PDA

View Full Version : Regular crash in JDU songs - Wii U

Shelke88
01-05-2016, 08:58 PM
Hi,

I've read this in so many threads now and now as I've started playing more JDU myself.. I experienced this like three times a day. When playing JDU songs my Wii U will freeze and make a "brrr"/ringing noise. Just as other people explained.

This happens randomly among the songs, no specific songs. I experience the freeze mostly during dancer selection menu, right before you start the song. I have three more friends with the exact same problem. This is happening to both the digital and disc version of the game.

JDU also appears laggy at times, the image quality is terrible in the start of songs.. loading menus is not very snappy either. Also exerienced the song catching up with the buffered data, so that you have to wait for the game to buffer more of the song before it continues.

No its not my connection.. I am alone on a 100/100Mbit connection with very low latency across Europe and there is zero pacakge drops on the connection.. A very stable and reliable connection..

About time Ubisoft recognizes this as a major problem? It's a service we are paying for.

I've earlier suggested Ubisoft letting us sync data and keep it on the console, instead of streaming it every time. And that in order to play the synced data, you need to be online at all times, to avoid any issues with legislation.. This will also save data traffic both ways and other problems mentioned above. Not sure if the freeze/crashing is related to connection issues.

And please don't just tell me to submit a support ticket, bring this up as a major issue instead.

Shelke88
01-07-2016, 09:15 PM
Ubisoft: Why are you replying to other posts, but not this one?

IronicEar979
01-07-2016, 10:11 PM
I noticed that too, but they posted a forum 4 hours before you posted that comment about maintenance being done to the game, so from what it looks like they're aware of the issue.

NeiL-KuN
01-15-2016, 07:19 PM
This is a problem with the save file, i had this problem and deleted the save file, and the freezing stopped.
My theory is something to do with the points....when you cant spend it anymore, you reach certain points and the freezing starts.

NeiL-KuN
01-23-2016, 06:11 AM
dont ignore us ubisoft, we need a patch.

Ubi-Elyon
01-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Hey guys,

We're so sorry to come back late with this reply. We've just forward this issue to the dev team and they are currently investigate on it.
We'll come back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience :)

Ubi-Elyon
01-26-2016, 01:52 PM
Hey guys,

Our game testers couldn't find properly this issue after playing many hours, some issue occurred for loading songs, buffering songs but it is related to network connection.

Could you please be more specific and provide more information about it?

IronicEar979
01-27-2016, 10:15 PM
I'd suggest making the game testers play every song (Both on track and Unlimited) along with every alternate mode/mashup. My guess has to do with scores, since when I first got an issue with the game, it was when I played a new song, and afterwards it froze before it could get to the scoring screen.

Basically in short, try to make the game testers play every song possible and get a score on it (It doesn't have to be 5 stars, it can be like 60 points or something) If the game freezes before the score screen is shown and all the songs haven't been played yet, that might be the problem.

Ubi-Elyon
02-02-2016, 11:52 AM
Hi IronicEar979!

Thank you for providing more info, we will refer to the devs and come back to you as soon as possible.

By the way, are still the others experiecing the issue?

guest-RA8GMBsv
02-06-2016, 06:36 PM
Can't use JDU with xbox. Songs stop with ubi server errors. Very frusterating. Seems like it has been going on for awhile without a fix??

laurieb42
02-15-2016, 10:25 PM
I'm experiencing this problem on the Wii U specifically with songs where I haven't unlocked the avatars yet. I've unlocked LOTS of avatars so far. As soon as I'm done with a song, the screen will freeze and make that brrrrrrrr noise and I have to force restart my Wii U. If I try the same song or any other song where I haven't unlocked the avatar, it happens.

This wasn't a problem even a few days ago, so I don't know what's new.

It happens with unlimited songs and a few of the mashup songs I haven't unlocked the avatars for. It doesn't happen for songs I've already unlocked the avatars for.

PS if that user's theory is right and it's because of points, I've already unlocked everything and I have over 278,000 points.

Ubi-Elyon
02-17-2016, 04:35 PM
I'm experiencing this problem on the Wii U specifically with songs where I haven't unlocked the avatars yet. I've unlocked LOTS of avatars so far. As soon as I'm done with a song, the screen will freeze and make that brrrrrrrr noise and I have to force restart my Wii U. If I try the same song or any other song where I haven't unlocked the avatar, it happens.

This wasn't a problem even a few days ago, so I don't know what's new.

It happens with unlimited songs and a few of the mashup songs I haven't unlocked the avatars for. It doesn't happen for songs I've already unlocked the avatars for.

PS if that user's theory is right and it's because of points, I've already unlocked everything and I have over 278,000 points.

Hi laurieb42,

Many thanks for your feedback, please note our developers are still investigating on this issue.
I will keep you guys updated, thank you for your patience.

rodjoh
02-17-2016, 08:39 PM
Hi laurieb42,

Many thanks for your feedback, please note our developers are still investigating on this issue.
I will keep you guys updated, thank you for your patience.

Facing this issue too. Glad it is being acknowledged.

Didnīt happen at all while playing offline when I first got the game.
Freezing started happening after started playing online with the JDU activated
Usually freezes at loading screen before or after a song, at random moments. I dont know what triggers it.
Usually happens with JDU songs tho recently it also happened with an ON DISC song.
Some people say it is related to save data going corrupt or something... I cant confirm if this is true but a patch should help fix that.
Also should mention that console does not overheat when this happens. It seems stricltly related to the game itself when it is connected to the servers.
There are times when the freezing happens very very often and others where it may not even happen once.

Ubisoft I will kindly ask you to priotize fixing this as Im not willing to pay for JDU if it is going to make my console freeze like that.
I'll try to record a video of this when it happens.

Ubi-Elyon
02-19-2016, 04:11 PM
Facing this issue too. Glad it is being acknowledged.

Didnīt happen at all while playing offline when I first got the game.
Freezing started happening after started playing online with the JDU activated
Usually freezes at loading screen before or after a song, at random moments. I dont know what triggers it.
Usually happens with JDU songs tho recently it also happened with an ON DISC song.
Some people say it is related to save data going corrupt or something... I cant confirm if this is true but a patch should help fix that.
Also should mention that console does not overheat when this happens. It seems stricltly related to the game itself when it is connected to the servers.
There are times when the freezing happens very very often and others where it may not even happen once.

Ubisoft I will kindly ask you to priotize fixing this as Im not willing to pay for JDU if it is going to make my console freeze like that.
I'll try to record a video of this when it happens.

Hi, many thanks for giving more details. These will help our team to find out more on this issue.
Please stay tuned on this topic for last updates :)

Ubi-Elyon
02-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Hi all,

Since the team is still working hard to find this issue, please send a ticket to our support (https://support.ubi.com/en-gb/) and a compensation plan will be provided to those who encouter this problem.
Thanks for your understanding :)

rodjoh
02-29-2016, 02:37 PM
Hi Ubi team.

Im not ready to say the problem is gone but at least in the last few sessions ive had no issues. I'll keep u posted.

Ubi-Elyon
03-01-2016, 05:42 PM
Hi Ubi team.

Im not ready to say the problem is gone but at least in the last few sessions ive had no issues. I'll keep u posted.

that's good, thanks for let us know!

BlakCake
03-06-2016, 07:56 PM
https://youtu.be/vAOqeAIojtA

rodjoh
03-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Hey there. I placed a ticket as recommended but that wasnt helpful at all. I even linked to this thread and they only told me generic garbage like "try disc in another console".. Cuz yeah i have a spare wii U just laying around.

Anyway i havent had a crash in a couple weeks now. Hopefully that means it is fixed. I'll keep watching.

IronicEar979
05-08-2016, 03:43 AM
Update: Slowly regaining avatars after there was """no fix""" to my glitch/the "tips" didn't work. Game froze again once as I was re-re-recollecting, but the progress is still saved and everything when I rebooted it.

The game is just very fragile tbh, it feels like if you go too fast somewhere the game will give up. (Not saying it does, but it feels like it is)

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me being paranoid but it always feels like I get a buffer whenever I play "Danse (Pop Version)". It might just be a coincidence that it feels like that or again, me being paranoid, so I'm not going to address it as an issue. (Update on this: I just ran it through and there was no buffer, so there's no issue. I said that cause the last time I played it I got a buffer and then I remember another time where I played it and on that time I also got a buffer)

Ubi-Elyon
05-09-2016, 10:12 AM
https://youtu.be/vAOqeAIojtA

Hello BlackCake,

Unfortunately the video is not available, this could be super helpful for our dev team to detect this issue. Could you try to upload it again?
Thanks
Elyon

IronicEar979
05-16-2016, 01:56 AM
(Replying back to bring the topic back up, since the issue is still around) I'm hoping the person responds, although seeing as it was posted 2 months ago, idk if they'll notice that they're getting notified on the topic of the issue.

Currently for me, I have 299% on my Dance Party bar and I haven't been able to play an Unlimited song without it buffering. I get that buffering could happen, but I highly doubt that it's suppose to happen every single time.

Rawrena
05-16-2016, 03:35 PM
Hi IronicEar979,

Thanks for the update. I have a few questions that will help our team troubleshoot and pinpoint this issue:

1. Can you try moving your current save from your Wii U to a flashdrive, and then play again with your flashdrive plugged into the Wii U and see if that helps?
2. Can you let us know your Dancer Card ID and your Nintendo ID?

Anyone else experiencing this issue that wants to give this a try as well, please do and let us know the results!

Thanks!

IronicEar979
05-18-2016, 11:47 AM
Answers to questions:
1. About 98% I play my save data from a Flashdrive, so the solution doesn't work only because I actually do play on my flashdrive :p. In terms of playing with a flashdrive, it's a bit difficult to explain since I tend to get mixed results when playing the game in general, although I don't think this has to do with the flashdrive since I've gotten similar experiences while playing on the Wii U's data. (There have been some days where it works fine, but there are other days where it buffers, freezes, or loads for a while. I've noticed that a few times the Unlimited catalog disappears whenever the game loads up (i.e. posts the purple landscape screen) longer than it normally does whenever I try to return back to the Dance Party Menu, but then it usually reappears shortly after I back out the menu and go back in it)
2. DanceGames and PWMWBot (I believe this is my ID and Nintendo ID, respectively)

Rawrena
05-18-2016, 03:00 PM
Thanks for the update. I'll pass this information along to the devs and will update when we have more information for you. If there are any other players experiencing this issue, please share that information with us as well!

Ubi-Elyon
05-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Answers to questions:
1. About 98% I play my save data from a Flashdrive, so the solution doesn't work only because I actually do play on my flashdrive :p. In terms of playing with a flashdrive, it's a bit difficult to explain since I tend to get mixed results when playing the game in general, although I don't think this has to do with the flashdrive since I've gotten similar experiences while playing on the Wii U's data. (There have been some days where it works fine, but there are other days where it buffers, freezes, or loads for a while. I've noticed that a few times the Unlimited catalog disappears whenever the game loads up (i.e. posts the purple landscape screen) longer than it normally does whenever I try to return back to the Dance Party Menu, but then it usually reappears shortly after I back out the menu and go back in it)
2. DanceGames and PWMWBot (I believe this is my ID and Nintendo ID, respectively)

Hi IronicEar979,

Thank you for providing these important details. Our team find out where the issue came from. :)
The crash issue in Just Dance 2016 in Wii U is mainly related to the high number of highscores in the savefile.
The only workaround to avoid the issue is to delete the savefile.

At the moment we cannot confirm a Title Update but we will keep you informed if any change will be made.

Hope this helped,
Elyon

IronicEar979
05-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the responses. I definitely hope that there's a Title Update for this game; I definitely would like to play all of the songs.

I will say though that since Thursday I was able to play the game with no issues whatsoever. The songs even loaded faster than normal.

Ubi-Elyon
05-23-2016, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the responses. I definitely hope that there's a Title Update for this game; I definitely would like to play all of the songs.

I will say though that since Thursday I was able to play the game with no issues whatsoever. The songs even loaded faster than normal.

That's good news, please keep us updated if the issue will come back.
Have a lovely day

kyle23emma
06-05-2016, 06:16 AM
How long will it take to have an update for the Wii U?

we are not asking for a favor, we just want what we paid for. Sorry to be so harsh, but I've been struggling with this freezing issue for 5 months more or less. Just Dance 2016 is the most played game on my Wii U. I am a loyal fan and I also have a JDU subscription for a full year. This thing happening to us is not fair!

Each time I play I get paranoid and worried that the game would crash on me at any moment. And after deleting my save file twice already and losing all my progress, it is not possible that you guys suggest that I have to delete the save file a third time to enjoy the game.

I'm not new to this issue, I made this thread a while ago: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1399735-Just-Dance-2016-freezing-continues-on-Wii-U

After deleting my save file twice, I have been following a pattern of possible things that I do that could trigger a freeze. I've realized that following these steps lead me nowhere as I'm experiencing the freezes again, and this time is really bad.

I noticed that last week I played a couple of songs and unlocked avatars for them, the next day I play those songs doesn't have a high score, and now the game would crash on me everytime I finish a song with no avatar or score. The WVC mode would also crash at the end of all the songs, when the score is displayed. The WVC is my favorite mode of the game and I can't play it now!!

I played today and the game crashed like 7 times!

I have more experiences, what else do you need to know? I also have a video I recorded a while ago, when my game would freeze at the home screen every time I booted it, of course that was before deleting the save file. I really want a fix for the Wii U. It's not fair that we are going through this!!

IronicEar979
06-10-2016, 09:44 PM
I also got a crash today. Everything is still here and stuff. But I remembered what I played and stuff before the crash.

Cercavo Amore
Then I played Cercavo Amore two more times, although I didn't complete them both of these times. (I paused and restarted it during the 2nd time, then paused and quit during the 3rd time)
Bang Bang
Better When I'm Dancin'
Turn Up the Love

And then I was about to play Promiscuous, but the crash happened during the Dancer Selection screen.

I'm not suggesting these specific songs caused the crash, but rather me playing a lot of songs during one session could of caused it.

Things I notice a lot when I play:
I hear a little click on my console a few times whenever I play this game. This doesn't happen with other games. For a while I thought it was me dancing too hard on the ground that it made a noise but I'm pretty sure it isn't because I still hear it when I'm not dancing. I specifically hear it every time I turn the console off.

IDK if this is true, but I wonder if scrolling in the menu too fast affects a crash or not. Same goes for picking a song and then going back to the menu quickly, and/or doing that a few times with either the same song or a combo of songs.

I'm tempted to wish to buy an Xbox One for this game to avoid all these crashes, but then again, regardless, I'd probably would buy one because I prefer hands-free dancing :p The crashes just adds more reason. (Although, my TV isn't HD so even if I did it'd be a bit useless)

Update: I played one song from Unlimited on JD2016 today and it lagged during the song. I decided after to stop playing and come back another time. I came back another time, played a different Unlimited song, and I still got lag during the song. I'm not sure if the resolved issue affected it or not but so far I've just gotten lag recently.

Update 2: Played more songs, tuned out fine, but there was a loud noise that occured after I was done playing one of the songs. I also debunked the 2nd thought I had where the console made a noise: I thought that noise only happened with 2016, but it seems to happen to other games too (I played Just Dance 4 and the same noise occurred when I finished so it might just be like the console doing something to turn itself off or something)

Cacahouto6
07-18-2016, 11:25 AM
Hi guys.
I have the same problem. I've paid a month for Just Dance Unlimited. I am able to choose the song, to dance it but as soon as it is score time, bye bye; the Wii U freezes and all I can do is to reboot the device. Of course, my score hasn't been saved and so I've paid for "nothing". :( I won't subscribe to this service anymore... Please, I need help

Rawrena
07-21-2016, 09:01 PM
Hi guys.
I have the same problem. I've paid a month for Just Dance Unlimited. I am able to choose the song, to dance it but as soon as it is score time, bye bye; the Wii U freezes and all I can do is to reboot the device. Of course, my score hasn't been saved and so I've paid for "nothing". :( I won't subscribe to this service anymore... Please, I need help

Hi Cacahouto6 - please see below for information:

Hi IronicEar979,

Thank you for providing these important details. Our team find out where the issue came from.
The crash issue in Just Dance 2016 in Wii U is mainly related to the high number of highscores in the savefile.
The only workaround to avoid the issue is to delete the savefile.

At the moment we cannot confirm a Title Update but we will keep you informed if any change will be made.

Hope this helped,
Elyon

BaraFun
08-07-2016, 11:38 AM
Still no solution, except deleting save files? I start to get my freezes today, just can't finish Quest mode, "beeep" and crush after 2nd or 3rd song :((((

BaraFun
08-07-2016, 12:22 PM
Now happens everywhere, when got new avatar, or high score, realy makes me upset, i paid for JDU, and now can't play, it's passed 2 months from last update on this tread, i guess it's enough time to fix that problem, ubisoft, not an EA who don't care about customers i guess? Guys who deleted save files please tell my what exactly i'm loosing and what keeps aftrer?

Andy-DancerStep
09-20-2016, 06:22 AM
Well my problem is i cant connected to Ubisoft server ii have a month with this problem, i pedding help to ubisoft support.

I hope to launch a patch for the wii u

robertokirby386
09-30-2016, 07:38 AM
Hi IronicEar979!

Thank you for providing more info, we will refer to the devs and come back to you as soon as possible.

By the way, are still the others experiecing the issue?

Hi Ubi-Elyon!

I have quite the same problem with my physical copy of Just Dance 2016 on Wii U too.

The game would froze/ crashed after playing a song from World Video Challenge or a Community Remix/ Free MashUp song.

I notice that every JD games I've owned for Wii U (2014, 2015, 2016) have the same problem. They would unexpectedly froze/ crashed after gaining a certain points or levels or after playing online modes for a long time.
Unfortunately, I have been reporting this issue to Ubisoft Support for each game mentioned above (and recently for JD2016) and the Support team's response was somewhat dissappointed: either I have to delete the game's save file or create a new Nintendo Network account or unlink Uplay app/ Ubisoft Club.

I hope this problem can be fixed before the launch of Just Dance 2017.

kyle23emma
10-02-2016, 12:13 AM
Just Dance 2016 is a lost cause for the Wii U, and it's pretty clear that Ubisoft support doesn't care about their customers. This is literally the worst game I own and it only belongs to the garbage. period!
I'm an expert when it comes to these freezes and I guarantee you that YOU WILL HAVE THE FREEZES IF YOU CONTINUE ADVANCING FURTHER ON THE GAME IF YOU HAVE JUST DANCE UNLIMITED

Having said that, there are some helpful, but in the end, useless advice, if you don't want to trigger the freezes earlier
- never pause on a song and choose retry or exit. Later on the game may crash.
- if you have a ubisoft servers error, reboot the game.
- don't leave on the middle of a WVC song while the gamepad is recording.
- Spend as much mojos as possible.
- Don't play dance quest, unlocking all the avatars will corrupt your save file faster.
- Sadly, don't try all the songs in the game, unlocking avatars will corrupt your game. (You must have unlimited tho, to unlock a ton of avatars)

The things listed above will help your game to last longer, before the 'permanent freeze' as I call it, triggers and by then you must say bye bye to all of your local progress. The permanent freeze will make your game crash everytime at the welcome screen or when you finish a song and the score is being displayed making the game unplayable unless you disconnect your console from the internet and only try local songs that have avatars unlocked already. But what's the fun in it, right?
In the end, the worst thing you can do is trying to beat the game and unlock everything, because that will actually make your save file as corrupt as possible.

What will you lose if you delete your save file? Well, the good thing is that you won't lose your JDU pass cuz it's tied to your NIID. You won't lose your Video Challenges or autodances. You will lose your local progress tho, such as all the avatars unlocked, alternates, mojo, local high scores, dancers profiles, and all % of the game, except for the UPlay actions achieved.

I'm gonna tell y'all a funny story about this. 2 weeks ago, I bring my Wii U to a friends house to have fun and dance a little. We chose Firework as our first song, but we weren't ready when the song started so I retried the song (at this point I don't care anymore of my own advices cuz I'm really tired and drained with everything that is happening with JD2016, I just lost care and hope for it) and guess what? the game crashed at the coach selection screen of another song.
I restarted the game, and we played another song and it would crash at the end of the song, not 1 but 3 times. At that point I knew I was getting 'the permanent freeze'. And I was really embarrassed that my friends had to see this, I had to tell them all the ordeal that I have to go through with this game, I noticed they were bothered by it a lot so I took the desision of deleting the save file in front of them so we could enjoy some JD in peace. I feel nothing at this point when losing my progress because I'm used to it. I already deleted my save file 5 times already, so thank you Ubisoft for that!