PDA

View Full Version : Glaz - Is it OP?

MrAelon
01-02-2016, 11:21 AM
Recently I've been playing a buttload of Glaz. After the Beta I was really doubting it's power, thinking the operator was only useful on maps like House where you have a clear vantage point from outside overlooking an important part of the map (in this case either the top floor corridor or the garage after blasting open the far left wall).

However, after having to do a few head shot challenges, I found Glaz is insanely strong inside aswel! If you take your time, follow in at the back of your team and have a vague idea of where the enemy is hiding out you will love this puppy. Seeing as an attacker most of the time you can control the distance between you and your enemy I hardly ever find myself in situations in which the attacker has an advantage over me with his of her gun. Most of the time my team and myself try to force someone out of there original position by pushing up a bit and making a inside view point (corridor, blasted doorway etc.) for Glaz. This works incredibly well! It is extremely easy to pick off players and, when you don't land a headshot, the bullet damage injures your enemy to a point where they are easy to pick off for your team. Now another benefit is the satisfying feeling after landing a sneaky, unexpected, headshot in a room in which the enemy thinks Glaz has no options. A lot of times team mates will start switching positions giving your team that split second to breach and finish the game.

To be honest, I am a bit afraid Glaz might get nerved. Perhaps a different scope will be added or the damage per bullet will drop making it less useful inside. I am wondering what your thoughts and opinions about Glaz are. Do you feel the same or am I overlooking a major flaw?

For anyone that might be interested, in my videos you see a lot of Glaz gameplay. I advise to watch the NERVE WRECKING ROUND video which explains a bit of what I'm trying to say here (although it was a 1 v 3 situation). This feels a bit like shameless self promotion but I mainly want to get my point across. If this bothers people I will remove the video from the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xlld9Vu33Vk

l Sphinx l
01-02-2016, 02:35 PM
In my opinion Glaz is most definitely nowhere near overpowered.

It takes a certain type of player and a certain skill to be competent with a long range or semi automatic weapon indoors, where the enemy are generally bullet-spraying fanatics. I love the thought of using Glaz, but personally I'm not good nor patient enough for him just yet. I'm still used to more Gung Ho types of games so it's a work in progress for me.

In general I feel that Ubi has done a great job in balancing operators, and a better job in ensuring only one may be selected per round. This eliminates any overpowering even if it were present. The only slight downside I feel with some operators is their gun damage in comparison to others. Smoke for example has a pretty dreadful damage output when compared to Castle or Kapkan, and there's no real reason for that.

secrecy274
01-03-2016, 02:37 AM
Nice video.
Yeah, at the moment I don't feel any Operator is overpowered, everyone has a hard-counter, the only black sheep being Blitz. And he's easy enough to take down with some tactics or good positioning.

MrAelon
01-03-2016, 12:30 PM
In my opinion Glaz is most definitely nowhere near overpowered.

It takes a certain type of player and a certain skill to be competent with a long range or semi automatic weapon indoors, where the enemy are generally bullet-spraying fanatics. I love the thought of using Glaz, but personally I'm not good nor patient enough for him just yet. I'm still used to more Gung Ho types of games so it's a work in progress for me.

In general I feel that Ubi has done a great job in balancing operators, and a better job in ensuring only one may be selected per round. This eliminates any overpowering even if it were present. The only slight downside I feel with some operators is their gun damage in comparison to others. Smoke for example has a pretty dreadful damage output when compared to Castle or Kapkan, and there's no real reason for that.

I think you're right for the most part, however I've seen an increase in Glaz domination at Ranked matches. What probably will happen is that once the most popular classes (Fuze, Blitz, Mute etc.) will be less played by newcomers people will get a bit more experience with Glaz and discover it's potential. I do agree it takes a certain type of player, but I think in R6S there are a lot of "slow" players which fits the profile of Glaz.

Ubi did do a great job at balancing though, have to hand you that. ; )

MrAelon
01-03-2016, 12:31 PM
Nice video.
Yeah, at the moment I don't feel any Operator is overpowered, everyone has a hard-counter, the only black sheep being Blitz. And he's easy enough to take down with some tactics or good positioning.

Thank you! I still have such a hard time countering Blitz : p Most of the time I panick if I don't have a nitro cell at hand.