PDA

View Full Version : How To Destroy Thermite Charge Through Reinforced Wall

DEOVONTAY
01-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Title says it all.

Was playing ranked last night with a bunch of silvers and got matched against a 5 man high gold/platinum team because Ubiderp.

On offense, we attempted to Thermite breach through a garage door, but they destroyed the charge while it was going off. Since then, I have tried to do this against other players and can't see how it works so I'm hoping someone knows the trick to this. Here were the parameters:

Garage door was fully reinforced, as in the location of the charge was reinforced as was the locations adjacent to it.
Used Thatcher EMP before placing charge.
Charge was roughly in the middle of the door, on a location where two reinforces intersect.
As the charge was going off, we heard them shooting leading me to believe they shot it.
They did have Mute and Bandit on their team.

A couple things I postulate may have been the cause:

Enemy team shot through the crack between the two reinforces. I've tried to do this before and bullets have never actually gone through, although you can just barely see through the two pixel crack.
Bandit sat on the door listening for steps, then placed a battery the second we placed the charge.

tl;dr
If someone knows the trick to shooting Thermite charges through a reinforced wall and can explain this that would be great. It was obvious they were watching that spot and just waiting to destroy the charge, so clearly it is an easily replicated strategy and given how insanely useful this is should be a commonly known tactic for ranked.

Cashm0nae
01-07-2016, 08:05 PM
Other than battery being placed after thatcher's emp, there is no good explanation. On my team the guy who plays bandit will pick up the batteries after the drone phase and redeploy once they know where the enemies are coming from. The only other explanation would be someone peeking from a different angle shot the charge, though this wouldn't make sense because the same peeker would just shoot your team instead.

MrJeferson
01-07-2016, 09:01 PM
They probably listened Thermite placing his charge on the wall and then they put a battery on it. After it being destroyed, they removed it and baited until Thatcher launches another EMP grenade. Imediately after EMP goes off, Bandit goes there and places again the battery exactly when he hears the Thermite's charge burning. And this can be repeated over and over. Same thing can accomplished with Mute's jammers.

COCOBEEZUS
01-07-2016, 10:27 PM
Both Single_MOM and MJG.Sensi are the only things i can think of to accomplish this.

Rilandas
01-09-2016, 02:22 PM
It's Bandit's battery.
Problem solved.

Krazy_Kirby
01-11-2016, 12:58 AM
maybe c4? if c4 cant do it then its hard to explain how my thermite didn't blow a trap door

GrabThem
01-11-2016, 10:39 AM
They probably listened Thermite placing his charge on the wall and then they put a battery on it. After it being destroyed, they removed it and baited until Thatcher launches another EMP grenade. Imediately after EMP goes off, Bandit goes there and places again the battery exactly when he hears the Thermite's charge burning. And this can be repeated over and over. Same thing can accomplished with Mute's jammers.

That's exactly how we did yesterday ! pretty sure it was us :D

Deno03
01-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Sometimes, you can shoot the wall and destroy Thermite's breach. I have done it, I have saw it done, but it seems hit or miss if it's going to work.

Krazy_Kirby
01-12-2016, 07:16 AM
Sometimes, you can shoot the wall and destroy Thermite's breach. I have done it, I have saw it done, but it seems hit or miss if it's going to work.

not on a reinforced door