that edge man! Bruh, you even sound like your monologuing like an actual cartoon villain. I get it, you are too much for us, with your impenetrable armor of intellectual logic and reasoning, using your sword of keen wit, of course we know nothing of intellectual debates and calm reasoning. Truly we have never seen a logistic knight such as yourself.

Also that is false. Harshness and softness are required in life, both of them. Some people need a smack upside the head, some people need a gentle embrace. LOL what in the hell is this edgy garbage? What are you, OP's dad or something? Who in the hell are you coming in being the backhand of discipline? I'm positively sure that if your going to "smack" the head of any adult, they would pretty much full on get you a pounding for being such an a$$.

Maybe you don't like that I go straight for the smack upside the head but I don't really care. OP is clearly raging about issues they don't understand in the slightest. It'd be good for him to recognize that one should keep their mouths closed when they have no idea what they're complaining about. As if you are in a better position to be a condescending *****, OOOPPSSS I mean,"correcting", others, you master of intellectual edge.

When has insulting someone in an argument has ever won an arguement before? *See where this is going?*

You wouldn't tell a doctor the best way to treat a patient, nor should OP be telling a developer what to do with their engines. Again, what have we, the fans be doing here for the past couple of years.....?

In any case I'll speak how I see fit and it is likely that'll lead to a permanent ban which is fine with me. Better to not speak at all then to be censored just because my words angered someone or hurt their feelings.
Then don't talk. Being an *** does not constitute a smart discussion. This is the same reasoning when racists yell at people for not being allowed to use slurs. "Oh we always got to be politically correct all the time, this is not my 'merica! This country is going down the drain with these softies running office!"

As many here know, Assassin-M in particular... I'm perfectly capable of debating without harsh words but I won't do it if you come in with a position that is illogical or downright foolish.
Your idiotic problem is that M knows how to talk and be a civil person about it, even if the debate goes sour, hence one of the big reasons why he is a well respected member of this forum. You just like being a condescending ***** who thinks he knows it all and feels better about it, wanting the world to know how much he is so much intellectually superior than us "normies".

Talk of your damm fedora already and go outside, ya dirty mug.

Oh and last but not least the presidential campaign was merely a way to express the level of ignorance I feel he displayed. I don't care who you pick although I certainly have an opinion.
Jeez, those people are incredibly stupid, but OP never went full on. However I can't say the same for you.

ace3001
01-16-2016, 04:42 AM
how about that better engines such as cryengine will square the graphics and lets not forget how better gameplay would get This line is enough to say that you don't have the slightest idea as to what a video game engine is.

Fatal-Feit
01-16-2016, 05:01 AM
Agreed totally I have been a bit upset because of latest buggy and incomplete AC game lately or no improve in them since Unity ( syndicate was worse just had cool ziplines ) that's why I suggest that I really love them I'm sure what me and most of fans want even if it cost years of waiting is a complete Assassin's game instead of annual & incomplete release every year but even with that I gotta say they have done a good job within the limited 1 year of time they had but as I said above if it is going to cost time ( like 1 -2 years more ) to have a complete game it's totally worth waiting just imagine If unity could run as well as it runs on PC and didn't have those weird issues or syndicate on console could be as well as it is on Pc without ******* frame lock ( cinematic ? I'd say more slowmotion :) ) I hope ubisoft stop rushing to release them because when they are incomplete it's really annoying you can't just leave the game and you can't also have a good time playing it :( I hope rumors are true and next AC game be well developed

Do you hear that, Ubisoft? Slow down! We have more than enough ACs to satisfy us for a one year break. Please take your time!

They took the easy way out and toned it down for Syndicate cause Unity wasn't running well on PC or console.

Which is a shame, because Unity doesn't exactly run that poor on PC (I would argue it's more optimized than consoles) if you consider the graphical quality. Syndicate took an extra month to polish and release and, tbh, it doesn't perform that much better than Unity. In fact, I would say it performs exactly as you would expect: a little bit better BECAUSE it's a downgrade. :(

IMO it isn't noticeable unless you compare the games back to back. Then it becomes pretty clear with AO and lighting and what not.

Perhaps it's a matter of understanding the technology behind the games. I'm able to identify and notice these things without trying, but to someone who may not care too much, it's the last thing their eyes are concerned with. It could also be affected by how long we've played the games. I've clocked in about 600+ hours into Unity and 100+ into Syndicate.

*snip*

While I don't disagree with what you're saying, I think the last thing this thread currently need is more hostility. SixKeys is doing a perfectly good enough job of getting the point across on her own.

SixKeys
01-16-2016, 06:39 AM
Which is a shame, because Unity doesn't exactly run that poor on PC (I would argue it's more optimized than consoles) if you consider the graphical quality. Syndicate took an extra month to polish and release and, tbh, it doesn't perform that much better than Unity. In fact, I would say it performs exactly as you would expect: a little bit better BECAUSE it's a downgrade. :(

There is definitely a big difference in performance with Syndicate vs. Unity. When playing Unity, I just figured my PC wasn't good enough to handle the graphics, which I found odd at the time, considering many people thought my rig sounded fine. Syndicate has been (mostly) smooth from the beginning, it's a world of difference if I think back on Unity. Not perfect, by any means; for some reason Syndicate performed great before all the patches, but every new patch seems to just make performance worse.

While I don't disagree with what you're saying, I think the last thing this thread currently need is more hostility. SixKeys is doing a perfectly good enough job of getting the point across on her own.

This. Don't play into his game, he expects us all to get mad and stoop to personal insults. That will only get the thread closed for no good reason.

Fatal-Feit
01-16-2016, 07:04 AM
There is definitely a big difference in performance with Syndicate vs. Unity. When playing Unity, I just figured my PC wasn't good enough to handle the graphics, which I found odd at the time, considering many people thought my rig sounded fine. Syndicate has been (mostly) smooth from the beginning, it's a world of difference if I think back on Unity. Not perfect, by any means; for some reason Syndicate performed great before all the patches, but every new patch seems to just make performance worse.

Honestly, I still think it's a malfunctioning issue with your PC. I've played Unity on a few graphic cards that are significantly weaker than the one we helped you pick out and they perform relatively well. One of our club members, Reaper, is running the game at max settings at 1080p with no problem with your exact same card. GTX 770, right? My current graphic card is broken, but I've been testing out Syndicate on other PCs and it performs about the same, except slightly smoother because of the downgrade.

My sister isn't home right now so I went ahead and tested out both Unity and Syndicate on default medium settings at 1080p to be sure. Her computer is running on a GTX 760. As I expected, both are running at a stable 30-40fps average. Syndicate drops 1-2 fps below 30 sometimes during high-speed carriage runs whereas Unity drops 1-2 fps below 30 sometimes inside Notre Dame and seq 9's assassination (my main go-to benchmarking route). This isn't the best comparison method, but from my experience here, there isn't a big difference. I really wish my card wasn't broken so I could compare the two at their maximum.

Maybe the source of the problem isn't the GPU. What's your CPU again?

Sesheenku
01-16-2016, 07:55 AM
Now folks, continue with caution, as we are dealing with an true intellectual here!

So making sure that tensions does not escalate to a full blown arguments and spittle means that its strict?

I don't think its the age, son.

OhhoOOooooHHH man I can feel the guy real likes to hear himself talk huh? What are you, some saturday morning cartoon villain? "Well, well, well If it isn't my favorite oblivious member, Sixkeys, we meet again"

What in the **** you think this is?

Ouch, just got cut by that edge man! Bruh, you even sound like your monologuing like an actual cartoon villain. I get it, you are too much for us, with your impenetrable armor of intellectual logic and reasoning, using your sword of keen wit, of course we know nothing of intellectual debates and calm reasoning. Truly we have never seen a logistic knight such as yourself.

LOL what in the hell is this edgy garbage? What are you, OP's dad or something? Who in the hell are you coming in being the backhand of discipline? I'm positively sure that if your going to "smack" the head of any adult, they would pretty much full on get you a pounding for being such an a$$.

As if you are in a better position to be a condescending *****, OOOPPSSS I mean,"correcting", others, you master of intellectual edge.

When has insulting someone in an argument has ever won an arguement before? *See where this is going?*

Again, what have we, the fans be doing here for the past couple of years.....?

Then don't talk. Being an *** does not constitute a smart discussion. This is the same reasoning when racists yell at people for not being allowed to use slurs. "Oh we always got to be politically correct all the time, this is not my 'merica! This country is going down the drain with these softies running office!"

Your idiotic problem is that M knows how to talk and be a civil person about it, even if the debate goes sour, hence one of the big reasons why he is a well respected member of this forum. You just like being a condescending ***** who thinks he knows it all and feels better about it, wanting the world to know how much he is so much intellectually superior than us "normies".

Talk of your damm fedora already and go outside, ya dirty mug.

Jeez, those people are incredibly stupid, but OP never went full on. However I can't say the same for you.

Oh my, how adorable. You were so angry you decided to derail the thread entirely just for me.

Stay mad.

Which is a shame, because Unity doesn't exactly run that poor on PC (I would argue it's more optimized than consoles) if you consider the graphical quality. Syndicate took an extra month to polish and release and, tbh, it doesn't perform that much better than Unity. In fact, I would say it performs exactly as you would expect: a little bit better BECAUSE it's a downgrade. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/frown.png

They both run well at slightly higher than high settings and 1080p on my 970m and that's not even a desktop card.

Perhaps it's a matter of understanding the technology behind the games. I'm able to identify and notice these things without trying, but to someone who may not care too much, it's the last thing their eyes are concerned with. It could also be affected by how long we've played the games. I've clocked in about 600+ hours into Unity and 100+ into Syndicate.

Makes sense, I'm more critical with rpg's since I end up playing those for over 100 hours. In those I can notice, I suppose I hadn't paid much attention in Unity/Syndicate. Although today when I placed two screenshots I took in similar weather the difference was crystal clear.

I hope you're aware I'm not steaming mad either. I simply find your overblown response to something so innocent a fascinating subject.

Is that right? Well then, to your continued fascination friend. For as long as I last here to fascinate you anyways.

This. Don't play into his game, he expects us all to get mad and stoop to personal insults. That will only get the thread closed for no good reason.

She's right you know?

Rioz22222
01-16-2016, 02:30 PM
Oh my, how adorable. You were so angry you decided to derail the thread entirely just for me.

Stay mad.

They both run well at slightly higher than high settings and 1080p on my 970m and that's not even a desktop card.

Makes sense, I'm more critical with rpg's since I end up playing those for over 100 hours. In those I can notice, I suppose I hadn't paid much attention in Unity/Syndicate. Although today when I placed two screenshots I took in similar weather the difference was crystal clear.

Is that right? Well then, to your continued fascination friend. For as long as I last here to fascinate you anyways.

She's right you know?

Honestly what is wrong with you ? I can clearly understand how much of an " Adult" you are ...please just stop ruining the thread I have already ignored your comments but seems like you just can't stop trolling around and insult people while saying I am insulting none you are just making no sense at all being adult is not all about being an A-hole I hope you understand but don't worry if you don't right now you will when you are an actual adult and please until then stop offending people in your childish way to say their ideas or comments are not good ... if that is too hard for you just ignore coming to threads you dislike simple as that !

Rioz22222
01-16-2016, 02:41 PM
There is definitely a big difference in performance with Syndicate vs. Unity. When playing Unity, I just figured my PC wasn't good enough to handle the graphics, which I found odd at the time, considering many people thought my rig sounded fine. Syndicate has been (mostly) smooth from the beginning, it's a world of difference if I think back on Unity. Not perfect, by any means; for some reason Syndicate performed great before all the patches, but every new patch seems to just make performance worse..

totally if you have a good console Unity will run perfect on it without issues using latest patches ( patch 5 fixed 99% of issues ) as for PC my computer isn't that bad but when I compare it to console I honestly wish for a Frame lock Unity is weirdly running a bit fast on my system for no reason I never had any issues with it tho like graphical glitches or crashes sometimes I think unity is like fallout 4 that speed of gameplay depends on Frames you get because when I hold down shift and start free running on my pc it run twice - thrice faster than when it free runs on console but still I enjoyed Unity on PC more than Syndicate on PC on the other hand on console I enjoyed syndicate more than unity ( I never faced any issues cuz I bought Unity lately in 2015 when all patches were released :D ) syndicate on Pc was really annoying alot of crash zones on both free roaming and missions and was really unplayable .... but still overall Unity on PC was the best experience I had in AC series after Black flag even more enjoyable than syndicate even tho I played all of them syndicate on PC was good but unplayable due alot of issues syndicate on console was really annoying ( it was like slow motion ) unity was better on PC and console in my opinion ( better graphics than console version and both versions of syndicate tho ) especially when you play heists with your friends :) 4 / 2 none stopable assassin's let's also not forget about better ending ( it made more sense ) and standalone story and sweet part of tons of customization i'd say it's totally worth to play give it a shot once

valid points ...

Mr.Black24
01-16-2016, 09:07 PM

Stay mad.

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/avatars/36150743F61127595681537040384_2136b7541f6.5.1.jpg? versionId=Kalu75mmub6PJ0YJpVc4Z8HOFbXLJ5qW #urright #mewrong #topkek #gotrekt

This. Don't play into his game, he expects us all to get mad and stoop to personal insults. That will only get the thread closed for no good reason. For you and Fatal, anything.

Anyway, for the Anvil Engine topic itself, why go the Ubisoft route, drop everything there is and start anew when you can just improve on what you have. If you haven't learned anything from before, why start making the same old mistakes on something new?

Sesheenku
01-17-2016, 10:00 PM
Honestly what is wrong with you ? I can clearly understand how much of an " Adult" you are ...please just stop ruining the thread I have already ignored your comments but seems like you just can't stop trolling around and insult people while saying I am insulting none you are just making no sense at all being adult is not all about being an A-hole I hope you understand but don't worry if you don't right now you will when you are an actual adult and please until then stop offending people in your childish way to say their ideas or comments are not good ... if that is too hard for you just ignore coming to threads you dislike simple as that !

You are SOOOO right, I'm going to conform to your standards post haste now!

I mean after all, some nobody on the internet called me childish, clearly I need to reflect upon that and make a change in my life.

From this day forth I will just be amazing.

That's precious.

Thinking I care about your opinion of me that is.

You have the wrong idea anyways I don't dislike the thread. OP was just foolish so I said what I wanted.

Fatal-Feit
01-17-2016, 10:33 PM
I honestly wish for a Frame lock

If you're using an Nvidia card, you can lock the frame rate through the control panel. Or alternatively, Nvidia or not, you can use RivaTuner (http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html).

For you and Fatal, anything.

Anyway, for the Anvil Engine topic itself, why go the Ubisoft route, drop everything there is and start anew when you can just improve on what you have. If you haven't learned anything from before, why start making the same old mistakes on something new?

Aw, you're making me blush. I think the issue with reusing the same engine is that there's only so much you can do with it until it's outdated. If they want to continue pushing the boundaries of the franchise, they will need a new engine.

UbiSmarmy
01-17-2016, 11:20 PM
Let's keep it civil. I don't want to close the thread because it's devolved into name calling.

Rioz22222
01-17-2016, 11:41 PM
If you're using an Nvidia card, you can lock the frame rate through the control panel. Or alternatively, Nvidia or not, you can use RivaTuner (http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html).
thx found it very useful

Aw, you're making me blush. I think the issue with reusing the same engine is that there's only so much you can do with it until it's outdated. If they want to continue pushing the boundaries of the franchise, they will need a new engine.

finally someone's understands that's what I am saying either some times a change can be very good but if AC 2017 is going to be made by current version of anvil ( which made Unity & syndicate ) i'd be really disappointed :( also among all the open worlds games other there I believe AC series had most of issues maybe just maybe changing engine do something for it better and newer engines such as Unreal engine 4 I doubt it be too hard for them since they have alot ( over 1000 ) people working on each of they projects ...

Assassin_M
01-18-2016, 01:47 AM
but if AC 2017 is going to be made by current version of anvil ( which made Unity & syndicate ) i'd be really disappointed :(
Would you honestly know, though? Would you be able to point out whether or not a new engine is being used? For example, did you know that AC III and Unity are the same engine? Anvil in the latter is just an upgraded iteration with new functionalities and upgrades.

Also among all the open worlds games other there I believe AC series had most of issues maybe just maybe changing engine do something for it better and newer engines such as Unreal engine 4 I doubt it be too hard for them since they have alot ( over 1000 ) people working on each of they projects ...
Okay, I have a question: Did you read what Farlander and Fatal posted at all? Because judging from this part here, it seems that you didn't. You should, they explain your dilemma very well. As Farlander said, there's no such thing as "This engine has issues and changing the engine will make it better". Every engine is aimed at a particular design choice. Firstly, Anvil has been Ubisoft's propriety engine for a long time, so their familiarity and experience with it is one of the most important things to keep in mind. The engine is entirely streamlined for Assassins Creed development pipeline. That includes a lot of 3rd party software that facilitate development.

By this very simple logic, Anvil engine is better for Ubisoft than any other engine solely because they're more familiar with it. They're familiar with every nook and cranny, every problem, every bug. Don't assume that developers, testers and coders do not notice the bugs you notice: They absolutely do. Going to a new engine is reminiscent of a migration. They'd have to refamiliarize themselves, reintegrate old development pipelines and scrap a lot of previous experience.

If you have any more questions, don't hesitate to ask. The guys here have had these discussions lots of times before and being informed is always better than being opinionated, so I hope you keep an open mind.

Mr.Black24
01-18-2016, 03:53 AM
Okay, I have a question: Did you read what Farlander and Fatal posted at all? Because judging from this part here, it seems that you didn't. You should, they explain your dilemma very well. As Farlander said, there's no such thing as "This engine has issues and changing the engine will make it better". Every engine is aimed at a particular design choice. Firstly, Anvil has been Ubisoft's propriety engine for a long time, so their familiarity and experience with it is one of the most important things to keep in mind. The engine is entirely streamlined for Assassins Creed development pipeline. That includes a lot of 3rd party software that facilitate development.

By this very simple logic, Anvil engine is better for Ubisoft than any other engine solely because they're more familiar with it. They're familiar with every nook and cranny, every problem, every bug. Don't assume that developers, testers and coders do not notice the bugs you notice: They absolutely do. Going to a new engine is reminiscent of a migration. They'd have to refamiliarize themselves, reintegrate old development pipelines and scrap a lot of previous experience.
Pretty much right here. Get what you got and make it beast.

While this is true, however seeing how both Syndicate and Unity shows, it will still be a long time till they get to that point. It still locks at 30FPS and even then there are some heavy drops here and there. Not to mention they had to sacrifice visuals from Unity for gameplay functionality, which is Syndicate. And even then Syndicate isn't very great either.