PDA

View Full Version : Should the Shadow Council website be closed?

LichArch
12-29-2015, 02:56 AM
I think it should, straight to the point my reasons:

- The way of communication is impossible with the facebook-like system and character limitation. I cannot seriously conceive it is being used to gather feedback. Seems unreal and counter-productive.

- Feedback from the fans was ignored anyway. It is more like a showcase from the MM Team rather than a platform for the developers to work with the community.

I know I wasn't the most active user down there but I've been lurking a lot and almost from the start and these are my impressions.

Antalyan
12-29-2015, 11:38 AM
The only thing which could probably be closed is the comments section. As long as it is H7's official website, it cannot be closed. But it should make webmaster (whoever it is) to think about this site and finally update it with things like warfares and towntrees. It is strange when different fansites are much more updated than the official one.

Antalyan
12-29-2015, 11:39 AM
About the feedback, I agree official forums or HC offer much better way for it.

Haraz
12-29-2015, 03:57 PM
C'est Úvident que ce blog est devenu le repaire de pseudo fans qui rendent la discussion impossible, honte Ó eux!

LichArch
12-30-2015, 03:24 AM
The only thing which could probably be closed is the comments section.
I agree closing the comment section at least.

C'est Úvident que ce blog est devenu le repaire de pseudo fans qui rendent la discussion impossible, honte Ó eux!
Hello pal can you speak in english please? I don't understand you right now.

LichArch
12-30-2015, 06:05 PM
If it's not too much to ask, I'd be willing to hear the opinion of the people voting No.

Antalyan
01-03-2016, 05:50 PM
If it's not too much to ask, I'd be willing to hear the opinion of the people voting No.

I think the question would rather be, why Yes? The first reason you write: how comments work. Every site has a bit different system. Does it mean you want to close all the websites with systems of communication you don't prefer? The second reason you write: the feedback is ignored. Many has been written about it. Some people still think they listen to us, some don't. Actually they might be listening and we don't have to know it. Game development is not like "we hear something - we will do it". Every change, no matter how minor, has to be discussed and approved by many people in the team (gomaki posted about it on HC several weeks ago). And even if they are not listening - does it mean you want to close all the Ubi websites? Or all the websites nobody listens to?

But to answer your question: SC is a place where people can get information about H7 if they don't know it, although the website is not finished. It is also the place where people from different countries post and share there opinions, no matter how different they are. It is good to know what the other people think, sometimes it helped to understand something or get another views on the problem.
If you look at the older articles, you can see how H7 development looked like, what has (not) changed. What were people thinking and how there opinions changed. I guess there are many other things.

I don't know what you usually do but when I don't like some website, I usually leave it. I don't ask for closing it because some people may like it.

LichArch
01-04-2016, 01:46 AM
No I ask about people voting No as this is the opinion I'm curious about. What is their reason, this website is just as you say, a showcase where you can see what's going on, but by no means a platform to interact with fans, aside doing PR. If you think otherwise you're just being naive or delusional. Even the votes, just to give the illusion. Even #GURS seemed fake.

As for you suggesting me to leave, I feel concerned as a fan and I think the website has done no good, on top of being useless, therefore I see no point in it, at least for the fans. Admit it, it's just a huge chatroom for kids, nothing else.

Wintermist
01-04-2016, 08:44 AM
If the site isn't good, then make it good. Why would you close it altogether? That's a pretty childish way to view things.

LichArch
01-04-2016, 10:18 AM
I think it should be closed because it is not what it is supposed to be. It is being said Shadow Council is how the "game is made with the community" but it isn't true.

And "make it good" is a funny thing to say.

Wintermist
01-09-2016, 10:07 AM
Yeah, "make it good". If a website is lacking then you fix it, there's no reason to close a whole website down just because it doesn't do what you want it to do.

You want it to do something, yet you would rather close it than to actually make it do what you wanted it to do in the first place. Now do you understand?