PDA

View Full Version : Massive dissapointment over the DLC items (Nerf DLC gear poll) (AC:Syndicate)

Deaftones
01-06-2016, 07:38 AM
Hey all, so I don't know if any of you have noticed yet (those of you who have the season pass and got all the free level 7 gear) but I recently just started hunting down all of my level 10 gear since I just reached level 10 about 2 hours ago and what I noticed really disappointed me when I got a couple master assassin/level 10 items... The stats on the level 10 items when upgraded are EXACTLY the same as their level 7 upgraded DLC counterparts.... seriously ubisoft y u do dis? I understand you want the DLC items to have some strength so people purchase them but to put them at the same level as the master assassin gear and level 10 gear is absolutely absurd and took all the fun out of hunting down level 10 gear for my assassins. The only piece of gear that I have noticed actually gets better when you upgrade to level 10 gear from the DLC gear is Evie's cloak... that's it. The only piece of gear that I have not confirmed yet is the pistol, which by the looks of it may actually get a teeny teeny tiny bit better as well. Don't take this as a *oh I hate this game blah blah I hate ubisoft* rant, I love the game and would consider it in my top 3 favorite AC's, I just felt the need to express my disappointment with how overpowered the DLC gear is. As I said earlier, it completely takes all the fun out of getting my "maxed out gear" since the level 7 DLC stuff is pretty much already maxed out... I believe they should nerf the DLC gear even if it's only by like 1 point just to add a little bit of reward to finding the max level gear, would love to hear others opinions on this.

Sorry for the wall of text, cheers.

crusader_prophet
01-06-2016, 08:05 AM
So you are disappointed at getting another powerful gear from DLC? Hmm...let me see where will that be in priority list of UbiSoft. I am disappointed to say nowhere. And why would you create a poll for such an absurd request? Out of all the things, this is what disappointed you about the DLC? Sigh...

Deaftones
01-06-2016, 08:17 AM
So you are disappointed at getting another powerful gear from DLC? Hmm...let me see where will that be in priority list of UbiSoft. I am disappointed to say nowhere. And why would you create a poll for such an absurd request? Out of all the things, this is what disappointed you about the DLC? Sigh...

So you enjoy getting game breaking items for paying a couple bucks? You sound like a hardcore gamer. Also, how is this an absurd request/poll? It would take them no effort at all to nerf a couple items if people honestly believed they were overpowered (which they are).

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 04:06 PM
If you only got Level 7 gear that was worse than what you currently had equipped, you may as well have gotten nothing anyway.

I don't see what the issue is here...

Deaftones
01-06-2016, 10:37 PM
If you only got Level 7 gear that was worse than what you currently had equipped, you may as well have gotten nothing anyway.

I don't see what the issue is here...

The issue is the level 7 gear that you get when upgraded has the same stats as upgraded level 10 gear... That is ridiculously strong for level 7 gear, and I even remember telling my friends before I upgraded it that the game got kind of boring after equipping the gear because it seemed too strong. It should be comparable to level 9 gear, but not max gear as that makes all fighting around that level boring and it also makes hunting down your level 10 master assassin gear pointless and boring.

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 10:54 PM
The issue is the level 7 gear that you get when upgraded has the same stats as upgraded level 10 gear... That is ridiculously strong for level 7 gear, and I even remember telling my friends before I upgraded it that the game got kind of boring after equipping the gear because it seemed too strong. It should be comparable to level 9 gear, but not max gear as that makes all fighting around that level boring and it also makes hunting down your level 10 master assassin gear pointless and boring.

I don't know, then don't upgrade it?

Most people want to max out their gear, so it's nice to have new gear actually be usable at higher levels. If you want a challange, might I suggest the "Simply Evie/Jacob" outfits and the beginners brass knuckles?

SixKeys
01-06-2016, 11:17 PM
Honestly the DLC gear was so ugly with its over-the-top steampunk aesthetic that I never used it.

Deaftones
01-07-2016, 09:42 AM
Honestly the DLC gear was so ugly with its over-the-top steampunk aesthetic that I never used it.

Honestly I didn't mind it that much, although most of it was hard on the eyes. My biggest complaint on how the gear looks so far is how evie's cape doesn't match the aegis gear at all, I really wish I could chose to have it not show.

pacmanate
01-07-2016, 01:50 PM

That's pretty stupid to be honest. Breaks the progression system. But Ubi love doing that which is why they put Microtransactions in since Unity.

jayottsel
01-08-2016, 03:09 PM
Artn we getting MORE dlc gear in the Streets of London pack? If it ever comes out that is 0_0 It might have some more "balanced" gear, I just want the outfits theres a massive shortage compared to Unity.