PDA

View Full Version : AC Chronicles: India - Deep Dive Trailer

pacmanate
01-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Looks like more of China to me. And what the guy is saying in the video could have easily been dubbed over the China trailer/game, there really is negligable difference in what you can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwwMQJRyLXU&feature=youtu.be

I-Like-Pie45
01-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Well, that's one way to recycle assets

RVSage
01-06-2016, 06:38 PM
more or less the same gameplay wise, what interests me is the story, some precursor locations in this one. Should be interesting :D

ze_topazio
01-06-2016, 06:48 PM
Looks fine.

pacmanate
01-06-2016, 06:51 PM
more or less the same gameplay wise, what interests me is the story, some precursor locations in this one. Should be interesting :D

The story? Rescue his girlfriend and recover an artifact, hardly anything substantial. Even ACC can be summarised as "Shao kills evil men to recover precursor box"

I-Like-Pie45
01-06-2016, 07:19 PM
Well it is too much to expect Ubisoft to do anything too risky these days

BananaBlighter
01-06-2016, 07:48 PM
If it's so similar what was the need to delay it for so long?

Assassin_M
01-06-2016, 08:15 PM
Most likely because of the rumors that there may be no AC this year. They probably wanted to fill this year was something.

SixKeys
01-07-2016, 02:13 AM
Looks exactly like China, but I expected nothing more. I do like how colorful the backgrounds are. I hope they make full use of the 2.5D technology this time, similar to this trailer where the camera is constantly rotating.

Pacing, most likely. With Unity the franchise fatigue came to a head and Chronicles China wasn't that well received. Releasing the other two quickly after China would have spelled doom for them. They had to prove themselves with Syndicate and win back the public's trust, and spread out the AC content over the first quarter of 2016. It makes sense if you consider we'd normally get the first tease about the next big title around March/April, and Chronicles Russia will be published in February, I think. So ideally the Syndicate DLCs and Chronicles games would keep players hooked to AC all year round.

Of course, if the rumors about taking a year off are true, it'll be interesting to see how they intend to fill the gap leading to E3.

RVSage
01-07-2016, 04:28 AM
The story? Rescue his girlfriend and recover an artifact, hardly anything substantial. Even ACC can be summarised as "Shao kills evil men to recover precursor box"

There are supposed to be missions involving precursor sites, so that is what interests me (I remember folks from E3 2015 telling the same)

VestigialLlama4
01-07-2016, 04:45 AM
They say "mystical 19th Century"...man, colonialism is awesome right?

RVSage
01-07-2016, 05:56 AM

I doubt that was their intention, they mean the colourfulness of the setting. Even if what you say is the case, it would not be the first time, colonialism has been portrayed as such

kosmoscreed
01-07-2016, 06:11 AM
Looks good on the art side, the rest most of the same, now with smoke bombs. I enjoyed China but by the time I got all the thropies I was burned.

SixKeys
01-07-2016, 11:58 AM
There are supposed to be missions involving precursor sites, so that is what interests me (I remember folks from E3 2015 telling the same)

You can see one such mission in the trailer at 3:00. Arbaaz Mir is in a First Civ temple and there are lasers coming out of the walls (you can see a soldier being incinerated). Ubi seems to have a b0ner for lasers ever since AC4.

Yeah, poor choice of words there. :|

pacmanate
01-07-2016, 01:36 PM

I can see why it would.

I wish Ubisoft could make precursor sites in the main game series. We just got 2 tombs the past 2 games which happened to have an artifact lying in them.

VestigialLlama4
01-07-2016, 01:47 PM
Yeah, poor choice of words there. :|

I suppose we should be grateful for the absence of a snake charming mini-game. And it's probably not as offensive as Far Cry 4 (AKA Rudyard Kipling means Frank Capra's Lost Horizon) was in that regard, though the overall design is closer to Sands of Time than anything and Prince of Persia than anything.

But yeah, our hero being a Kashmiri Muslim Assassin is a good choice.

The sad part of Chronicles India is that we might never get a full Indian AC game. I mean I am sure a lot of people would like to climb up the Taj Mahal, the Red Fort, spelunk down Ajanta, Elephanta and Ellora, or visit the Lake Palace or Hampi. India has some amazing architecture waiting to be scaled and constructed in 3D (as does China and Russia for that matter).

I think making the games 2D just defeats the purpose. Without the crowds, parkour and architecture, the history, the games just stop being AC.

pacmanate
01-07-2016, 01:54 PM
I think making the games 2D just defeats the purpose. Without the crowds, parkour and architecture, the history, the games just stop being AC.

That and... just why? These games don't need to exist. The stuff you listed is heavily reduced in these 2D games, the stories can be summarised in 2 sentences.

After Syndicate and the Ripper DLC, India would have been a good next location. I would have enjoyed a fresh new setting and it would have been a good opportunity to go into the fear system even more with its manipulation aspect

m4r-k7
01-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't buy these games but now that the trilogy is coming to Vita (which I think these games suit very well on), I am looking forward to it - although it comes out in April.

JWRK
01-07-2016, 02:26 PM

I suspect it might tie in with the least Maharaja DLC.

Sorrosyss
01-08-2016, 01:44 AM
I suspect it might tie in with the least Maharaja DLC.

I thought the exact same thing, and I'm pretty sure it will involve the koh-i-noor somehow.

As for the trailer, yeah, it's just a reskinned China. It's again a shame, the Chronicles three locations would have made excellent choices for main releases. Alas though, you get what you pay for I guess. (8 in the UK) Can't really complain too much. Got to do something until the end of 2017. :p