PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a Tracker3 profile?

LuckyNed
06-03-2004, 10:53 AM
S!

I'm new to the wonderful world of trackers and I'm not sure how to get it's full potential. Anything I need to set in the game? I started with the Tracker set to absolute and used the Il default profile but I find it too fast. I know what I want it to do but I'm having trouble with the different settings. What is best for Il..mouse emulation or the absolute setting? Thanks ahead~ Ned

LuckyNed
06-03-2004, 10:53 AM
S!

I'm new to the wonderful world of trackers and I'm not sure how to get it's full potential. Anything I need to set in the game? I started with the Tracker set to absolute and used the Il default profile but I find it too fast. I know what I want it to do but I'm having trouble with the different settings. What is best for Il..mouse emulation or the absolute setting? Thanks ahead~ Ned

Woof603
06-03-2004, 12:07 PM
Check out the forums at Naturalpoint.com. All sorts of info.

http://www.spaads.org/denmark/spsabre.JPG

dshazel
06-03-2004, 01:04 PM
LuckyNed,

Just started using TIR3 and am very impressed. Be prepared to learn how to fly all over again :-). I suggest you add a dead zone in the center of your profile ( I use the IL2 one provided with the TIR3 software ) I've got mine on both the X and Y axis at 20% and am having good results.

Cheers,

JG14_Scot

Bucketrider
06-03-2004, 01:11 PM
You'll need to play around with the motion (tab) settings for your style. Definitely comb this and the naturalpoint forums for TrackIR help. Use the absolute option (enhanced) for IL2...it's the only way.
I have mine set up so that the motion profile looks like a cross-section of a saucer. Gives me plenty of deadzone for the forward view (for gunsight) and a relative quick 'snap' over the shoulders. I move around a lot in my seat and the plenty deadzone helps, ie. comfortable.
Admittedly I had a neck cramp for a day or so after trying out my TrackIR for the first time. Now it's essential and will never go back to NewView. I do love it so...

"...I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill." - Pvt. Joker, "Full-Metal Jacket"

LuckyNed
06-03-2004, 05:37 PM
S!

Thanks for the advise. I must have some kinda pc trouble. I can't get the program to save any setting changes I make. Bummer.

Bucketrider
06-03-2004, 09:50 PM
be sure you've got "remember mode on startup" checked off in the motion tab...right under the TrackIR enhanced mode (absolute) check button.

"...I wanted to meet interesting and stimulating people of an ancient culture, and kill them. I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get a confirmed kill." - Pvt. Joker, "Full-Metal Jacket"

LuckyNed
06-04-2004, 06:47 AM
S!
Ouu..that would be great if I missed something silly. I could this being very immersive if I could get a profile setup right. Thanks!!! I'll check that.