PDA

View Full Version : 2017 AC Game A Total Revamp Set in Egypt

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RinoTheBouncer
01-04-2016, 12:41 PM
A developer working on the next Assassin’s game has posted the news on 4chan stating that there will be no Assassin’s Creed in 2016. So we shouldn’t be waiting for it next year at E3.Instead we will only see the next Assassin’s Creed release date happen in 2017 – and the kicker here is that it will be based in Egypt. This was the statement of the supposed dev:

"Egypt. There won’t be an AC in 2016. You may screencap this and refer to it when nothing is shown in E3 2016. You’ll have to wait until 2017 for it. The reason: It will be a complete revamp of the series. The game is going for a Witcher feel, with player progression, freeform combat system. Horse is back, and boats too. It s made by the Black Flag team."

You may leave any question you want answered.While 4Chan has been a notorious place when it comes to rumors, this one in particular doesn’t look as flavorful as the others. It in facts seems normal enough to be believable. However like any other rumor, we would take this supposed one year delay in the next Assassin’s Creed game release date with a grain of salt.

Source: http://www.autoomobile.com/news/assassins-creed-release-date-egypt-4chan/40023324/

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 12:46 PM
Egypt. There won’t be an AC in 2016. You may screencap this and refer to it when nothing is shown in E3 2016. You’ll have to wait until 2017 for it. The reason: It will be a complete revamp of the series. The game is going for a Witcher feel, with player progression, freeform combat system. Horse is back, and boats too. It s made by the Black Flag team.

If these things are true I would literally cry of joy :D!!! Finally we may get an AC that is of GOTY quality instead of the sorry state it's in now. AC should be a prestige franchise, nothing less!

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 12:52 PM
Witcher is known for it's respect to it's lore. so with that in mind and the fact we get egypt as the setting, we may get a ac game with tons of first civ lore and a very deep feel to it.if that's the case i gladly wait till 2017! Best rumour to come out in years for this franshise!

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Witcher is known for it's respect to it's lore. so with that in mind and the fact we get egypt as the setting, we may get a ac game with tons of first civ lore and a very deep feel to it.if that's the case i gladly wait till 2017! Best rumour to come out in years for this franshise!

Couldn't agree more! Hopefully it's not some evil troll playing with our feelings!

Also in before the-yearly-release-apologists start to lecture us about how the yearly releases are not harmful in anyway lol.

ze_topazio
01-04-2016, 12:58 PM
And then there's the rumor of a remastered collection being in the works, maybe to make up for the lack of a main game in 2016.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1354679-Ubisoft-Registers-assassinscreedcollection-com

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 01:02 PM
And then there's the rumor of a remastered collection being in the works, maybe to make up for the lack of a main game in 2016.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1354679-Ubisoft-Registers-assassinscreedcollection-com

In a way that would make sense in relation to the movie. A collectors edition with say a remasteres Ezio trilogy would be a natural starting point for newcomers. The reason I say Ezio trilogy is because I think that if a new fan in 2016 started with AC1 they would perhaps never touch the franchise again (doesn't mean I think it's bad, but it's not a very welcoming game imo). Also weren't there some rumours about an Ezio cameo in the movie?

The plot is thickening...

ze_topazio
01-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Yeah, there are rumors, they never said Ezio, but fans just assumed, since Ezio visited Spain around that time.

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 01:17 PM
I KNEW IT!

So uhh, I was in that thread. I've got some more info about this one.

- They are taking this year off. The reason for it is a complete revamp of the franchise. They are going for the Witcher (3) feel, meaning: Big focus on adventure and sense of discovery, also player progression. Horses and boats are back, developed by the Black Flag team.

- To be more specific, the setting is Ancient Egypt. One reason for that one is because they wanted a lot of freedom when it comes to story.

- This decision was made after Black Flag was done.

- Online is completely cut.

- The PoP reboot game, "Osiris" was scrapped but the technoglogy will be used.

- This AC is built completely from scratch. It's going to be the one with the least amount of recycling. Only very few animations will be recycled.

- You play as a slave or ex-slave. He's supposed to look a lot like Altair, but with darker skin. He's apparently someone who barely speaks. Dev team is considering making a trilogy with him, possibly going to ancient Greece and Rome too.

- The world is really colorful. Blue skies, lush vegetations, desert sequenes "where you get mirages"

- You get a pet eagle that you can control.

- PoP is dead, replaced by AC.

- Boats are only a side thing. No naval combat. More for navigation, and interior stuff for quests.

This one just adds more fuel : http://www.examiner.com/article/assassin-s-creed-4-director-ancient-egypt-could-be-a-really-cool-place coupled with the fact that he's been working on something for 2 years now.

This is the best rumour ever. Please be true.

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 01:27 PM
Big focus on adventure and sense of discovery

If they really mean that and understand what it entails (aka NOT flagging every single piece of content and attaching a laundry list to it. Allowing there to be some unique content most players migth miss. Having confidence in the player to figure some things out on his own (if not in the campaign, at least for side stuff)) it would be the best thing to happen to the franchise in a looong time.

They just have to fight the factory-made feel of past iterations with everything they got (I haven't even played them, but they still make me nauseas). Nothing is more important! Not even the core mechanics imo.

Edit: here's a link to the discussion if anyone is interested: https://archive.is/bwN7w

m4r-k7
01-04-2016, 01:30 PM
Holy crap please be true please please please

a year break + egypt + black flag team OMG

But the revamp thing sounds a bit weird seeing as Unity was the game that was meant to revamp the core mechanics.

A remastered collection for 2016 would be a great decision IMO if there isn't a main game.

EDIT: Wait if its by the black flag team, thats a 3 year development cycle - how is that any different to most past games - yes no game next year will be good for franchise fatigue, but will the 3 year time frame be any different to AC 3 or Unity for example? Hopefully it means Ubisoft are focusing more on it, rather than multiple games at once.

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Thought this was interesting, never realized that Ubi didn't own the PoP IP (sorry Kitty)

Forget Prince of Persia. It will never come back. The reason why AC exists at all is because PoP meant Ubi has to pay for license, since they don't own the IP. AC is Ubi's own IP, so merchandising and all that **** is theirs to keep. PoP is financially not worth it.

Also:

Does the team still ever talk about Patrice Désilets?

No

:D

And:

Not sure about FC, but it's about 3 times Black Flag. Unlike BF, you don't have to load cities. Everything is seameless.

Fianlly:

Ancient Egypt. They want the least amount of historical documentation to get freedom. The story is set before the Assassins and Templars even existed. This is basically a prequel to all ACs.

https://archive.is/bwN7w#selection-2357.0-2357.190

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Holy crap please be true please please please

a year break + egypt + black flag team OMG

But the revamp thing sounds a bit weird seeing as Unity was the game that was meant to revamp the core mechanics.

A remastered collection for 2016 would be a great decision IMO if there isn't a main game.

EDIT: Wait if its by the black flag team, thats a 3 year development cycle - how is that any different to most past games - yes no game next year will be good for franchise fatigue, but will the 3 year time frame be any different to AC 3 or Unity for example? Hopefully it means Ubisoft are focusing more on it, rather than multiple games at once.

It would be 3 and a half, close to 4.

m4r-k7
01-04-2016, 01:41 PM
It would be 3 and a half, close to 4.

Unity was more than 3 years and look how that turned out. But as its the Black Flag team I have faith.

Anyone remember this

http://digitalspyuk.cdnds.net/12/32/980x612/gallery_gaming_princeofpersia.jpg

And AC 4 (datafile)

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1951dqyxc2pbwjpg/ku-xlarge.jpg

This rumour definitely makes sense. I am really hoping its real.

MikeFNY
01-04-2016, 01:49 PM
Anyone remember this

:)

I was about to post it myself:
http://www.hngn.com/articles/22366/20140118/assassins-creed-5-rumors-setting-location-in-egypt-image-from-abstergo-email-chain-resembles-2012-leaked-game-still-photos.htm

Kuiperdolin
01-04-2016, 01:52 PM
I KNEW IT!

- You play as a slave or ex-slave. He's supposed to look a lot like Altair, but with darker skin. He's apparently someone who barely speaks. Dev team is considering making a trilogy with him, possibly going to ancient Greece and Rome too.

If they want to show any recognizable building in Rome that means Ptolemaic Egypt at the earliest). Even Classical Greece restricts it to the Late Period.

Too bad, earlier Egypt was a weirder, more unique place.

ze_topazio
01-04-2016, 01:52 PM
Reading the 4Chan thread, it doesn't sound very credible, there have been cases of devs leaking stuff there, but that guy sounds rather suspicious.

m4r-k7
01-04-2016, 01:54 PM
T

https://archive.is/bwN7w#selection-2357.0-2357.190

After reading this, the "Dev" sounds fake to be honest. The way he says you can ask questions if you want - no dev would say that surely?
This rumor is too good to be true IMO. I do think there may not be a game in 2016 but it seems like they have built the Unity engine for another 19th century game.

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 01:54 PM
If they want to show any recognizable building in Rome that means Ptolemaic Egypt at the earliest). Even Classical Greece restricts it to the Late Period.

Too bad, earlier Egypt was a weirder, more unique place.

There is nothing holding them back is there? They could jump back or forward however they want.

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 01:55 PM
Calling it now, pyramids Will hold a POE and or could be the final battle location.man this is such a good rumor. And to be fair i'm not bothered about no online because this rumor if true shows a game that is perfect On it's own without multiplayer. A setting way back in the past. First civ lore that probably Will be included alot in the game. Perfect setting for amazing setpieces. Devotion to ac lore as a whole (including MD). Yep that's what ac should have been from the start. I Will cry if it is fake :(

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 01:56 PM
After reading this, the "Dev" sounds fake to be honest. The way he says you can ask questions if you want - no dev would say that surely?

You'd be surprised. Many "devs" who leak to 4chan do this.

Kuiperdolin
01-04-2016, 01:57 PM
There is nothing holding them back is there? They could jump back or forward however they want.

Dev team is considering making a trilogy with him, possibly going to ancient Greece and Rome too.

So unless he's immortal or there are rifts shenanigans, yes, it would constrain them to a relatively recent ancient Egypt.

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Hmm, forgot about that part. Ah well!

joelsantos24
01-04-2016, 02:12 PM
I've never been so pleased with an AC rumor, as I have been with this one and the prospect of the entire series being ported soon to the new generation.

Ancient Egypt in AC. Glorious, just glorious.

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 02:24 PM
This rumor is too good to be true IMO. I do think there may not be a game in 2016 but it seems like they have built the Unity engine for another 19th century game.

Edit: missunderstood what you said, carry on :)

pacmanate
01-04-2016, 02:28 PM
The 2 things I want most. No AC game in 2016 and an Egypt game in 2017... please be true.

Also I hate when the devs say "total revamp", how many of those have we had already, ha.

I still stay by my theory of the movie replacing a game this year in terms of money revenue so it can go towards a 2017's game budget or something though. Also I really want to get out of the West and Egypt is something I dream sexually about.

Can you imagine the sandstorms? Using them as cover to kill targets? Perhaps having the protagonist lift up a scarf over his/her face?
Being able to climb pyramids with first civ tombs under them?
More brutal hand to hand combat, short blade returning, more concealed weapons/no guns?
Using your horses to travel the wide terrain, sand kicking up as you ride.
Sandstone buildings to free run across

Its my only dream!

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 02:37 PM
Remember this?

http://images.eurogamer.net/2013/articles/1/6/2/3/8/0/1/138154139308.jpg

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 02:45 PM
The 2 things I want most. No AC game in 2016 and an Egypt game in 2017... please be true.

Also I hate when the devs say "total revamp", how many of those have we had already, ha.

I still stay by my theory of the movie replacing a game this year in terms of money revenue so it can go towards a 2017's game budget or something though. Also I really want to get out of the West and Egypt is something I dream sexually about.

Can you imagine the sandstorms? Using them as cover to kill targets? Perhaps having the protagonist lift up a scarf over his/her face?
More brutal hand to hand combat, short blade returning, more concealed weapons/no guns?

Its my only dream!

you sir need to aply to ubisoft and make that happen ! but 4chan as a source ? i don't know people,not the best site for true rumours.but man this possible ac game would be instant number 1 of the franshise.so much potential and options.this brings me back to the "i met a guy on a plane" thread but with way more exiting stuff and a overall better rumour.acient egypt needs to happen.i,m a little tired of the semi modern settings we have in the recent games.is it because of the engine? and for some reason i always thought that ac would become imensly better after the movie is released. like that's when they kick this off like never before.

dimbismp
01-04-2016, 02:51 PM
Omg omg omg!!!

Well...dunno.Seems too good to be true.This could easily be fake.Here are some reasons:
-The guy says that
A)The game is set in a period with little historical knowledge(so i guess 3000-2000 BC)
B)But they also plan to make a trilogy with the same protagonist,set in ancient Greece and Rome(which flourished many many years later)

This is basically saying that Altair would be a protagonist in ACS.

-Another revamp?I highly doubt that they created the Unity engine for just 2 games.We may get another game in 2016,and maybe get a revamp in 2017.

-Some things seem fake.For example,he says that they created a new naval system,but boats will actually be used only for transportation.

Anyway,i am not writing this off,it may be real.

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 03:16 PM
Omg omg omg!!!

Well...dunno.Seems too good to be true.This could easily be fake.Here are some reasons:
-The guy says that
[QUOTE]A)The game is set in a period with little historical knowledge(so i guess 3000-2000 BC)

the source said that they picked that period to give them more freedom in story telling.maybe a lore based story that goes deeper then seen before.(really hope this is one of the reasons)

B)But they also plan to make a trilogy with the same protagonist,set in ancient Greece and Rome(which flourished many many years later)

this will sound far fetched and only something a select few would want but i think there is a time based POE hidden away in a secret location in the MD.maybe we will see it's introduction that way?would be very interesting to have that as a reason for a new time period but with the same protag. i know sounds far fetched but i'm really invested in the lore.no disrespect for the people who are not though.

-Another revamp?I highly doubt that they created the Unity engine for just 2 games.We may get another game in 2016,and maybe get a revamp in 2017.

i must admit that that does put me off aswell but then again they said that revamp thing before unity aswell.

-Some things seem fake.For example,he says that they created a new naval system,but boats will actually be used only for transportation.

hmmm i don't know maybe mini game or some "unfortunate" encounters during that transportion?

MikeFNY
01-04-2016, 03:39 PM
What better time to say "I want to believe".

Let's hope this is true :)

kosmoscreed
01-04-2016, 03:44 PM
I find hard to believe the Ubisoft PR machine will let pass the opportunity of having a movie+game in the same year. And I don't think the rumored HD Collection will make the numbers Ubisoft needs every year. We will see.

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 03:45 PM
All that AC fans want is for Ubi to come out and say that there won't be a game this year lol. AC fandom is weird :rolleyes:.

Locopells
01-04-2016, 03:51 PM
Every feel like you're sailing a sieve? :cool:

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 03:55 PM
All that AC fans want is for Ubi to come out and say that there won't be a game this year lol. AC fandom is weird :rolleyes:.
i'm on the fence about that,like if there is a game this year then i'm afraid it will function as a tie in to the movie and that's it.meaning same setting,period and characters the movie will have.
on the other hand i want to have my main ac fix this year aswell but a playable one.(if that even makes sense).but if then yet again the rumour is true then i gladly want to have a year without ac because of the masterpiece of a rumour we have now.it's a double edged sword for me.i don't even know if the movie will grap me as much as the games do,i'm a little afraid of the movie in the sense that it might not be what we want it to be.i will watch the movie yes but i will not be surprised if doesn't live up to it's name.i'ts a weird time to be a fan now.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Sounds like a good game, but I'm not sure why they'd need to cancel AC 2016 to do this.

Jolterx
01-04-2016, 04:01 PM
These things are called rumors for a reason. Sorry but I honestly don't believe Ubisoft is going to take a year off releasing one of its most popular franchises. Besides, I'm not really interested if there's no multiplayer.

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 04:14 PM
These things are called rumors for a reason. Sorry but I honestly don't believe Ubisoft is going to take a year off releasing one of its most popular franchises. Besides, I'm not really interested if there's no multiplayer.

i heard this multiplayer talk from people before and no disrespect in any shape or form but saying to not be intrested in ac because it lacks multiplayer is kind of a bolt statement. i mean to me it sounds like you would mostly play ac for it's multiplayer meaning that you (and i am very sorry if i offend you or anyone else by saying this)are missing out of the whole idea of what ac is. i mean everyone has his/her gaming prefferences but you can not play ac for it's multiplayer only.i mean just try syndicate it's a great ac game that has no multiplayer.i don't think you will be dissapointed.

rant over folks.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 04:48 PM
i heard this multiplayer talk from people before and no disrespect in any shape or form but saying to not be intrested in ac because it lacks multiplayer is kind of a bolt statement. i mean to me it sounds like you would mostly play ac for it's multiplayer meaning that you (and i am very sorry if i offend you or anyone else by saying this)are missing out of the whole idea of what ac is. i mean everyone has his/her gaming prefferences but you can not play ac for it's multiplayer only.i mean just try syndicate it's a great ac game that has no multiplayer.i don't think you will be dissapointed.

rant over folks.

Yeah, having your interest hinge on multiplayer in a series that's been traditionally almost exclusively single player with a few multiplayer diversions is pretty ridiculous. It's like saying that you buy Pokemon Stadium for the minigames- sure, it's a feature, but it's more of a bonus thing really.

ERICATHERINE
01-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Fianlly:

What was written in your finnaly sounds like a big lie. The very first Templar ever was Cain and his brother was the very first Assassin ever. That's what ubisoft revealed in the Clay part of ac ii (unless it was ac b).

dxsxhxcx
01-04-2016, 05:37 PM
It's just too good to be true, I can't help but think about AC3 and how easy this game (if real) can fail by not delivering what it promises...

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Jason Schreier:

Trying to find out more but there's definitely at least some truth to this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191194460&postcount=147

If the setting is Egypt what the rumour says about the boat seems reasonable imo. Use it to navigate the Nile, but not to fight. I actually thought that part made it slightly more credible.

What was written in your finnaly sounds like a big lie. The very first Templar ever was Cain and his brother was the very first Assassin ever. That's what ubisoft revealed in the Clay part of ac ii (unless it was ac b).

Maybe he meant the orders weren't formally founded? I dunno I'm no expert of the lore. If false that is a problem for the creditibility ofc (wanttobelieve).

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 05:40 PM

Hmmm, not quite. The Templar and Assassin orders started around the same time- in their current-ish form, around the Crusades, though they technically existed before that in one way or another. Cain and Abel were of Adam and Eve's line, therefore technically both were genetically what we'd refer to as "Assassins"- genetically First Civ/human hybrids. However, Cain's lust for the power of the Apple typically makes him seem more Templar, and Abel's attempt to keep him from it makes him a sort of first Assassin.

Cain was branded with the "Mark of Cain" for killing his brother- a mark that would eventually be adopted by the Templars as their cross.

So, what I think sushi means is that the orders weren't around yet. After all, the ideologies- the different paths of intended (yet potentially corrupted) altruism- are arguably inherent in humanity itself- maybe even life in general.

edit: Whoops, Sushi beat me to it.

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 05:43 PM
Hmmm, not quite. The Templar and Assassin orders started around the same time- in their current-ish form, around the Crusades, though they technically existed before that in one way or another. Cain and Abel were of Adam and Eve's line, therefore technically both were genetically what we'd refer to as "Assassins"- genetically First Civ/human hybrids. However, Cain's lust for the power of the Apple typically makes him seem more Templar, and Abel's attempt to keep him from it makes him a sort of first Assassin.

Cain was branded with the "Mark of Cain" for killing his brother- a mark that would eventually be adopted by the Templars as their cross.

So, what I think sushi means is that the orders weren't around yet. After all, the ideologies- the different paths of intended (yet potentially corrupted) altruism- are arguably inherent in humanity itself- maybe even life in general.

edit: Whoops, Sushi beat me to it.

Didn't beat you at all, completely lack your AC scholarship ;)! I was just guessing, thanks for clarifying!

Btw I didn't mean anything I was just quoting the (potential) leaker.

m4r-k7
01-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Jason Schreier:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191194460&postcount=147

Looking at this thread and there is Schreier and this Nirolak guy who may know stuff :) I think he works for Kotaku

"We had some mail-ins from juniors asking if it was okay to post rumors about the setting being in Egypt a few months back despite them not having publicly showable evidence.

I think I said yes (we don't exactly use the setting vetting process as Kotaku given our nature), but I'm not sure there was a follow-up."

ERICATHERINE
01-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Btw I didn't mean anything I was just quoting the (potential) leaker.

Yeah, I know. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I meant what the potential leaker said too. XD

crusader_prophet
01-04-2016, 05:53 PM
And who called it first!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1307845-Hypothesis-No-AC-Main-Entry-Game-in-2016?referrerid=1604677

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 05:58 PM
Looking at this thread and there is Schreier and this Nirolak guy who may know stuff :) I think he works for Kotaku

"We had some mail-ins from juniors asking if it was okay to post rumors about the setting being in Egypt a few months back despite them not having publicly showable evidence.

I think I said yes (we don't exactly use the setting vetting process as Kotaku given our nature), but I'm not sure there was a follow-up."

There's something going on. Perhaps the evidence will mount in the coming days/weeks? Oh what an exciting time to be alive, speculating about a videogame that may release like one and a half years from now lol!

Yeah, I know. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I meant what the potential leaker said too. XD

No worries :)

And who called it first!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1307845-Hypothesis-No-AC-Main-Entry-Game-in-2016?referrerid=1604677

Lol at the clueless idiot at the bottom :D! You win Crusader, you win (if the rumor turns out to be true, otherwise I will repost that thread mwahahahah)

m4r-k7
01-04-2016, 06:01 PM
There's something going on. Perhaps the evidence will mount in the coming days/weeks? Oh what an exciting time to be alive, speculating about a videogame that may release like one and a half years from now lol!

Haha if this is true and was confirmed, I wouldn't even care waiting another 2 years for it!

crusader_prophet
01-04-2016, 06:01 PM
Lol at the clueless idiot at the bottom :D! You win Crusader, you win (if the rumor turns out to be true, otherwise I will repost that thread mwahahahah)

jajaja i'll repost that myself just to get a kick out of it if it turns out to be false...

Sushiglutton
01-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Haha if this is true and was confirmed, I wouldn't even care waiting another 2 years for it!

Couldn't agree more!

Schreier: "Ancient Egypt and Rome is what I heard, but that was months ago. Pretty sure this 4chan poster is for real. What I'm curious about is whether they'll legitimately skip this year or do a filler game of some sort alongside the movie."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191203958&postcount=364

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 06:15 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1361324-Is-it-the-perfect-time-to-stop-the-annual-release-cycle

C-can I attend ur party prophet pls

ERICATHERINE
01-04-2016, 06:16 PM
If the rumor about the remakes of the old ac games are true, I might be repeating myself on some thing, but here is what would make it the best remake. It would be a box with all the things I would name.
Assassin's creed 1 (with all new trophies systeme)
Assassin's creed bloodlines (new trophies aswell)
Assassin's creed lineage
Assassin's creed ii (with all it's dlc)
Assassin's creed brotherhood (with all it's dlc)
Assassin's creed ascendence
Assassin's creed revelations (with all it's dlc)
Assassin's creed embers
Assassin's creed iii (with all it's dlc)
Assassin's creed liberation hd (yes I know it's already a remake, but the latest version is not on ps4)
Assassin's creed rogue
All these game would be on ps4 and would come with the video I named.

As for the 2017 game (if it realy is true) I just hope we will be able to control a md character just like we were able to control Desmond. So, in third person and we really fight with that character, may it be Galina, an initiates or anybody else. I mean, yes, I liked the md of ac s, but I'm sure it would have been way better if we would have controled Galina or someone else. Like it is now we don't control the md at all.

^-^

dimbismp
01-04-2016, 06:25 PM
Couldn't agree more!

Schreier: "Ancient Egypt and Rome is what I heard, but that was months ago. Pretty sure this 4chan poster is for real. What I'm curious about is whether they'll legitimately skip this year or do a filler game of some sort alongside the movie."

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=191203958&postcount=364

Holy Christ!!It's real!

GET HYPE!!

AC Egypt is less than 650 days away!Lol :P

Holy Christ!!It's real!

GET HYPE!!

AC Egypt is less than 650 days away!Lol :P

Anyway,this must be true,but still,why would they skip 2016?

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 06:41 PM
I think they want to return with a bang. Like, a really BIG bang. They need that one extra year it seems.

I don't even care about the reason anymore. I'm just so happy that this is happening, but I'm also happy that it's coupled with a 1 year break.

Best AC leak of all time.

BananaBlighter
01-04-2016, 06:49 PM
Seems interesting, and if true this could be very great indeed. Honestly though I don't trust the guy. I'm just wondering about the gameplay though.

He says it'll have better progression, though I'm not so sure if I want this. I mean, I hate skill trees really. IMO Unity's progression was better than Syndicate's, mostly thanks to its customization options. My favourite was AC1, where we slowly learned new skills that had context and were unlocked through missions. In progression though, I think it's important to have choices in the abilities you unlock, so what I'd like is a set of side missions that each unlock a new skill. When I say skill I mean 'unique ability', so not stat boosts, those should be linked to the gear you wear. This could've and should've been done with something like the gang upgrades in Syndicate.

When I picture this slave in my head I imagine him wearing something similar to Ade's outfit (I mean, he is an escaped slave after all), with bare arms, open chest, and carrying no weapons but his hidden blade (if this is late Ancient Egypt I would assume hidden blades existed?). In combat he would rely on stealing enemies' weapons and using them against them, that way he can interact with the crowd like a normal civilian which could really allow for some development in social stealth.

Its my only dream!

I agree, this really could be awesome. Those descriptions really excite me.

I hope we get that urge to explore the beautiful landscape before us. I hope that the story brings back the dark tone and mystery we've been missing. And most of all I hope that parkour isn't downgraded with what I think would now be a lack of architecture.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 07:03 PM

Honestly, I wouldn't mind a filler game to placate the masses like me- something like Rogue, maybe, that gives a lot of fanservice.

If they're looking to release something big in 2017 to really reboot the franchise, I wouldn't mind having a 2017 game that ties up a lot of loose ends from the previous games. Maybe that Napoleonic Arno game (could be a lead-in to Egypt, as well), or the Shay/Arno/Connor extravaganza that people seem to want. Something to really send off the series so far, so that this new stuff can pay homage to it but not feel intrusive.

lothario-da-be
01-04-2016, 07:13 PM
I haven't been so excited for AC since the release of ac3, and it turned out I shouldn't have been so excited back then.
Ugh trying to not be hyped.

ze_topazio
01-04-2016, 07:30 PM
So now we have that credible guy from Neogaf confirming this, it's real.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0frghs44o1qd9yqc.gif

Like many I'm not convinced there's not going to be nothing this year, maybe a DLC sized tie-in game for the movie, maybe they are finally remaking AC2 Discovery, who knows.

If the rumor about the remakes of the old ac games are true, I might be repeating myself on some thing, but here is what would make it the best remake. It would be a box with all the things I would name.
Assassin's creed 1 (with all new trophies systeme)
Assassin's creed bloodlines (new trophies aswell)
Assassin's creed lineage
Assassin's creed ii (with all it's dlc)
Assassin's creed brotherhood (with all it's dlc)
Assassin's creed ascendence
Assassin's creed revelations (with all it's dlc)
Assassin's creed embers
Assassin's creed iii (with all it's dlc)
Assassin's creed liberation hd (yes I know it's already a remake, but the latest version is not on ps4)
Assassin's creed rogue
All these game would be on ps4 and would come with the video I named.

As for the 2017 game (if it realy is true) I just hope we will be able to control a md character just like we were able to control Desmond. So, in third person and we really fight with that character, may it be Galina, an initiates or anybody else. I mean, yes, I liked the md of ac s, but I'm sure it would have been way better if we would have controled Galina or someone else. Like it is now we don't control the md at all.

^-^

Anything less than all of them running at 60fps and it will be a disappointment, freeroaming for AC1 and the ability to skip those convos with Al Mualim, chapter select for AC2 and if they could downgrade the color filters from AC2 and B would be nice, better menus for AC3, if they could add a cameo of sorts for Shay in AC3 for continuity reasons would be nice.

The ports should all be based on visual superior PC version.

A "play only the historical story" mode would be nice for when one wants just to play the historical games in chronological order with no interruptions from the modern day.

I had other ideas but can't remember them right now.

Where did you find this?

Top pic is from "Osiris" a canceled game Ubisoft work on for some time, bottom picture was included in AC4 as a joke(or maybe not) since the "Osiris" canceled game was leaked not long before the release of AC4 and people thought it could be an AC game.

Locopells
01-04-2016, 07:33 PM
Flippin' heck, I'm away for a few hours and suddenly I'm on damage control...

Remind me, who was it who had the thread call for predictions of when the next game would leak?!

HDinHB
01-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Flippin' heck, I'm away for a few hours and suddenly I'm on damage control...

Remind me, who was it who had the thread call for predictions of when the next game would leak?!

Sooo...you're confirming this is a leak and not a baseless rumor? :rolleyes:

Nerdman3000
01-04-2016, 07:41 PM
This rumor sounds great! It's also makes sense to me as what they would do if they want to go back to Ancient Times. I assume, if true, we'll great Ancient Egypt in 2017, Ancient Greece in 2018, and Ancient Rome in 2019. I'm curious what he meant by his statement about the protagonist for all three games. Unless the character is some kind of sage or undying surviving First Civ member, then perhaps he meant the family bloodline will appear in all three games, like the Kenways.

D51-ClaudioACSy
01-04-2016, 07:47 PM

I don't :( I'm terribly sad about this rumor:( I hope so much it's not true.

Even if I think the movie will be awesome, not releasing a game will be a huge hurt for me :( especially after the greatest game that Syndicate is. For me the revamp is already there !!!

AsimovVerne
01-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Assasin's Creed in Ancient Egypt is a dream come true for me! :D Hope this rumor is for real. Only one thing: please Ubisoft, if you're really making it, bring back Jesper Kyd to do the ambiental music for it; his soundtrack for AC II is a masterpiece and remains the best of the Assasin's Creed Universe.

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 07:53 PM
This rumor sounds great! It's also makes sense to me as what they would do if they want to go back to Ancient Times. I assume, if true, we'll great Ancient Egypt in 2017, Ancient Greece in 2018, and Ancient Rome in 2019. I'm curious what he meant by his statement about the protagonist for all three games. Unless the character is some kind of sage or undying surviving First Civ member
considering the setting we get i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.would be the perfect oppertunity to do something really intresting and deep with the first civ lore.and let's not forget a perfect moment to have juno's story evolve aswell!

D51-ClaudioACSy
01-04-2016, 08:09 PM
i'm still not sold on this rumour but if it's true I'll be glad. I think I and many fans feels they need a break from AC and they need to regroup to figure out how to put life into a franchise that has gone a bit stale of late.

I don't need a break, especially after Syndicate !!! I would probably accept it after Unity but not now:(. My hope was to have a game before the movie, a game that makes a link with it.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 08:14 PM

That would be me.

Looks like 6 people (15% of guessers) ended up getting it right- provided that this is accurate.

Then again, the official thread was technically titled "When Will AC 2016 Leak"... so, if we don't get a game this year then 5 people (12.50%) were correct.

Here's the thread for reference: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1315747-When-Will-AC-2016-Leak?highlight=leak

NAVID4ASSASSIN
01-04-2016, 08:19 PM
not sure if the one year break will do any good to increase the quality of the game, as unity was almost 5 years in development, but meh, not excited at all, im 100 percent sure its not true but if it is then im not interested even a bit, just have a hooded outfit, maybe something similar to adwale robes that i really like, and make it a trilogy atleast, nothing more that i want, but all of this not playing ur favourite game for a year that makes everyone crying in joy, is sadly ridiculous. have fun u got what u wanted, be happy with ur witcher clone,:(

harsab
01-04-2016, 08:20 PM
HOLY **** ITS TRUE

http://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 08:21 PM
not sure if the one year break will do any good to increase the quality of the game, as unity was almost 5 years in development, but meh, not excited at all, im 100 percent sure its not true but if it is then im not interested even a bit, just have a hooded outfit, maybe something similar to adwale robes that i really like, and make it a trilogy atleast, nothing more that i want, but all of this not playing ur favourite game for a year that makes everyone crying in joy, is sadly ridiculous. have fun u got what u wanted, be happy with ur witcher clone,:(

And that is why we can't have nice things. Some people will never be happy.

HOLY **** ITS TRUE

http://kotaku.com/sources-next-big-assassins-creed-set-in-egypt-skippin-1750937895

It's starting to seem that way- but I treat what Kotaku says with a grain of salt.

harsab
01-04-2016, 08:23 PM
So it's called

''Empire''

INTERESTING!

Sorrosyss
01-04-2016, 08:26 PM
Mmm. Interesting.

Like many people, I predicted that the 2015 game would be Egypt, and we ended up with London. There are a lot of story threads around it, but some of that was contained in the 1800s, not ancient times. That being said, there are a lot of interesting First Civilization connections. Osiris was supposedly an Isu, we have the Ankh which keeps popping up, and the pyramids are just screaming out for hidden tombs to explore. Let's face it too, there was no way they were going to just abandon all those assets for the cancelled Osiris game.

Given the film's release this coming December, I was pretty convinced that they would not want to miss out on the commercial prowess of a tie in game. Given that Ubisoft recently registered a new web address (assassins creed collection), it now kind of makes sense to release a remaster for current gen consoles. Any new, or younger fans who watch the film may never have had a PS3 or Xbox360, so to offer the older games as a complete package to the current gen would make a viable choice. In this I can totally see how skipping a year could work.

However, this is a rumour. Some points going against the source, would of course be where it was posted. Stating that ancient Egypt was prior to the formation of the Assassins and Templars is worrisome, as we know the two have been around since the time of the Isu - hell, the Instruments basically spell out that Juno formed the Templars before her imprisonment.

The supposed absence of multiplayer is odd too. Yves stated in May 2015 that they were working on something multiplayer, and one of the Chinese studios hinted at the same last month. Getting mixed messages here. I suppose one possibility is if they are doing a new multiplayer mode to go with the new remaster collection. After all, you have multiple multiplayer modes across several of the older titles. Combining them to a single new persistent platform would enable players to continue playing into 2017, and allow it to have its own content stream away from the main 2017 release. In this regard, the rumour could still be completely true.

Interesting days ahead. I do hope they continue to allow dual protagonists though. A lot of new female fans came aboard thanks to Evie and Syndicate, and it would be nice to have a similar approach going forwards to appease everyone.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 08:27 PM
So it's called

''Empire''

INTERESTING!

Yeah, sounds interesting, but it could be a working title. Remember, this time last year we thought AC 2015 would be called "Victory".

On the other hand, it could be why there are conflicting reports that the game might take place in Rome. Perhaps Egypt is not the game's only setting, but one of many- maybe it spans various locations throughout the Roman Empire, and beyond.

ERICATHERINE
01-04-2016, 08:29 PM
considering the setting we get i wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.would be the perfect oppertunity to do something really intresting and deep with the first civ lore.and let's not forget a perfect moment to have juno's story evolve aswell!

Not only that. Remember Desmond son being a sage. Maybe someone will make him relive the memorys of sages. Technicaly that kidd would not only have the memories of it's mother and Desmond. It would have the memorys of Aita and all the sage before him. So if we realy are a sage in the past, we could very well be Desmond son in the md. ^-^

NAVID4ASSASSIN
01-04-2016, 08:32 PM
hey cawa, how u doin? im so sad, wow this was the worst leak for me, but if its true then what about that china or japanese building picture that was in black flag? u know every single location in that picture have been explored just china remains.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 08:35 PM
hey cawa, how u doin? im so sad, wow this was the worst leak for me, but if its true then what about that china or japanese building picture that was in black flag? u know every single location in that picture have been explored just china remains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWs6pIOT1o8

I mean, I'd rather see a more fleshed out China too, but we technically did get one...

ERICATHERINE
01-04-2016, 08:41 PM
Yeah, sounds interesting, but it could be a working title. Remember, this time last year we thought AC 2015 would be called "Victory".

On the other hand, it could be why there are conflicting reports that the game might take place in Rome. Perhaps Egypt is not the game's only setting, but one of many- maybe it spans various locations throughout the Roman Empire, and beyond.

Or maybe not. Remember of ac rogue code name. It was "Comet" and there was absolutely no viewing or mention of a comet. Personnaly, I don't even remember earing anything about space. ^-^'

crusader_prophet
01-04-2016, 08:42 PM
So glad for the much needed break for getting back on track for the franchise. Thank you UbiSoft. Sometimes we all need to take few steps back for a big leap forward. I wish you all the best on your efforts and I am the one at least will be looking forward to a great game. And oh, do not hesitate to take more time if needed to make the game that fits your vision of greatness. So a big THANK YOU and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Or maybe not. Remember of ac rogue code name. It was "Comet" and there was absolutely no viewing or mention of a comet. Personnaly, I don't even remember earing anything about space. ^-^'

Ah, but remember that silly song about Comet cleaning product that many of us sang as children? ♫♫ "Comet, it makes your teeth turn green! Comet, it tastes like gasoline. Comet, it makes you vomit, so drink some Comet and vomit, today!" ♫♫

Clearly, they were referencing the line about gasoline, since you could spread burning oil from the back of your ship in Rogue.

Totally not reaching for that one at all :rolleyes:

BananaBlighter
01-04-2016, 08:55 PM
Especially with the gap and everything THIS is going to build the hype. I honestly believe that this time we'll get something inspirational, though I can't shrug off the thought that it could again disappoint despite the extra time.

Nerdman3000
01-04-2016, 08:58 PM
Since this rumor may in fact be true, and the possibility exists that's next years game set in Ancient Egypt may also have a sequel set in Ancient Rome releasing possibly in 2019, I would like to say I hope they set that Ancient Rome game specifically around the time Rome went from a Republic and became an Empire, meaning I want to see Julius Caesar, Cleopatra, and Mark Antony.

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 08:59 PM
THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST INTRESTING AC LEAK AND GAME TO EVER POSSIBLY HAPPEN.PERFECT SETTING,PERFECT PERIOD,TONS OF POSSIBLE LORE AND POSSIBLE GREAT MD.

a true ac feeling. no revolution as the backdrop but a deeper lore based story.assassin's vs templar in middle of a greater danger.

this is how you get back to your roots! mistery and darkness,hidden powers and secret beings.deeper meanings and bigger dangers.

exploration of a great setting that has a secret dating back 75.000BC.

the perfect game for juno to unleash her story forward like never seen before.

if this is true (and it seems it is) then my body,soul and heart are ready.

Assassin_M
01-04-2016, 09:07 PM
I wont comment on the rumor, but that doesn't sound like a game dev.

Locopells
01-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Sooo...you're confirming this is a leak and not a baseless rumor? :rolleyes:

Woah there, hold your horses buddy, I'm not saying anything that's gonna get me in trouble...

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/04/ubisoft-releases-official-statement-on-assassins-creed-rumors/

:cool:

BananaBlighter
01-04-2016, 09:18 PM
I wont comment on the rumor, but that doesn't sound like a game dev.

I agree, it was a bit weird the way he spoke about the series. Though there is stuff from Kotaku too, saying they'd heard similar to what was said by this guy.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 09:30 PM
Woah there, hold your horses buddy, I'm not saying anything that's gonna get me in trouble...

http://comicbook.com/2016/01/04/ubisoft-releases-official-statement-on-assassins-creed-rumors/

:cool:

I'd be a little surprised if we don't get an official statement soon, then, if it is real. Ubisoft typically likes to have some control on these types of situations.

That being said, many of us here are getting pretty pumped up for a game that may or may not even exist. My good friend Samuel Frey has advised me that's not always wise.

VoXngola
01-04-2016, 09:31 PM
http://puu.sh/dsTuP/6724474c67.jpg

Seems like people voted The Egyptian empire. I'm overjoyed.

ERICATHERINE
01-04-2016, 09:47 PM
Ah, but remember that silly song about Comet cleaning product that many of us sang as children? ♫♫ "Comet, it makes your teeth turn green! Comet, it tastes like gasoline. Comet, it makes you vomit, so drink some Comet and vomit, today!" ♫♫

Clearly, they were referencing the line about gasoline, since you could spread burning oil from the back of your ship in Rogue.

Totally not reaching for that one at all :rolleyes:

XD

Nerdman3000
01-04-2016, 10:36 PM
So apparently UbiSoft has released some responses to some of the sites asking. It doesn't seem to completely say that the rumors are false which makes me think even more now that this rumor may be true.

cawatrooper9
01-04-2016, 10:40 PM
So apparently UbiSoft has released some responses to some of the sites asking. It doesn't seem to completely say that the rumors are false which makes me think even more now that this rumor may be true.

Maybe the claims made about Empire are true, but the claims that AC 2016 will be a by-year are false.

Hey, a guy can dream, can't he?

ERICATHERINE
01-04-2016, 11:00 PM

From what ubisoft tell them, I understand that they didn't said it not true like they didn't said it is. So, I still consider that as a "maybe". ^-^

jellejackhammer
01-04-2016, 11:01 PM
i don't know about ac 2016 anymore. i mean we have 2 chronicle games coming up,plus the last big dlc pack for syndicate and ofcourse the movie aswell. even by ubisoft standards that could be enough ac for this year.(i do not share that mindset) and are therefore not releasing a main game this year.
From what ubisoft tell them, I understand that they didn't said it not true like they didn't said it is. So, I still consider that as a "maybe". ^-^ one thing is sure the leaks are here early!

ERICATHERINE
01-04-2016, 11:10 PM
i don't know about ac 2016 anymore. i mean we have 2 chronicle games coming up,plus the last big dlc pack for syndicate and ofcourse the movie aswell.
even by ubisoft standards that could be enough ac for this year.(i do not share that mindset) and are therefore not releasing a main game this year.

Even then they could still bring the players some remake of the ps3 games (ac iv exclude since it's already buyable ps4). Like I said in one of my tread, they just have to take the last gen games we can rent on the ps4 ps store and make it buyable. The only game I puted on my list earlier today that is not to rent is ac bloodlines. So, they just have to remake ac bl and make all the others buyable. ^-^

prince162010
01-04-2016, 11:32 PM
They said horses are back ? Haha and what is the new here it's the same thing every year!
why don't you guys talk about camels Egypt was famous of camels! am I wrong?

thewhitestig
01-04-2016, 11:48 PM
This is awesome news. I love Assassin's Creed as much as the next guy on this forum here, but honestly these past few years there have been too many games. Not only is it an yearly release but they also push out a ton of spin-offs. I would really like to see an Assassin's Creed game play and feel more like an actual RPG then an action game. And lastly the fact that it's presumably gonna be set in ancient Egypt is awesome. I've been waiting for this for so long. Since the original AC came in 2007 I've been wanting an ancient Egypt one.

SpiritOfNevaeh
01-04-2016, 11:56 PM
As much as I want Ubisoft to take a break from yearly AC releases, anybody could post anything on 4chan anonymously.

I would take everything with a grain of salt as always. Heck, I could have posted something on 4chan, claim I was working on the next AC game, and people would have taken it as truth.

Regardless, if it is the truth, whoever links information like this is a ******. It takes the surprise out of what the next AC game could have been.

Otherwise I smell a troll.

AND I will never believe anything until official confirmation from Ubisoft themselves.

That is all.

dxsxhxcx
01-05-2016, 12:00 AM
(assuming the rumor is true) I just hope they get the story right, this will be the first game set before AC1 and the "modern" Assassin/Templar Orders, I hope they go the extra mile to make sure both of them feel unique rather than just the same ol' Orders without a name.

dimbismp
01-05-2016, 12:13 AM
By now,almost everyone must have heard the news.To summarize,even though the 4chan "dev" doesn't seem totally credible,the rumors are confirmed by Kotaku and other insiders(well,sort of).

For many years,fans have been asking for the annualisation to stop,for a fresh ancient setting etc.All these wishes seem to be real!But,let's see the pro's and con's of the situation:

Pro's
1.No AC for 2016.That means that the fans will finally get a rst.Also,that means that all future projects will get an additional year of development.
2.The 2017 AC game will get a development time of 3,5-4 years.
3.The game is supposedly developed by the Black Flag team.Let me remind you that BF is one of the best,if not the best,AC game ever.Also,if the BF team is indeed leading the project,then it is safe to say that Ashraf will be the director!And maybe,just maybe,we may get Darby(who wrote the two best AC stories IMO) back as a lead writer.
4.Ancient Egypt is one of the fan favourites.It will be the first game set in the ancient era.The gameplay and the world will be something completely different than anything we have seen so far.Time for the mystery to return!
5.Also,the setting is actually perfect for some great TOWCB stuff!Furthermore,it is quite possible that we may get a proper MD story.
6.Maybe Ubisoft will finally make a game that ismechanically on par with the other AAA titles(for example they may fix the horrible AI)
7.All this may also result in a "AC remastered collection" in 2016 :D

One year delay+Egypt+revamp=HYPE(maybe even more than AC3)

Con's
1.3,5-4 years isn't actually that much for a total revamp.I mean,if the game was indeed released in 2016,then it would only get 2,5-3 years.History have shown us that big development cycles doesn't equal a bug-less game.
2.Also,there is no one to guarantee that the game will have a geat story,or if it will bring the mystery,the 1st civ or the MD back.
3.The game will supposedly take further inspiration from the RPG genre.
4.2017 is too far away.The community will be kinda dead until the hype train starts accelarating...

Anyway,whether we like it or not,we seem to be not getting an AC for the first time since 2008,while the 3rd major revamp(and the most revolutionary i dare say)is on its way

ze_topazio
01-05-2016, 12:17 AM
Ancient would never be my choice for Egypt, I would go for something more recent, anyway, the talks of Rome may indicate this is set in the Ptolemaic destiny and not the in Old Kingdom like the leaker appears to be suggesting.

Anyway, if we can't ride Camels this game will be a 0/10 for me.

BATISTABUS
01-05-2016, 12:23 AM
Egypt...okay. Empire...okay. Middle Kingdom or earlier? New Kingdom? Ptolemaic dynasties (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Amunet)? The introduction of Islam into the region? The French Occupation? The 1800s or later? Don't get me wrong, I would enjoy any of these time periods, but we're not guaranteed ancient Egypt if this rumor is true.

VernalBreak
01-05-2016, 12:31 AM
I thoroughly don't believe any of this. I doubt that ubisoft would skip a year and the ac remastered thing is unlikely. Ancient Egypt is possible but none of this is real and to me seems like just a rumor.

VoXngola
01-05-2016, 12:33 AM
It's like a dream come true for me. I mean, this kind of stuff, I would've labelled as wishful thinking. It's hands down the best AC leak and I'm just really happy that this happened. It's a great feeling to feel hyped again for this series. I haven't felt that way for 3 years now.

Anyway, I pretty muich agree with your pros but I have some concerns with your cons:

About the first one. I think 3,5 to 4 years are enough for a revamp. It always depends on the team and what exactly they set out to do. I don't know about you, but for me AC3 was the biggest "revamp" and they only had 3 years for that one.

The second one, I think that applies to everything.

You are wrong about the third con, many people seem to misunderstand the dev's mention of Witcher 3. With Witcher-feel, he meant the sense of adventure and discovery being a big focus. Nothing to do with the RPG genre.

For the fourth point, I don't think that will be the case. I'm gonna mention stuff from my thread: 2 ongoing comics, the chronicles games, and of course the movie. Surely the community can entertain themselves with that much.

SixKeys
01-05-2016, 12:38 AM
If it's true, honestly best news in a long time. I have the whole series up until now to tide me over. And the reactions I've seen outside the forums, from non-AC fans, suggest that AC could salvage its reputation among the general gaming public. It's been "the next COD" for years now. It may sell well, but the overall brand has been hurt. Unity really scared Ubi straight and made them see that long-term commitment to quality is essential if they don't want the series to die.

ERICATHERINE
01-05-2016, 12:38 AM
I'm causiously optimistic, until ubisoft themself confirm all this is true. ^-^

ERICATHERINE
01-05-2016, 12:42 AM
It's like a dream come true for me. I mean, this kind of stuff, I would've labelled as wishful thinking. It's hands down the best AC leak and I'm just really happy that this happened. It's a great feeling to feel hyped again for this series. I haven't felt that way for 3 years now.

Anyway, I pretty muich agree with your pros but I have some concerns with your cons:

About the first one. I think 3,5 to 4 years are enough for a revamp. It always depends on the team and what exactly they set out to do. I don't know about you, but for me AC3 was the biggest "revamp" and they only had 3 years for that one.

The second one, I think that applies to everything.

You are wrong about the third con, many people seem to misunderstand the dev's mention of Witcher 3. With Witcher-feel, he meant the sense of adventure and discovery being a big focus. Nothing to do with the RPG genre.

For the fourth point, I don't think that will be the case. I'm gonna mention stuff from my thread: 2 ongoing comics, the chronicles games, and of course the movie. Surely the community can entertain themselves with that much.

You forgot the dlc of the last mahraja of syndicate which is suppused to be playable soon. ^-^

ze_topazio
01-05-2016, 12:45 AM
I don't know, Ancient would not be my choice for Egypt, just like the French Revolution and Victorian Era were not my choice for France and England, three games in a row set in countries I wanted but in periods I don't want, it's like they're trying to screw with me.

The comparisons with The Witcher 3, I don't know, The Witcher 3 may be great but I don't know if that style fits AC, but I never played The Witcher 3 so I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about.

Let's wait for the announcement before jumping to conclusions anyway.

m4r-k7
01-05-2016, 12:53 AM
I am honestly just hoping this is real.

Going4Quests
01-05-2016, 12:55 AM
I think its either ancient Egypt or Arno chasing Napoleon post Unity.

ERICATHERINE
01-05-2016, 12:56 AM
I just thinked of something. I think nobody know the name of the son of Desmond. If that is the case, maybe the ac movie will be the prequel to the md protagonist of the next ac game. The son of Desmond could be captured by abstergo in the movie and in the next new game we could see his adventure continu. It would be sort of like ac lineage, where we see why the family of Ezio were chase by the guards and how Franscesco de Pazzi as been arrested.

VoXngola
01-05-2016, 01:11 AM
The 4chan dev said Ancient Egypt, which was in turn confirmed by Kotaku's sources as well.

"4chan dev"...this is the new "plane guy" , lol.

m4r-k7
01-05-2016, 01:14 AM
I wonder if Ashraf Ismail is the game director on this one considering his love for the setting and the fact that the 4chan guy said the Black Flag team was on it.

TO_M
01-05-2016, 01:18 AM
I hope this turns out to be true. But since that would mean Ubi would be doing something sensible, it probably will not.

Going4Quests
01-05-2016, 01:20 AM
Kotaku got both Unity and "Victory" right so I'm hopeful. :)

I-Like-Pie45
01-05-2016, 01:27 AM
The Kotaku guy is probably the person who made the 4chan thread, since they got blacklisted by Ubisoft they're probably just venting their salt right now

SixKeys
01-05-2016, 01:45 AM
Somebody get this guy on the line!

http://i.imgur.com/EuJ9WYg.png

ERICATHERINE
01-05-2016, 01:46 AM
I don't know, Ancient would not be my choice for Egypt, just like the French Revolution and Victorian Era were not my choice for France and England, three games in a row set in countries I wanted but in periods I don't want, it's like they're trying to screw with me.

The comparisons with The Witcher 3, I don't know, The Witcher 3 may be great but I don't know if that style fits AC, but I never played The Witcher 3 so I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about.

As long as there will be no monsters like in the witcher, I'm ok with the idea. I just don't like game with story that never could have happened. Unfortunately all the last games I thinked would be fun to play were not fun because of monsters. Far cry 3 and 4, the last of us, the witcher 3. The video game market is ful of game that have monsters in. Assassin's creed is a franchise about a world that could have existed and it's thanks to the absence of monsters. So, I just hope a dream I dreamed many times recentitly with me playing a game in first person where the character advance in a ruin with, at some point mummies and other monsters appearing while I do a speed run forward to get to the last room in an ac style (parcourt) will not happen. You're reading this ubisoft? Please don't make this dream a reality.

SixKeys
01-05-2016, 01:50 AM
As long as there will be no monsters like in the witcher, I'm ok with the idea. I just don't like game with story that never could have happened.

You mean like how AC is about ancient aliens with magical powers of future prediction and all-powerful artifacts that can mind-control people and shoot lightning? :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
01-05-2016, 01:57 AM
I wonder if Moses will play a role in the plot, if thats what they meant by meeting Gods

You could play as an Assassin that steals a first-civ artifact for Moses, which he then uses to do miracles like turn the river Nile into Kool-Aid or send all of Egypts first-borns on a first-class all-expenses paid all-you-can't-eat cruise to the Underworld

Mr.Black24
01-05-2016, 02:05 AM
I wouldn't take it as for real.

Remember how the French Revolution rumor was supposed to star Connor from reddit, the guy MonkeyTitan, claiming that he had the posters of the game at Best Buy, but i was just a photoshop pic. This time its 4chan, where it is a notorious bunch that talk so much about the nastiest things in existence. Unless actual evidence is provided, nah.

Yeah I wouldn't get my hopes up. Plus even if it is true, I don't want Egypt. It would have been fine if it was a few years after the Third Crusade, after Altair's death, but nah. This might be the first AC game that I won't buy, surprisingly.

Civona
01-05-2016, 02:18 AM
I think it's the best news in a long time but i am also just cautiously optimistic until i see something that actually looks cool. so i picked the first option because I feel like it isn't mutually exclusive with the second.

harsab
01-05-2016, 02:51 AM
But thing is i remember someone posting about Unity & the french revolution few weeks after BF came out & UBI literally debunked the rumour EVEN Darby said it was fake on twitter.

So trust no one lol

ERICATHERINE
01-05-2016, 02:57 AM
You mean like how AC is about ancient aliens with magical powers of future prediction and all-powerful artifacts that can mind-control people and shoot lightning? :rolleyes:

First of all, I can predict my future for real. I just don't control my power enough to predict it when I want and about the subject I want. Sometimes when I say something it happen soon after. In other time I dream my futur. I actualy had my first dream about my futur sometime after I watched this tv show when I was little :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD8QwQBMcm4
For those who didn't pay attention to it, this episode start with Sakura dreaming about her future. One of my mother grandmother made so much predictions that were true that she was called "the witch". She predicted to my mother that she would have 2 baby twins (me and my brother) before she even was pregnant.

As for the ancient aliens, maybe we don't have evidence they exist, but we don't have evidence they don't exist either. Same thing as for all the gods humanity believe exist. Nobody will have proof god exist until the person die, like nobodi will have proof of alien life until we see one.

For the artifact that control mind and shoot lightning, it's the same thing as for alien, since THEY created it.

So, finnaly, yes, I think all this is possible. ^-^

ShoryukenMan
01-05-2016, 03:12 AM
No way... NO WAAY Ubisoft is skipping 2016 even if AC Empire is true.

But, I guess I'll believe it when I see it.

LoyalACFan
01-05-2016, 03:18 AM
Good lord, this is giving me shivers... Not because I expected it, but because it's literally exactly what I was hoping for.

I'm a game dev student, as some of you might know, and as a side hobby I've just been idly writing up some ideas for an Assassin's Creed reboot. The first one would be in Ancient Egypt, with horses and larger Witcher-style open areas, and hell, one of the core mechanics would have been a playable flying eagle you could scout areas with. The only major difference between this "leak" and my idea is that the character is rumored to be a slave, whereas mine would have been a son of Ramesses II.

Holy crap. This is like someone ripped stuff right out of my brain. I'm saying to myself "grain of salt, grain of salt" but gat dayum, I'm stoked.

crusader_prophet
01-05-2016, 03:36 AM
but I never played The Witcher 3 so I'm not sure I know what I'm talking about..

You should play Witcher 3 specially. It's design, lore, storytelling, art, music, characters, missions, activities - everything will touch you except may be the combat mechanics (it's easier than previous witcher games and dumbed down). I recently started playing it and I could tell that how much heart and soul each developer must have put into that game. That is why smaller teams work great because of the amount of creativity control you can maintain instead of another employee just showing up in the morning for a paycheck who you have no idea the name is or which corner of the building he/she sits in. But I also don't think AC should follow the footsteps of CDPR. Ubi should create it's own self-inspired game.

thewhitestig
01-05-2016, 03:38 AM
I wonder if Ashraf Ismail is the game director on this one considering his love for the setting and the fact that the 4chan guy said the Black Flag team was on it.

I would hope for that as well. But I think he's working on a completely new game, don't remember where I read that but a google search doesn't return any results. His LinkedIn says:
"Game Director - Unannounced Project
Ubisoft
January 2014 – Present (2 years 1 month)"

May as well be the new AC game. A bit under 4 years of development time looks about right.

SixKeys
01-05-2016, 03:49 AM
First of all, I can predict my future for real. I just don't control my power enough to predict it when I want and about the subject I want. Sometimes when I say something it happen soon after. In other time I dream my futur. I actualy had my first dream about my futur sometime after I watched this tv show when I was little

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/2/10/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-buzz-29546-1401719810-19.gif

As for the ancient aliens, maybe we don't have evidence they exist, but we don't have evidence they don't exist either. Same thing as for all the gods humanity believe exist. Nobody will have proof god exist until the person die, like nobodi will have proof of alien life until we see one.

We have no proof monsters don't exist either. Why do you think aliens are more realistic than monsters?

ERICATHERINE
01-05-2016, 04:28 AM
http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-06/2/10/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-buzz-29546-1401719810-19.gif

We have no proof monsters don't exist either. Why do you think aliens are more realistic than monsters?

Because for me a monster is like vampires, witchs, zombies, squeleton, this sort of thing. On another hand, an alien life may it be an animal (I consider humain as an animal since we have an animal type of cellar structur) or plant have it's origin on another planet. If something you could call a monster got it's origins on another planet then the one he is on, I call it an alien life. If it got it's origins on the planet he is on, then it can be called a monster. That is the difference between Dracula, Frankenstein, the gremlins and every monster that humains know about and an alien life. Some of the monsters, humains that don't play any video game, know about may truly exist, but with all the invention that exist and after all these years since the first story about each of theme, I can't believe nobody wouldn't have seen one if it does exist. We can't say the same thing about the alien life since our galaxie alone (so without talking about the rest of the univers) is far from being at least half explored (and I'm talking about it being explored on foot or with a robot so not with a telescope).

Edit. And yes, I make prediction that became true.

SectionHades
01-05-2016, 04:45 AM
This is my personal opinion:

I don't see why we need to skip a whole year when the MD story progresses VERY little every game. I would like to have a side story game like rogue or liberation that ties into the movie in 2016 and a fantastic new Assassin's creed being this one in 2017. What added to the amazing game play AC had was the glyphs, the mysteries of the story and the weird Illuminati-like symbols. Less killing key templars and more depth into the ACTUAL story would really satisfy me. For the past few games, the games have had a mouse and cat chase feeling which has gotten extremely repetitive. You get a glimpse of all the targets you're going to kill and finish the game by killing the main enemy. Please Ubisoft, less chasing and more mysteries. That being said I'm not implying for them to remove assassinations at the end of every sequence, but to only add more betrayals, mysteries, and events that raise more questions throughout the game regarding both the historical and the MD story.

melbye82
01-05-2016, 04:49 AM
Could be cool, a little worried they are going so far back in time. Hope they don't forget the one essential thing in an AC-game, the hidden blade

ShoryukenMan
01-05-2016, 05:57 AM
If we were to get a filler game this year, I'd still be all for that Connor sequel to finally tie up the Connor/Shay saga...

The universe doesn't like me enough to make that a reality, though.

joshoolhorst
01-05-2016, 07:33 AM
If this is true I hope it's true than yes no MAIN AC game in 2016! still weird though because the movie.

I'm looking at different forums what people think about this rumor and more than the half is pretty optimistic and happy about it.
I glady take a break myself.

RVSage
01-05-2016, 08:48 AM
This not what I expected, but what I hoped for, the best thing to happen to AC ever since black flag, kudos ubisoft, ashraf Ismail has been leading this project,probably and he loved Witcher 3, I guess we will see a narrative influence, ancient Egypt, the setting he wanted, this is gonna be terrific hope Brian Tyler composes again, so excited

Sorrosyss
01-05-2016, 09:12 AM
Mmm, looking at how Ubisoft has only made a 'no comment' rather than a denial on all this, it is making this look all the more true.

Zafar1981
01-05-2016, 10:02 AM
After playing Witcher 3 I always wanted an AC game set in Egypt with Witcher 3 type open world gameplay.

Looks like Ubi$oft is really looking my comments on the forums.

I don't want to be super anticipated by this news as the biggest problem with last few AC games are not having strong story and acceptable protagonist so lets see how Ubi$oft deals with it.

Plus I don't care if this game came in 2018 because I don't want this to be a copy paste of Unity & Syndicate mechanics.

pacmanate
01-05-2016, 11:59 AM
Mmm, looking at how Ubisoft has only made a 'no comment' rather than a denial on all this, it is making this look all the more true.

That's their standard PR statement. "We do not comment on rumour or speculation."

Honestly, ask Mr_Shade, he will say the same thing

Locopells
01-05-2016, 12:38 PM
"...and look at the pretty film pictures instead..."

pacmanate
01-05-2016, 12:42 PM
This actually scares me if Egypt is true because i have such high hopes for it.

If there is no Sandstorm/Cover mechanic that encourages you to use Eagle Vision to see past the sand I will be very disappointed as that is a huge missed opportunity to make Eagle Vision relevant again in a new way.

jellejackhammer
01-05-2016, 01:13 PM
One thing i want to be clear about is this: what do they mean with influence from the witcher? Is it gameplay and/or respect to the lore and including it to the story? I have seen people being worried by this setting and period because it's a time period before the official formation of the 2 orders. But how could be a bad thing? The orders don't have to be Formed yet to have a assassins and templar war going On.anyone remember cain and Abel? Perfect example On how it could work. Just think about all the possible stories they can include. I feel like the semi modern settings didn't do the lore justice. Exept for evie's missions and the juno bit in ww1. Ac needs this setting and period to pay respect to it's foundation and deeper story. For once i feel this early already that this game Will put everything in motion in MD aswell. Plus a game before altair is always a good thing.

Gibbo2g_83
01-05-2016, 02:43 PM
The only thing that's putting me off about this is the fact that they're changing the combat. I really like how it is in Syndicate i think it just needs to be tweeked a little bit. I think the enemies should attack quicker and i think you should get more control over which finishers that you use. Apart from that though i wouldn't want the combat and animations to change too much. I really hope that there's bows and arrows in the new game as well. I also think it would be cool if you could choose between a male and female assassin again too. I think having the choice in Syndicate is brilliant and is the main reason i bought it as i wasn't really that interested in the London setting when it was announced.

joelsantos24
01-05-2016, 03:10 PM
The only thing that's putting me off about this is the fact that they're changing the combat. I really like how it is in Syndicate i think it just needs to be tweeked a little bit. I think the enemies should attack quicker and i think you should get more control over which finishers that you use. Apart from that though i wouldn't want the combat and animations to change too much. I really hope that there's bows and arrows in the new game as well. I also think it would be cool if you could choose between a male and female assassin again too. I think having the choice in Syndicate is brilliant and is the main reason i bought it as i wasn't really that interested in the London setting when it was announced.
I actually think the combat was much better in Unity, but then again I believe Unity was undoubtedly much better than Syndicate at everything, so... Honestly, about 70-80% of the time I got myself engaged in open fight with guards or templars, I was killed. The fighting in Unity was amazing, in every single way, and amazingly difficult, no doubt. On the other hand, that emphasizes the blatant need to approach the missions on stealth, mainly. I remember the developers also underlined the fact that you could play the game in a variety of approaches, and if going in with guns blazing is/was your thing, then by all means. In Syndicate, the combat was balanced, and not so challenging as it was in Unity, unfortunately.

I'm about to achieve platinum on Syndicate's trophies, and then I'm done with that game for good. Completely forgettable, in every single way.

guest-1Lgk2h0J
01-05-2016, 03:14 PM
Sounds like a good game

cawatrooper9
01-05-2016, 03:18 PM

I liked the combat for Syndicate, but it was very thematically Victorian. It would be strange having it in Ancient Egypt.

m4r-k7
01-05-2016, 03:28 PM
I'm about to achieve platinum on Syndicate's trophies, and then I'm done with that game for good. Completely forgettable, in every single way.

I disagree. Unity in theory had everything I wanted in an AC game - more crowds, interiors, emphasis on stealth, harder combat. Hell, even when Syndicate was announced I thought I would never buy it due to the departure of what I wanted out of an AC game. However after platinuming Unity just before I got Syndicate, I got a fresh comparison between the two games. Unity ultimately failed in its promises - the mechanics were there but they were just terrible in practice - crowds got in your way (why the hell did they take out gentle push?), stealth never worked, free running was clunky, framerate went up and down, story was beyond terrible etc.

Whilst Syndicate isn't the juggernaut of AC games (like AC Unity ultimately promised) Syndicate IMO was just pure fun to play - the gameplay mechanics actually worked most of the time and they brought back free run down (which was the best thing to come out of Unity). The only thing I agree with you about is the harder combat in Unity was a very nice addition. The story in both games aren't that great but man Syndicate missions are much more memorable than Unitys. Of course it is completely down to opinion, but I would not go as far as saying Syndicate is completely forgettable.

jellejackhammer
01-05-2016, 03:35 PM
combat wise it would be more suited if it took the direction ac1 had,no copy of it but more feel for the swords and little knives.
syndicate took on the rough brawler style in the sence that,even if you had a melee weapon at hand the characters would use their bare hands more often then not in combat.
so if ubi indeed go's for the witcher's swordsplay then i'm pleased.it will feel more natural in a ancient setting to bring in the little knives back aswell.
should they use the hidden blade as a combat weapon aswell?only in certain situations.i don't want that to be the go to combat weapon but more of the assassination weapon.
maybe even have sand as a object do stun enemies in combat to give you the oppurtunity to either kill or escape.
bow and arrow to take place as fire arms would be a nice touch aswell.

Mr.GoodKall
01-05-2016, 06:41 PM
Ubisoft is not dumb, they know Egypt is the most requested and anticipated time period, so they wanted to save it. Ubisoft always knew AC would eventually start dying down, and they would eventually have to make one big push to save the franchise.

I believe that they knew Ancient Egypt is their holy grail, and this time period would bring the blood back into the franchise, so they waited on it just for this reason.

If the rumors are true, and it is a trilogy just like the Ezio games, then they will hold nothing back, and they will put all their cards out on the table for one last push to save the franchise.

Egyptian Empire had thrived for more than 3000 years. When you are dealing with that much time, you will absolutely have many huge historical events, and people who made their mark in history to choose from.

Alexander the great - 335BC
King Tut - 1340BC
Cleopatra- 70BC
Ramses III - 1150BC
Hatshepsut - 1500BC
Julius Caesar - 50BC
Archimedes - 280BC
Imhotep - 2700BC
Aristotle - 380BC
Constantine - 330AD
Nefertiti
NERO
Moses
and Jesus himself.

All of these people had an incredible influence on Egypt and the world, and each one has an incredible story that can fill up a whole AC game, but how can you fit all these people into a game when they are all from different time periods? You make a trilogy! (Touché Ubisoft).

Im interested to know how long they have been planning for this game. I pretty sure they have been planning for this for a while. They want this to be their masterpiece, their best product ever, but in the meantime, they released Unity and Syndicate just to get by.

This story will be 3 games long, so expect to fall in love with this Assassin just like we all did with Ezio. Im sure they held a lot of features back from making the recent games just so they could put everything they have into this trilogy. Because of all these factors, I expect this to rival AC2 for the best AC game ever made.

very, VERY hyped for a Egypt Trilogy.
Any thoughts?? Who or what would you like to see in the game???

briangade
01-05-2016, 06:47 PM
I just want this to be true,so I can be hyped for assassins creed again.If I have to choose I would say in the Caesar timeframe so the second game can be in Rome.But nomatter what time they set it in I'm all for it.

joelsantos24
01-05-2016, 07:07 PM
I disagree. Unity in theory had everything I wanted in an AC game - more crowds, interiors, emphasis on stealth, harder combat. Hell, even when Syndicate was announced I thought I would never buy it due to the departure of what I wanted out of an AC game. However after platinuming Unity just before I got Syndicate, I got a fresh comparison between the two games. Unity ultimately failed in its promises - the mechanics were there but they were just terrible in practice - crowds got in your way (why the hell did they take out gentle push?), stealth never worked, free running was clunky, framerate went up and down, story was beyond terrible etc.

Whilst Syndicate isn't the juggernaut of AC games (like AC Unity ultimately promised) Syndicate IMO was just pure fun to play - the gameplay mechanics actually worked most of the time and they brought back free run down (which was the best thing to come out of Unity). The only thing I agree with you about is the harder combat in Unity was a very nice addition. The story in both games aren't that great but man Syndicate missions are much more memorable than Unitys. Of course it is completely down to opinion, but I would not go as far as saying Syndicate is completely forgettable.
I understand Unity did not work properly for many players, but I was fortunate enough to own a fairly immaculate copy of the game. Gentle push was redundant, given the approach taken in Unity, because if you walk slowly, Arno will simply walk by and around the people. If you decide to free run, however, that is a different story. I think it is more realistic that way. And stealth worked perfectly for me. Although, it is not something that functions automatically, it requires skill and much care. Frame-rate issues were prominent upon the release, but subsequent updates took care of that. And the story, although not perfect, was far more interesting to me than Syndicate's.

In Syndicate, there is no fun. It is the most boring and displeasing AC game I have ever played. The characters are exasperating, the two protagonists in particular. The missions were average to below average. And ultimately, when you compare Syndicate with the remaining AC games, it is almost disgraceful to even associate the ADD-hyperactive, idiotic, childish Frye twins to the remaining charismatic protagonists. I have yet to play Jack the Ripper, but there is much to look forward to. Jack even has a bag over his head. Glorious!

creedalien
01-05-2016, 07:23 PM
n Egypt game with good plot twisted gameplot and NO ROMANCE at all. more similar cold character like original altair was in ac1 or more colder. and with REAL brotherhood like in ac1 was when you can feel you are a real master assassin and you are inside a brotherhood and with bigplace for the brotherhood like masyaf was. Ohh and mystical musics like in ac1 was by jesper kyd..but ex-slave? no no man why? is that confirmed? I want an ac game again when we BORN into the brotherhood from since we child and I want to see our "HERO is die in the end of the game when he is pretty old aged he have no wife or kids (because he live for the brotherhood) he would die because in some middle of war between Templars and assassins similar war like in ac1 arsuf was. it would be so fuucking amazing!!! now I wonder the main protagonist ring finger is gonna cut off in new ac game it would be good.

BananaBlighter
01-05-2016, 07:29 PM

I think I feel pretty much the same.

I wanted to go to Egypt, but I'm not a fan for ancient times. Most worrying for me though is the reference to Witcher 3. It doesn't seem like my type of game, doesn't feel like it would suit AC and especially its combat isn't something that I'd want for the next game. I wonder what the dev meant by it honestly.

Though I'm pleased with some news, for example, the Black Flag team are working on it.

BEST news of all though, is that we can play as this guy's pet eagle.

Mr.GoodKall
01-05-2016, 07:38 PM
yea man me too.. I hope this is more like the old AC games..

LoyalACFan
01-05-2016, 07:48 PM
I wanted to go to Egypt, but I'm not a fan for ancient times. Most worrying for me though is the reference to Witcher 3. It doesn't seem like my type of game, doesn't feel like it would suit AC and especially its combat isn't something that I'd want for the next game. I wonder what the dev meant by it honestly.

Basically, I think they just meant that they're trying to emphasize player exploration instead of having a map cluttered with collectibles, and implement a progression system that actually makes you feel like you're getting significantly more dangerous the more you play (something that AC's parry+kill structure never allowed for until Unity and Syndicate, and even then it was handled badly and hinged entirely on purchased weapons).

BEST news of all though, is that we can play as this guy's pet eagle.

That indeed sounds awesome, but TBH I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that's one of the first things that get cut (or severely pared down). Current-gen hardware would make it exceptionally difficult to allow you to fly over a detailed open world environment as fast as a soaring eagle without encountering gigantic problems with framerate and draw distance. It sounds like an amazingly fun mechanic, but it also sounds like something of a pipe dream from ambitious designers. Not to say that it can't be done (after all, GTA5 has jets you can fly without too many noticeable hiccups besides radically decreased car traffic) but it's extremely hard, and given that this game is supposedly being built from the ground up already, it might be more than they can chew. So even if the Egypt rumor is true, I'd try not to get too dead-set on the flying eagle thing.

harsab
01-05-2016, 08:05 PM
As hardcore fans i find it very hard to believe how you guys are not excited for Ancient Egypt. This setting literally screams for AC.

It potentially (if done correctly) could not only be the best AC game but one of the best games we may play on current gen.

just think about the First Civ lore & Tombs omg!

VestigialLlama4
01-05-2016, 08:05 PM
Alexander the great - 335BC
King Tut - 1340BC
Cleopatra- 70BC
Ramses III - 1150BC
Hatshepsut - 1500BC
Julius Caesar - 50BC
Archimedes - 280BC
Imhotep - 2700BC
Aristotle - 380BC
Constantine - 330AD

My advice is don't pick one period. Do ALL OF THEM. There is something called Time Anomalies. make a game where you shuffle across different eras in Egypt, and meet all the famous people who were there once. This is actually easier than it sounds because Ancient Egyptian cities are small, there's not a lot we know about them so most of it would have to be made up by Ubisoft. Alexandria hit its height in the Ptolemaic era, and Cairo in Napoleonic Times is a good place to visit.

I-Like-Pie45
01-05-2016, 08:15 PM
I hope we get to meet Moses and Jehovah in this game

Ureh
01-05-2016, 08:17 PM
Most of you probably remember this one. Just for a bit of fun, here's an official illustration made by Gabz for 2011 and he also happened to do some work for Witcher 3. Oh my, it's just a coincidence. Or is it...? dunh dunh dunh!

Official Ubiworkshop giclee
http://payload123.cargocollective.com/1/0/1674/4772225/assassin01.jpg

Official witcher 3 poster
http://payload298.cargocollective.com/1/0/1674/8265276/witcher3.jpg

BananaBlighter
01-05-2016, 08:32 PM
Basically, I think they just meant that they're trying to emphasize player exploration instead of having a map cluttered with collectibles, and implement a progression system that actually makes you feel like you're getting significantly more dangerous the more you play (something that AC's parry+kill structure never allowed for until Unity and Syndicate, and even then it was handled badly and hinged entirely on purchased weapons).

Well I can't argue with that. I love the sense of exploration and I think this is a great setting for that. I may be somewhat biased since I live in London, but I actually really loved walking about London and passing familiar landmarks. Early on in the game I could see Big Ben in the distance but it wasn't until later that I made my way towards the higher level boroughs which were more recognisable.

I want to play side quests, not because I need to clear a map and reach that 100% sync, but just for entertainment, and uncover a new story every time I pass one by. While Syndicate's were fun, and a nice surprise when I'm running across rooftops and bump in to a gang stronghold, after a while it became a series of marking them on the map, driving over, and quickly getting it over and done with, just to see that meaningless red tint on the map disappear. Conquest activities aside, I found some of the London stories really good, though many were unbearably silly. I was severely disappointed with one Darwin mission. The murder mysteries really stood out for me, they even had a satisfying finale.

In terms of progression, I'm not really aware of how Witcher's works since I haven't actually played the game and only seen videos of single missions. I was quite pleased with Unity's though, Syndicate's whole leveling thing was abysmal. Lol my favourite progression system is probably AC1, the upgrades were slow and steady, but mostly meaningful, adding unique moves to combat, and had context. I don't like skill trees, and believe that a set of side missions which each unlock a new unique ability, giving them context, could be really great. I think this was a missed opportunity with Syndicate's gang upgrades, and a set of missions focusing on the Rooks would've been nice.

That indeed sounds awesome, but TBH I wouldn't be a bit surprised if that's one of the first things that get cut (or severely pared down). Current-gen hardware would make it exceptionally difficult to allow you to fly over a detailed open world environment as fast as a soaring eagle without encountering gigantic problems with framerate and draw distance. It sounds like an amazingly fun mechanic, but it also sounds like something of a pipe dream from ambitious designers. Not to say that it can't be done (after all, GTA5 has jets you can fly without too many noticeable hiccups besides radically decreased car traffic) but it's extremely hard, and given that this game is supposedly being built from the ground up already, it might be more than they can chew. So even if the Egypt rumor is true, I'd try not to get too dead-set on the flying eagle thing.

:( You meanie, you shattered my dweams, you making me kwye! Well I guess we have Eagle Flight for that then.

As hardcore fans i find it very hard to believe how you guys are not excited for Ancient Egypt. This setting literally screams for AC.

It potentially (if done correctly) could not only be the best AC game but one of the best games we may play on current gen.

just think about the First Civ lore & Tombs omg!

I think the setting will be great for exploration and mystery with the tombs and all, but I get the sense of very simplistic gameplay, the same feeling I get when I look at Far Cry Primal. Like, the only way to make it in any way exciting was to shove in the taming animal mechanic. Hopefully, with it being the Black Flag team working on this, they'll think of something creative, like the eagle thingy.

I'm no expert but I don't think I'll be very impressed by the architecture either. I mean, yeah the Egyptians did build the pyramids but I feel like the cities are gonna go back to AC1 standards, or worse. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere there was great, but I didn't look around and marvel the landscape the way I do in Syndicate or Unity.

LoyalACFan
01-05-2016, 08:43 PM
My advice is don't pick one period. Do ALL OF THEM. There is something called Time Anomalies. make a game where you shuffle across different eras in Egypt, and meet all the famous people who were there once. This is actually easier than it sounds because Ancient Egyptian cities are small, there's not a lot we know about them so most of it would have to be made up by Ubisoft. Alexandria hit its height in the Ptolemaic era, and Cairo in Napoleonic Times is a good place to visit.

Honestly, I would completely detest this. If there's one thing I DON'T want, it's a heaping dose of Ubi's cornball takes on historical figures (I still have a bad taste in my mouth from Charles Darwin). Time Anomalies would be fine if we're talking about seeing Egyptian architecture across many time periods, but just through time just to shake hands with Imhotep and run errands for Cleopatra would be ****ing horrid.

That said, the period that's usually called the Egyptian "Empire" is the New Kingdom (1500ish-1000ish BC) so... take that as you will. Ramesses II is likely.

Mr.Black24
01-05-2016, 08:45 PM
With the gap now, if its true. I wonder what else can be explored in other mediums. I know the movie is coming out, and the comics are rolling in too. Perhaps some really good books? I like the Blackbeard's Journel, hope more of something similar can be done.

By the way, am I the only one who actual enjoys the new Titan comics? It seems like no one is paying attention to it, especially since the Fall and the Chain were really popular. I still don't see the bad at all in it.

m4r-k7
01-05-2016, 08:46 PM
If this is Ancient Egypt, maybe we will see the invention of the hidden blade? It is really interesting to see a game that takes place before the more "modern" Assassin/Templar conflict.

cawatrooper9
01-05-2016, 08:48 PM

Perhaps yet another reason the game is called Empire, in that it spans the length of it.

Sorry, I get intrigued by reasoning for titles, even though working titles might be essentially placeholders.

BananaBlighter
01-05-2016, 08:51 PM

I've seen you mention it before and YES I fully support this. Ancient Egypt would be easy to do, though linked to this I kind of think that it may feel a bit repetitive. The stories and tone and atmosphere would have to vary significantly between each time anomaly, because then it could just feel like were visiting these periods for the sake of meeting famous figures. No one time anomaly should feel superior to the others, I should be drawn to spend time in all of them.

London shouldn't have just been Victorian era, like there's so much more and it's got tonnes of variety.

Perhaps yet another reason the game is called Empire, in that it spans the length of it.

Sorry, I get intrigued by reasoning for titles, even though working titles might be essentially placeholders.

Nah, Empire would be in reference to the Roman Empire, so the trilogy would be different settings across one time period.

VestigialLlama4
01-05-2016, 08:51 PM
Honestly, I would completely detest this. If there's one thing I DON'T want, it's a heaping dose of Ubi's cornball takes on historical figures.

That's been there since Ac1, where Altair and Richard I fistbump each other. It's part of the charm of these games. The gump factor. It's too late to cringe or feel embarassed by it.

cawatrooper9
01-05-2016, 08:53 PM

Not that I don't agree, but any setting could "literally scream for AC". I mean, ze_topazio has been campaigning for a Portuguese game for quite some time on here, and though I thought that was kind of strange at first, he's definitely sold me on it now! So, even settings that one might not expect- you know, so not the French Revolution, Victorian London, or even Ancient Egypt- could be fantastic games.

That being said, I'm very excited to not only see how Ancient Egypt is portrayed, but how the Assassins are organized before the Levantine Brotherhood.

m4r-k7
01-05-2016, 08:58 PM
I think the setting will be great for exploration and mystery with the tombs and all, but I get the sense of very simplistic gameplay, the same feeling I get when I look at Far Cry Primal. Like, the only way to make it in any way exciting was to shove in the taming animal mechanic. Hopefully, with it being the Black Flag team working on this, they'll think of something creative, like the eagle thingy.

I'm no expert but I don't think I'll be very impressed by the architecture either. I mean, yeah the Egyptians did build the pyramids but I feel like the cities are gonna go back to AC1 standards, or worse. Don't get me wrong, the atmosphere there was great, but I didn't look around and marvel the landscape the way I do in Syndicate or Unity.

I loved AC 1 cities. All the buildings were so close together, making parkour so much smoother and quicker, especially with the flat rooftops. Also, I wouldn't be worried about mechanics. Its not like this is the primal period, there will still be classic AC weapons, parkour etc but I think the period will offer more opportunities. What I will be interested to see is the new "gadget" i.e every game has had a new signature weapon. I wonder what this ones will be.

ze_topazio
01-05-2016, 09:00 PM
I should say that when I "campaign" for Portugal I'm not being 100% serious because I don't believe there's any chance whatsoever of that happening, but then, they threw me a bone with that sequence in Rogue, so you never know.

cawatrooper9
01-05-2016, 09:04 PM
I should say that when I "campaign" for Portugal I'm not being 100% serious because I don't believe there's any chance whatsoever of that happening, but then, they threw me a bone with that sequence in Rogue, so you never know.

Friend, you're but one of many people who have requested a setting that I personally wouldn't have initially considered. What sets you apart, in my mind, is that you've convinced me of yours.

And yeah, the Lisbon section of Rogue was actually one of my favorite parts of the game!

cawatrooper9
01-05-2016, 09:05 PM
Nah, Empire would be in reference to the Roman Empire, so the trilogy would be different settings across one time period.

I mean, I think it's pretty open to interpretation right now... unless you know something we don't.

BananaBlighter
01-05-2016, 09:08 PM
I mean, I think it's pretty open to interpretation right now... unless you know something we don't.

Oh I thought this was confirmed by either the guy on 4chan or Kotaku, or am I getting one of those imaginary memories again. Lol I'm a nobody with a passion for this series, like I'd know anything! :p

cawatrooper9
01-05-2016, 09:17 PM
Oh I thought this was confirmed by either the guy on 4chan or Kotaku, or am I getting one of those imaginary memories again. Lol I'm a nobody with a passion for this series, like I'd know anything! :p

Lol, no worries. As far as I'm concerned, though, nothing ever posted on 4chan or Kotaku can count as "confirmed" ;)

Mr.Black24
01-05-2016, 09:22 PM
That being said, I'm very excited to not only see how Ancient Egypt is portrayed, but how the Assassins are organized before the Levantine Brotherhood.
No lie, this is perhaps the only thing that attracts my attention to Ancient Egypt.

However, I am surprised that no one wants or perhaps is even aware of Mamluk Egypt. This was soon a few decades after Altair has passed away, and the Brotherhood was no longer a political and public order. We all know that they had went underground, however, no one had realized that they were soon to become something that they despised the most; servants:

"The Syrian branch of the Assassins was taken over by the Mamluk Sultan Baibars in 1273. The Mamluks continued to use the services of the remaining Assassins: Ibn Battuta reported in the 14th century their fixed rate of pay per murder. In exchange, they were allowed to exist. Eventually, they resorted to the act of Taqq'iya (dissimulation), hiding their true identities"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassins
http://www.historynet.com/holy-terror-the-rise-of-the-order-of-assassins.htm

I have this book myself: http://www.lybrary.com/the-templars-and-the-assassins-the-militia-of-heaven-p-316913.html?gclid=CKveo-i8k8oCFYQYHwodXCEH1Q

It would be really interesting to see that for once within their earliest history, that the Assassin Order has truly a third party to contend with. Not only the Templar Order is hunting down the Assassins and consolidating power, but the Mamluks would force them to be their personal Assassins, not to mention that they had no quarrel in executing one that is disobedient. Its no longer freeing a city and stopping the Templars, nor the Templars behind the seat of another such as the Borgias, or the British/Patriot sides, rather fighting to free themselves from a dominant power that would love to see them dead if they step out of line. With the Templars nipping at their heels at the same time, it was an absolute dangerous time to be an Assassin.

Plus, the ideas that people were coming up here for Ancient Egypt can still be applied here too. But this is just my preference for an Egypt setting.

LoyalACFan
01-05-2016, 09:27 PM
That's been there since Ac1, where Altair and Richard I fistbump each other. It's part of the charm of these games. The gump factor. It's too late to cringe or feel embarassed by it.

It's fine if it happens once or twice in a game, when the characters actually have some context for interacting with each other. Hopping through time specifically to rub shoulders with a who's who list of everyone who ever set foot in a hundred-mile radius of Cairo would be intolerable.

cawatrooper9
01-05-2016, 09:33 PM
It's fine if it happens once or twice in a game, when the characters actually have some context for interacting with each other. Hopping through time specifically to rub shoulders with a who's who list of everyone who ever set foot in a hundred-mile radius of Cairo would be intolerable.

I guess it depends how it's implemented. If it's just a historical figure or two per era, it wouldn't be too bad. I thought that Churchill's appearance in ACS's rift, despite its canon-breaking nature, wasn't too cheesey. Some games in the series though, like ACIII, go a little overboard- like if during that 30ish minute foray into WWI you also met Woodrow Wilson, Lenin, Wilhelm II, and the ghost of Franz Ferdinand...

Going4Quests
01-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Please make a time anomaly in the style of Assassin's Creed Syndicate, where we have a sequel of Arno Dorian travelling to Egypt post-Unity! Ancient Egypt + Arno finale in time anomaly would be amazing imo.

Do it! :D

I-Like-Pie45
01-05-2016, 10:57 PM
Churchills appearance in ACS was bad because Churchill is actually more appropriate as a Templar ally, or even a Templar himself, when you take a moment to look at his true character in real history not what his overblown heroic image wants you to think he was. In fact Churchill was worse than Stalin, Hitler, and Thomas Jefferson in many aspects.

Woodrow Wilson by all accounts was also a horrible excuse for a uman being

Nerdman3000
01-05-2016, 11:01 PM
You know, I've been thinking. If the rumor states that UbiSoft is hoping to have the same protagonist like Ezio have his own trilogy, with the sequels set in Ancient Grece and Rome, then it makes me wonder if their setting the games around the end of the Ptolemaic dynasty, with the sequels featuring the main character involved in perhaps the events of Caesar and Cleopatra in either this game or the sequels to it.

D51-ClaudioACSy
01-05-2016, 11:12 PM
I really don't understand why there are so many people that are happy with this rumor ????? Am I the only one who really enjoyed so much Syndicate and think we should continue this way ????

In France we say : "Un tiens vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras" an I find this one in english : "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" I know what I have and I'm perfect with it. Unity revamps already AC, with errors but it was a real change. Black box missions, parkour moves, in depth customisation and so on...

Syndicate uses the Unity Engine but enhances it so perfectly. This game gives me so much fun and so many good moments that it's became the best of the Saga for me.

I'm confident in the Assassin's Creed developers team but I don't want an Assassin's creed RPG. Or only in the present day, not in the past.

It's pure nonsense !!! You can't change the past, you relive memories of your ancestors. It's the DNA of the franchise guys.

But let's see, only fools never change their minds:)

Going4Quests
01-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Who says we dont relive DNA from an ancestor? We're reliving Arno's memories through Helix because they found a descendant of him in Canada (revealed in Rogue) and uploaded his DNA, after which the Initiates hacked Abstergo's servers for them. They also found Jacob's and Evie's descendants somewhere, making them able to upload their sequences, and Juno to give us Lydia Frye sequence.

cawatrooper9
01-05-2016, 11:21 PM
Churchills appearance in ACS was bad because Churchill is actually more appropriate as a Templar ally, or even a Templar himself, when you take a moment to look at his true character in real history not what his overblown heroic image wants you to think he was. In fact Churchill was worse than Stalin, Hitler, and Thomas Jefferson in many aspects.

Right, which goes along with how he's portrayed and how is appearance is character breaking. What I mean is that it at least wasn't nearly as cheesy as it could have been.

Going4Quests
01-05-2016, 11:27 PM
Also remember, in AC3 we worked with Haytham, a templar. So I guess it can happen sometimes.. Although Haytham was Connor's father, but still..

And obviously Arno & Elise..

D51-ClaudioACSy
01-05-2016, 11:32 PM
Who says we dont relive DNA from an ancestor? We're reliving Arno's memories through Helix because they found a descendant of him in Canada (revealed in Rogue) and uploaded his DNA, after which the Initiates hacked Abstergo's servers for them. They also found Jacob's and Evie's descendants somewhere, making them able to upload their sequences, and Juno to give us Lydia Frye sequence.

It's a misunderstanding my friend I think, I say the DNA of Assassin's Creed Franchise is to relive the memories of ancestors, their DNA. You can't modify it, you can't change the past.
If they put a player progression, with the possibility to have a different skills tree at the end of the game, it doesn't make sense at all for me. Assassin's creed is not a RPG game !!!

ajl992015
01-05-2016, 11:40 PM
I liked syndicate and I usually like the year installments but I am ready for a break now. Unity is my least favourite assassins creed because I hated the story so bad. Syndicate is good but its not mind blowing, I can already think of 3 games (Fallout 4, Batman Arkham Knight, MGS5) that I played this year the blow it out the water. Though that doesn't mean we can't have assassins creed content this year. Ignoring the syndicate dlc here is a road map:

chronicle india: jan

chronicle russia: feb

july- september time:

we can have a ww1 sequel with lydia frye but hear me out.

I bring your attention to infamous first light, this was dlc for infamous second son but it also got a retail release. it was roughly 4/5 hours long in story. what if we had a small release during the summer maybe with a ww1 game based in croydon with lydia with the world being maybe 1.5-2 times the size of versailles from unity. it can have a 4-6 hour campaign with side content such as assassination contracts etc and it can get a digital and retail release for $20-30/£15-20. they can reuse syndicate assets and maybe get sofia or montpellier to make it.

October: ezio trilogy remaster for current gen consoles

december: movie

this way there isn't a large main game for people to get burnt out on but lots of smaller experiences. Something along these lines would be great and then we can be excited for the next main game in 2017.

Going4Quests
01-06-2016, 12:09 AM
It's a misunderstanding my friend I think, I say the DNA of Assassin's Creed Franchise is to relive the memories of ancestors, their DNA. You can't modify it, you can't change the past.
If they put a player progression, with the possibility to have a different skills tree at the end of the game, it doesn't make sense at all for me. Assassin's creed is not a RPG game !!!

That's not what Ubisoft intents I believe (thinking the "leak" is legit). It'd be just like the skill tree in Assassin's Creed Syndicate, but more complex, organic etc. I'd see the skilling, XP and skill tree as a first step and/or experiment in Syndicate.

BananaBlighter
01-06-2016, 12:51 AM
I really don't understand why there are so many people that are happy with this rumor ????? Am I the only one who really enjoyed so much Syndicate and think we should continue this way ????

In France we say : "Un tiens vaut mieux que deux tu l'auras" an I find this one in english : "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" I know what I have and I'm perfect with it. Unity revamps already AC, with errors but it was a real change. Black box missions, parkour moves, in depth customisation and so on...

Syndicate uses the Unity Engine but enhances it so perfectly. This game gives me so much fun and so many good moments that it's became the best of the Saga for me.

I'm confident in the Assassin's Creed developers team but I don't want an Assassin's creed RPG. Or only in the present day, not in the past.

It's pure nonsense !!! You can't change the past, you relive memories of your ancestors. It's the DNA of the franchise guys.

But let's see, only fools never change their minds:)

Another reason why I'm not as welcome to this news as many others here is precisely this. I loved Syndicate and was hoping for a Frye trilogy. If the rumour is true, all I can do is hope for some sort of mega expansion to keep us busy during 2016. Like that's going to happen.

That's not what Ubisoft intents I believe (thinking the "leak" is legit). It'd be just like the skill tree in Assassin's Creed Syndicate, but more complex, organic etc. I'd see the skilling, XP and skill tree as a first step and/or experiment in Syndicate.

Oh god please no. Syndicate's progression system is like that one thing that ruins the rest of the beautiful game for me.

jellejackhammer
01-06-2016, 12:53 AM
so i read that some people are worried about the assassin concept in this setting.
but why? people say that they are afraid it won't work without the brotherhood formation as they know it.
i hope they reailze that you don't need the formation yet to have assassin's and templars around.
this makes for a great and learnfull take on the assassin's and templar backstory.
we never seen a "primitive" form of them so i for one am very intrested to learn about how they opperated in the acient times.
and for the people worying about story purposes:am i the only one who sees this setting as a means to explore more then just the war we know?
is everybody that invested in the assassin vs templar conflict without even caring for the lore behind it all?
i know this sounds very self centered and i apoligize for that but i don't see many people realizing the purpose of this setting.to explore the first civ and it's influence on ancient egypt and it's conflicts.
if you want juno to move forward in MD then a ancient setting as the simulation is the way to do it.
clearly secrets will be uncovered in such a period,and the witcher style ubi wants to take doesn't only mean gameplay wise but also story wise.witcher is praised for it's respect to the lore. hence why i believe that this setting has been picked to involve the lore like never before and to have a story that involves assassins',templars and first civ lore all in one but way more involved.you can see the story and setting as a exploration of the deeper and darker secrets in this universe if you will.

SixKeys
01-06-2016, 01:43 AM
I'm surprised nobody is talking about the most obvious protagonist, which would be this gal:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/jungi/my-cosplay/Amunet_ACoP.png

We saw her statue way back in AC2 in Ezio's Villa. Could we be in for a female protagonist?

VoXngola
01-06-2016, 01:47 AM
I thought about Amunet too, but the 4chan dev said that we'd be playing as a guy who looks a lot like Altair, but with a darker skin and apparently he barely speaks.

SixKeys
01-06-2016, 01:52 AM
I thought about Amunet too, but the 4chan dev said that we'd be playing as a guy who looks a lot like Altair, but with a darker skin and apparently he barely speaks.

I'm going to be so disappointed if that's the case. :( Are they just gonna leave Evie and Aveline as the exceptions to the sausage party?

I-Like-Pie45
01-06-2016, 01:57 AM
I'm going to be so disappointed if that's the case. :( Are they just gonna leave Evie and Aveline as the exceptions to the sausage party?

it's just the cycle of ka completing its course

Layytez
01-06-2016, 01:58 AM
I can taste the First Civ lore already.

ze_topazio
01-06-2016, 02:08 AM
Remember this pic I made once? No? of course not, but I made a new version, Unity's map of prophecy is right again.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2qd6gxs.jpg

http://oi65.tinypic.com/vhum14.jpg

ShoryukenMan
01-06-2016, 02:12 AM
Strange that they'd be going with a stoic protagonist that barely speaks. Altair and Connor (Connor definitely speaks, but he is stoic) were kind of like that and are loved by the core fan base, but not so much when it comes to the vast, but more casual fan base.

I'd say most people probably would prefer a charismatic character, but I'm down for whatever.

ze_topazio
01-06-2016, 02:16 AM
I'm surprised nobody is talking about the most obvious protagonist, which would be this gal:

We saw her statue way back in AC2 in Ezio's Villa. Could we be in for a female protagonist?

The leaker appears to be certain the protagonist is a guy and the game is set way before the time of Cleopatra, maybe in a rift.

But some of the other rumors seem to indicate that the story is set in the time of Cleopatra, maybe a co-protagonist.

Nerdman3000
01-06-2016, 02:31 AM
It's possible she could be in the game or the sequels. If lets say one of the sequels, the Rome one for example, took place during the events of Cleopatra's death, you could have an older and aged main character of the trilogy perhaps mentoring Amunet who later kills Cleopatra.

Sorrosyss
01-06-2016, 02:34 AM

I'd love to play as Amunet. I do hope they at the very least retain the dual protagonist mechanic so we can keep gender choice in. Amunet was the one that supposedly took out Cleopatra as well. If that's the time period they are going for, it makes sense about the Rome rumours, given the ties with Mark Antony and Caesar. We also know Brutus was an Assassin too, so a fair few 'celebs' in that timeframe.

Ureh
01-06-2016, 02:50 AM
I'm kind of curious to see if it'll pick up where Arno left off. Imagine a showdown between the protag and Napoleon (or whoever has the artifact) and they're both trying to mind control each other with apples.

Locopells
01-06-2016, 02:55 AM

Damm man, you been talking to my sister?!

Civona
01-06-2016, 02:58 AM

Woodrow Wilson by all accounts was also a horrible excuse for a uman being

it's good to consider that the criteria for someone being an Assassin or Assassin affiliate isn't and shouldn't be "Was A Good Person". extreme versions of any ideal can become villainous motivations. Templars can justify overthrowing governments in the name of order (Haytham), and Assassins can justify imposing absolute control in the name of peace (Al Mualim) yet both of those things seem like they're contrary to what you'd expect from a templar or assassin.

so basically, I don't see this as any different than working for the medici in AC2

I-Like-Pie45
01-06-2016, 04:06 AM
Damm man, you been talking to my sister?!

Bears can't talk

RVSage
01-06-2016, 04:17 AM
even if the game it is in 2017 i would expect it to be in March 2017, it still falls under fiscal year for Ubisoft, I would expect a E3 or gamescom announcement, however we will have to wait and see

crusader_prophet
01-06-2016, 04:41 AM

Wouldn't you rather prefer a protagonist (male or female or either or both) that best fits the narrative arc of the game instead of forcing something or compromise the ability of the game to reach its full potential in terms of delivery? That is to say if it HAS to be female then it MUST be a female, if it HAS to be a male then it MUST be a male or if it CAN be either then it SHOULD be either way. I think we should trust the developers to make that decision.

I played Mass Effect trilogy 17 times, with 12 times as a female character. Played DA series and Skyrim as a female character one playthrough, I played the entire Syndicate including free roam and side missions as Evie, except the Jacob dedicated missions. I loved Remember Me, Tomb Raider 2013. Craved to play as Elise in AC Unity. Liz in Bioshock: Infinite and Mary Read in AC IV. Two of three characters in Destiny for me are female while the other is a non-human male. All the stats is to establish that I am not here to say that I do not like playing as a woman or that I am against it or that I am a male chauvinistic ignorant asshat.

SixKeys
01-06-2016, 05:31 AM
Wouldn't you rather prefer a protagonist (male or female or either or both) that best fits the narrative arc of the game instead of forcing something or compromise the ability of the game to reach its full potential in terms of delivery? That is to say if it HAS to be female then it MUST be a female, if it HAS to be a male then it MUST be a male or if it CAN be either then it SHOULD be either way. I think we should trust the developers to make that decision.

Yes, which is why Amunet would be perfect. She's an established part of the lore already, but if the rumors are correct, Ubi are ditching her for a new male character, just because. Amunet would provide a perfect opportunity to introduce more female characters into the series without feeling like pandering, since she already exists in the lore. It would be the most logical step.

As for trusting devs with that decision, I don't. I believe the devs would be open to creating more female protagonists, but the video game industry is old-fashioned and we know for a fact that marketing often puts pressure on devs to create a character they think will sell best, which 99% of the time is a male. We currently have 9 games with a male protagonist, and only 3 with a female. I'm being generous and including Chronicles: China in that number. Even Syndicate is mainly Jacob's story, he gets all the best main missions. So technically we only have 2.5 games with a leading lady. Are you seriously suggesting that devs created 9 games with a male protagonist because the story just absolutely demanded one? What exactly would have been different if Connor had been a woman, for example? What if instead of a third Ezio game we would have had a new protagonist, a Turkish woman in ACR? What if instead of Arno we would have played as Elise, who was arguably the more interesting character? There is nothing in the narrative arc of those games that demands a male lead. People keep trotting out the excuse that the devs should be free to tell whatever stories they want, but forgive me if I think it's a little suspect that 9/10 times they want to tell stories only from the male perspective.

crusader_prophet
01-06-2016, 06:04 AM
Yes, which is why Amunet would be perfect. She's an established part of the lore already, but if the rumors are correct, Ubi are ditching her for a new male character, just because. Amunet would provide a perfect opportunity to introduce more female characters into the series without feeling like pandering, since she already exists in the lore. It would be the most logical step.

I see your point and I also think it would be cool to see a female operative back in the days when it was evidently a male dominated era. I would love to see her go against Cleo, although she was poisoned and probably no fight was involved. Even if it is not Amunet, I think considering the rumor of a slave, it will make perfect sense for a sex-worker to escape from her master and form a purpose to join the order. But again we don't know the exact era or the context of the settings of the game.

As for trusting devs with that decision, I don't. I believe the devs would be open to creating more female protagonists, but the video game industry is old-fashioned and we know for a fact that marketing often puts pressure on devs to create a character they think will sell best, which 99% of the time is a male.

I trust the developers, but I do not trust or respect their publishers.

We currently have 9 games with a male protagonist, and only 3 with a female. I'm being generous and including Chronicles: China in that number. Even Syndicate is mainly Jacob's story, he gets all the best main missions. So technically we only have 2.5 games with a leading lady.

I will not be that kind, we have 0.5 game with a female protagonist (because Only Syndicate is the main entry).

Are you seriously suggesting that devs created 9 games with a male protagonist because the story just absolutely demanded one? What exactly would have been different if Connor had been a woman, for example? What if instead of a third Ezio game we would have had a new protagonist, a Turkish woman in ACR? What if instead of Arno we would have played as Elise, who was arguably the more interesting character? There is nothing in the narrative arc of those games that demands a male lead. People keep trotting out the excuse that the devs should be free to tell whatever stories they want, but forgive me if I think it's a little suspect that 9/10 times they want to tell stories only from the male perspective.

I would argue with Revelations, seeing Ezio's journey end and his admiration for Altair was one of the biggest highlight of that game. Playing as a female Turkish assassin would not have created that much of a lasting impression of that game to me as it did in its current form. But I do agree with your argument for AC Unity. I think the story would have been much more interesting if we had played Elise as a templar. The perspective of a female templar in love with an assassin but with her own personal vendetta - UbiSoft missed a great opportunity there. As far as Connor is concerned, with a female lead in the colonial Americas I am not sure how the interactions would have went with the lead NPCs being someone who does not take orders from men and wants to get involved in political affairs, but sure it would have been intriguing. Most likely would have taken her as a witch (joke).

In summary I am only suggesting that the developers should create the best experience they can without pandering (in your words), whether that is a male or female or both or either. Sorry I did not want to cause offense.

nukelukespuke34
01-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Remember this pic I made once? No? of course not, but I made a new version, Unity's map of prophecy is right again.

http://oi61.tinypic.com/2qd6gxs.jpg

http://oi65.tinypic.com/vhum14.jpg

Personally I'm still waiting for these two:
http://i.imgur.com/PfQv2Cw.jpg

Saith-Masu
01-06-2016, 09:32 AM
One simple question: How you guys came to the conclusion that this will happen? I mean, after all rumors are rumors. Every year there is some fake rumor spreading arround with the exception of last, because pictures got leaked and one cannot argue against screenshots can we? But as it stands, im still very careful with what is spread over the wide net, because im not making the same mistake 1000 times till i get it. Unless news come from Ubisoft, there is no game set in egypt.

Civona
01-06-2016, 09:33 AM
it's kind of weird to me that people only ever talk about china and japan. why only those two? I bet there are a ton of asian countries that are less well-represented in historical fiction.

Civona
01-06-2016, 09:34 AM
One simple question: How you guys came to the conclusion that this will happen? I mean, after all rumors are rumors. Every year there is some fake rumor spreading arround with the exception of last, because pictures got leaked and one cannot argue against screenshots can we? But as is stands, im still very careful with what is spread over the wide net, because im not making the same mistake 1000 times till i get it. Unless news come from Ubisoft, there is no game set in egypt.

because the last two games have been accurately leaked, and the people who leaked them those times confirmed the rumor this time.

Civona
01-06-2016, 09:49 AM
I think the way it sounded in Dead Kings was that there was a fully-formed Egyptian order there. It would make more sense for you to be an Egyptian descendant in the anomaly. After all, Arno likely has his own problems in France during the Napoleonic War.

It seems likely that Napoleon would make an appearance in an anomaly like that, and also that arno would be name-dropped as the person who sent the Egyptian order the Apple.

Saith-Masu
01-06-2016, 09:50 AM
because the last two games have been accurately leaked, and the people who leaked them those times confirmed the rumor this time.

The year Unity came out there was first a fake leak people believed its true. A user wrote some notes that looked accurate, but they were not. Turned out to be fake.
The last year Assassins Creed Codename "Victory" was leaked with screenshots from the site called: Kotaku. Those were no rumors, those were leaks, since screenhots are not to argue about.

Civona
01-06-2016, 10:12 AM
The year Unity came out there was first a fake leak people believed its true. A user wrote some notes that looked accurate, but they were not. Turned out to be fake.
The last year Assassins Creed Codename "Victory" was leaked with screenshots from the site called: Kotaku. Those were no rumors, those were leaks, since screenhots are not to argue about.

uh, you're ignoring the fact that Kotaku leaked Unity and Rogue accurately that year, regardless of whatever fake rumors there were.

Screenshots can be easily faked, they don't matter as much as the trustworthiness of the source. Kotaku is 3 for 3 with providing accurate information from inside sources about Assassin's Creed, not to mention the many other game rumors they've accurately confirmed and debunked.

but I suppose you are free to be proved wrong if you really want to be.

Saith-Masu
01-06-2016, 10:58 AM
uh, you're ignoring the fact that Kotaku leaked Unity and Rogue accurately that year, regardless of whatever fake rumors there were.

Screenshots can be easily faked, they don't matter as much as the trustworthiness of the source. Kotaku is 3 for 3 with providing accurate information from inside sources about Assassin's Creed, not to mention the many other game rumors they've accurately confirmed and debunked.

but I suppose you are free to be proved wrong if you really want to be.

so you can confirm this now? nice, sratch the rumor from this site, its confirmed: you said its true.

Ok good to know that rumors = always true 3/3.
or wait 4/4 even.
Good job.

king-hailz
01-06-2016, 11:49 AM
This is very fake. First of all, Ubisoft have already ruled out a game set in Egypt, they also cancelled the possibility of Egypt being a setting when they cancelled Osiris. Egypt would be a terrible setting for AC in terms of free running, less buildings than in AC3. I have always wanted it buy realised it wouldn't happen. Also the fact that they day they are going to revamp it again is stupid. Unity was the revamp and they are gonna use that brand new next gen engine for the next couple of games, they aren't gonna spend anymore time or money in it. Also the fact that they say there isn't gonna be a game in 2016 is very unlikely. Their movie is going to be released that year and they wouldn't miss out on the sales, which would most likely spike next year especially since Syndicates are so low compared to other AC games. They will use this as marketing push to bring AC back into people's minds.

This is not going to happen, coming from someone who always wanted it to happen.

joelsantos24
01-06-2016, 12:13 PM
This is very fake. First of all, Ubisoft have already ruled out a game set in Egypt, they also cancelled the possibility of Egypt being a setting when they cancelled Osiris. Egypt would be a terrible setting for AC in terms of free running, less buildings than in AC3. I have always wanted it buy realised it wouldn't happen. Also the fact that they day they are going to revamp it again is stupid. Unity was the revamp and they are gonna use that brand new next gen engine for the next couple of games, they aren't gonna spend anymore time or money in it. Also the fact that they say there isn't gonna be a game in 2016 is very unlikely. Their movie is going to be released that year and they wouldn't miss out on the sales, which would most likely spike next year especially since Syndicates are so low compared to other AC games. They will use this as marketing push to bring AC back into people's minds.

This is not going to happen, coming from someone who always wanted it to happen.
I could not disagree any more.

First, no one said they were creating a new engine, that is a ludicrous assumption. Second, no one said anything about Ancient Egypt being previously and completely ruled out as a setting for an AC game. Third, I am under the impression you do not have actual perception of how Ancient Egypt's cities used to be like. Cities like Thebes, Memphis, Alexandria and Amarna were vastly populated. And if you think the cities were merely a conglomerate of 6-7 buildings in a sea of sand, you could not be more mistaken. The greatest Ancient Egypt's cities were vast, and vastly populated. Fourth, I also believe they are going to capitalize on the movie this year, but most likely by releasing the long overdue anthology on the new generation. Fifth, whether or not it is going to happen, only Ubisoft can say for sure, but I believe we will know (either way) soon enough.

AherasSTRG
01-06-2016, 12:29 PM
3D representation of the Luxor Temple in Ancient Thebes, built in 1400 BC:
http://discoveringegypt.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/luxorTemple1-871x495.jpg

I really love this rumor. However, there are 2 things that seem off (pardon me if it has already been covered):
1. The fact that the 'dev' states that the game was going to take place way before the Templars or the Assassins even existed. Are you kidding me? Templars and Assassins have been around since Eve and Adam had offsprings.
2. The fact that the dev states that they are going really really back in time. As I interpret it, that means at least 1000 BC, but then he says that they are thinking about making a trilogy with the protagonist visiting Ancient Greece and Rome. Rome wasn't even a thing until 400 BC or so.

Saith-Masu
01-06-2016, 12:50 PM
thx to Civona, we now know its no rumor. Stop spreading rumors. Game is set in Egypt 100%. Nothing to discuss about, because Cinova talked to God Almighty and knows more than any of us. So lets stop to assume this is a fake or rumor, its accurate in any way possible.

Irony off

m4r-k7
01-06-2016, 12:54 PM
I really love this rumor. However, there are 2 things that seem off (pardon me if it has already been covered):
1. The fact that the 'dev' states that the game was going to take place way before the Templars or the Assassins even existed. Are you kidding me? Templars and Assassins have been around since Eve and Adam had offsprings.
2. The fact that the dev states that they are going really really back in time. As I interpret it, that means at least 1000 BC, but then he says that they are thinking about making a trilogy with the protagonist visiting Ancient Greece and Rome. Rome wasn't even a thing until 400 BC or so.

These are good points. If it was just for the 4chan developer who was leaking this stuff I wouldn't believe it, but the fact that Kotaku was given information about it from other sources makes it much more likely. I am guessing by Ancient they mean any period BC, which on its own is much further back in time than any AC game they have done before. I think there will be Assassins and Templars but they may be known as different groups - i.e we may see the formation of the Templars as we know them today. I would really appreciate a game that looks into the origins of the brotherhood and order.

What I am curious about is whether there will be a new engine for this game. IMO the Unity and Syndicate engine was built for larger cities (tall buildings, weird angled rooftops etc). The Unity and Syndicate engine IMO was not as great as the AC 1 - AC R engine or the AC 3 and AC 4 engine. Something is very clunky about Unity and Syndicate when compared to lets say the free running in AC 4. So I am hoping there will be a new engine. However, when there is a new engine there are normally tons of bugs to go with it - so lets hope this extra year is used to extra polish whatever engine they are using.

ze_topazio
01-06-2016, 01:00 PM
While some cities of ancient Egypt had a considerable size, most of the cities would be made of residential buildings and they looked like this, therefore the talks of fully seamless world, since the cities would be fairly small and the buildings even smaller.

http://www.vazyvite.com/photo_div/Louxor/A_Louxor/louxor_karnak.jpg

http://www.altair4.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ancient-egypt.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FCH8ODA6BfQ/maxresdefault.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_zVFN22r07Y/VLYorEJr36I/AAAAAAAALZc/LnH6RW75Xoc/s1600/aegypten_amarna_01.jpg

http://www.hugova.be/KEMET/img2-EGYPTOLOGIE/Deir-El-Medina/DeirElMedina-740-normaal.jpg

http://aytch.mnsu.edu/URBS110/Egypt/Deir-el-Medina%20(view).JPG

http://www.gridclub.com/subscribers/info/fact_gadget_2009/images/qa1c04f11.jpg

http://www.crystalinks.com/EgyptNobleHouse.jpg

MikeFNY
01-06-2016, 01:02 PM
thx to Civona, we now know its no rumor. Stop spreading rumors. Game is set in Egypt 100%. Nothing to discuss about, because Cinova talked to God Almighty and knows more than any of us. So lets stop to assume this is a fake or rumor, its accurate in any way possible.

Irony off

Come on :)

The rumour is out there, some believe it, some not, in fact ...

Their movie is going to be released that year and they wouldn't miss out on the sales

This is actually very true, I find it hard to believe that on the year of the movie we will not get any games. But it's also true that some believe that we could get the first set of games, HD remastered for the new generation consoles which in a way would make sense since many of those who will watch the movie will know very little or nothing at all about the series.

dxsxhxcx
01-06-2016, 01:18 PM

He probably meant that it may take place before both Orders were known as Assassins and Templars;

Irony off

No one here is denying the fact that this is a rumor, but there's precedent for it to become reality since "reliable" sources that were right about the previous leaks are backing it up, also it's not like we have much to do here because the time of speculations and theories about what was going to happen next in AC are long gone. No need to be aggressive towards other members either.

While some cities of ancient Egypt had a considerable size, most of the cities would be made of residential buildings and they looked like this, therefore the talks of fully seamless world, since the cities would be fairly small and the buildings even smaller.

These images scream AC1, (IMO) the game with the best atmosphere of all AC games, one more reason to want this rumor to be real.. :D

ze_topazio
01-06-2016, 01:46 PM
We have to remember that before Altair changed the brotherhood, Al Mualim had himself changed it years before, we have some evidence actually that before Al Mualim the brotherhood worked in a similar manner to how the after-Altair brotherhood works, and if not they can easily retcon that.

Personally I'm still waiting for these two:
http://i.imgur.com/PfQv2Cw.jpg

I would like to see this too.

http://oi66.tinypic.com/15yyh47.jpg

ERICATHERINE
01-06-2016, 02:51 PM
Bears can't talk

Bears can't write or use a pc either, you know. :rolleyes:

Going4Quests
01-06-2016, 03:50 PM
I think the way it sounded in Dead Kings was that there was a fully-formed Egyptian order there. It would make more sense for you to be an Egyptian descendant in the anomaly. After all, Arno likely has his own problems in France during the Napoleonic War.

It seems likely that Napoleon would make an appearance in an anomaly like that, and also that arno would be name-dropped as the person who sent the Egyptian order the Apple.

He traveled to Egypt it seems post Dead Kings at one point when Napoleon went there, and before Robert Fraser (the Modern Day character) got executed by Abstergo agents he leaked out (these) unsequenced Arno Dorian memories to the Assassins.

joelsantos24
01-06-2016, 03:55 PM

http://www.vazyvite.com/photo_div/Louxor/A_Louxor/louxor_karnak.jpg

http://www.altair4.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/ancient-egypt.jpg

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/FCH8ODA6BfQ/maxresdefault.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-_zVFN22r07Y/VLYorEJr36I/AAAAAAAALZc/LnH6RW75Xoc/s1600/aegypten_amarna_01.jpg

http://www.hugova.be/KEMET/img2-EGYPTOLOGIE/Deir-El-Medina/DeirElMedina-740-normaal.jpg

http://aytch.mnsu.edu/URBS110/Egypt/Deir-el-Medina (view).JPG

http://www.gridclub.com/subscribers/info/fact_gadget_2009/images/qa1c04f11.jpg

http://www.crystalinks.com/EgyptNobleHouse.jpg
I'm sorry, but cities like Karnak (I had forgotten about Karnak), Memphis, Alexandria and Thebes, were anything except small. Quite the opposite actually, these were the most important cities in the Ancient Kingdom, so they were heavily populated, constructed, fortified and guarded. And we must not forget the slaves' complex, where hundreds of thousands of Hebrews lived.
With cities such as these, the game would feel much bigger than AC2, Brotherhood or Revelations. I, for once, wish we can go back to the basis of the series, with different cities and maps, and having to travel in between, rather than having just the one city and corresponding map.

(...)

This is actually very true, I find it hard to believe that on the year of the movie we will not get any games. But it's also true that some believe that we could get the first set of games, HD remastered for the new generation consoles which in a way would make sense since many of those who will watch the movie will know very little or nothing at all about the series.
Yeah, there is also another rumor that states that Ubisoft is likely to release the (longly overdue) AC anthology on the new generation, at the end of the year.

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm sorry, but cities like Karnak (I had forgotten about Karnak), Memphis, Alexandria and Thebes, were anything except small. Quite the opposite actually, these were the most important cities in the Ancient Kingdom, so they were heavily populated, constructed, fortified and guarded. And we must not forget the slaves' complex, where hundreds of thousands of Hebrews lived.

I think what he means is that they're smaller than cities like Paris or London (of which we didn't even have access to the entire city in Syndicate). Cities in Ancient Egypt are bound to be smaller and have shorter buildings than those during the Industrial Revolution, but that doesn't mean that they can't still be incredibly impressive!

joelsantos24
01-06-2016, 04:05 PM
I think what he means is that they're smaller than cities like Paris or London (of which we didn't even have access to the entire city in Syndicate). Cities in Ancient Egypt are bound to be smaller and have shorter buildings than those during the Industrial Revolution, but that doesn't mean that they can't still be incredibly impressive!
Actually, I'm not entirely sure that the greatest cities of the Ancient Kingdom are not comparable to Rome or Paris, for instance. And the buildings are different? Well, obviously. I do not see what is wrong with being different from Paris or London.

ze_topazio
01-06-2016, 04:16 PM
What I meant is that the cities are not the grandiose monumental spectacle that you can often see in fiction, "fanart and the popular imaginary, temples aside (who usually were located outside of the cities), 90% of the cities were made of those very similar looking one story buildings, fascinating on its own way but people who were disappointed with the colonial American cities but have this idolized idea of ancient Egypt may end up disappointed again.

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Actually, I'm not entirely sure that the greatest cities of the Ancient Kingdom are not comparable to Rome or Paris, for instance. And the buildings are different? Well, obviously. I do not see what is wrong with being different from Paris or London.

Well, after some quick research because I too was curious (by no means conclusive), the highest estimate I could find for Thebes population at any time in ancient history was about 120,000, and about 100,000 for Memphis.

The population of Paris during the 1790s was around 550,000 to 600,000.

I found London around the 1860s to be between a staggering 2,320,000 and 4,241,000.

I'd be interested if people had any input on the accuracy of this, or if anyone has any input on area size.

Regardless, I think it's pretty clear that advancement of technology and the Industrial Revolution really did quite a bit to enhance urbanization.

m4r-k7
01-06-2016, 05:02 PM
If the cities are like AC 1 cities I won't complain at all. In my opinion, free running, fighting and exploring in such atmospheric cities in AC 1 is still greater than any of the later games.

SixKeys
01-06-2016, 05:29 PM
If the cities are like AC 1 cities I won't complain at all. In my opinion, free running, fighting and exploring in such atmospheric cities in AC 1 is still greater than any of the later games.

+1

Those images that were posted depicting ancient Egyptian cities very much give me an AC1 vibe. I would love to freerun in those environments.

Guys....I just thought of something.

Remember that trailer for an upcoming Ubi game, Eagle's Flight? If they are indeed planning to give the protagonist a pet bird that could be used to scout ahead, it would totally make sense considering how much Ubi loves recycling assets and concepts from other games. At first I thought the pet eagle idea sounded fake, but now I'm a little more convinced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7NAySeF4Y8

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 05:35 PM

Remember that trailer for an upcoming Ubi game, Eagle's Flight? If they are indeed planning to give the protagonist a pet bird that could be used to scout ahead, it would totally make sense considering how much Ubi loves recycling assets and concepts from other games. At first I thought the pet eagle idea sounded fake, but now I'm a little more convinced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7NAySeF4Y8

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. It would be cool if you really got that much freedom with it.

m4r-k7
01-06-2016, 05:37 PM
^ Also in Far Cry Primal you use a bird to mark enemies and stuff. Im not going to lie, I don't really like the idea of a pet bird as it doesn't make much sense having a pet that can spot enemies and report back to you xD

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 05:39 PM
Classic Ubisoft. It's why I love 'em, though.

crusader_prophet
01-06-2016, 05:42 PM

Yeah I thought of that one too and also remember the eagle vision experiment they did in London with a camera hooked up to a real eagle before Syndicate release?

https://youtu.be/g4hOJj1hd0M

Those images that were posted depicting ancient Egyptian cities very much give me an AC1 vibe. I would love to freerun in those environments.

AC1 environment is nostalgic to me...and also playing AC1 gave me a feeling of home away from home. If I had to time travel to live somewhere, that is the environment I would live in.

SixKeys
01-06-2016, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. It would be cool if you really got that much freedom with it.

Probably not, it would require a hell of a lot from the engine to load cities as detailed and full of NPCs as AC for great distances. It'll probably be a mixture of the eagle flight power from ToKW and Connor's trippy dream with Juno. Having small perches here and there where the eagle has to stop and rest before continuing to allow the world to load.

Going4Quests
01-06-2016, 05:51 PM
Probably not, it would require a hell of a lot from the engine to load cities as detailed and full of NPCs as AC for great distances. It'll probably be a mixture of the eagle flight power from ToKW and Connor's trippy dream with Juno. Having small perches here and there where the eagle has to stop and rest before continuing to allow the world to load.

If they can get the great rendering optimisation from Far Cry 4 it should be possible. When flying and driving at max speed through Kyrat I never drop to 59 fps at ultra.

SixKeys
01-06-2016, 06:07 PM
If they can get the great rendering optimisation from Far Cry 4 it should be possible. When flying and driving at max speed through Kyrat I never drop to 59 fps at ultra.

Judging by your sig, you have a powerful rig. PC always looks a little better. Remember, these games are developed primarily for console technology.

ze_topazio
01-06-2016, 06:17 PM
Using a new Eagle vision ability that allows you to see what your pet eagle sees for a few seconds.

crusader_prophet
01-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Judging by your sig, you have a powerful rig. PC always looks a little better. Remember, these games are developed primarily for console technology.

I also played FC4 but on PS3, didn't have any rendering issues to be honest while driving or flying. I am thinking if they go for smaller cities separated by deserts it could be possible to virtually have seamless rendering while flying.

True_Assassin92
01-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Hopefully, this rumour is true. Like some already noticed it seems like they're implementing some ideas that have been suggested years back, like the pet eagle for example. I guess the mechanic for it will be tested in Far Cry Primal (pet owl).

Going4Quests
01-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Yea, imo it is most obviously that Eagle Flight is a spin off from AC3 Juno thing and that the eagle in "Empire" will be more complex owl pet from FC Primal. :)

I think theres a lot of experiments in the last few games for the upcoming games, like how an upgraded "Thames" with boats will be present in Empire, but with interiors and sailable. ^^

Vrabac98
01-06-2016, 06:39 PM
http://assemblergames.com/l/attachments/bogdanmrk_thi_17-jpg.12578/

Going4Quests
01-06-2016, 06:41 PM
EDIT: It's a fake. Searched the picture with Google and got this: https://www.behance.net/gallery/17178893/Treasure-Hunter-Institute-Ubisoft-20092010

EDIT2: Well, but it is official Ubisoft art, just from a cancelled game it seems.

RVSage
01-06-2016, 06:47 PM
concept of osiris mostly

Going4Quests
01-06-2016, 06:55 PM
concept of osiris mostly

Nope, something completely different called "Treasure Hunter Institute " and cancelled. Might have been used for Osiris later on though, and maybe if we're Lucky for "Empire"? But atm it's just from a canceled Ubisoft game from 2009. :s

pacmanate
01-06-2016, 06:57 PM
Yea, imo it is most obviously that Eagle Flight is a spin off from AC3 Juno thing and that the eagle in "Empire" will be more complex owl pet from FC Primal. :)

I think theres a lot of experiments in the last few games for the upcoming games, like how an upgraded "Thames" with boats will be present in Empire, but with interiors and sailable. ^^

Well according to Patrice, skinning animals was supposed to be part of the AC1 kingdom sections but it was cut, later to appear in AC3. And the horse riding in cities from PoP:Assassin's was put into AC Brotherhood. AC3's naval was a tease for AC4 for sure.

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm really looking forward to any sort of info we get on Empire (if it indeed exists) but I'd be pretty disappointed if this was all we got, anyway- it's not very revealing at all, except that it would have confirmed that at least part of the game is set in Egypt

ShoryukenMan
01-06-2016, 08:33 PM
All this talk about taking the year off... and I want this game already.

The hype is strong with this one.

pacmanate
01-06-2016, 08:40 PM
All this talk about taking the year off... and I want this game already.

I'm actually enjoying this wait for the Egypt game, but as you said the hype... it could potentially ruin it.

Honestly, if there is no sandstorm mechanic where you have to use Eagle Vision to see past it I will be very sad.

cawatrooper9
01-06-2016, 08:42 PM

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of...

In today's current gaming community, letting this kind of hype incubate for nearly two years is basically ensuring that lots of people are going to be disappointed, no matter how good the game's quality really is.

BananaBlighter
01-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Now that a lot of us have pretty much accepted this is likely true, what happens if it turns out not to be?

pacmanate
01-06-2016, 09:57 PM
Now that a lot of us have pretty much accepted this is likely true, what happens if it turns out now to be?

Assuming that was supposed to say "not to be", not really bothered. However it will show Ubisoft that an Egypt game is something a lot of people want and will hopefully make it as a game in the near future