PDA

View Full Version : No Assassin's Creed in 2016. Complete Revamp in 2017 (Rumors)

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-05-2016, 07:35 AM
Greetings to my fellow Assassin members and friends.

Just thought I would drop by and let you guys know about this news. According to insider sources and from someone who works at Ubisoft, we won't be getting any new AC in 2016, instead Ubisoft is taking their time and will be completely revamping their series in 2017. It seems to be a new trilogy which may include - Rome, Greece and Egypt. I personally don't care about the places as long as they return to the 'Trilogy' format because it's been a while since the 'Ezio' trilogy and I would like to play a game with an Assassin whose story continues further than just one game. According to the rumor, Ubisoft was inspired by what 'The Witcher 3 was able to accomplish and want to bring back the Grandeurness of the original games (AC2 to Revelations).

I am happy with just any AC as long as the story is good. I expected more from Unity but I still enjoyed it. I have Syndicate but didn't start it yet - I heard it's good. So I really do want this series to come back in a grand way and break the mold.

What are your thoughts and opinion - how do you see this game in the coming years. Would love to hear from all members.

Sources: Neogaf (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=191191986#post191191986)
Sources: Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-04-assassins-creed-prequel-set-in-egypt-for-2017-report)

YazX_
01-05-2016, 11:53 AM
Sad news for me, i have read them yesterday and i was really sad if they are saying the truth, those are just rumors and the original source is kotaku, but if these rumors are true then i will feel disappointed in a way since i wait every year for AC, i mean this is good and great to take their time to perfect the next game, but they could've done that while releasing a game this year, i don't mind another game with the twins and it would be great actually, syndicate was fantastic to me and they could just carry on in:

India since in JTR dlc that takes place 20 years after the original story, its said they went to India hunting a new piece of eden

KittyRino
01-05-2016, 12:23 PM
No Assassin's Creed in 2016. Best news ever!

TR.Misterscruff
01-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Disappointed...but if it means they pull out all the stops for the next one I can live with it, but I look forward to my yearly fix of AC.

creedalien
01-05-2016, 07:04 PM
I don't understand why need to reboot the series, literally new ac games nothing to do with old ac games ac1-3 except the "bloody ugly present plot" they should just cut out or made something like in black flag was, just make an Egypt game with good plot twisted gameplot and NO ROMANCE at all. more similar cold character like original altair was in ac1 or more colder. and with REAL brotherhood like in ac1 was when you can feel you are a real master assassin and you are inside a brotherhood and with bigplace for the brotherhood like masyaf was. Ohh and mystical musics like in ac1 was by jesper kyd.. I always think ubisoft is rotted, ruined altair in ac2 by ALTAIr CODEX pages it was horrible...plus the psp game with that gameplot ughh.

strigoi1958
01-05-2016, 11:13 PM
Sad news for me, i have read them yesterday and i was really sad if they are saying the truth, those are just rumors and the original source is kotaku, but if these rumors are true then i will feel disappointed in a way since i wait every year for AC, i mean this is good and great to take their time to perfect the next game, but they could've done that while releasing a game this year, i don't mind another game with the twins and it would be great actually, syndicate was fantastic to me and they could just carry on in:

+1
my Summer to november is the build up to the AC release date, the forums come to life and the twitch streams and rumours keep me going... Syndicate has been brilliant and an extra episode would be special.

Ubi are on fire at the moment with lots of great games coming in 2016. I'll be enjoying them all but it will not stop me missing my AC fix :(

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-06-2016, 08:25 AM

India since in JTR dlc that takes place 20 years after the original story, its said they went to India hunting a new piece of eden

I feel you mate, I have been feeling like that since it became a yearly release. I always look forward to it thinking and hoping that the next new game will top the one that has been released. I really do want a game where the protagonists story is continued to at least 2 or 3 games. I haven't played it yet but I have heard nice reviews about it from the ones who have played the game. Thanks for your opinion.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Disappointed...but if it means they pull out all the stops for the next one I can live with it, but I look forward to my yearly fix of AC.

I am with you on what you said, I always look towards Nov-Dec for my AC games and it will be sad if they skip it this year but if skipping this year lets them make a more memorable game next year which I really do hope turns into a trilogy with the same protagonist, I am with them because I long for a long game spanning across multiple games with a single protagonist that we can warm up to.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-06-2016, 08:34 AM
I don't understand why need to reboot the series, literally new ac games nothing to do with old ac games ac1-3 except the "bloody ugly present plot" they should just cut out or made something like in black flag was, just make an Egypt game with good plot twisted gameplot and NO ROMANCE at all. more similar cold character like original altair was in ac1 or more colder. and with REAL brotherhood like in ac1 was when you can feel you are a real master assassin and you are inside a brotherhood and with bigplace for the brotherhood like masyaf was. Ohh and mystical musics like in ac1 was by jesper kyd.. I always think ubisoft is rotted, ruined altair in ac2 by ALTAIr CODEX pages it was horrible...plus the psp game with that gameplot ughh.

I agree partly with what you said, I don't mind a romance in the game as long as it is not pushed into it. As long as it feels normal and ties to the story in a nice way - I wouldn't mind it but I really do want an epic plot - Unity started up nicely with those pisspot scenes but gradually it came down instead of going up but I still liked it because I always need AC each year, If you look at the howlongtobeat site, AC2 had a longer playing time compared to newer games - I just want the story to spread out nicely and make the story build up nicely with at least 15-16 sequences with at least 6-7 missions in each sequence.

I don't know about the handheld games, as I haven't played them - so can't say about that,

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-06-2016, 08:38 AM
+1
my Summer to november is the build up to the AC release date, the forums come to life and the twitch streams and rumours keep me going... Syndicate has been brilliant and an extra episode would be special.

Ubi are on fire at the moment with lots of great games coming in 2016. I'll be enjoying them all but it will not stop me missing my AC fix :(

Yea too bad if the rumor is true and no AC doesn't exactly come out this year and I hope they make a grand return next year. However it seems we will be getting lots of awesome Ubi games this year including Watchdogs 2 - that will be nice. I liked the first one and I hope that they improve on the first one and that the story continues. I would love to see Aiden back in business again :D

Going4Quests
01-06-2016, 05:49 PM
You know you can just put multiple quotes in one post, right?

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-06-2016, 05:58 PM
You know you can just put multiple quotes in one post, right?

I do I just forgot to do it this time. Will keep watch in the coming posts.

Frag_Maniac
01-06-2016, 10:33 PM
Quite frankly I'm glad they're not just listening to the game-a-year types, and actually understanding that the CoD development method isn't working well enough.

Now if they'd just clarify that also means they're acknowledging they need more polish time, I'd be convinced they're back on the right track completely.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-07-2016, 07:42 AM
Quite frankly I'm glad they're not just listening to the game-a-year types, and actually understanding that the CoD development method isn't working well enough.

Now if they'd just clarify that also means they're acknowledging they need more polish time, I'd be convinced they're back on the right track completely.

Yea that is what I want - since there are no other games like these. I want this game to come back to the old days when people were excited about the name 'Assassins Creed'. They thought that rotating the game through various studios they would be able to keep up with the yearly AC formula. However if they do take their time to really make a game that puts them back in the spotlight I am with them.

jeffies04
01-07-2016, 08:20 PM
A new trilogy would be cool, but a new AC game has been making my holiday season that much more enjoyable for a few years now. Would sort of miss it.

Woeful_Wraith
01-07-2016, 09:01 PM
Let them use this time to make a new Prince of Persia game.

Riffnugget
01-08-2016, 06:18 AM
I don't know why everyone is going on about this 'no new Assassins Creed game in 2016' thing... its only a stupid rumor.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-08-2016, 07:09 AM
A new trilogy would be cool, but a new AC game has been making my holiday season that much more enjoyable for a few years now. Would sort of miss it.

I am with you on that boat my mate, it will be really sad this year without it. However we will be getting Watchdogs 2 xD SO yeah

Let them use this time to make a new Prince of Persia game.

Well this series started as being a successor to POP but I find AC more interesting lore and story wise. However a good POP game down the line would be good.

I don't know why everyone is going on about this 'no new Assassins Creed game in 2016' thing... its only a stupid rumor.

Well there are many things that were leaked before time like Unity and Syndicate. If you don't share the same enthusiasm as the rest of us in this discussion - I would rather have you not continue discussing with us. This thread is about what people think about the new concept, not trying to bash it down as a rumor. I hope you understand.

Frag_Maniac
01-09-2016, 12:07 AM
However if they do take their time to really make a game that puts them back in the spotlight I am with them.

Yeah the quick cash grab mentality tends to bite you in the butt eventually.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-10-2016, 06:46 AM
Yeah the quick cash grab mentality tends to bite you in the butt eventually.

Yea it really gets you, the only reason I still have a soft corner for this game is because there's no other game that we can go to which has the same mechanics and the same premises as this. That's why the only thing we can pray for is this thing gets it all together and show us that they learned from their mistake and that they are willing to listen and change.

Lignjoslav
01-11-2016, 01:34 PM
That's how the industry works, churn sequels while they sell, pull the plug when the sales stop. Quote:

"Assassin's Creed Unity damaged the franchise's selling power, according to Ubisoft head Yves Guillemot, who stated that 2015's Assassin's Creed Syndicate had suffered lower initial sales as fans waited to find out if the game suffered the same bugs as 2014's Unity."

Putting the series on the back burner is the expected step*. We might get a great title in 2017 (roumors promise a strong story, which was the central thing in the first two AC, but which the later sequels are mostly lacking) or Syndicate could be the last (AAA) AC.or we could see a reboot at some later date (how many times has Tomb Raider been rebooted?!). Fingers crossed that it's the option 1, although I sometimes wish tat they'd simply made a "simple" trilogy they.had originally envisioned, with three brilliant historic stories and one sci fi thriller linking them all together.

*I wonder if the decision was actually made long before considering how, by now, a hypothetical 2016 release should already be half way through the development cycle. Or perhaps the decision was made around the release of Syndicate and there is now a half finished AC out there somewhere that will never see the light of day?

YazX_
01-11-2016, 03:06 PM
That's how the industry works, churn sequels while they sell, pull the plug when the sales stop. Quote:

"Assassin's Creed Unity damaged the franchise's selling power, according to Ubisoft head Yves Guillemot, who stated that 2015's Assassin's Creed Syndicate had suffered lower initial sales as fans waited to find out if the game suffered the same bugs as 2014's Unity."

yah but according to Superdata, game sold approx 15M digital copies now, not sure how legit this info is, but lets assume it is, then i don't think they are connected, if i was a publisher/dev and one of the games' iterations didn't sell well then i will try to bounce on the next iteration by taking what works and ditch what doesn't work from feedback and previous games, then do that in my next one, and that's exactly what syndicate did and its a purely a fantastic game.

if the rumor is right (remember its still a rumor and speculation), then i think there is a total revamp for the story to build on it for the next upcoming years, i expect to have a MD protagonist like Desmond who will have a big role in the next games, and this is the only reason i can think of.

Lignjoslav
01-12-2016, 10:28 AM
I really hope you're right. A new AC with a strong modern day component... can we dare to dream? ;)

Frag_Maniac
01-12-2016, 10:03 PM
I know Ubi (and staff here) keep insisting ACS sales aren't a problem, but I see forum activity on both Steam AND Uplay practically stagnant compared to past titles, and esp compared to titles like MGSV.

MOST of the forum activity is complaints about the design or technical problems with the game, which is hardly a good sign.

I think it's also obvious that if things were really as good as we're being told, they wouldn't be indicating they're planning to completely revamp the series and go back to a trilogy with more dev time.

If "it ain't broke", there'd be no reason to fix it now would there? So please, stop with the insisting nothing's wrong. It's obvious denial that attempts to insult our intelligence with a facade.

Witcher.AZ-LAWZ
01-13-2016, 10:43 AM
There is obviously wrong, in fact a lot of wrong. As we got further and further into the game - I personally felt less attatched to the Assassins. We need to know them more, we need to spend more time with them - explore them. That sense of mystery from the early games were starting to fade and I am happy they pulled the brake when they did. They seriously need to get it all together - Create an awesome new segment in the games for the Modern part (I for one like them and how it connected the overall narrative) and I hope that by going back to a trilogy with a same assassin will really help the series get back in the game. Let's hope that this series bounces back, I dont want a reboot as early as now but I would like them to fix their problems and move forward while at the same time trying out new things.