PDA

View Full Version : operator bufs (Rook&Castle)

xXinthefaceeXx
12-23-2015, 11:11 PM
I've been playing rss on xbone since day one (and beta and alpha) and every time i get the same problem with two operators, Rook and Castle. Rook is a hit or miss op because his armor isn't too great. i have noticed that if you have it on and go down, if you are revived, you revive with extra health, not much though. it just docent give enough protection. like, for example, if i have it on, it takes 1-2 more bullets from an SMG to kill me. with the high damage ratios this game has, that makes pretty much no difference. also, Castle's window/door reinforcements. they are pretty much useless. like almost anything can poop on those things. I'm not asking much from castle, but maybe make it take two breaching charges to destroy it instead of one. like, if sledge's main "power" is a sledgehammer, that nobody else can have, thats 100% understandable that it should 1 hit castles defenses, but a breaching charge, that everyone can pretty much get, can also one hit it? that right there makes no since.

Cashm0nae
12-24-2015, 05:12 PM
I've been playing rss on xbone since day one (and beta and alpha) and every time i get the same problem with two operators, Rook and Castle. Rook is a hit or miss op because his armor isn't too great. i have noticed that if you have it on and go down, if you are revived, you revive with extra health, not much though. it just docent give enough protection. like, for example, if i have it on, it takes 1-2 more bullets from an SMG to kill me. with the high damage ratios this game has, that makes pretty much no difference. also, Castle's window/door reinforcements. they are pretty much useless. like almost anything can poop on those things. I'm not asking much from castle, but maybe make it take two breaching charges to destroy it instead of one. like, if sledge's main "power" is a sledgehammer, that nobody else can have, thats 100% understandable that it should 1 hit castles defenses, but a breaching charge, that everyone can pretty much get, can also one hit it? that right there makes no since.

Rook's armor increases your team's armor and their chances of going to DBNO when shot, no extra health gains. That said it can have big impacts on the team, ie heavy armor defenders can take 3 Glaz shots where as before they only take 2, and people being able to take some extra pistol shots from a shield. I don't know when you'll be taking SMG shots as a defender, since attackers don't have access to them. Dat mp5 tho, is a death machine.

Castle is very frequently misplayed, in casual matches castle's efforts are usually undermined by the rest of the team's defense deployment, or the castle has no idea how to make use of his kit. Typically you seen much more effective castle deployment in rank matches. Just my observation.

BerzekerS
12-29-2015, 02:08 AM
I don't really have much to say about Rook other than that his armor has probably saved my *** more than I can count, having the abilty to take an extra bullet before having a higher chance of going into a DBNO state means a lot when you're peaking around a corner in a firefight, plus, Rook is a bloody tank, even against ARs.

Castle, oh Castle. Honestly one of the most annyoing defenders if they are good.
Yes, he can be countered by Sledge, Ash or nearly anyone with a Breach charge as you said, but when I'm playing Tatcher (stun-grenades) and i'm running with a Montagne infront, you kinda feel useless when you see a Castle'd off doorway/window and you're left with no other option to either consume important time to get a breacher with you, or have to find another way.
With a good Bandit/Castle/Mute setup on your team, you can literally block off any entry point in the game, that's my experience with it at least.

DBD Evilbrownie
12-31-2015, 04:32 PM
Mute + Castle don't have to worry about breaching charges so it makes it a lot harder to get through and for rook do rook + doc ppl go DBNO 90% of the time and doc can pick them up fast.

secrecy274
01-14-2016, 08:08 PM
I love Castle, his Barricades combined with a drone lets me take out their entire team without them being able to return fire.

Bronystony64
01-15-2016, 04:28 PM
...Castle, oh Castle. Honestly one of the most annoying defenders if they are good.
Yes, he can be countered by Sledge, Ash or nearly anyone with a Breach charge as you said, but when I'm playing Tatcher (stun-grenades) and i'm running with a Montagne in front, you kinda feel useless when you see a Castle'd off doorway/window and you're left with no other option to either consume important time to get a breacher with you, or have to find another way...

I agree. I find that Castle barricades are at their most powerful when the enemy team is reduced to 1-2 players, more if you take out their breachers. Putting up a Castle barricade late-game (which comes with it's own risks, so do it at your discretion) can be a brutal strategy. I prefer using only 2 of my barricades initially, so that I have a replacement just in case the situation arises.

ShaneTheSchwabe
01-15-2016, 10:23 PM
Castle is nice as it let's you influence the avenues of approach the attackers will take. That said, I also wonder about the value of Castle as the reinforce barricades are pretty easy to defeat. Mute helps but really only on windows. Otherwise it's even easier to defeat the Jammers

carnivoranmc
01-21-2016, 08:15 AM
Any operator can destroy a castle barricade by meleeing it about 11 times although this seems ridiculous it works